Mass Infra Buying War Declaration Restriction

Alex

2 hours ago, Alanza said:

The only people who are really hurt by this are the nations who know the game well but cannot afford to get Credits and don't want to spend money on subscriptions and don't have scripts to mass buy infrastructure. In those cases, they buy infrastructure slightly slower than those with VIP and scripts. It doesn't really matter.

As for the issue of down declaring, I think a 2 hour restriction on using the tool and declaring seems reasonable (although if you really wanted to, you could sell, wait, declare, wait again, and buy, but that would take 4 hours of waiting and I don't think anyone's gonna wait 4 hours just to down declare).

In summary: Y'all are making things more complicated. Mass buying has been going on before, and now the only difference is that there's a new tool to do that ingame. For down declaring, just go with Alex's solution; its reasonable enough.

People sell Credits on the Market pretty much a little bit more equal to what you can exchange them for in-game $ through the donation system. 

On 7/10/2019 at 2:19 PM, Alex said:

VIP costs 1 Credit / 60 days. It's like $2.50/mo, not $40, please don't make ridiculous exaggerations.

I understand this was a reply to an exaggeration, but pay to win is pay to win even if the IRL cost is relatively inexpensive.  Even if you introduced time-based restrictions on its use with war you're giving the nations that pay you a game advantage over those who do not. I don't know how more simply Pay2Win can be explained.  This is it. I've been playing for a very long time and throughout all of that period of time you have always limited VIP to forums tags and customization that does not affect game play.  This is the beginning of you changing that. What's the next improvement that'll be concealed behind the VIP wall?

GICjEwp.gif

• Administrators
On 7/13/2019 at 4:37 AM, ComradeMilton said:

I understand this was a reply to an exaggeration, but pay to win is pay to win even if the IRL cost is relatively inexpensive.  Even if you introduced time-based restrictions on its use with war you're giving the nations that pay you a game advantage over those who do not. I don't know how more simply Pay2Win can be explained.  This is it. I've been playing for a very long time and throughout all of that period of time you have always limited VIP to forums tags and customization that does not affect game play.  This is the beginning of you changing that. What's the next improvement that'll be concealed behind the VIP wall?

Again I disagree. You don't need to use the mass infrastructure purchase tool, in fact it's easier than every to buy your infra in each city with @purchasing. It's a tool of convenience, not a tool that helps you competitively.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Again I disagree. You don't need to use the mass infrastructure purchase tool, in fact it's easier than every to buy your infra in each city with @purchasing. It's a tool of convenience, not a tool that helps you competitively.

I get ur point, but why should I buy CRD to get that 60 days with a 2hour handicap, when i could buy a script that i can use forever and don't have that 2hour handicap ?
But it's a step forward... Thank you for at least partially listening to the community here. :D 

Edited by MonkeyDLegend
32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

• Administrators
On 7/14/2019 at 8:45 PM, ComradeMilton said:

No, it's easier to just type it once rather than going into each city and typing that.  If I give you money I can get an advantage over those who do not pay now.

It is easier. Easier in the sense that it's more convenient.

It's an advantage of convenience, not an advantage in that it gets you any greater chance to succeed in competition with other nations.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

It's an advantage of convenience, not an advantage in that it gets you any greater chance to succeed in competition with other nations.

Unless it's used to decom infra, declare on people much smaller than you, rebuild that infra, use your rebuys and completely stomp them.

Which your tool, and the scripts you admit people have, allow. That would make it possible for my 21 cities to swoop down, smack a c7, and build my infra back in time to double buy and have more than his max military. 

Sure, you can do that without the new tool or scripts. But even with @ purchases it still takes a couple minutes to do that. A couple minutes where that c7 and any counters can gain controls or kill units.

But, if I use your tool or mentioned scripts, I can now rebuild in a SINGLE click, in a SINGLE second and use my full rebuys. That's a huge time discrepancy when you consider that some people in this game can react or even launch counter wars in seconds and not even reaching to a single minute. 

Seeing as how independent scripts exist to make this possible, making it impossible through the in-game tool gives an advantage to people with an independent script. I'm pretty goddamn fast, but even I can't move faster than instantaneous rebuild.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Unless it's used to decom infra, declare on people much smaller than you, rebuild that infra, use your rebuys and completely stomp them.

Which your tool, and the scripts you admit people have, allow. That would make it possible for my 21 cities to swoop down, smack a c7, and build my infra back in time to double buy and have more than his max military. 

Sure, you can do that without the new tool or scripts. But even with @ purchases it still takes a couple minutes to do that. A couple minutes where that c7 and any counters can gain controls or kill units.

But, if I use your tool or mentioned scripts, I can now rebuild in a SINGLE click, in a SINGLE second and use my full rebuys. That's a huge time discrepancy when you consider that some people in this game can react or even launch counter wars in seconds and not even reaching to a single minute. 

Seeing as how independent scripts exist to make this possible, making it impossible through the in-game tool gives an advantage to people with an independent script. I'm pretty goddamn fast, but even I can't move faster than instantaneous rebuild.

Can you believe she is still screaming and crying about this little change? Get a life!

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Deulos said:

Can you believe she is still screaming and crying about this little change? Get a life!

Coming from the guy who went out of his way to downvote all my posts he could find...

Maybe you should just leave whats left of your 'life' at the nearest morgue, it's suffered enough from you.

• Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Coming from the guy who went out of his way to downvote all my posts he could find...

Maybe you should just leave whats left of your 'life' at the nearest morgue, it's suffered enough from you.

I did not go out of my way. I just didn't agree with anything you said. And I'll probably find your life already at the morgue waiting for me. ❤️

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Actually, I'm going to have to agree with Milton and Akuryo here; the advantage lies in score range manipulation. We can already build or sell infrastructure to up/downdeclare on someone; what this tool does is make that process faster and therefore makes it harder for opposing forces to find counters or otherwise react.

That's a competitive advantage.

2 hours ago, Alex said:

It's a speed advantage. If I can alter my city with the new costly tool and templates, I can absolutely gain an in-game advantage over opponents. Say we've both taken damage and are logged on at the same time. I can repair my cities with one click. They have to click on the city, paste @infra_level and then submit for every city. That can easily be twenty of more cities. You don't see being able to skip that work and be done with it and ready to fight as an advantage over another player?

GICjEwp.gif