Incursion 2.0

## A coronal mass ejection is affecting the earth... causing beautiful aurora displays across the north and southern poles. Under the cover of this common geomagnetic event, an unusually large burst of ions makes the auroras at the south pole over antarctica to go absolutely insane. The research labs love it though, looks beautiful, makes for good video to send home to the kids.. and the readings are.. both strange and interesting curiousities.##

At the Southern axial pole there is a loud snap outside. The research stations there all hear it. As they move outside into the howling lightning storm that is raging, they go missing.. one by one.. til only those operating within the shacks remain. 

"Move quickly, do not kill, take them prisoner.. shut down their coms first." Maelstrom instructed the exploration team Commander, Lt. Solus, who gave a swift nods and through hand signals conveyed to his peers the plan to strike down all the satellites dishes and radio towers before performing a snatch-n-grab black-bag op on the occupants of the building.

The only thing the rest of the world knew.. was that the south pole station had gone quiet not long after a huge, not unexpected, but unusual in magnitude.. magnetometer spike. The researchers were now temporary prisoners of the Arctic Storm Dragons who were now starting to spread out across the land around them to secure a perimeter.

"This is perfect Solus. Just as the readings indicated.. perfectly compatible with our biology.. but.. I'm detecting something off..."

"What's that sir?"

"No magic. This world seems.. mana dead."

Solus snorted, "I'll inform the battle mages to stay behind.. they'll be useless here."

Maelstrom nodded, closing his eyes sensing the air about him that was being disturbed by the portals using only the usual senses one might expect a dragon to have.. not his extended set. "Yeah.. this is a pure technology world.. no arcane structures that I can sense or in tact.. or if they are.. they are very weak or dormant. Prep for conventional operations. You are hereby promoted to interim governor of PNW Earth 2."

Solus saluted, "I will do my best not to fail you Emperor." 

"I leave it to you then.. I've done my job here.. you're safe.. get operations going." He was mainly present merely to ascertain that the world was not in fact a risk to his soldiers and people. He quietly slipped back through the portal.

The planar bridge was held open and supplies and equipment for operating in this environment poured through. The dragons themselves.. did not mind the cold, they loved it and the environment was perfect for them. Several set up teams to go hunting for whale and seals, not to kill immediately.. but to harvest breeding material for a domestic stock. Tanks, dragons in armored suits, some of them with jet packs.. rumbled through the gate.. Construction equipment took advantage of the research station's facilities and improved upon them including expanding a fully operational runway and vtol pad. The hominids that came through the gates with them wore winter gear, except the frost giants who came through dressed for business but half treating this as a vacation.

Solus' first priority.. more planar bridges.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

V̢ͭ̔ͣͯͫ͐ͥ̄͗ͬ̄ͭ͏̹͖̺̲͕̦͉̣̙́i̡͕͙̺̗̻̹̘͇̋̽̆ͮ̈́́ͭ͢͢͞n̢̛̫̘͎̝̪̪͔̙̗̘͚͇͚̣̦ͫ̊ͩ͊͌͘͜͝i̡̱̭͉͔̘̖̠̲̺̍͐ͯ̌̈̾̾́̔͑̋ͬͯ̑̚͠ ̸̷̨̜̦͓͖͖̹̫̹̖̮͙̻̻̹̺̞͍̙ͥ̏̃ͨ̓͑̏͊̀ͯ̉ͯ̒͒͗̄̚V̢̢̡̙̻̳̘͖̖̟͚̣̬̏͐ͮ͒̎̈̽̽̾̂̔̅ͩͪͦ̑̿̏̍ͅͅi̶͍̮͈͇̰̫̯͉̜͒́̉̊̓̚͘̕ḑ̸͈̟̫̹̟͓̹̠͇̗͖̤̥̰̲̬ͮ̉ͫi̴͔̪͍͇͌̋̆̃͆̈̔ͧ͆̎̋ͥͫͫ́͢͠ ͕̞̠̯͍̫͚̪̺͓̣̦̖ͧ̓ͬ̎̀͝ͅV̴̨̤̙͔̥͍̟̦̥̺̟̯͔̤̫ͬͮ͑͌i̞͎̹͇̻͎̘̳̮̤͙̯̩ͪ̂͌̐ͪ͐̓̃ͧ̈̓͛̎̄̈͞͡ͅd̸̵̬̫͔͙̀̓͐̈́͜͡e͍̝̗̱̝͈̣̤̜̳͑̓͂̈ͯͤ̕͡v̸̖̰̟͈̠̰̣̮̦ͭ̆̑ͮͮ̾͊ͤ̒̊̊ͯ̈́ͬ͌ͭ̚͜ȏ̧͊̿͑ͯ̚͏̲̣̩̼͙ṙ̴̴̠̗̼̥͈̣̌͋̃̔̎̿ͨͥ͗̈̋̋̆̐̀ͩͦ̕͘͜ͅá̵̦͎̣͇̦̙͙͖̟̣̲̳̘̣̣̳̝͊̈́̐̇̑̔̈̉͒̆ͬv̵̨̭̝̯̫̞̜̭̭̘ͦͧͭ͋̂ͣͨͮ̑ͪͤ͌ͣ̒̽̾̾͢͠͡î̛̞̟̤͍̰̂ͪ͛̒̍̅͒̉̅ͥͯ̌̽̈́̾̈͛̏͡ț̷̲̟͎̰̟͇͖͖̻̼̰̞͎̯͚͚ͩͧͨ̆͗̕͢.̵̢̦̭̳̗͖͙̼̜̩̖̹̤͓͔̈́ͫ̂͊ͩͮͤ̕͢͡ͅ ̴̡̰̙̙͕̩͈̩̻͕̰̠͑̅̔ͩ͛ͩ͆̂̀̋ͬ͂̑̔I̶̢͇̖͖̥̠̳̘͚̓͋ͮͮ̊̽ͯ̈̽̒̓ͮ͂ͨ́͠f̶̴̥̗̙̳̫̜̥̗̞̳̍̅̎̍̒̒ͮ̇̈̊̿̚̕ ̸̢͕͇̜̙̩̭̮̱̈̓͆ͨ̄ͥͮ̽ͧ́́͘ͅy̡̱͚̺͈̳̤̺̞͎̻̮̣̤̘͖̥̗̬͒̊̉̅̆ͧ́͛̌̑ͣ̿̾͋̊̀͜͟͡o͚̳̯͙̬̦͉͚͙̦ͣͥ̿̏̌ͩ͗͌̎̆ͫ̌̿ͫͩͥ̕͝ͅu̷̲̘̖̯͈ͪ̔̇ͥͧ̈́̓ͬ̓͑ͨ̋̓̃̅͜͜ͅ ̸̢̖͇̜͖̺̙̲͙̻̫̝̣̗̈ͦ́͞a̶̢̢̰̻̰͍͎͙̺̪̪ͯͯ̄̋ͮ̒͛̅ͬ͆͐ͧ̃ͬͤ͛ͯ͟r̷̟̦͈͈̥̤̖̤͔͎̤͉̜̼͇͇ͭ͂ͩ̔ͥ̀͋ͨ̈́̊͐̈̆͒̓̃̎́̕͘͝e̶̱͓̜͙ͩ͒ͪ̂͛̋͆̈̂̌̌̒̂̐ͪ͗̓͐͠͞ ̴ͦ̉̏̓ͨͬ̐̓͛ͦ̽ͮ̎̎̓͟͏̶͏͖̩͙͕̗̘͉̯̫̹̱̺̻̞͇á̴̧̮̹̜͓͕͒̽̈ͤͪͮ͋̊̑̔ͤ͂̉͑͛̚͜t̛ͪͮ̈́̋̉͏̮̫͓͙̲͔̼ ̴̵͎̫̝̼͈̰͇̑͋ͤͩͮ͘w̵̡̥̫͉̯̯̭̪͈̜͎̤͇̙͎͖̳̝͛̄̔ͯ͐̓̅ͩ͑̃ͤͥ̕͢a̵̡̡ͦͫ͊ͣ̍̓͐͒̈̒ͧ͌̉͛͏͖͕̜͉͉r̵̛̘̞͙͕̉̄̔́̉̓ͯ͌̾̓̄͞͡ ̨͊̇̊͏̛͓͕̘̤͟͞w̢͚͎̥̙̜̠̻̫̹̮̦͛̑͒͋̏͗̊͜͞i̸̶̧͖͈̥͚̭̰̦̞̫̥̬̰̝͍̬̗̦͚̲ͨͨ̉͟t̸̵̵͖̦͉͕̱͇̐͑ͧ̋͆̀̔ͯͨ͌͆̚ḧ̵̛͎̫̬̣̩͇̥̞̭̼̜̩͕̈̐̂̌̍̎ͬͭ͌͠ ̛̘̫͔̹͓̻̗̻̲͉̞̞͚̩̯̮ͪ̔̌̿̍ͦ̀ͥ̍̎̿ͨ̽̀́͢͠m̶̶̡̭͎͎̤̩̹̩̞͇̦̼̳̝̑̅̑͛̽ͭ̅̓̆̍ͫͮ́̄͘ͅeͬ̊ͨ͂̿ͨ̊͝҉̸̺̰̯̤͚̖͜ͅ,̡͎̖͇̙͎̿ͨ̆ͤ̑́͡ ̷̸̫̲͕̻̫̰͇̖̳̗̙ͮ́̓̉ͯͭ̀́͜ͅp̆͐ͥ̐͒ͦ̐͊̂̓̈̊̽ͫ͊̊̇ͨ͠͏̸̼̘̦̺͈̠̰̤͚̝͙̰̺̩̰r̛͙̩̭͚̞͇̩̥̼̦ͯ̇̃̐̂̔ͫͯͫ̏ͭͤ̑̀̽̾͗ͫ̓̀̕͡ͅe̛̳͖͚͇͎͑͑̓̍̓͗͗̓̄ͦ͠͝͡p̸̘̮͉̼̯̲̻͔͕͇͖͖̟̗̭̹̘͚̗ͩ͗͛̉͒ͥ̀̌̆ͩͤ̃ͨ̽̿͒ͨ͠͠a̸̷͒̒̍̀͗͑͜͏̱̘̘̲̮̯̳̘̀r͙̜̝̲̯̝͔̦̺̗͉͚͉͙͍̠̓ͦ͊̿ͬ̈ͪ͂̌̚͟͡͡ͅe̶̪̱̪̟̣͉͉̹͈̫͇̝̪̮̙ͯ͂̈̈̓ͦ̍̂̾̏ͪ̏ͭͧ͛ ̷̧̭̝̺̗̟ͬ̾̏ͫ̕t̷̵̡͓͔̜͙̘͈̲͈̳ͦ̊̇̽̅̄̀ͮ̒ͪ͆̑̓͊́͝ͅǫ̶͈̞͚̹̻̤̲̙͖̪̍̃̐̏ͦͪͦͤͩ̽̿̿ͮͪ̿̀͂̀͡ ̡̤̹̲̜̪̞̽̽̓ͥ̒ͨ͊̐ͫ͗ͫ̐̈́̑ͥ̕͢͡b̴̨̨̛̦͇̪̠̺͔͙̤̜̉͐̓̌̀͟ͅͅë̢̼͔̗̰̦̼̘̯̟̩͚́͗͆͒͋̀͆̑̋ͩ̉̒͊ͬ͊̃ͪ̆͊͟͡ ̵̡̛̳̜̦̱͎̞ͤͣ̏͒ͯ̇̈́͗ͮ̇̎ͬͧc̴͍̞̼̹ͨͭ̇̒͌͗̉ͥͥ͗̓̎̌̅͒ͭ̇̅́o̧̧̤̘͕̬̰̣͔͖̘̥͖̜̐ͥ́ͤ̒̔͘͠ͅņ̶̛͔͎͍͉ͪ̾̃ͦ͛̈́̒̅̒s̶̷̸̙͍̹͎̬̜̦̞̤̥̦̙̞̥͚͈̬̋̃͒ͮ͒ͪ̆ͩͯ̒͋̾̒̾͋̅͌̓͡ǔ̶͚͈̠̭̻̜̉ͪ́̓ͩͤ̅̌̌̈̍ͤ̾̌͛ͥ͗ͦ͟͜͞m̛̯̪̘͍̜͕͕̞̤͖͉͉͔̞͙͈͓̐ͦͯ̽ͬ͒̾ͣ̓̒̔͛ͤ̎̏̈͜͝è̵̱̜̯̙͔̜̝͙̼̬̤̥̒̒ͣ͒̈́͊̀́̕͟ḑ̧̅͂̈͌̔ͧͤ̋ͤ́́̒̂̋͗͆ͮ̚҉̙͚̬̻͎͚̤͞.̴̨̺̜̟̯̹̪͋̋͆ͫͧ̐̔ͩ̉͌̋͋͞

>!

After reports of unusual activity near the South Pole, the Xibei science council decided that a scan of the upper atmosphere was needed. Using tech bought from mog(Corp), the the scan was green lighted, and the results were startling. Soon after, a special Congress was started to determine what to make of the information. Information on the matter would become top secret, until a means of communication was made with the anomalies entity’s was established. The military was put in high alert, and messages were sent to the other members of Chinese United front. The message stated that an electromagnet pula was sent from the South Pole as well as a unknown message in a unknown language. Congress concluded that any technology the anomalies May had would greatly help in developing the nation, so an alliance with the anomalies would be most needed. 

Messages were also sent to Mog(Corp), Canada, and Britannia about the unknown anomalies in the Arctic, in the meantime, messages where being sent via balloons in hope of reaching the anomalies. The hope is that the anomalies are peaceful and won’t harm humanity, till then, the Xibei San ma will be on high alert 24/7 until contact is made.

There was finally something out there once more, a familiar opponent it felt like but things always had a way of changing characters. The Antarctic had been ignored for the most part and the occasional lost station by neutral nations was not unheard of but there was something different about this one, a sense of supernatural which had been dormant for what felt like decades.

There was always a technological equivalent to magic, but the focus on the outer realms of the plane had led to near complete ignorance of the goings on of Terra for far too long to have neutralized the first breach, and had meant it would be a game of watching and eventually reacting once their public announcement of existing was made.

Diplomatic replies would be sent to the Xibei National Council and whomever else acknowledged the development to discuss this incident and their new guests.

Solus had the research scientists that had come with him go through the materials of the ones that had operated the research stations. It would not be long til a database of information on every nation on the planet of generally known information and languages would begin to be compiled. In the meantime, Solus had ordered an interference pattern etched into the ice and projectors set up to fire snow masking white lights up from the ground to obscure operations from any observing overflights.

To the other nations of the world, it would appear as if the terrain had blended into and been reclaimed by the antarctic wilderness. Whoever was there, wasn't ready to be found yet.

Elaborate ice carving began to take place as habitats and operations centers were literally carved into the face of Antarctica, when they hit soil they'd keep going beginning to work on their first bunkers for the military command center and the Hive's first planetary link including a data center with multi-lane quantum bit processing.

"Modern technologies.. approximating 2020 earths.. satellite constellations.. not the most advanced world we've seen.. but far from the least. We'll have to react accordingly." Solus sighed. He had told his mate he'd be away 3 months on this deployment. Looks like plans had changed. He would have to bring her through to be with him. A prospect hew as nervous about. He quietly sat his fire whiskey down as he read through reports and considered if any additional instructions need be given out to his crews at the time. White scales and blue eyes blended with the ice of the wall in hsi newly created lair.. other than his eyes, the presence of his desk and paper work.. you'd almost miss him if you'd walked in relying only on your eyes to see.

V̢ͭ̔ͣͯͫ͐ͥ̄͗ͬ̄ͭ͏̹͖̺̲͕̦͉̣̙́i̡͕͙̺̗̻̹̘͇̋̽̆ͮ̈́́ͭ͢͢͞n̢̛̫̘͎̝̪̪͔̙̗̘͚͇͚̣̦ͫ̊ͩ͊͌͘͜͝i̡̱̭͉͔̘̖̠̲̺̍͐ͯ̌̈̾̾́̔͑̋ͬͯ̑̚͠ ̸̷̨̜̦͓͖͖̹̫̹̖̮͙̻̻̹̺̞͍̙ͥ̏̃ͨ̓͑̏͊̀ͯ̉ͯ̒͒͗̄̚V̢̢̡̙̻̳̘͖̖̟͚̣̬̏͐ͮ͒̎̈̽̽̾̂̔̅ͩͪͦ̑̿̏̍ͅͅi̶͍̮͈͇̰̫̯͉̜͒́̉̊̓̚͘̕ḑ̸͈̟̫̹̟͓̹̠͇̗͖̤̥̰̲̬ͮ̉ͫi̴͔̪͍͇͌̋̆̃͆̈̔ͧ͆̎̋ͥͫͫ́͢͠ ͕̞̠̯͍̫͚̪̺͓̣̦̖ͧ̓ͬ̎̀͝ͅV̴̨̤̙͔̥͍̟̦̥̺̟̯͔̤̫ͬͮ͑͌i̞͎̹͇̻͎̘̳̮̤͙̯̩ͪ̂͌̐ͪ͐̓̃ͧ̈̓͛̎̄̈͞͡ͅd̸̵̬̫͔͙̀̓͐̈́͜͡e͍̝̗̱̝͈̣̤̜̳͑̓͂̈ͯͤ̕͡v̸̖̰̟͈̠̰̣̮̦ͭ̆̑ͮͮ̾͊ͤ̒̊̊ͯ̈́ͬ͌ͭ̚͜ȏ̧͊̿͑ͯ̚͏̲̣̩̼͙ṙ̴̴̠̗̼̥͈̣̌͋̃̔̎̿ͨͥ͗̈̋̋̆̐̀ͩͦ̕͘͜ͅá̵̦͎̣͇̦̙͙͖̟̣̲̳̘̣̣̳̝͊̈́̐̇̑̔̈̉͒̆ͬv̵̨̭̝̯̫̞̜̭̭̘ͦͧͭ͋̂ͣͨͮ̑ͪͤ͌ͣ̒̽̾̾͢͠͡î̛̞̟̤͍̰̂ͪ͛̒̍̅͒̉̅ͥͯ̌̽̈́̾̈͛̏͡ț̷̲̟͎̰̟͇͖͖̻̼̰̞͎̯͚͚ͩͧͨ̆͗̕͢.̵̢̦̭̳̗͖͙̼̜̩̖̹̤͓͔̈́ͫ̂͊ͩͮͤ̕͢͡ͅ ̴̡̰̙̙͕̩͈̩̻͕̰̠͑̅̔ͩ͛ͩ͆̂̀̋ͬ͂̑̔I̶̢͇̖͖̥̠̳̘͚̓͋ͮͮ̊̽ͯ̈̽̒̓ͮ͂ͨ́͠f̶̴̥̗̙̳̫̜̥̗̞̳̍̅̎̍̒̒ͮ̇̈̊̿̚̕ ̸̢͕͇̜̙̩̭̮̱̈̓͆ͨ̄ͥͮ̽ͧ́́͘ͅy̡̱͚̺͈̳̤̺̞͎̻̮̣̤̘͖̥̗̬͒̊̉̅̆ͧ́͛̌̑ͣ̿̾͋̊̀͜͟͡o͚̳̯͙̬̦͉͚͙̦ͣͥ̿̏̌ͩ͗͌̎̆ͫ̌̿ͫͩͥ̕͝ͅu̷̲̘̖̯͈ͪ̔̇ͥͧ̈́̓ͬ̓͑ͨ̋̓̃̅͜͜ͅ ̸̢̖͇̜͖̺̙̲͙̻̫̝̣̗̈ͦ́͞a̶̢̢̰̻̰͍͎͙̺̪̪ͯͯ̄̋ͮ̒͛̅ͬ͆͐ͧ̃ͬͤ͛ͯ͟r̷̟̦͈͈̥̤̖̤͔͎̤͉̜̼͇͇ͭ͂ͩ̔ͥ̀͋ͨ̈́̊͐̈̆͒̓̃̎́̕͘͝e̶̱͓̜͙ͩ͒ͪ̂͛̋͆̈̂̌̌̒̂̐ͪ͗̓͐͠͞ ̴ͦ̉̏̓ͨͬ̐̓͛ͦ̽ͮ̎̎̓͟͏̶͏͖̩͙͕̗̘͉̯̫̹̱̺̻̞͇á̴̧̮̹̜͓͕͒̽̈ͤͪͮ͋̊̑̔ͤ͂̉͑͛̚͜t̛ͪͮ̈́̋̉͏̮̫͓͙̲͔̼ ̴̵͎̫̝̼͈̰͇̑͋ͤͩͮ͘w̵̡̥̫͉̯̯̭̪͈̜͎̤͇̙͎͖̳̝͛̄̔ͯ͐̓̅ͩ͑̃ͤͥ̕͢a̵̡̡ͦͫ͊ͣ̍̓͐͒̈̒ͧ͌̉͛͏͖͕̜͉͉r̵̛̘̞͙͕̉̄̔́̉̓ͯ͌̾̓̄͞͡ ̨͊̇̊͏̛͓͕̘̤͟͞w̢͚͎̥̙̜̠̻̫̹̮̦͛̑͒͋̏͗̊͜͞i̸̶̧͖͈̥͚̭̰̦̞̫̥̬̰̝͍̬̗̦͚̲ͨͨ̉͟t̸̵̵͖̦͉͕̱͇̐͑ͧ̋͆̀̔ͯͨ͌͆̚ḧ̵̛͎̫̬̣̩͇̥̞̭̼̜̩͕̈̐̂̌̍̎ͬͭ͌͠ ̛̘̫͔̹͓̻̗̻̲͉̞̞͚̩̯̮ͪ̔̌̿̍ͦ̀ͥ̍̎̿ͨ̽̀́͢͠m̶̶̡̭͎͎̤̩̹̩̞͇̦̼̳̝̑̅̑͛̽ͭ̅̓̆̍ͫͮ́̄͘ͅeͬ̊ͨ͂̿ͨ̊͝҉̸̺̰̯̤͚̖͜ͅ,̡͎̖͇̙͎̿ͨ̆ͤ̑́͡ ̷̸̫̲͕̻̫̰͇̖̳̗̙ͮ́̓̉ͯͭ̀́͜ͅp̆͐ͥ̐͒ͦ̐͊̂̓̈̊̽ͫ͊̊̇ͨ͠͏̸̼̘̦̺͈̠̰̤͚̝͙̰̺̩̰r̛͙̩̭͚̞͇̩̥̼̦ͯ̇̃̐̂̔ͫͯͫ̏ͭͤ̑̀̽̾͗ͫ̓̀̕͡ͅe̛̳͖͚͇͎͑͑̓̍̓͗͗̓̄ͦ͠͝͡p̸̘̮͉̼̯̲̻͔͕͇͖͖̟̗̭̹̘͚̗ͩ͗͛̉͒ͥ̀̌̆ͩͤ̃ͨ̽̿͒ͨ͠͠a̸̷͒̒̍̀͗͑͜͏̱̘̘̲̮̯̳̘̀r͙̜̝̲̯̝͔̦̺̗͉͚͉͙͍̠̓ͦ͊̿ͬ̈ͪ͂̌̚͟͡͡ͅe̶̪̱̪̟̣͉͉̹͈̫͇̝̪̮̙ͯ͂̈̈̓ͦ̍̂̾̏ͪ̏ͭͧ͛ ̷̧̭̝̺̗̟ͬ̾̏ͫ̕t̷̵̡͓͔̜͙̘͈̲͈̳ͦ̊̇̽̅̄̀ͮ̒ͪ͆̑̓͊́͝ͅǫ̶͈̞͚̹̻̤̲̙͖̪̍̃̐̏ͦͪͦͤͩ̽̿̿ͮͪ̿̀͂̀͡ ̡̤̹̲̜̪̞̽̽̓ͥ̒ͨ͊̐ͫ͗ͫ̐̈́̑ͥ̕͢͡b̴̨̨̛̦͇̪̠̺͔͙̤̜̉͐̓̌̀͟ͅͅë̢̼͔̗̰̦̼̘̯̟̩͚́͗͆͒͋̀͆̑̋ͩ̉̒͊ͬ͊̃ͪ̆͊͟͡ ̵̡̛̳̜̦̱͎̞ͤͣ̏͒ͯ̇̈́͗ͮ̇̎ͬͧc̴͍̞̼̹ͨͭ̇̒͌͗̉ͥͥ͗̓̎̌̅͒ͭ̇̅́o̧̧̤̘͕̬̰̣͔͖̘̥͖̜̐ͥ́ͤ̒̔͘͠ͅņ̶̛͔͎͍͉ͪ̾̃ͦ͛̈́̒̅̒s̶̷̸̙͍̹͎̬̜̦̞̤̥̦̙̞̥͚͈̬̋̃͒ͮ͒ͪ̆ͩͯ̒͋̾̒̾͋̅͌̓͡ǔ̶͚͈̠̭̻̜̉ͪ́̓ͩͤ̅̌̌̈̍ͤ̾̌͛ͥ͗ͦ͟͜͞m̛̯̪̘͍̜͕͕̞̤͖͉͉͔̞͙͈͓̐ͦͯ̽ͬ͒̾ͣ̓̒̔͛ͤ̎̏̈͜͝è̵̱̜̯̙͔̜̝͙̼̬̤̥̒̒ͣ͒̈́͊̀́̕͟ḑ̧̅͂̈͌̔ͧͤ̋ͤ́́̒̂̋͗͆ͮ̚҉̙͚̬̻͎͚̤͞.̴̨̺̜̟̯̹̪͋̋͆ͫͧ̐̔ͩ̉͌̋͋͞

>!

The Congress has sent messages to all major nations of the world to discuss this matter, so If the anomalies where dangerous, a war plan could be made. While the this was happening, war plan silver was being finalized. War plan silver was a plan for defending against a shogunate invasion.  Right before finalization, the plan was put on hold as the new war plan gold started being created, as war plan gold was a plan for defending against the anomalies.

A single broadcast was repeated over open radio..... which appeared to be originating from Antarctica.

Va Vis Pacem, para Devorandum.
Dona nobis pacem.
Draco dormien nonquans titillandus.

Apparently one of the researchers had a book on latin and it seemed to dominate research terminology and literature so the dragons thought they were "talking the high tongue" of this world.

>!

3 minutes ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Va Vis Pacem, para Devorandum.
Dona nobis pacem.
Draco dormien nonquans titillandus.

A mechanical chittering would begin amongst corporate territories, eventually sending the message back.

cibi abundantia. Pax vix est quasi de somno dormientes et insipientibus debitor machinis.

Discedite.
Hoc nunc est terra nostrum.
Et hic primus.
Nos hie melior.
Qui spatium planum tuetur.
Non sumus participes, sed et pretiosa.
Universum lucretur.

"Wait.. that's a horrible translation.. .. gah.. this is a parallel world.. try the common english." The translator criticized his comrade.

Stay Away.
This land is now ours.
You were here first.
We are here best.
He who spans the planes is with us.
We will not allow co-occupation of this continent, but we will trade.
Everyone will benefit.

Your scientists want to go home. To where should we send them?

>!

A safe zone would be set up in the Malacca strait, Singapore being used as a headquarters for the Impossible Conceded, the corporate flagship containing several kilograms of antimatter, the basis of finance upon the planet once the company took over. 

Cables would be sent out to all interested parties in order to ensure a stable diplomatic summit, discussion amongst the southern neighbors expected to be interesting to say the least.

In the south, there was no awareness of the Summit.. but the fact contact had been made prompted an Imperial Drone to be dispatched to the colony in Antarctica. A maelstrom returned to the gate.. It nodded to its subjects who were working diligently on its first fortress in the ice and stone of this world. Great complex fractal designs for structures patterned for efficient thermal exchange and use of energy in such a manner as to preserve the ice used for walls, ceilings and floors. 

Maelstrom looked to Solus, "With this world's temperatures rising.. be prepared to replace the temporary with the permanent..." He looked up at the night sky.. as it was winter in the southern hemisphere and smiled at the familiar, though slightly different, constellations."Estimating 1% differential in fundamental universal parameters. Maybe the gravitational constant is off .0001% or something." He shrugged. "Further analysis will reveal how it ticks in time..": Most of this was talking to himself.. but people were accustomed to that around the hive drones, at least they were here.

Solus informed it, "The gates have been built..... we're securing them now, the firewall between worlds is being created."

"Very good.. I want no back drafts into our realm of origin.. make sure the seal is strong. The entities here are somewhat advanced." The drone replied. The Drone, for the most part, resembled its originator, but it was vastly enhanced from the organic it was based on.. it was cybernetic, it was not fully organic. Its eyes could see the entire breadth of the EM spectrum simultaneously through delicate octagonal sensors in the eyes where the retinas would normally be in any organic being. It's sensory centers were designed to co-process and extract data based on its hosts' set parameters. Sensitivity was constantly being adjusted for contrast on each band as environmental conditions changed. It came blessed with a wide array of chemical and olfactory sensors that could tell him the exact make up of the atmosphere where he stood.

When the original had come, it had realized it was out of touch with the air.. so it sent a drone with the technology equivalent of his lost senses.. a barometric pressure reader, a very sensitive tremor sensor, and a hyper sensitive concusison sensor was on board.. it could hear people breath hundreds of yards away and heartbeats at about 100 feet. The cyborg was the very best amalgam of data collection the hive had to offered, and all the data and its telemetry was returned to the hive's data centers, relayed through the portals to a world beyond unseen from the ground stations at the pole. 

The aurora.. which had started with their arrival.. had faded on the North Pole, but the South was very active.. their activity causing clear localized geomagnetic disturbance.

"I anticipate they will call for us soon, since they know we have their scientists... they are in good heatlh?" Maelstrom asked.

"A few minor scrapes and bruises from the struggle, but they are well, my liege." Solus replied. 

"Good.. then hopefully we can get this to go off without anyone getting killed." The hive smiled.

>!

A missile was detected going up from Antarctica into a LEO trajectory. On board were the 48 required constituents needed for a global satellite constellation to provide communications and navigation.. the missile truck and platform to provide delivery had been brought through one of the larger portals, pre-assembled. Once done inserting the satellites to prevent space-junk accrual, the missile did a turn and burn double sling shot around the moon back to earth which set it on a descent trajectory into the sun.

>!

The rocket was immediately noticed and observation of near perfect orbitals for every satellite were impressive, but not unexpected, earth rarely changed that much. Rather than fire upon what were currently neutral satellites, it was ignored for military movement, heightened awareness of the southern hemisphere became critical and the corporate fleet would focus entirely on the new threat, repeatedly transmitting a message of diplomacy.

War was fun but with foreign powers it was important to ensure that everything was welcome in this world.

"The network is in place." Solus would inform his drone master. "They have landed on the northern edge of the continent, you should go."

By the time he looked up from his paperwork for filing his formal report on the operations for the day, the drone was already missing from his side and view.

>!

The satellites synced, forming an integrated relay grid using quantum communications. All data was shared in real-time, was encrypted for systems processing internally to the communications systems whenever it was not in transit, unable to be intercepted, and immediately available to the hive. Gravometric, radio, and optical sensors on the satellite would be used to "mass image" the entire planet's surface. A catalog of known surface vessels, military hardware, and their various readings were formed. This included the location of possible underground installations due to their unnatural configurations (lots of sharp angels and frequently boxy or tubeish for missile silos) and design the hollow spaces lack of mass were easily assessed and picked out by the gravometric telemetry. There was little that could hide from the array.. even traditional EM Stealth aircraft showed up as bright blips on a mass register.

The array was so precise, it could roughly determine the constituency of specific object using gravitational atomic weight analysis and the catalog of known atomic masses. It was.. somewhat similar to mass spectrometer techniques but more focused on counting particle weight.

There was a catch though, the Dragonisians were detecting anomalies in elements that were slightly off.. or different from their planes of origin. This was expected given they were in an entirely other reality from their origin. The anomalies were noted and physicists would begin to determine what this meant for the purpose of materials applications and expected effects on molecular behaviors.

>!

The corporate flagship along with enough naval power to counteract anything they could have brought through the warp for a long enough time to commit to the job would have neared the southern continent to be able to deploy an excursion to meet the guests upon Orbis or whatever this planet was calling itself.

Corporate vessels had always committed to offensive blinding and laser based communication, the cost of active sonar and various spectrum counter warfare was worth the location information. You would only know their location, not the numbers to a precise enough number to feel confident. A single aircraft would take off from the capital ship to arrive at the airstrip that fed the lost base. A short burst would be delivered by drones that flew ahead of the aircraft that stated the diplomatic nature of the trip, to not say anything of the hassle of being cold.

The burst was replied to with an authorization for landing and a welcome.. (continue the diplomatic bit in the Another age thread). Like other visiting parties, they were greeted at shore and lead to a common conference area constructed of ice.

>!

The law of Mass Exchange.. per Imperial standards.. any mass brought to a world, must be offset by mass taken away. Resources would flow into the portals, finished product would flow out. The reason for this was very simple: "Gravitational systems are complex and over time any movement of mass between them can disrupt the current established and natural balance, therefore all planar commerce must be done with an eye on the total mass of product being moved between realities, otherwise accidental collapse or degradation my occur after prolonged trade."

Solus had made sure the law was strictly observed.. every time another being came across, an equal amount of material was displaced. Usually in the form of sea-water or waste product for re-processing into useful materials.

Growth was going according to plan and like clockwork. The cities strangely, were built at precise geometric locations on the continent rather than in line with terrain. The terrain was simply reconstructed to meet their needs. Massive Cities were being built at 15 degree intervals of longitude, where the longitudinal lines on a map intersected the coastline, with locally documented GMT 0 as the starting point for city 0. There were 24 cities being constructed in total. A second set of cities would be planned for 5 degrees south of those, offset from those cities by 7.5 degrees to minimize domain overlap. It was apparent the Dragonisians were a society that took its civic engineering to unprecedented geometric schemes and extremes.

Each city would deploy a core portal.. that could be directed for transits to any other city portal or back to the other universes of the Dragonisian's origin. There was minimal air travel and what there was, mostly regarded defense, surveillance, or surveying. Or.. dragons just having fun and enjoying their wings or hunting airborne prey.

##Internal Hive Communications displayed for narrative purposes##

Maelstrom 373 communique to Overmind:

"Data links being rapidly established. Neural network spanning the continent at normal expansion parameters. Sky Eye has been linked in. Awareness is spreading rapidly. The diplomats are en-route. Thus far.. no conflict outside of first contact scuffle. Data acquisition is being enabled by this society being within its information age. Public knowledge is a widely available asset. Public Broadcasting Streams have been linked into the cultural and science data centers for inclusion in our awareness.

They do not know what we are yet. We are concerned with their reaction when they discover the scale of the entity with which they are interacting. The goal is to familiarize, socialize, and perform a slow introduction so they do not feel threatened."

The Overmind issued no corrective overrides at this time.

>!

MoG[Corp] had usually stayed internal for communication, exported channels tended to be of the most extreme nature, often violent sports and other forms of entertainment. News was fair and balanced depending on your perspective, internal channels had various opinions, different high level employees having control over various factions, the majority of them radically isolationists with no interest in the outside world.

Music was a preference for export, the many electronic genres as well as multiple languages due to the varied population the company had managed to collect over the decades of open immigration. 

There was no cause for concern publicly toward the development, only that the research facilities were being contacted and restored from an unusual weather pattern.

Seeing the kind of material being broadcast by MoG[Corp], Dragonisian began to broadcast its own cultural content on similar, but vacant, bands and in doing so unintentionally matching the Corp's intended broadcasting regulations.  They even matched for resolution and encoding type so existing receivers may receive and translate them.

One of the more dominant sports broadcast was "Sky Arena" it was a sport that evolved from old gladiatorial combat among dragons. The dragon would wear armor made of its own shed scales and that armor would be embedded with gems at specific points, chest, neck, tail, wing joints. The dragon that tore the most of them off their adversary won the battle. It was non-lethal talon to talon combat that still used the dragon's own durability in the form of their scales as a test of their mettle/endurance. All of this fighting took place in the sky, but there were also platforms that the dragons could land on and scrap if they wanted to do ground bound fighting. Honoring the old arena, if a dragon lost its wing gem many would land to fight on the ground simulating themselves being injured, but it was merely an act of honor and not required. A sort of dragon pro-wrestling.

Another notable music broadcast was the Storm Orchestra.. and involved a single storm dragon acting as both band and choir by controlling multiple plasma/lightning arcs between itself and the sky, regulating pitch and frequency by simply adjusting the electrical charge and flow. Some could even perfectly emulate the voices of other beings. But more awesomely.. a single storm dragon could simulate a 10 person choir just using its 10 extended talon digits, 5 per claw. The breadth and depth of an entire sky as the audio platform for a single conductor, was breath-taking both visually and audibly.

The Dragonisians were out to win the hearts of, and render into awe, their co-inhabitants of this world.

>!

#The swarms.....#

A week after arrival, the Dragonisians began to drop long range mobile submersibles into the seas. In the air, massive drone swarms took off and began to idle over all of the world's major oceans in circular formations. The drones were armed to the teeth, powered by a combination of sun, lithium batteries as primary power supplies and with a small plutonium back up battery. If the primary power was ever damaged or degraded to less than 20% efficiency on the battery, the drone was programmed to return home for repair. There were 5 distinct sets of drones. All used the quantum communications method to relay digital 1024 bit data. They had indefinite standby times and only need recalled for maintenance or when suffering combat or environmental damage.

Command Drone:
MASS AWACS outfitted, including local hive link to command structure, served as long range eyes and ears of the swarm. At least 10 of these were among each drone cluster. They were otherwise unarmed except for basic aircraft countermeasures, flak and chaff.

Airspace Control Drone:
There were about 50  of these among each drone cluster. They had 4 LRAAM over-the-horizon proximity detonated kinetic flak missiles on board that could strike aircraft up to 250 NM away.. just short of the Command drone's maximum air-surveillance range. Their maneuverability far exceeded that of any aircraft controlled by an organic being. They used mass-signature guidance systems that homed on targets based on the gravitational pull they exerted on surrounding objects and the shape of their gravitational field. 

Surface Control Drone: 
Anti-Naval configuration. There were about 15 of these in each cluster. Each contained 4 standard HM Slammer hyper-sonic, ramjet assisted, anti-ship missiles designed to be remotely piloted to their target or automatically guided with evasion patterns to avoid anti-ship defenses. Like their LRAAM cousin's, these missiles operated on gravitic signatures, not radar. They also carried a 5th nuclear tipped slammer for general anti-fleet use in the event of major escalation.

ASW Drone:
Equipped with 3torpedoes, There were about 5 of these in each cluster.  using combined acoustic and gravitic sensors.The sonar is meant to facilitate the gravitic sensors in distinguishing large sea creatures from massive submarines due to similar mass/density patterns and the fact the gravitic sensors on these smaller drones were not as accurate as those mounted on proper aircraft and satellites. They also carried 2 traditional barometric fused depth charges. One hyper-sonic nuclear torpedo was also on board for anti-fleet use.

CAS/ Drone:
Deployable in ground support roles with global range, comes equipped with 1 TOW equivalent, 2 kinetic penetrator ramjet missles, 2 conventional high explosive anti-personnel shrapnel missiles all using the standard gravitic sensor guidance used on Dragonisa's other weapons along with a GPS precision suite integrated into  the orbital observation network. There were approximately 40 of these in the swarm

Strategic Warfare drone:
Armed with 2 long range Cruise missiles capable of hemispheric range, 2 nuclear tipped high altitude 10 warhead cruise missile delivery systems capable of hemispheric reach. Unlike ballistic missiles, the high altitude warhead delivery systems would fly at around 60,000 feet at around mach 5 and drop their payload of warheads across targets as they were in route. They had evasion suites which made traditional ABM systems nearly ineffective. Their combined closed/open cycle engines could allow them to briefly escape the atmosphere for prolonged "free fall" ballistic jumps to more distant target areas. 1 Long range  LEO EMP missile designed to knock out an 800 KM radius of electronics and observation systems. There were about 10 of these per swarm.

Strategic Heavy Bomber drone:
Designed as a conventional counterpart to the strategic warfare drone these are primarily meant to take out production and command facilities. However they can also be used against conventional surface ground and naval forces. They are the largest of the drones and can hold a payload each of up to 35,000 Lbs of conventional ordinance with each drone having a mix of HARM Anti-radiation missiles, guided smart bombs. There are about 15 of these per swarm

"Wild Weasel" Jammer Drone:
Extensive jamming suites that specifically target societies that still rely on EM detection, has the ability to scramble communications over radio, radar, and to create false decoy images of other objects of similar size or dimension.  They are the most maneuverable of all the drones and are nicknamed "Wild weasels".  They also carry HARM anti-radar missiles but in greater number, including those that target mobile air and naval radar signatures. The warheads are just large enough to take out an aircraft on impact and will significantly damage a ship's observation arrays and fire control if the strike is accurate though poses no real threat of genuinely sinking a vessel.  There are about 30 of these per swarm with one assigned to each of the strategic heavy bombers as a flight group. The other 15 are distributed roughly evenly among the other swarm flights.

Common traits to all drones:
All employ stealth geometry with weapons on internal mounts. All employ traditional air defense methods of chaff and flares. Only the strategic heavy bomber is impeded in its maneuverability due to sheer mass, it makes up for this by being paired with a wild weasel. They are coated with radar absorbent material. Their engines use black-hole ocarina technology and aero-gel obfuscation covers to hide heat signatures of their jet engines when active. They all have two modes of flight.. "Standby" which is when they are in a static geographically anchored position over an ocean flying as a swarm. In this mode they appear docile and use electric motors that keep them flying around 100 KM/h. "Engagement" which is when they sense they are in danger or enter combat. Their main get engines engage enabling speeds of up to mach 2 on non fighter variants, mach 4 on ramjet powered bombers, weasels, and fighters. These are heavy duty military drones.. think approximately the size of the global hawk and larger.

#Sea Drones#

Sea Crawler standoff drone:
Sub drone.. can do all the things a modern nuclear attack sub can do without the people on board... including deliver torpedoes, cruise missiles, and nuclear strike packages. Powered by plutonium batteries, lithium batteries, float-able solar panels and attached solar panels on board. Indefinite time at sea life, only needing to come in for periodic maintenance and repair. Top speed.. around 10 knots. Unlike attack subs, not very fast. Depends more on extreme stealth than maneuverability. Idle mode minimizes electrical power and allows the craft to coast on currents as it recharges.. can be reactivated if sensors detects other objects approaches.

Sea Lurker suicide drone:
The Dragonisian doomsday weapon. It slinks along as low in the ocean as it can safely travel per its hull design  or the lowest it can get without bottoming out.. slinks into harbors, canals, and enters major cities and ports then idles on the bottom. Atomic battery on board can last 20 years or more.. Contains a single thermonuclear warhead of 1 Mt yield. Surprise weapon meant to take out most major coastal cities, production facilities, fleets.. including those deeper inland on canals. Passive sensors  are constantly on alert to ensure it can move if it is about to be detected. 

Tide Maker:
50 megaton thermonuclear warhead drone designed to sit on sea bottoms at optimal range and topography for tidal-force dispersion among major continental coastlines. Truly indiscriminate last-resort weapon. Never used.  Can create a truly massive tidal wave. Amount in use.. 10 world wide in each major ocean, able to be re-positioned if needed for optimal effect against specific continental coasts. Like the lurker, has a 20 year battery. Passive sensors  are constantly on alert to ensure it can move if it is about to be detected.

All sea drones use a combination of passive sonar and gravitic detection.

#The gravity revolution, a commentary#

At a TED talk, 10 years prior among astrophysicists and weapons designers at a Dragonisian MilTech convetnion on Bob, the earth dragon physicist known as Gravitus, had this to say on gravitic sensory and mass detection, 

"The dangerous nature of the world of Bob made it essential we come to see the world in different ways. As we participated in our observation of the universe through lasers that gave us our first vision of gravity waves, we realized the military application of mass based sensory. Here we had a sensor that could detect two super massive objects colliding light years away distorting our space and our time, causing ripples in it. But what if we could turn that inwards.. make it a microscope? What if we could use the pull of gravity to take measurements and display them in a way that told us more about them? If we could filter out the environmental noise of other mass fields and focus on a specific object, there is a lot you can tell about it just by its pull. Indeed.. if you can get to the area of a square inch, by its mass density alone you can probably tell.. metal or gas. If you isolate it further, a meter across.. you can probably identify what element set of the periodic table it is likely made from. If you can find a way to measure the field strength within nano-meters.. you can probably tell exact consistency. We haven't gotten that far, there are serious barriers to that level of technology, but... for telling metal from gas, not hard. Do you want to know where a fighter jet is? Look for the massive object amid a field of noble gasses whose gravity and mass dispersion are in a specific shape! A sub in the water? Metal is much more dense than water in terms of atomic mass. And if that dense object is filled with noble gasses under a lessor density than surrounding water... then you know you've found your sub! That.. or a very hungry whale."

"Considering that most nuclear arms use high atomic weight elements yields yet another military use. It's pretty easy to tell U-238 from Fe-26 and C-6, especially in large blocks. But trying to pick out  noble gasses from among noble gasses.. good luck with that. Want to find a missile silo? Look for the huge cylinder of noble gasses with a U-238 core and a metal casing and rock surroundings. We can know.. were every member of the traditional nuclear triad of our enemies is at all time, and  we won't even need our intelligence agencies to hunt them down for us. You cannot hide.. from gravity... you cannot hide.. from your own mass. The field is projected over near-infinite distance only ever reaching an effective 0. If you can filter out he noise you could sense objects through walls by their mass. And that is why we have the hive data center AIs to analyze and identify materials. EM identification and audio identification and surveillance definitely still have their use, do not get me wrong, gravitic sensing won't answer it all, but it is a vastly superior way to observe our reality at its most fundamental level."

"You can even count enemy troops, supply reserves, equipment counts and know their exact positions, just by scanning the world with a well synchronized array and they cannot hide from it. This technology will give our war-fighters an edge that will not diminish for decades to come. The only thing that inhibits our ability to observe.. is the complexity of the mathematics of the calculations required to filter out the noise. Noise which increases over distance and time which makes seeing out into space for anything other than planets, stars, or large objects less viable. You're not going to see what the core of a planet is made of at interstellar range.. or penetrate a gas giant to see if it has a solid interior and if so, what of.. but finding a hollow point in the ground.. a human standing in the air.. no problem. You can even identify the objects they are wearing. Glasses, for example, pretty identifiable size and shape, so there are intelligence applications as well. Just like in the early days of photo surveillance what we can learn will only be limited by the knowledge of those interpreting the data and the quality of the image we get."

>!