How long will this war go on for?

Kastor

On 8/25/2019 at 10:06 PM, Sir Scarfalot said:

Quite the shift in rhetoric there :P

Jesus Christ, i enjoy how you think you know anything about what we want. BK never advocated for reps and in fact we decided very early in the war we were not going to. Punitive measures has not even been considered by BK and nor will it. However good try 

0b3897cd640f95254329f7a2d45d8c77b1c120e.

7 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Huh, I wonder what that makes you considering...

I knew someone would snag a quote on that. 

Assumin, assumin, assumin....

18 hours ago, Ripper said:

So, when Roq sees this...

... answers this:

But, when Roq sees this:

unknown.png

or this...

It doesn't need a tie to be coordinated and consolidated. We could have no treaties and have the most consolidated and coordinated coalition ever.

unknown.png

answers this:

and states that he is here to "bring the balance to the war"...

I don't really want to bother with the nested quotes, but you're highlighting the TCW part. The entire point is there continued to be affiliation as long as TCW followed course and that's what leaked from internal TKR posts "as long as our values" aligned. TCW was the only paper tie between Guardian and TKR and they had had no paper tie until it was signed last minute before Knightfal and Guardian and GOB were still considered aligned with TKR until that point. See my point?  Are we going to pretend that Guardian and GOB joining KTsphere didn't benefit TKR? Are we going to pretend Radoje wasn't appointed as FA temporarily to repair relations with alliances he had friendly relations with(TGH)?  

I don't really know why you keep bringing up Surf's Up which had no political animosity and TKR was happy somehow with a new paradigm for wars. I don't really care if you personally were embittered or some CoS members happened to be. It had no material impact and it's all hunky-dory in terms of cooperation and the main connector is able to sell it as uniting against a common threat. 

... while Thanos follows-up with this:

Well, I know hamsters love spinning wheels and all, but that's a bit of a strech, I think.

I thought since you ate one, you might know guinea pigs don't spin on wheels. 

It perpetuates a ruling class if the coalitions are based on who has the longest standing interpersonal working relationships and in your coalition's case, they go back years in many cases and people will work with the devil they know rather than the devil they don't know if there's a history of disagreement. The enemy of my enemy is friend and so on and that will be the case if the enemies have familiarity or past positive relationships.

But of course we're living in fantasy land where everyone is circlejerking and pretending lying consists of not repeating the obvious until it becomes clear people buried their heads in the sand or are intentionally denying reality. Apparently having reservations about alliances and issues with alliances stated for months and people not paying attention to details is lying by omission now.

Everyone's living in some sort fantasyland where they can pretend stuff like  "Surf's Up" was a serious and politically charged war war by design and that they didn't have higher priorities in terms of targets.

This is the most balanced outcome imaginable.  The "bad guys" start out winning and people initially stumble and then the situation improves and the "good guys" start doing better but it comes at a great cost to all involved rather than being a mere curbstomp of one side. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 5

13 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

Everyone's living in some sort fantasyland where they can pretend stuff like  "Surf's Up" was a serious and politically charged war war by design and that they didn't have higher priorities in terms of targets.

39c915.jpg

Also: if it was a fake war, why did you call it a war war? Isn't that twice as war?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

25 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

39c915.jpg

Also: if it was a fake war, why did you call it a war war? Isn't that twice as war?

I didn't say it was fake mechanically. I said it was a war without animosity motivating it. That is why the motives of it have always been questioned in terms of the greater political intentions. I also didn't meant to repeat war in that sentence, but going to roll with it as meaning  increased enthusiasm.

Had TKR not repaired relations with KT/TGH and KT had cited that war as the reason then it would be different.

Oh I guess for context: the everyone isn't meant to mean actually everyone literally but rather everyone on your side who happen to be posting on this topic. I don't think literally everyone thinks your motives are pure outside of Coalition A and  severely misguided people in a few alliances.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

@Ripper you are missing the point. Your first example revolves around NPO and BK. Hence by definition it can not be called the Hegemony. It's the brave and beautiful righteousness coalition who's an underdog. In the second example, there's TKR, hence it has to be evil plotting backstabbing mega coalition. Did you not get NPO's memo on PnW treatyweb 2.0?

Edited by alyster

In that joke post, there's some truth but  sayI didn't the coalition involved backstabbing.

Here are the premises:

1. TKR and KT/TGH have had a common enemy since the last war.  TKR set out to improve relations in order to unite against it by appointing a friendly face to those alliances to reestablish rapport with them.

Potential motive: TKR sees one group as responsible for terms they see as overly punitive and the war. 

Motive for KT/TGH: history of long-standing dislike of certain alliances, hating treaty web aesthetics, and suspicion of them rolling them. 

2. TKR received outreach from alliances that always had a positive view of TKR but didn't like the upper tier bloc being fully consolidated on paper or thought certain alliances were pixel huggers. Those alliances also harbored dislike and distrust of TKR's primary enemies.

3. KT/TGH have a network of old ties in some alliances they have had past affliations with where they can call upon assistance and have a special relationship with arrgh. Two alliances of old players join KT/TGH who have had strong relationships with TKR.

----

Conclusion: 4. Even if there are individual moral qualms, the greater purpose of beating their common enemy will take precedent and they will team up against the relatively alien elements as a cohesive whole. This means it will be an integrated coalition.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Like 1

How dare them. That evil TKR talking to other alliances after a war where they got rolled by most of the server. I assume NPO keeps track of alliance who talk to TKR and counts that as paperless tie? 

Anyone wishing to join TKR Discord server must get a written approval from NPO. @Dio Brando you've done fricked up now. Roq will whip you.

Edited by alyster
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, alyster said:

Anyone wishing to join TKR Discord server must get a written approval from NPO. @Dio Brando you've done fricked up now. Roq will whip you.

Jokes on you, I filed all the appropriate forms and waited three business days before joining. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Keep it up, Roq! Almost there!

giphy.gif?cid=790b761179c4dda60def9cdbdc

Term idea: Ripper must make a comic detailing the differences between guinea pigs and hamsters.

2 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Is Roq still going on about how Surf's Up was a fake war?

Holy shit.

I said it was not politically motivated.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

Term idea: Ripper must make a comic detailing the differences between guinea pigs and hamsters.

I said it was not politically motivated.

I stole Helen of Sparta from King @Keegoz court so they gathered their forces, sailed across the treaty web and landed on our beaches, determined to return the stolen queen to her king.

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

2 hours ago, Roquentin said:

This is something we can come together on.

Ripper’s comics will bring peace and harmony to the lands of Orbis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

2 hours ago, Kevanovia said:

This is something we can come together on.

Ripper’s comics will bring peace and harmony to the lands of Orbis.

Maybe just a Ripper Comic posted to bring about peace, but I want to see an update on the plot with those PnW Ball Characters. TEst died last episode, however what better way to end it on a positive note than a comic. ?

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • Alex locked this topic