How long will this war go on for?

Kastor

8 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

-Stuff-

Sphinx also said they where going to restore tCW military honor. But Ya know... I don't believe that entirely. XD. And again, You didn't say *Seriously* in your original post.

So maybe, you just need to *seriously* learn to how to be *seriously* more specific in your *Seriously* original positions before *Seriously* going on these tirades.

*Seriously*

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

1 minute ago, Pasky Darkfire said:

Sphinx also said they where going to restore tCW military honor. But Ya know... I don't believe that entirely. XD. And again, You didn't say *Seriously* in your original post.

So maybe, you just need to *seriously* learn to how to be *seriously* more specific in your *Seriously* original positions before *Seriously* going on these tirades.

*Seriously*

Oof. This is what a tirade is now? Neat. I really how hard you folks are trying to keep a semi-focused narrative on this war though ;) 

ChiefScalyGuineafowl-size_restricted.gif

Just now, Shadowthrone said:

Oof. This is what a tirade is now? Neat. I really how hard you folks are trying to keep a semi-focused narrative on this war though ;) 

I'm offended. I was never trying to keep any type of focused narrative of this war. I was just told to go out and hit people with a pointy stick. But go off sis.

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

31 minutes ago, Pasky Darkfire said:

*Seriously*

It was never "honour" (Its Queen's English as well btw ;,p), it was reputation and whilst we have a long way to go, considering we're competing with NPO and BK for top damage dealers in our coalition, it shows we've improved immensely since the disaster of Knightfall. 

1 minute ago, Sphinx said:

It was never "honour" (Its Queen's English as well btw ;,p), it was reputation and whilst we have a long way to go, considering we're competing with NPO and BK for top damage dealers in our coalition, it shows we've improved immensely since the disaster of Knightfall. 

giphy.gif

fricking Queen's English. Didn't fight a war t' speak Queen's English.

• Upvote 1

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

1 hour ago, Pasky Darkfire said:

I know I've seen Leo say it somewhere. 

No you haven’t cause I haven’t said it. All I’ve said is we’ll go till the other side breaks. If that’s perma war then that’s up to your side. 

11 minutes ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

No you haven’t cause I haven’t said it. All I’ve said is we’ll go till the other side breaks. If that’s perma war then that’s up to your side. 

I mean, and I know I'm just a lowly nobody at this point, but that sounds, to me, like a halfed-ass way of getting around just saying it. "We'll go until you break, hur hur, so the length is up to your side" knowing full well that some of the people on our side are hard headed enough to not break and saying something like that might actually steel them more against breaking, and some mental gymnastics or the variety of is needed here, of saying "Haha, We'll just perma war them because I know some of their leaders are too hardheaded to just give up and break, but we'll make it sound like it's there decision for PR/morale/whatever reasons."

It's a weird flex, but if that's the hill we all are gonna die on, then call me Harold Godwinson, the King.

Edited by Pasky Darkfire
Remembered Harold's last name.
  • Upvote 2

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

15 minutes ago, Pasky Darkfire said:

I mean, and I know I'm just a lowly nobody at this point, but that sounds, to me, like a halfed-ass way of getting around just saying it. "We'll go until you break, hur hur, so the length is up to your side" knowing full well that some of the people on our side are hard headed enough to not break and saying something like that might actually steel them more against breaking, and some mental gymnastics or the variety of is needed here, of saying "Haha, We'll just perma war them because I know some of their leaders are too hardheaded to just give up and break, but we'll make it sound like it's there decision for PR/morale/whatever reasons."

It's a weird flex, but if that's the hill we all are gonna die on, then call me Harold Godwinson, the King.

Apart from some groups only seeking an agreement for themselves and not the entirety of KERCHTOGG no one has approached us for peace so it seems your side is willing to fight even in a war that its clear the outcome has been decided judging by the attempts of whales to hide in the upper tier and allow others to take the punishment. Your side is more than welcome to hit up Roq, Thanos myself or another leader and have a chat you'll find we aren't looking to "salt the earth" Sketchy style. There is no reason for us to surrender or offer white peace in a defensive war (Only Chaos can claim it was a pre-empt), we'll continue until your side comes to us and offers us terms. Some in your side might be like us in which they are no stranger to long wars, but many aren't and they'll want out sooner rather than later, if some alliances refuse to see the writing on the wall and know when its time to call it quits then that's their fault not ours.

Edited by Sphinx

10 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

Apart from some groups only seeking an agreement for themselves and not the entirety of KERCHTOGG no one has approached us for peace so it seems your side is willing to fight even in a war that its clear the outcome has been decided judging by the attempts of whales to hide in the upper tier and allow others to take the punishment. Your side is more than welcome to hit up Roq, Thanos myself or another leader and have a chat you'll find we aren't looking to "salt the earth" Sketchy style. There is no reason for us to surrender or offer white peace in a defensive war (Only Chaos can claim it was a pre-empt), we'll continue until your side comes to us and offers us terms. Some in your side might be like us in which they are no stranger to long wars, but many aren't and they'll want out sooner rather than later, if some alliances refuse to see the writing on the wall and know when its time to call it quits then that's their fault not ours.

If by hide in the upper tier you mean sell 3.8 billion in infra and only buy planes to keep your NS low you are correct, you are hiding from us.  As for your military competence, the 3 dudes you sent after me last round (including yourself) you lost all your planes, one dude ran out of gas/munitions mid fight, and the last guy, that actually had me dead to rights, shot missiles and nukes at me.  You boys are at the top of your game.

• Haha 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Sphinx said:

Sure you don't want to take a seat? You'll be standing an awfully long time. ;,p 

Based on the reactions of your Coalition mates you may wish to hold off on saying shit talk isn't admissible. ?

I mean right now they're taking sketchy at probably one of his saltiest moments as dead ass serious. Sketchy of all people. The only person who trolls more is goddamn malal.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

If by hide in the upper tier you mean sell 3.8 billion in infra and only buy planes to keep your NS low you are correct, you are hiding from us.  As for your military competence, the 3 dudes you sent after me last round (including yourself) you lost all your planes, one dude ran out of gas/munitions mid fight, and the last guy, that actually had me dead to rights, shot missiles and nukes at me.  You boys are at the top of your game.

Sphinx forgets that when you're TCW leagues better than KF puts you at Fark level.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

Whoa! It's true!

Sketchy and Scarf being sorta dumb totally is a reasonable retort! It totally doesn't matter that virtually everything NPO has said has been proven false by their own actions anymore, because after the fact, two goofballs were sort of rude to them.

At least BK are mostly honest about wanting to be hegemonic weenies. I'm actually starting to think they're the real brains, considering how deranged NPO has been.

Edited by Spaceman Thrax
  • Like 3
  • Downvote 1

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

1 hour ago, Pasky Darkfire said:

What is it which really keeps all the unallied spheres who hit them unified though? Think his comment could be read as your side breaking apart as well, as I think while Chaos/KETOG remain unified against them; hard to imagine peace happening anytime soon at least.

So kind of a peculiar war, which could go on quite a while if your side remains united to the end.

4 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

What is it which really keeps all the unallied spheres who hit them unified though? Think his comment could be read as your side breaking apart as well, as I think while Chaos/KETOG remain unified against them; hard to imagine peace happening anytime soon at least.

So kind of a peculiar war, which could go on quite a while if your side remains united to the end.

f8ekijav3cy01.jpg

• Downvote 1

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

1 hour ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Whoa! It's true!

Sketchy and Scarf being sorta dumb totally is a reasonable retort! It totally doesn't matter that virtually everything NPO has said has been proven false by their own actions anymore, because after the fact, two goofballs were sort of rude to them.

At least BK are mostly honest about wanting to be hegemonic weenies. I'm actually starting to think they're the real brains, considering how deranged NPO has been.

I mean its one of the upper gov/high gov of TGH publicly posting it. I don't see anyone from TGH denying thats the prevailing opinion and then you had the Scarf meltdown on the OWF declaring that we should be disbanded etc. Neither Sketchy nor anyone else from TGH has taken those words back and their member(s) actions have continued pushing that narrative over here on the boards. Seeing their public statements, I mean its hard not take that as their stance given there has been no other reason to go off. 

On the other hand, none of our leaders have said the same in public, and we haven't argued for the disbanding/salting the earth of alliances are harming their right to exist as a political organisation working with alliances throughout the course of this war. TGH's upper gov has. 

NPO's actions have a logical reasoning to them, and those who've heard us out have understood and agreed with the actions, those who do not, so be it. If public pronouncements of disbanding/salting the earth of alliances by leaders in your coalition and pointing that out makes us deranged, then half your coalition leaders are deranged, since quite a few them have been busy trying to do gotcha posts all war lol. 

Also @TheNG is on point. I'd take Sphinx and his whales who get down and dirty to assist the overall coalition to win.

Edited by Shadowthrone
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

Mind stating your logical reasoning for expanding? And if you bring up the 3 month old IQ logs I'm going to go full Inst.

Also everyone who hears you out understand and agree? Uh... no. That's a blanket statement that you cannot prove and is definitely not true, you're just pulling that out of your ass.

I have multiple times. There was a credible threat, and sitting and waiting by is something we'd have preferred not to have done. We expanded accordingly. I've also stated the only logs that I do have are from folks who are trusted sources, and there are enough people in NPO government including Roq, who concur with the validity of the threat and hence we did what we had to. 

I said there are those who've agreed and those who have not. Those who've heard us out entirely and know how we've operated and trust our word, know there are solely special circumstances when we act, and have agreed and there are those who like yourself, who do not. It's not a blanket system, its the truth. People have agreed and people have disagreed, but thats how it is, and that is okay. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

NPO's actions have a logical reasoning to them

Correct. Your actions make sense. It's your narrative that's a mess, because you keep trying to deny the simple logic. :P

~ William S. Burroughs

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Correct. Your actions make sense. It's your narrative that's a mess, because you keep trying to deny the simple logic. :P

I mean our narrative is predicated on the logic behind the action. I wish I told my members something different, and came out here and pronounced something else :P There was a credible threat, we acted upon it. That threat was by means of a DM I had with folks, shared that conversation and here we are :P That's a very logical narrative! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

I have multiple times. There was a credible threat, and sitting and waiting by is something we'd have preferred not to have done. We expanded accordingly. I've also stated the only logs that I do have are from folks who are trusted sources, and there are enough people in NPO government including Roq, who concur with the validity of the threat and hence we did what we had to. 

I said there are those who've agreed and those who have not. Those who've heard us out entirely and know how we've operated and trust our word, know there are solely special circumstances when we act, and have agreed and there are those who like yourself, who do not. It's not a blanket system, its the truth. People have agreed and people have disagreed, but thats how it is, and that is okay. 

Why do you specify roq as if this somehow validates it to us.

Soooo basically your allies agree with you and everyone else just collects the RoqSalt from pointing out that you're acting like paranoid nutters.

What a compelling dichotomy of opinions. Farks opinion is more meaningful at this point and as far as they're concerned we're all Nazi sympathizers.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

I mean our narrative is predicated on the logic behind the action. I wish I told my members something different, and came out here and pronounced something else :P There was a credible threat, we acted upon it. That threat was by means of a DM I had with folks, shared that conversation and here we are :P That's a very logical narrative! 

Yawn.

I mean. You clearly read the actual response people had to your "very credible threat" when you posted that DoW, since you quoted Sketchy's comment from it to try and whine more. So when you try to pretend anyone outside of the people who failed to plot a war against a smaller sphere (and thus have every incentive to tell you what you want to hear about how much of a "threat" you were under) think your narrative makes sense, well no. There's plenty of people within your sphere, and even alliance, who think it was massively overblown, actually. Which puts aside my own opinion, which is that you guys are just a bad mixture of malign and deranged.

The amusing thing is that you actually had no horse in this war. You just picked one because your government is paranoid about age-old grudges, and sold off all your infra to try and get a crack at two smaller spheres who already had nothing worth destroying. Hell, they way you did it actually delayed t$ chewing through Grumpy, so if anything it was negatively effective.

The logical thing to do, even if you thought the threat was credible (which it wasn't, obviously, but whatever) would have been to try and sucker-punch one or both of our spheres after we rebuilt, so that, you know, there would actually be some cost to us. Instead you piled on when we had nothing to lose, which goes back to the whole "deranged" thing, imo.

~ William S. Burroughs

• Alex locked this topic