How long will this war go on for?

Kastor

36 minutes ago, Justin076 said:

Well IQ kinda set a precedent last global war that these things are supposed to go on for a meaningless long ass time. Unless Leo's head explodes due to his exponentially growing ego, I expect a minimum 4 month war. 

Honestly, if this shit is still going on in August Im peacing. 

If just keeping it going until August is enough to make you and others peace out; maybe it won't be 2+ months.

41 minutes ago, Justin076 said:

Honestly, if this shit is still going on in August Im peacing.  

"Leap, fellow soldiers, unless you wish to betray your eagle to the enemy. I, for my part, will perform my duty to the Templars and my @Horsecock, bank robber, and the other triumvir dude."

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

5 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

If just keeping it going until August is enough to make you and others peace out; maybe it won't be 2+ months.

Well, keeping it going as long as it has has already made a bunch of your side peace out (successfully or otherwise), so let's not extrapolate from that. Unless those separate peaces mean you're going to surrender soon yourselves of course.

Just now, Sir Scarfalot said:

Well, keeping it going as long as it has has already made a bunch of your side peace out (successfully or otherwise), so let's not extrapolate from that. Unless those separate peaces mean you're going to surrender soon yourselves of course.

Since you guys didn't attack BK until I was already out, not really on a side & just observing. I do have sympathy for those who I would have fought alongside had something unrelated caused me to leave BK right before; however I also said I thought it seemed stupid Chaos & KETOG destroying each other while the top 2 Spheres remain untouched. Although me being somewhat sympathetic to those who friends in BK Sphere doesn't mean I'm on their side & will suddenly join in to assist them.

If either side ends up with harsh and punitive terms; would sadden me to see such precedent going forward & I even applied to join to CoS before Fark when BK was still uninvolved. Although paranoia over spies caused them to ultimately turn me down, however I was willing to fight on a side & throw my infra to the curb then; even if fate led me to developing nuclear weapons and more cities during this time instead. Now the sides became strange in the war & I'm watching to see how it goes.

1 minute ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Since you guys didn't attack BK until I was already out, not really on a side & just observing. I do have sympathy for those who I would have fought alongside had something unrelated caused me to leave BK right before; however I also said I thought it seemed stupid Chaos & KETOG destroying each other while the top 2 Spheres remain untouched. Although me being somewhat sympathetic to those who friends in BK Sphere doesn't mean I'm on their side & will suddenly join in to assist them.

If either side ends up with harsh and punitive terms; would sadden me to see such precedent going forward & I even applied to join to CoS before Fark when BK was still uninvolved. Although paranoia over spies caused them to ultimately turn me down, however I was willing to fight on a side & throw my infra to the curb then; even if fate led me to developing nuclear weapons and more cities during this time instead. Now the sides became strange in the war & I'm watching to see how it goes.

Precedent? That ship sailed YEARS ago for the first time, and it's sailed a dozen times hence. Stock up on tissues, there's no way you're not gonna be sad.

1 minute ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Precedent? That ship sailed YEARS ago for the first time, and it's sailed a dozen times hence. Stock up on tissues, there's no way you're not gonna be sad.

Well, doubt I will care to much unless I see some really unfair terms on alliances I like. I’m still not sure who will win.

5 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Well, doubt I will care to much unless I see some really unfair terms on alliances I like. I’m still not sure who will win.

And unfair terms on alliances you don't like? If precedent matters, then an unfair precedent works against us all no matter who is initially holding the bag on it.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

2 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

And unfair terms on alliances you don't like? If precedent matters, then an unfair precedent works against us all no matter who is initially holding the bag on it.

Life isn’t fair, so while I wouldn’t be in favor of it; not being in involved I wouldn’t care much when you guys are already talking as if terms will be bad if you win, before it’s a sure thing imo.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

Life isn’t fair, so while I wouldn’t be in favor of it; not being in involved I wouldn’t care much when you guys are already talking as if terms will be bad if you win, before it’s a sure thing imo.

Life certainly can't be fair with that attitude, which it turns out is why your experience with life remains unfair for you.

3 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Life certainly can't be fair with that attitude, which it turns out is why your experience with life remains unfair for you.

I think you’re pointlessly laying the stage where terms will be harsh whoever wins, when BK said other side bowing the knee. So I would care more if you’re not already advocating punitive terms before anyone has won. ?

• Downvote 1

I think you’re pointlessly laying the stage where terms will be harsh whoever wins, when BK said other side bowing the knee. So I would care more if you’re not already advocating punitive terms before anyone has won. ?

The precedent has been set and history shows that terms will be harsh regardless of who wins. Since only punitive/harsh terms are realistic to expect, that means that regardless of who wins, you should be "sad", according to your own logic.

But now, you're taking BK's posturing as some kind of evidence that they're going to be the ones winning, and therefore levying the punitive terms, and therefore everything is fine since you don't in fact care if the precedent works against you as long as you get what you want in the short term.

Also you're deliberately misrepresenting my point; nowhere have I advocated punitive terms.

7 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Everyone knows BK/NPO intend to be punitive, and with all the drama kicked up by this war, nobody expects KETOG/chaos to be merciful either. Simple as that.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

The precedent has been set and history shows that terms will be harsh regardless of who wins. Since only punitive/harsh terms are realistic to expect, that means that regardless of who wins, you should be "sad", according to your own logic.

But now, you're taking BK's posturing as some kind of evidence that they're going to be the ones winning, and therefore levying the punitive terms, and therefore everything is fine since you don't in fact care if the precedent works against you as long as you get what you want in the short term.

Also you're deliberately misrepresenting my point; nowhere have I advocated punitive terms.

You’re a little delusional sometimes, just they’re not trying to set the stage for punitive terms. Makes no sense to advertise your intent to be punitive with terms if you win beforehand.

Could make a PR thing out of terms as they come.

The best thing this war can accomplish is where both sides agree to peace without retarded terms.

However, we know that won't happen because there are retards on both sides who will want retarded terms (butter knives).

A man can dream tho.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

You’re a little delusional sometimes, just they’re not trying to set the stage for punitive terms. Makes no sense to advertise your intent to be punitive with terms if you win beforehand.

Could make a PR thing out of terms as they come.

Trying to... what? Again, nowhere have I said that terms SHOULD be punitive. I'm saying that they've simply never been anything but, in this sort of situation.

4 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Trying to... what? Again, nowhere have I said that terms SHOULD be punitive. I'm saying that they've simply never been anything but, in this sort of situation.

Personally I thought the initial Knightfall terms excessive, so hope terms are more chill than that.

51 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

The precedent has been set and history shows that terms will be harsh regardless of who wins.

We are taking this to punitive levels never before seen: Leo and Roq are going to have to be my friends IRL.

Honestly though I'm not sure punitive terms are the norm. IQ side lost in ToT and none of us received any punitive terms. Some of the knightfall terms might be described as such, but I don't consider those particularly punitive either, on the whole. Even if one wanted punitive terms, there remains the calculus of if it is worth paying the price to get them, and if you can even afford to pay that price yourself in member apathy if the enemy chooses to just drag things on forever. There have been reps and harsher terms in the past (I think BKs reps against Rose might be the largest?), but even before that there were some examples of people avoiding them, albeit at the cost of prolonged damage/income loss in the interim.

• Like 1

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

21 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Just ask IQ 2.0 what the terms will be.  They apparently already know despite the fact that it hasn’t even been discussed yet.  At least from us.

You already admitting a lost cause & they will set the terms?:P

Anyways I doubt any alliances will pay reps unless they show a willingness to do so versus just continued war.

2 minutes ago, 丂ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™ said:

Does that include leap years?

The real question is if it will skip an additional leap-day in the 50th century to be aligned with the Earth's rotation or if they'll stick with the Gregorian Calendar, which will be one day off by then.

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Personally I think TKR & their allies probably had the most reason to think they’d be targeted; so while I know they’ve built up some grudges over years hope they don’t end up with overly punitive terms if BK/NPO wins. The chances of BK/NPO considering accepting any punitive terms I think is small enough I doubt they care.

So I think it will be a very long grind if either side tries crippling the other afterwards with excessive terms.

• Alex locked this topic