A super important suggestion

kosmokenny

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, kosmokenny said:

She messaged you on July 2nd.  

Where?

I do get like 10 in-game messages per day, like 20 Discord DMs, and varying amounts of forum PMs. I may have missed a message, but you'll need to be more specific.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked this topic
  • Administrators

Moving to Moderation Support forum, because this is not a suggestion

I just found the DM on Discord. I tried to respond at the time but couldn't for the same reason I can't now; she's not in the P&W discord server so I can't message her back. Discord doesn't allow it.

image.png

It's not really my fault for not replying if someone sends me a message I literally can't respond to, is it?

• Upvote 5

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex unlocked this topic
  • Administrators

My response to her would be the same response that was given in this thread: 

We moderate the game, forum, and Discord separately. We do not warn people in-game for things that happen on the forum/discord because there's no way to verify that they are the same person.

E.g. If someone wanted they could make a fake kosmokenny Discord account, say all sorts of racist things, and get banned. If we enforced that in-game, you'd get banned for no apparent reason (which would not be fair) and people would intentionally start doing this to each other to use moderation as a weapon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Forums Rules | Game Link

Except that response was totally unacceptable, and counts as you trying to ignore the problem, and Im not gonna let you do that.  You claim your strike worked because it hasnt happened again since.  That is 100% bullshit reasoning, because they have done that before, and been given a warning for that before, and they did it again.  And still you float out this bullshit response of claiming Im asking you to moderate things not happening on your site in response to something that did.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

I'm not in your server, @Alex, because you don't do anything to reprimand players who find me there to harass me and give me a hard time. You make excuses for them so they can do it once, twice...It's the only way I can protect myself since you seem unable to do so.

You can message me on the forums private messaging, if you'd like to respond after a week and half after my question. Thanks.

Edited by Queenzo eMzo
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, kosmokenny said:

There he goes, trying to ignore the problem again.

Well, you're a hot-head, arent ya? If Discord, forum and game are separate then what do you expect would happen? I came up with a fine solution that will satisfy both parties, oh boy, is that a good idea! You block the guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

giphy.gif

• Administrators
21 hours ago, kosmokenny said:

Oh and your strike didnt even work this time because he did more shit afterwards to get kicked from KKKT.  Thats some fine police work there, Lou.

If you have another specific instance of rules violations that you'd like to report, I'd be happy to handle that. But this isn't specific enough for me to do anything, and I'm not even sure anything rule-breaking happened in-game.

I'm not the police. It's my job to enforce the Game Rules, which I do. If you (or Queen M) are being harassed/threatened outside of the game (through Discord, for example) you should report it to Discord's team and to the actual police if you feel that threatened. You also have the ability to block communications on all platforms with people you don't wish to interact with.

Queen M's message to me was about the war declaration reason which was reported & the user was warned for; about a separate (but related) instance with a different inappropriate war declaration reason to another player (both of these events happened at about the same time, and no further rules violations have been committed by this player to my knowledge since) and lastly about his name being changed (likely by me) which is standard procedure when someone has an inappropriate or rule-breaking name (they're either asked to change it, or I'll simply use something like a MyLittlePony name generator to pick them a new name.)

The last argument is that I should punish this player because they were kicked out of Knights Templar. That's silly because I don't know why they were kicked out, and I don't enforce the rules based on who KT allows in or out of their alliance.

Loudly clamoring over a rules violation that has been handled (and apparently effectively because I haven't had any reports of rules violations since) isn't going to get me to ban someone. Can you imagine how arbitrary the moderation would be if I just banned players because a few other players asked repeatedly for me to do it?

If you want me to take action, I need specific reports of rules violations that happen within the jurisdiction of my moderation (in-game, forum, or in the official P&W Discord server.)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

You got a specific report of a rules violation that had happened in game, done by the same people who had done it to her before, and your feckless version of taking responsibility for this community you created caused her to delete from the game, costing me a member because the ONLY fricking WAY SHE COULD GET THIS SHIT TO STOP WAS TO DELETE BECAUSE YOU ARE A USELESS TOOL.  You constantly look for ways out of doing anything, constantly deliberately twist my statements out of context to justify you not doing anything (I refuse to believe UMN would admit someone stupid enough to not comprehend so much of what I say, you have to be doing that deliberately), and when hell freezes over and you are finally forced to take some form of action against someone in the racist cesspool youve sheltered for years, you do the absolute bare minimum that can be done.  What the frick do I have to do to get you to care about racist and sexist trolls chasing people out of your community, recruit 3000 black women so they outnumber the fascist trash and you have to care more about them than you do the trash?

• Downvote 9

@TheNG called me a mean name on snapchat, I demand that he is immediately banned from the game. If you need proof I can photoshop  send you some 100% legitimate photos that you have no way to verify but you should blindly accept as fact regardless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I believe what he’s saying is that Alex is taking each individual offense on its own merit. He can’t take in “discord evidence” as proof of harassment in-game, because it’s a slippery slope. Discord is not his domain, and he can’t verify the culprit via discord. However, there is an avenue of holding people accountable for asshatery on discord by contacting discord directly or going to the authorities.

I wish people would stop harassing others OOC. It’s sad that there are so many jerks in this world.

edit: grammatical errors

Edited by Kevanovia
  • Upvote 1

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

Yes, that is what he is saying.  That is what he constantly says.  He says that to in game reports.  He says that to forum reports.  He says that every time he doesnt want to punish the person doing it.  He says that because 90% of the time its discord harassment, and 10% of the time its in game harassment, and he doesnt want to take appropriate action on the in game harassment and recognize that the 10% of in game harassment has been repeatedly done by the same group of people.  He is full of shit.  He has fostered this toxic racism and sexism to the point that she had no choice but to delete because even when it happened in game, Alex would not appropriately address it to make it stop.

2 hours ago, Kevanovia said:

I believe what he’s saying is that Alex is taking each individual offense on its own merit. He can’t take in “discord evidence” as proof of harassment in-game, because it’s a slippery slope. Discord is not his domain, and he can’t verify the culprit via discord. However, there is an avenue of holding people accountable for asshatery on discord by contact discord directly or going to the authorities.

I wish people stop harassing others OOC. It’s sad that there are so many jerks in this world.

You did not read the other thread, I am assuming? Multiple problems with the same guy, across the forums, and the actual game. That has nothing to do with discord; there's enough without any of that. That's why Kosmo is pissed off: Alex is saying "if you bring evidence I will handle it" but every other time people have, he did not take enough action to prevent it from happening again. And it has literally led to a player quitting the game because they no longer want to be the target of racial attacks, which I shouldn't need to tell you, or anyone, is messed up.

Edit: I'm replying to you because I know you're actually someone who does care. I've given up on Alex. His statement only makes sense if you divorce it from the actual context of what happened, here.

Edited by Spaceman Thrax

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

Im pretty sure the reason Alex constantly repeats himself with the irrelevant statement of "We do not moderate what happens away from the game" is because hes telling these racist !@#$ that he supports what they do, just dont do it where anyone can make him do something about it.

• Downvote 6

33 minutes ago, kosmokenny said:

Im pretty sure the reason Alex constantly repeats himself with the irrelevant statement of "We do not moderate what happens away from the game" is because hes telling these racist !@#$ that he supports what they do, just dont do it where anyone can make him do something about it.

Ahah! I got it. You're just trolling us.

giphy.gif

Ohhh so the best way to motivate someone to do something for me is to yell and act like a complete shit stain. 

Thanks Kosmo, gonna go try this on my mom. 

• Haha 4

• Alex locked this topic