Mass Infra Buying War Declaration Restriction

Alex

I wouldn't call this mission accomplished by any means, but it at least makes it difficult enough to abuse that other potential abuses can be rooted out as they come to light.

Thank you for at least partially listening to the community here.

• Like 1

Former leader of Chocolate Castle 4/1/2021

"It's pretty easy to get abused by Rosey without being a weirdo about it" - Betilius

"Rosey is everything I look for in a fighter" - partisan

"I’m very much not surprised that Lossi has you blocked tbh" - @MCMaster-095

17 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

why not make it 12 hours?

Should be 12 turns, a whole day cycle. It's basically a fast rebuild tool, you shouldn't need to use it if you are going to start an offensive war.

• Upvote 2

This is hilariously useless, and just stupid.

First of all, it's to fix a problem you yourself created by making it behind a VIP wall. It's pay to win because of YOU.

Furthermore, so what? I don't care if a whale sells down to 300 and yeets some c20. I've had c11s getting slapped by c20s who sold to 300 infra while having max planes and then just bought more when they needed rebuys. Hell, even zeroed out, i have people within 200 points of my score and 3 cities of me, at max planes. Honestly, takes the inability to recover that beige holding already entails to an entirely new level. 
I don't see why doing this should be easier for some (NPO/BK, already doing this before the bulk buy) and then made tedious to complete impracticality for others, who merely decided they'd like to have more than 20 cities. Not that i think many of them would do it anyway, for a number of reasons.

To add on to that above, didn't you already admit to there being scripts to do EXACTLY this for some time which you allowed use of? Hell, i bet NPO is one of the alliances who has one. Knowing how many coders they have, i wouldn't be surprised if Rose did too. I don't blame them, if i could make one i'd use it. 

But considering that, does it occur to you that the actual problem is not being addressed here? People have been complaining the score system is broken for quite some time. I'm sure what else you need to prove that, but i reckon i can get myself down to ~1000 score and hit city 6-7s with max ground, at city 21, if that'd be enough illustration for you. I could buy back my infra to double buy on them! If i really tried i might even be able to get a city 5 for you! 

TL;DR, stupid band-aid fix for a 'pay to win' problem YOU created that is a symptom of a much more severe issue you should be focusing on. Until then let the whales treat their enemy in kind if they so wish, or not bother, if they so wish. 

Edited by Akuryo
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Also you could just let everyone access it instead of charging $40 a month for a feature that should've been deployed years ago.

VIP costs 1 Credit / 60 days. It's like $2.50/mo, not $40, please don't make ridiculous exaggerations.

11 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

To add on to that above, didn't you already admit to there being scripts to do EXACTLY this for some time which you allowed use of? Hell, i bet NPO is one of the alliances who has one. Knowing how many coders they have, i wouldn't be surprised if Rose did too. I don't blame them, if i could make one i'd use it. 

I don't allow the use of scripts to automatically buy infrastructure, but I understand that I can't stand behind and look over the shoulder of everyone playing the game to make sure they're not using such scripts. They're against the rules, but there's really no effective way for me to enforce that particular rule (unless you'd like to use a captcha everytime you buy or sell infrastructure.)

• Upvote 5

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

VIP costs 1 Credit / 60 days. It's like $2.50/mo, not $40, please don't make ridiculous exaggerations.

Touche. My reading comprehension is at simple minded stable boy level, source of my confusion:

10 Credit Monthly Subscription
$39.95 
 Includes 33 Days VIP & $1,000,000 Each Month FREE!

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Touche. My reading comprehension is at simple minded stable boy level, source of my confusion:

10 Credit Monthly Subscription
$39.95 
 Includes 33 Days VIP & $1,000,000 Each Month FREE!

I figured that's what you were thinking about; you do get free VIP if you have a monthly subscription. But VIP itself is 1 Credit / 60 days, which I think is very reasonable.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Yeah I think it's entirely pointless to put in these restrictions since we all know there is plenty of people who have the infra buying/selling script and it can't be enforced. This just punishes regular Joe, or in this case (if bulk buy infra stays VIP only) people who buy VIP.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I figured that's what you were thinking about; you do get free VIP if you have a monthly subscription. But VIP itself is 1 Credit / 60 days, which I think is very reasonable.

I resent that I agree, but my pride now prevents me from getting VIP.

• Administrators
Just now, Theodosius said:

Yeah I think it's entirely pointless to put in these restrictions since we all know there is plenty of people who have the infra buying/selling script and it can't be enforced. This just punishes regular Joe, or in this case (if bulk buy infra stays VIP only) people who buy VIP.

It's not a punishment. It's a new feature that is not necessary at all to play the game, and just makes things a little bit more convenient. You don't have to use it, and if you don't want to buy VIP, that's fine. It's not going to hinder your ability to play the game competitively.

• Upvote 2

Forums Rules | Game Link

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

It's not a punishment. It's a new feature that is not necessary at all to play the game, and just makes things a little bit more convenient. You don't have to use it, and if you don't want to buy VIP, that's fine. It's not going to hinder your ability to play the game competitively.

My point is people have already been bulk buying and selling infrastructure and declaring wars before this feature was introduced, using scripts. Now they will continue using scripts while officially that feature is restricted for everyone else.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Theodosius said:

My point is people have already been bulk buying and selling infrastructure and declaring wars before this feature was introduced, using scripts. Now they will continue using scripts while officially that feature is restricted for everyone else.

So nothing has changed except that people who don't have any script now have an option to do the same thing if they want it. Sounds like a net improvement to me.

Forums Rules | Game Link

This is just a manifestation of an underlying set of greater balance issues, rather than an issue in on itself.

With that said, quite frankly, I'd say that it'd be best to just allow it as is. The entire rationale behind why it'd be used as described can be easily nullified with minimal effort.

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

So nothing has changed except that people who don't have any script now have an option to do the same thing if they want it. Sounds like a net improvement to me.

Except they don't because you're proposing to change yours to prevent them doing that, giving people with said scripts an advantage.

Which is why it should be left alone and the greater issue this is apart of focused on instead. 

• Upvote 1

People will always complain.

The 2 hour nerf is just plain stupid.

22 hours ago, Hodor said:

Also you could just let everyone access it instead of charging $40 a month for a feature that should've been deployed years ago.

If you don't want to pay literally a couple dollars a month on a feature then don't. Nobody is twisting your arm...

21 hours ago, Akuryo said:

TL;DR, stupid band-aid fix for a 'pay to win' problem YOU created that is a symptom of a much more severe issue you should be focusing on. Until then let the whales treat their enemy in kind if they so wish, or not bother, if they so wish.  

To be fair, it was just purely a quality of life improvement. You're getting deep into a truly shallow issue. Lighten up, breathe, it's going to be okay....

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Deulos said:

If you don't want to pay literally a couple dollars a month on a feature then don't. Nobody is twisting your arm...

To be fair, it was just purely a quality of life improvement. You're getting deep into a truly shallow issue. Lighten up, breathe, it's going to be okay....

"A shallow issue"
Meanwhile the score system and tiering of the game... 
"Hold my beer while i have max plane c20s hit city 9s"

Now go back to your little hole where you raid inactives, being oblivious to how literally the entire rest of the game functions. It's purely a QoL improvement, then why is he here on the behest of others to complain of a significant balance issue? 

Perhaps, because such an issue already existed before it, and this change merely made that issue a greater threat to people who before had little fear of it being used by anyone but themselves.

14 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Now go back to your little hole where you raid inactives, being oblivious to how literally the entire rest of the game functions.

Don't know why you said that. You don't have to be salty at us Arrgh and our way of life, lol.

14 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Perhaps, because such an issue already existed before it, and this change merely made that issue a greater threat to people who before had little fear of it being used by anyone but themselves.

LOL, wuuutt?? People where already doing this. It does make easier to downdeclare but it does not matter at the end of day. C20s raided c10s already, it's probably a massive waste of time and resources on the whales part but if one is stupid enough to do so then so be it. And you know Alex loves those whales,and if his changes are either useless or stupid, well so be it. And also whales don't run the game

Edited by Deulos
  • Downvote 1

The only people who are really hurt by this are the nations who know the game well but cannot afford to get Credits and don't want to spend money on subscriptions and don't have scripts to mass buy infrastructure. In those cases, they buy infrastructure slightly slower than those with VIP and scripts. It doesn't really matter.

As for the issue of down declaring, I think a 2 hour restriction on using the tool and declaring seems reasonable (although if you really wanted to, you could sell, wait, declare, wait again, and buy, but that would take 4 hours of waiting and I don't think anyone's gonna wait 4 hours just to down declare).

In summary: Y'all are making things more complicated. Mass buying has been going on before, and now the only difference is that there's a new tool to do that ingame. For down declaring, just go with Alex's solution; its reasonable enough.

• Downvote 1

-Alanza

24 minutes ago, Alanza said:

The only people who are really hurt by this are the nations who know the game well but cannot afford to get Credits and don't want to spend money on subscriptions and don't have scripts to mass buy infrastructure. In those cases, they buy infrastructure slightly slower than those with VIP and scripts. It doesn't really matter.

As for the issue of down declaring, I think a 2 hour restriction on using the tool and declaring seems reasonable (although if you really wanted to, you could sell, wait, declare, wait again, and buy, but that would take 4 hours of waiting and I don't think anyone's gonna wait 4 hours just to down declare).

In summary: Y'all are making things more complicated. Mass buying has been going on before, and now the only difference is that there's a new tool to do that ingame. For down declaring, just go with Alex's solution; its reasonable enough.

Except this solution doesn't apply to others with their own scripts independent of the game. This is a bigger balance issue than BK being scared of Grumpy c30s raining down on them with the same shit BKs been doing to everyone below c18.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Deulos said:

Don't quote me and cause me to visit a thread where your complaint against me was already addressed literally one mouse scroll above this post. Just do us all a favor and read before you post.

Edited by Hodor
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1