How long will this war go on for?

Kastor

4 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Just ask IQ 2.0 what the terms will be.  They apparently already know despite the fact that it hasn’t even been discussed yet.  At least from us.

900bil of reps
:p total deletion of enemy combatants
100,000 upvotes
A retraction of DoW's to make this a truly silent war
Sheepy surrenders Admin
All nations join Rose and we rename it Bk [+Gotta steal all those treasures again]

<> We rename the blob to the Macro Sphere. ?

10 hours ago, Ryan1 said:

Out of 5 options, the majority of my readers chose that the war will end within a timespan of 6 weeks-2 months (from a week ago.)

The fact that they are reading your work makes their thoughts on it invalid.

7 hours ago, Justin076 said:

Well IQ kinda set a precedent last global war that these things are supposed to go on for a meaningless long ass time. Unless Leo's head explodes due to his exponentially growing ego, I expect a minimum 4 month war. 

Honestly, if this shit is still going on in August Im peacing. 

Bye Felecia 

6 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

If either side ends up with harsh and punitive terms; would sadden me to see such precedent going forward & I even applied to join to CoS before Fark when BK was still uninvolved.

Precedent has been set for years. Winning a defensive war entitles you to harsher terms then winning an offensive war, its why Knightfall was light on terms and nothing material was targeted.

6 hours ago, Mad Max said:

The best thing this war can accomplish is where both sides agree to peace without retarded terms.

However, we know that won't happen because there are retards on both sides who will want retarded terms (butter knives).

A man can dream tho.

Don't lie you love that butter knife.

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Honestly though I'm not sure punitive terms are the norm. IQ side lost in ToT and none of us received any punitive terms. Some of the knightfall terms might be described as such, but I don't consider those particularly punitive either, on the whole. Even if one wanted punitive terms, there remains the calculus of if it is worth paying the price to get them, and if you can even afford to pay that price yourself in member apathy if the enemy chooses to just drag things on forever. There have been reps and harsher terms in the past (I think BKs reps against Rose might be the largest?), but even before that there were some examples of people avoiding them, albeit at the cost of prolonged damage/income loss in the interim.

It's all about degree of loss. ToT was fairly close, hence nothing past a half-assed admission of defeat. Silent was much more complete victory and the terms reflected that. Also guardian has the most punitive terms ever demanding 1 billion from Rose. BK got like 300 mil from UPN and NPO.

Edited by Aragorn, son of Arathorn
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Advanced issues found

1 minute ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

Don't lie you love that butter knife.

I threw it out when I moved.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

We are taking this to punitive levels never before seen: Leo and Roq are going to have to be my friends IRL.

Honestly though I'm not sure punitive terms are the norm. IQ side lost in ToT and none of us received any punitive terms. Some of the knightfall terms might be described as such, but I don't consider those particularly punitive either, on the whole. Even if one wanted punitive terms, there remains the calculus of if it is worth paying the price to get them, and if you can even afford to pay that price yourself in member apathy if the enemy chooses to just drag things on forever. There have been reps and harsher terms in the past (I think BKs reps against Rose might be the largest?), but even before that there were some examples of people avoiding them, albeit at the cost of prolonged damage/income loss in the interim.

Well, hopefully you're right; I don't ever want stupid toxic terms to happen.

• Downvote 1

I see BK & NPO with the top 2 slots despite all the alliances they're up against, with neither of them having a lot of bloat infra. So personally I have a hard time seeing the other side pull off a victory, even if they can maintain the upper tier advantage for whatever that is worth. So will be interesting to see how it goes from here.

• Downvote 3

I think the Hippo not being able to post on the forum until the end of the year would be an amusing term with his forum reputation obsession. Although I'd rather stuff like that than see large reps paid; which isn't something I've seen asked in global wars since tuning in.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum
  • Downvote 1

Although I don't think its impossible for the other side to win either, which is part of why it will drag on so long. Part of the reason NPO & BK have the top 2 spots is I think the other side wants to eliminate their allies from the fight; then focus mostly on those 2 when isolated.

So will be interesting to see which side can pull off a win in the end here.

19 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Although I don't think its impossible for the other side to win either, which is part of why it will drag on so long. Part of the reason NPO & BK have the top 2 spots is I think the other side wants to eliminate their allies from the fight; then focus mostly on those 2 when isolated.

So will be interesting to see which side can pull off a win in the end here.

You really need to stop thinking people have plans, we go yeeeeee pew pew pew

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/11/2019 at 4:42 AM, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

I see BK & NPO with the top 2 slots despite all the alliances they're up against, with neither of them having a lot of bloat infra. So personally I have a hard time seeing the other side pull off a victory, even if they can maintain the upper tier advantage for whatever that is worth. So will be interesting to see how it goes from here.

You really don’t know how wars work, do you?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Curufinwe
7 hours ago, Toph said:

You really don’t know how wars work, do you?

Founded:    03/19/2019 (116 Days Old)

Image result for tell me more meme

4 hours ago, Curufinwe said:

Founded:    03/19/2019 (116 Days Old)

Image result for tell me more meme

Ahh the classic attempt to discredit someone because of their current nation age.

So you agree with Noctis? You’re winning if you’re in the top 2 spots?

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Toph said:

Ahh the classic attempt to discredit someone because of their current nation age.

The implication therein is that you are familiar with both war mechanics and how wars develop in globals. Given your nation age, it's quite reasonable to assume that you are not. But you're a reroll, so that argument is invalid regardless. Having said that, I don't agree with what Noctis stated; score is far from a perfect metric for military capability, and in general will favour mass-member alliances, and thus not be reflective of one's current military power. (You can however, say that despite the war [x alliances] managed to retain their ranks - given that the vast majority of infra bloat is gone, one must assume that the left-behind NS is far more representative of military units available.Even then, I would argue that due to the nature of mass-member alliances, score is diluted further - and military power is too -; it's a stupid argument to try and make. Further, winning somehow being a product of merely the quantity of military units in one side is a laughable concept too.)

Anyway, welcome back. Hope you're having fun with the game. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Toph said:

Score is just one measurement of many, so that is just one way of looking at it. I never said it means they’re winning, just it looks like it will be hard for the other side to win with them being able to hold them.

I think there is a lot which goes into war, but I think willingness to keep fighting and having the resources to keep fighting matters a lot more than score. Those things probably vary across the other side, but I think some on your side could probably keep the fight going as long as they want as well. So wasn’t discounting your side having a chance or saying they’ve already won.

I think both sides have their work cut out for them getting a victory. I do think if they lose they’ll probably fall out of the top 2 slots first though, so they’re putting up a pretty good fight at least it looks like.

• Downvote 3

22 hours ago, Dio Brando said:

The implication therein is that you are familiar with both war mechanics and how wars develop in globals. Given your nation age, it's quite reasonable to assume that you are not. But you're a reroll, so that argument is invalid regardless. Having said that, I don't agree with what Noctis stated; score is far from a perfect metric for military capability, and in general will favour mass-member alliances, and thus not be reflective of one's current military power. (You can however, say that despite the war [x alliances] managed to retain their ranks - given that the vast majority of infra bloat is gone, one must assume that the left-behind NS is far more representative of military units available.Even then, I would argue that due to the nature of mass-member alliances, score is diluted further - and military power is too -; it's a stupid argument to try and make. Further, winning somehow being a product of merely the quantity of military units in one side is a laughable concept too.)

Anyway, welcome back. Hope you're having fun with the game. 

Thanks for the welcome back, Dio.

One could say, everything changed when the Pacifica nation(s) attacked. NPO/BK certainly have a lot of planes at their disposal, though the issue being that due to initial infra damage to BK and tight tiering in NPO, most of them are not being used. You can see this on both sides, lots of people sitting and waiting.  I think this war will go on for a bit because much of the actual hard fighting is still stuck in the ~2000ns range. Beyond that there are certainly avenues for both sides to continue doing damage. As for my tiny nation, there are still fights to fight, but the lower tier doesn't have the advantage of the NPO meat-grinder and thus is at a disadvantage. So it'll be interesting to see where it goes from here. All in all, it's been a lot of fun, I've gotten some sweet Avatar-related war decs and I appreciate the good spirited fighting going on and the go-down-swinging attitude of a lot of folks on your side (in my tier). I personally urge either side to keep things civil and stay away from super-punitive terms. I wouldn't say NPO or BK have the FA capital to claim punitive terms after all the drama surrounding the leaks and later involvement of NPO. As for my side, well we like a fight and punitive terms would be against our good-spirited attitude towards war. I've been loving the drama, I hope that most people do as well.

And Noctis, while others may not appreciate your activity, I do. It may not make you popular and you may say some things that are, well, unique. But I certainly denounce anyone that's slung toxic attacks on your character while you're simply trying to play this game and communicate with others. Knowing some of the dudes in Fark, I know you're in good hands.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Toph said:

One could say, everything changed when the Pacifica nation(s) attacked.

You somehow found a way to fit in an Avatar reference. Love it! ❤️ 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Micchan said:

Why are you talking about reps and terms in a war that both sides can fight for years without changing the status quo and therefore will end with white peace?

Why? 'Cuz frick em, That's Why.
hqdefault.jpg

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

• Alex locked this topic