A super important suggestion

kosmokenny

17 hours ago, Mad Max said:

Ohhh so the best way to motivate someone to do something for me is to yell and act like a complete shit stain. 

Thanks Kosmo, gonna go try this on my mom. 

Acting reasonable doesn't do anything either.

• Downvote 2

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

• Administrators
On 7/13/2019 at 2:02 PM, kosmokenny said:

Yes, that is what he is saying.  That is what he constantly says.  He says that to in game reports.  He says that to forum reports.  He says that every time he doesnt want to punish the person doing it.  He says that because 90% of the time its discord harassment, and 10% of the time its in game harassment, and he doesnt want to take appropriate action on the in game harassment and recognize that the 10% of in game harassment has been repeatedly done by the same group of people.  He is full of shit.  He has fostered this toxic racism and sexism to the point that she had no choice but to delete because even when it happened in game, Alex would not appropriately address it to make it stop.

This is ridiculously. You're kicking and screaming because I won't go beyond the game rules to punish a player you don't like. Racism/sexism/etc. are against the rules and are punished every time it's reported.

I've explained to you how the enforcement of the rules works, and you don't like it, so you're resorting to personal attacks and being quite disrespectful.

This is the internet. I can't control what happens outside of the game, and I don't punish people for what they do outside of the game (which I've explained multiple times now) because I am not the police.

If you're being harassed on Discord, take it up with Discord or your local police. I am not the Discord police.

If you have something specific you'd like to report in-game, it will be enforced via the Game Rules, which in this instance that you're making such a fuss over (repeatedly) was handled according to the written rules. The player was punished with a nation strike, they have not broken any Game Rules since. If you're not satisfied with that, I don't know what to tell you. You probably shouldn't use the internet, because people are always going to be mean to each other so long as there's some anonymity involved, and I can't stop or control that.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Racism/sexism/etc. are against the rules and are punished every time it's reported.

This is only true in the most literal sense. Your punishments are inadequate, and that's why your game is full of racism and sexism.

I'm laughing at you downvoting me, though. My point was that you don't deal with this stuff properly: the fact that you seem to think childishly downvoting me on your forum for pointing out this isn't the first, second, or eighth time you'd failed as an admin underscores my point. It's actually more than you've done to address the substance of my arguments, though, so it doesn't surprise me.

No one wants you to be the discord police. We just are grossed out you continually allow this to happen in your game, and on your forums. If your rules allow for this, they need to be changed.

Edited by Spaceman Thrax
  • Downvote 3

~ William S. Burroughs

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

This is only true in the most literal sense. Your punishments are inadequate, and that's why your game is full of racism and sexism.

I'm laughing at you downvoting me, though. My point was that you don't deal with this stuff properly: the fact that you seem to think childishly downvoting me on your forum for pointing out this isn't the first, second, or eighth time you'd failed as an admin underscores my point. It's actually more than you've done to address the substance of my arguments, though, so it doesn't surprise me.

Where do you see racism and sexism in the game, on the forum, or in the official P&W discord server?

I can't read/monitor everything, we rely on reports from players. If you have instances of this that you know about that I'm not aware of, I would really encourage you to report it so that people can be warned appropriately (and removed if necessary.)

But so far through this whole ordeal, no one has shown me any specific reports and have just made these general claims that I can't work with. I can't ban/punish people because someone accuses them of being racist or sexist.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Just now, Alex said:

Where do you see racism and sexism in the game, on the forum, or in the official P&W discord server?

I can't read/monitor everything, we rely on reports from players. If you have instances of this that you know about that I'm not aware of, I would really encourage you to report it so that people can be warned appropriately (and removed if necessary.)

But so far through this whole ordeal, no one has shown me any specific reports and have just made these general claims that I can't work with. I can't ban/punish people because someone accuses them of being racist or sexist.

It's in the.... other..... thread.....?

The crux of the point I am making is that the guy had a racist name on your forum, your mods punished him, and then he just did the same crap in game. You want to ignore literally everything about discord: I don't agree that it's not useful context, but I understand the utility of drawing a line: fine.

But you can't say "well, this has worked", because it didn't. You changed his name on the forum, so he upped the ante. A nation strike for threatening to lynch someone.... you can't possibly actually think that is appropriate. Why do you want this person in your community instead of the person he attacked? This is why Kosmo is upset, and I don't blame him.

~ William S. Burroughs

• Administrators
Just now, Spaceman Thrax said:

It's in the.... other..... thread.....?

The crux of the point I am making is that the guy had a racist name on your forum, your mods punished him, and then he just did the same crap in game. You want to ignore literally everything about discord: I don't agree that it's not useful context, but I understand the utility of drawing a line: fine.

But you can't say "well, this has worked", because it didn't. You changed his name on the forum, so he upped the ante. A nation strike for threatening to lynch someone.... you can't possibly actually think that is appropriate. Why do you want this person in your community instead of the person he attacked? This is why Kosmo is upset, and I don't blame him.

If you read the other thread it's very obvious where the single player reported was issued a nation strike, and they have not broken the rules again since. That is the exact enforcement outlined in the rules, and the desired outcome. I don't think a single instance of poor behavior (that was punished) is grounds to call the entire game full of racism and sexism.

Forum moderation and in-game moderation are entirely separate, and that has been the policy since the game's inception 6 years ago. The reason for this has been explained, over and over again. This policy protects players from overzealous moderators (imagine getting banned in-game because of a forum post a mod didn't like) and people impersonating you to get you banned in-game.

You can use the "block communications" functionality in-game, or similar functionality on the forum or Discord.

And lastly I agree that this user's behavior was not appropriate, but they were punished, and as far as I know they have not violated the Game (or forum) rules since.

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

In the end, unless you have new information to report, this is handled. Crying loudly is not going to make my change my mind, and that would set a horrible precedent that you could get someone banned simply by complaining enough about them.

If you don't like the user, block them. If they violate the rules again, you should report it and they will be banned. But I have made my decision and I am now locking this thread because this is going nowhere productive.

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked this topic