How long will this war go on for?

Kastor

2 hours ago, Limbuwan said:

@Roquentin honestly, I don’t know why’re you even trying. If i were you i’d have told 

“Eat shit. We hit whoever we want to and do whatever we want to. Frick you with your morality, responsibility or whatever PR thing. We’ll play how we feel like it. If you want to fight then come get me next war or other.”

I quoted the above text from some one else who said s/he would have said that instead of those long back and forth essay.

Remember soup action against Fark/wtf. I believe the whole war purpose was to send a message that a valid CB is not required. You can apply the same thing here. Also Oblivion vs Alpha.

Most of the KERTOG coalition wanted war and they got one(not what they expected it to be but regardless still a WAR).

you trying to validate ur CB and actions is making this war and community more toxic. While ur CB maybe true and legit but it matters not. They won’t take it and as u said the logs has been revealed to concerned parties of ur choice.

No. No it does not. All wars being the same bland "lol we wanted war" is what makes the community and war more toxic. Because in every instance of war where there is nothing to talk about or argue over, the dialogue on the forums degrades to a combination of stats-related chest thumping, and manufactured semi-OOC drama and/or dumb bullshit that has nothing to do with the game. Why? Because people in these games want drama and entertainment, and they want to be a part of it. When you omit politics from the forums, they'll go looking for their own shit, and it's usually far less polished shit than what you'd have had otherwise.

Let roq justify himself. Take down his justification. Go justify your own actions. Find in-game reasons to frick someone up. Do something.

Stop being boring.

Edited by Prefonteen
  • Upvote 4

os9LcJK.gif

Just now, Prefonteen said:

No. No it does not. All wars being the same bland "lol we wanted war" is what makes the community and war more toxic. Because in every instance of war where there is nothing to talk about or argue over, the dialogue on the forums degrades to a combination of stats-related chest thumping, and manufactured semi-OOC drama and/or dumb bullshit that has nothing to do with the game. Why? Because people in these games wat drama and entertainment, and they want to be a part of it. When you omit politics from the forums, they'll go looking for their own shit, and it's usually far less polished shit than what you'd have had otherwise.

Stop being boring.

I think Roq already explained it by now, but agree reasons should be given.

3 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

*Chuckles*

heh! well i enjoy reading though comments in forums. I'm shy type and so i don't really argue with anyone. The recent talks is all repetition and i want new topics to giggle with. Him saying everyone frick you would make a new environment where i can read and laugh in my home sweet home.
Thank you : )

6 minutes ago, Limbuwan said:

heh! well i enjoy reading though comments in forums. I'm shy type and so i don't really argue with anyone. The recent talks is all repetition and i want new topics to giggle with. Him saying everyone frick you would make a new environment where i can read and laugh in my home sweet home.
Thank you : )

Ahh you selfish bastard! This wasn't about the good of the community! It was about you all along!

tenor.gif?itemid=9973758

os9LcJK.gif

3 hours ago, Roquentin said:

Um, it would imply I had done it in the past.  Literally white knighting when the specifics of the incident have been made clear and also given you were pushing the limits with keeping your slots filled too, I don't think you have a leg to stand on. You totally don't have an agenda here.  Going around implies plural and you're deliberately twisting, so I thikn you're a much better fit.

Oh frick off, lol.

You can easily see my battle history and check that I'm actively fighting.  You're pathetic.

You got blasted on showing that you are threatening players with reports, now you're trying to paint this picture that you don't do it (When there's literally a screenshot of you doing exactly what you claim you don't do).

I have an agenda?  Not once have I ever threatened another player with a moderation report like you've done.  Ever.

I can count on one hand how many times I've reported a player (Or rather multis) over the course of playing this game since 2015.

8 hours ago, Frawley said:

This argument is ridiculous, either;

TFP was purchasing a treasure, which:

• Denied coalition B slots;
  • Gave comfort and aid (purchase price) to the KERCHTOG coalition; and
  • Denied coalition B the chance of gaining a treasure. 

OR, TFP was doing something random during the war, whilst being allied to the KERCHTOG coalition that had the effect of the above.

• Also known as slot filling. 

If the first is true, our CB is rock solid, aiding and abetting the enemy. If the second is true, getting clarification from the affected party and attempting to negotiate a solution (ending wars) that made either scenario redundant is the standard procedure. TFP are here because they made the decison to be here.

Or rather, none of the above.  You see, the rules don't take into consideration of major warfare, just individual battles.  Those slots aren't owned by Coalition B, or rather, anyone really.  You don't lay claim to them.

That particular player you "threatened" to report, then later reported after they didn't care for your bully tactic, didn't necessarily do anything wrong.  He actively fought.  He did damage.  He actively worked on achieving his goal of winning the battle (After all, he had to).

Now you could've argued that the player he hit wasn't fighting back, etc, but that'd just be you and your crew being a bunch of dicks.  Wait, you already are.

I don't care about the TFP being hit (And I clarified my stance on this the last time we spoke of this issue), my issue is you guys attempting to threaten/bully over a moderation report.  That's fricking low.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Oh frick off, lol.

You can easily see my battle history and check that I'm actively fighting.  You're pathetic.

You got blasted on showing that you are threatening players with reports, now you're trying to paint this picture that you don't do it (When there's literally a screenshot of you doing exactly what you claim you don't do).

I have an agenda?  Not once have I ever threatened another player with a moderation report like you've done.  Ever.

I can count on one hand how many times I've reported a player (Or rather multis) over the course of playing this game since 2015.

No.  You are *now*, but you have had wars cancelled before and I know it for it a fact.

I frankly give zero shits what you think about it. Get Alex to say it's illegal to say you're going to report someone. You're the making it out to be a common occurrence and that I extract concessions  from people to avoid reporting them regularly. I do report suspected violations but the only time i ever did it ahead of time was when it was a particularly malicious case. I have zero interest in slofilling impacting stuff before it's addressed. It's constantly happened in this game and it reporting in a timely fashion essential. 

I want you to point to another instance of me doing it.

You have an agenda to shit on me at all costs and blow it out of proportion. I don't care if you've ever done it or not. You're the one making it into the crime of the century and you can can the sanctimonious BS. Like I'm just going to treat you like you treat me and you can go eat shit.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Just now, Roquentin said:

No.  You are *now*, but you have had wars cancelled before and I know it for it a fact.

Cancelled?  You know it for a "fact"?  Do tell.

1 minute ago, Roquentin said:

I frankly give zero shits what you think about it. Get Alex to say it's illegal to say you're going to report someone. You're the making it out to be a common occurrence and that I extract concessions  from people to avoid reporting them regularly. I do report suspected violations but the only time i ever did it ahead of time was when it was a particularly malicious case. I have zero interest in slofilling impacting stuff before it's addressed. It's constantly happened in this game and it reporting in a timely fashion essential. 

I want you to point to another instance of me doing it.

You have an agenda to shit on me at all costs and blow it out of proportion. I don't care if you've ever done it or not. You're the one making it into the crime of the century and you can the sanctimonious. Like I'm just going to treat you like you treat me and you can go eat shit.

I have an agenda to blow it out of proportion?  There's evidence of you doing it posted on the boards.  Are you seriously still trying to argue out of it?

Yeah, it's fricking low of you to do that.  If you had such an issue with it, just report it.  Don't go "Hey fight this battle in the way I want you to, or I'll report you".  Again, you're fricking pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

You left several wars dangling with no intention to attack or peace and did offensives during that time. They had to be automatically truced.

1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

I have an agenda to blow it out of proportion?  There's evidence of you doing it posted on the boards.  Are you seriously still trying to argue out of it?

Yeah, it's fricking low of you to do that.  If you had such an issue with it, just report it.  Don't go "Hey fight this battle in the way I want you to, or I'll report you".  Again, you're fricking pathetic.

I want to know when it has ever happened aside from the instance you are highlighting.  How am I arguing out of it? You're the one making it into the crime of century and you can go screw off with this preachy shit. I gave the specifics of the case and there's no rule against it. Do you see a denial anywhere?

No. If someone is slotfilling, then that's not telling them how to fight a battle. Like I said your opinion of whether it's pathetic or not changes nothing.  It's pathetic you feel the need to try to make it into the biggest thing ever so you can get some extra shots on me. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

You left several wars dangling with no intention to attack or peace and did offensives during that time. They had to be automatically truced.

The hell are you talking about?  Are you talking about defensive wars that I had no chance to turn over?  And you're upset that I was able to find offensive wars that I could fight?

Are you stupid?  I'm being legit with you on that question.

(Are you going to report your own coalition for filling my defensive slots that I hadn't fought back in like you did that TFP guy?)

18 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

I want to know when it has ever happened aside from the instance you are highlighting.  How am I arguing out of it? You're the one making it into the crime of century and you can go screw off with this preachy shit. I gave the specifics of the case and there's no rule against it. Do you see a denial anywhere?

No. If someone is slotfilling, then that's not telling them how to fight a battle. Like I said your opinion of whether it's pathetic or not changes nothing.  It's pathetic you feel the need to try to make it into the biggest thing ever so you can get some extra shots on me. 

https://ibb.co/album/mxqETv

I want you to read your reply here, then go and read this screenshot you posted.  Then go back a few replies and read what you said that started this.  Read your own words.

I'll help you out on some key points.

>I don't threaten to report

>If your guy doesn't air, I'll report for slot filling

>If someone is slot filling, that's not telling them how to fight a battle

>I, Roq the Overmind Hamster, am literally telling someone how to fight a battle or they're slot filling

>But I don't threaten to report

>I reported the guy

Do you go and report every Arrgh nation in the game during a major war?

Edited by Buorhann
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just because there is a global war happening doesn't mean two individual nations cannot have a seperate war, they can also choose to fight the war however they wish.The fact TFP choose not to use air is smart, it's takes longer to beige via air and as we know the goal of the war was to win the treasure why should he drag out the war longer than needed just because you believe wars are fought with a single unit type? To threaten Mod reports over not choosing your war strategy is just plain stupidity. If someone not involved in the war attacks someone taking part in the war they can defend themselves however they wish. 

It's not called Politics and Air strikes....

Edited by Blink

12 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

The hell are you talking about?  Are you talking about defensive wars that I had no chance to turn over?  And you're upset that I was able to find offensive wars that I could fight?

Are you stupid?  I'm being legit with you on that question.

No, you disingenuous jerk. 

You peaced an alliance and you left truce offers dangling and declared offensives. 

Simple.

https://ibb.co/album/mxqETv

I want you to read your reply here, then go and read this screenshot you posted.  Then go back a few replies and read what you said that started this.  Read your own words.

I'll help you out on some key points.

>I don't threaten to report

>If your guy doesn't air, I'll report for slot filling

>If someone is slot filling, that's not telling them how to fight a battle

>I, Roq the Overmind Hamster, am literally telling someone how to fight a battle or they're slot filling

>But I don't threaten to report

>I reported the guy

I want exact quotes where I said it didn't happen that instance.

He attacked in a way that was seen as slofilling as he prevented another nation actually at war with the alliance from engaging properly and he was in a so-called neutral alliance as government that had peaced out. The message was sent to signal the suspicion of his intent to bungle the war for the other players and how he could alleviate that suspicion. Simple. It was unprecedented in how flagrant it was. Every other treasure deal did not involve hitting an actively engaged nation. This is where you're being  a moron.

12 minutes ago, Blink said:

Just because there is a global war happening doesn't mean two individual nations cannot have a seperate war, they can also choose to fight the war however they wish.The fact TFP choose not to use air is smart, it's takes longer to beige via air and as we know the goal of the war was to win the treasure why should he drag out the war longer than needed just because you believe wars are fought with a single unit type? To threaten Mod reports over not choosing your war strategy is just plain stupidity. If someone not involved in the war attacks someone taking part in the war they can defend themselves however they wish. 

It's not called Polictics and Air strikes....

Way to be obtuse.

So I'm guessing if I and some others  had started declaring BK nations when you started attacking them and only did ground attacks, you would have been totally cool with it? Good to know future reference. Like I don't get how you and Akuryo don't get the absurd conclusion of this logic. Like seriously, think critically. Your opinion is immaterial if you are going to be a moron about this.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

3 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

Way to be obtuse.

So I'm guessing if I and some others  had started declaring BK nations when you started attacking them and only did ground attacks, you would have been totally cool with it? Good to know future reference. Like I don't get how you and Akuryo don't get the absurd conclusion of this logic. Like seriously, think critically.

You don't hit BK we know that, seriously though I bet close to 99% of treasure transfers are done via naval attacks.

Just now, Blink said:

You don't hit BK we know that, seriously though I bet close to 99% of treasure transfers are done via naval attacks.

There are multiple ways for it to be transferred. Treasure transfers being consensual is dumb as a concept and addressing it was one of the solutions to this scenario, but that's not really the point. I could say I just wanted to hit them for the loot and that's totally legit as a war reason too as long as I was doing the ground battles it would be enough to count as fighting in a purely technical sense.

4 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

There are multiple ways for it to be transferred. Treasure transfers being consensual is dumb as a concept and addressing it was one of the solutions to this scenario, but that's not really the point. I could say I just wanted to hit them for the loot and that's totally legit as a war reason too as long as I was doing the ground battles it would be enough to count as fighting in a purely technical sense.

How do NPO conduct transfers then? Honestly I'm not trying to get into an argument with you but there are two opinions on every subject. If you wanted to declare and attack BK nations for loot it would not be against the game rules as they are written, as you are not allies and IQ doesn't exist any longer. The rules need a good re-write involving global wars and interference within that war. As for calling me a moron, that was just uncalled for and frankly childish. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Blink said:

How do NPO conduct transfers then? Honestly I'm not trying to get into an argument with you but there are two opinions on every subject. If you wanted to declare and attack BK nations for loot it would not be against the game rules as they are written, as you are not allies and IQ doesn't exist any longer. The rules need a good re-write involving global wars and interference within that war. As for calling me a moron, that was just uncalled for and frankly childish. 

In a peace time scenario it can go either way, the person who has the treasure declares on someone who is set to receive or the person who will hold it declares on them. In this scenario, there was a way to do it without filling the defensive slot and interfering too much with the other wars. 

It would be against the rules for the same reason because the intent would be examined via moderator discretion as the attacks preventing others declaring. My solution for Alex was to have an official state of war in-game like the treaties. I  haven't had time to give him a fully fleshed out proposal like he wanted but it would avoid this issue going forward.

You said it was plain stupidity so I took it as that and responded in kind. If you didn't intend to get personal, then I'm sorry, but if you read the rest of the last few pages, it's gotten personal and I took it as such.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 6

3 hours ago, Prefonteen said:

No. No it does not. All wars being the same bland "lol we wanted war" is what makes the community and war more toxic. Because in every instance of war where there is nothing to talk about or argue over, the dialogue on the forums degrades to a combination of stats-related chest thumping, and manufactured semi-OOC drama and/or dumb bullshit that has nothing to do with the game. Why? Because people in these games want drama and entertainment, and they want to be a part of it. When you omit politics from the forums, they'll go looking for their own shit, and it's usually far less polished shit than what you'd have had otherwise.

Let roq justify himself. Take down his justification. Go justify your own actions. Find in-game reasons to frick someone up. Do something.

Stop being boring.

CorruptOptimisticBuckeyebutterfly-size_r

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

1 hour ago, Roquentin said:

I said it didn't happen that instance.

2 hours ago, Roquentin said:

I extract concessions from people to avoid reporting them regularly.

Don't Mind me, I'm just doing a little...
giphy.gif

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

Guest PhantomThiefB
2 hours ago, Buorhann said:

While I won't comment on the current debate/discussion (I joined the game after said incident I think?) I would like to ask that you be more respectful and/or tactful. I don't believe insults are necessary. Your more than capable of debating a point without insulting other members in this game. ?

11 hours ago, Frawley said:

This argument is ridiculous, either;

TFP was purchasing a treasure, which:

• Denied coalition B slots;
  • Gave comfort and aid (purchase price) to the KERCHTOG coalition; and
  • Denied coalition B the chance of gaining a treasure. 

OR, TFP was doing something random during the war, whilst being allied to the KERCHTOG coalition that had the effect of the above.

• Also known as slot filling. 

If the first is true, our CB is rock solid, aiding and abetting the enemy. If the second is true, getting clarification from the affected party and attempting to negotiate a solution (ending wars) that made either scenario redundant is the standard procedure. TFP are here because they made the decison to be here.

If you're gonna push the first reason, I'm gonna bring up t$ again ;)

At any rate, why are we back to talking about TFP? Thought we'd already hashed that one out to death a month ago. Surely we can find something new to argue about.

BrOQBND.jpg

4 minutes ago, Nizam Adrienne said:

If you're gonna push the first reason, I'm gonna bring up t$ again ;)

At any rate, why are we back to talking about TFP? Thought we'd already hashed that one out to death a month ago. Surely we can find something new to argue about.

It's against the rules to bury a dead horse until after you've beaten it into a sticky, red paste. And even then, It's gotta air out for at least 3-4 years.
At least. That's what I've gathered from everything I've been reading on the forums.

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

@Roquentin Once again, obstructing your war effort is not slot filling. Get over your goddamn self. Units other than planes are a 100% acceptable to fight. Drop the tied to Rose thing, this is what, twice now Rose is at war and TFP chooses the opposite side? You really think that's a strong relationship?

Also, 1 nation =/= en entire alliance. Try again with these dumbass comparisons and make them actually equivalent. Even with that, no, doing as you described is not actually against the rules. Whether that would remain the case in the complaints to Alex following is another matter. Still not the same as the situation we're discussing.

@Alex I apologise for this shitshow but could you take a moment to clarify what slotfilling is for everyone. Is being uninvolved in a global war and buying a treasure from somebody who is in it, then using naval attacks to beige, slotfilling, because it obstructs their enemies attacks?

Furthermore should it be permissible for players to threaten another with reports to moderation for not complying with their wishes. ie: "you'll have to airstrike if you don't want to be slotfilling, which I'll report" <---- a paraphrase of what Roq did actually say to TFP.

Edited by Akuryo
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Pasky Darkfire said:

It's against the rules to bury a dead horse until after you've beaten it into a sticky, red paste. And even then, It's gotta air out for at least 3-4 years.
At least. That's what I've gathered from everything I've been reading on the forums.

3-4? No, no, that's old regulations. It's 5-8 now.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Roquentin said:

I frankly give zero shits what you think about it. ...

You have an agenda to shit on me at all costs and blow it out of proportion. I don't care if you've ever done it or not. You're the one making it into the crime of the century and you can can the sanctimonious BS. Like I'm just going to treat you like you treat me and you can go eat shit.

Uhhh.

I think you can do better than this, tonewise. It might be time for a break. The forums will still be dumb when you come back!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

12 hours ago, Roquentin said:

I doubt a broken record player left in the ocean for a decade could continue to play a song this salty for so long.

Edited by Charles the Tyrant
  • Haha 1

Untitled.png

• Alex locked this topic