How long will this war go on for?

Kastor

I think NPO & BK just dragging it out severe months would probably sufficiently displease those who wanted this to be a quick war, without needing to resort to punitive terms. Also I think overly punitive terms at the end would likely be counter productive & something which could probably be used against them later.

So personally I’m not a fan of punitive terms & think alliances should mostly seek to damage during the war than overly punitive terms even if there is some reasoning behind it. Although regardless I doubt we’ll see a quick end and terms would likely be the result of one side seeking them for peace sooner if they happen.

2 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

I think NPO & BK just dragging it out severe months

I don't think they want that since their strategy implies no beige so no loot while our side is looting a lot, this means less resources/money for them while we can cover at least in part the cost of the war

Now we have many players who made new cities thanks to their money, and I think the whales are making good money to finance the war

31 minutes ago, Micchan said:

I don't think they want that since their strategy implies no beige so no loot while our side is looting a lot, this means less resources/money for them while we can cover at least in part the cost of the war

Now we have many players who made new cities thanks to their money, and I think the whales are making good money to finance the war

Guess we’ll see, but for them the war just began when they were declared & would think plan on these major wars lasting around 3 months. Alliances like Empyrea are barely still in the top 50 & TGH out of the top 30. Also war gives them something to do & I know I wouldn’t be likely to be wanting peace so soon after taking the initial infra damage. Peace can be kind of boring and last a long time if not suddenly given a reason to fight from an enemy of the moment.

43 minutes ago, Micchan said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that one chief.

21 minutes ago, Dad said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that one chief.

Well, I would be, since I *am*, and so are the rest of us

Hell, one of our younger TGH guys has literally not gotten a single grant and has been funding his entire war effort of NPO/etc. lootings.

6 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Well, I would be, since I *am*, and so are the rest of us

Hell, one of our younger TGH guys has literally not gotten a single grant and has been funding his entire war effort of NPO/etc. lootings.

Oh no the loot part is probably legit, I bought 16-20 with Knightfall/Ask Alexio money so I'm aware how easy it is. I was referring to the rest of the post.

1 minute ago, Dad said:

Oh no the loot part is probably legit, I bought 16-20 with Knightfall/Ask Alexio money so I'm aware how easy it is. I was referring to the rest of the post.

Er, then what's wrong with the rest of the post? No ground but yes planes means you get looted, which reduces the amount of resources you've got available. I don't see anything else in Micchan's post.

1 minute ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Er, then what's wrong with the rest of the post? No ground but yes planes means you get looted, which reduces the amount of resources you've got available. I don't see anything else in Micchan's post.

The wishful thinking part where they say that getting looted is going to make us want a short war is what I'm referring to. Everyone who runs planes only is fully aware of the downsides at this point and a little looting isn't going to compel any capitulations from competent alliances, especially NPO and BK which are specifically referred to in the post Micchan quotes.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Inst said:

Another 3 months of this. BKNPO still hasn't gotten reliably positive war stats, and Grumpy hasn't been submerged yet.

Neither of those are going to happen in 3 months.

6 hours ago, Micchan said:

Heard this one during ToT, still doesn't apply today. But nice shift in arguments! 

2 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Neither of those are going to happen in 3 months.

You realize BK and NPO have been positive several days right? And the coalition as whole has been for a couple.

1 hour ago, Shadowthrone said:

Heard this one during ToT, still doesn't apply today. But nice shift in arguments! 

Dont worry they will just pull out another to prove they totally aren't losing lol

1 hour ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

You realize BK and NPO have been positive several days right? And the coalition as whole has been for a couple.

Dont worry they will just pull out another to prove they totally aren't losing lol

Yep. Somehow, its gone from outright winning to winning because upper tier exists. Alas, guess 2017 is the new 2019. 

I don’t know if it’s possible, but I think it Ending in another temporary alignment to deal with KETOG upper tier dominance or something it sounds like Roq might have been interested in working together against with CoS from a previous post I read. That would probably be the only way I can see this changing anytime soon from the current status quo stalemate.

Although I think NPO/BK are likely to think KETOG & Chaos still aligned against them until they have a reason to view it different. If both spheres dig in for a joint peace agreement; then they’re less likely to want to give it. I think their side would assume them closer than they might actually be as long as they remain unified. So I do see some ways for it to end eventually or into a fight other than TKR vs NPO. (Although I don’t have high expectations we’ll see another apparent stale mate turned into a joint war with former foes working together)

1 hour ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

You realize for several days you've been attacking neutral, uninvolved alliances who never shown aggression to you?

What a peculiar correlation, I say!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

38 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

You realize for several days you've been attacking neutral, uninvolved alliances who never shown aggression to you?

What a peculiar correlation, I say!

Allied to enemies = aggression 

34 minutes ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

Allied to enemies = aggression 

You heard it here folks. All of your treaties are CBs. All hail IQ.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Dad said:

The wishful thinking part where they say that getting looted is going to make us want a short war is what I'm referring to. Everyone who runs planes only is fully aware of the downsides at this point and a little looting isn't going to compel any capitulations from competent alliances, especially NPO and BK which are specifically referred to in the post Micchan quotes.

I'm sure you can go on forever since at this point the cost of the war is not high, I won't be sure that all your allies can do the same so instead of risking to see them peace one after another I would try to end the war in a month with a large offensive to show military power and good diplomatic skills

But this is what I would do in your place, you are free to do what you want

3 hours ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

I'm very impressed by your 350M of net damage on House Arryn, literally changed the whole war

5 minutes ago, durmij said:

You heard it here folks. All of your treaties are CBs. All hail IQ.

Don't lose the war if you dont want to be targeted, pretty easy.

2 minutes ago, Micchan said:

I'm very impressed by your 350M of net damage on House Arryn, literally changed the whole war

We were positive for several days before hitting House Arryn, you can literally look at the graph lol

10 minutes ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

We were positive for several days before hitting House Arryn, you can literally look at the graph lol

Your "we" is BK or "we" is the entire coalition?

3 minutes ago, Micchan said:

Your "we" is BK or "we" is the entire coalition?

Our entire coalition, individually most major AA's have been positive the last few days.

....the irony of a side that initiated action on a large group of alliances because it was a threat that they were all treatied to each other simultaneously not able to draw a straight line to why alliances that might be treatied to them may constitute some kind of inimical force to the alliances they just hit for similar reasoning...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

• Alex locked this topic