Some Ideas

I've had some ideas in mind for...probably over a year now, but I haven't really expressed them on the forum before. I figured now would be as good a time as any, since they might get new players involved or bring back older players.

New subforums:

Looking back at the National RP Archive, it's interesting to see the past subforums that were created with the hope of resolving specific issues the roleplay faced at the time. In-Depth Roleplay was the first one. It was created due to the growing number of shorter posts being made, with the goal of encouraging lengthier posts with more detail. Although it accomplished its goal, it was eventually retired for a couple reasons. Lengthier posts began appearing in the main National Affairs subforum, and the In-Depth subforum started being treated as completely separate from the main subforum's roleplay.

Then along came Organic Roleplay. This was created for the purpose of establishing a more natural roleplay with less rules than the main subforum. It was eventually retired after community interest and activity died out. Lifetime of War was next. I'm not sure what that was, but it was the least active of the subforums to be created. The last subforum to be created was Map-Based Roleplay. It was created for the purpose of reviving the style of roleplay that used to take place in the main subforum, as well as creating a distinct environment for map-based RP not based on your in-game nation. This left the main subforum free for roleplaying the actions of your in-game nation. It also eventually died out due to the lack of community interest and activity. It should be noted that the rules attached to some of these subforums as well as involvement from moderators also turned off people from participating.

My idea:

Perhaps the reason I held off on sharing my idea was because I felt that it would only attract previous players instead of new ones, which wouldn't exactly resolve the activity issue. However, who will ever really know unless the idea is presented in the first place? The idea I had was to retire the Map-Based Roleplay subforum to the Archive (which doesn't prevent the two people still using it once or twice a month from continuing to use it), and creating two new subforums in its place. (You might be able to see why I held off on sharing this, since what's the point of creating more subforums when activity is non-existent?)

Anyway, the first subforum would be for more realistic roleplay, similar to real life. The second subforum would be for fantasy roleplay. (Both of these wouldn't have to be associated with your in-game nation, of course.) The realistic RP would be map-based, just as the Map-Based Roleplay is now, and the fantasy RP would be based on a fantasy/fictional world. For example, it could be based on, say, the world of Remnant from the RWBY series. Basically, it would be something entirely different from just plain Earth. There are a few issues I can think of with fantasy RP, however. If a map was used from a preexisting story, it may just be easiest to do a roleplay based off the entire series at that point. Obviously not everyone will be familiar with the world that's chosen. Another issue is creating reasonably-sized provinces for whatever map is chosen if it doesn't already have them. The only solution I can really think of would be to find an original world with provinces already drawn, and letting the players shape the world as they go.

My last idea, that I just remembered while writing this, is to have a roleplay that takes place on Earth, but during a specific time in history. One could take place during World War II. One could take place even further back in time, or in the near or distant future.

For any of these, I'd suggest keeping rules and moderator involvement to a minimum so the roleplay can flow naturally. However, I recognize that these ideas are best-suited for larger and more active communities. I still wanted to share them and see what others think, though.

• Upvote 3

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."

Immediate superpowers don't make the RP any better. I think spheres of influence are important, with regional powers competing/interacting with each other before they interact with nations on the other side of the world.

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."

If er were to organize an RP that was very much wholesome and had some power struggles going on, but have it be fair at the same time, that'd be great. I agree with the fact that nations shouldn't immediately be plunged into immense power. Almost like each nation needs a backstory, a national dialog, and some real content before being able to move outward. 

While I enjoy looking at my bubble on a map get bigger, I believe development from within is what should make a nation great before extruding. So if there was some form of way to make it not feel restricting, but also have guidelines on how much interior dialog there is before one can extrude outward would be great.

Moreover, Nations that are small should not necessarily be reprimanded by size, should one have high internal development and role play; that'd be awesome.

Usually what I see is people just fighting, taking land, disputing constantly without a real personal dialog between the powers and that isn't fun RP, that's entropy. There must be moments like that of course, but I want to see focus on the individual narrative and fleshing out of the personal nations.

That's just what I enjoy, and I'm glad you're bringing this conversation up.

Edited by Chapsie
  • Upvote 2

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

The same people who promote needed change usually are those who continually aid in the creation of the issue which prompts the change.

NatRP has always been an endless cycle of repugnant motivation towards no common goal other than to justify the position and stature of those that confide in Alex and moderation looking over these subforums in an effort to continue that stature within their own favor -  this renders any changes or proposed changes utterly useless.

The idea here is there needs to be a set of rules which limits everyone to the same stature but also grants each player the ability to grow and develop at a pace that keeps them within the bounds and restriction of being some huge superpower with no reason to be there. More times than not, these forums have been ridiculed with endless rules and directives and complaints and more - simply to benefit the development of certain player locales. I'm not interested in any of that.

Stop thinking so hard for a solution when it's honestly been here the whole time - make it simple, back when you were kids and you'd roleplay with your friends. Everyone was on the same level, everyone had their own backstory and RP of their character, everyone enjoyed who they were, how they were, and the whole time there was a good time to be had. There were simple rules, nobody was invincible, everyone participated, and everyone had fun. That guy who came out with his elite super shield and nobody could hurt his soldiers or 'fort' was usually shunned from the group - there should be no power bursts here, just like when we were kids.

Simplicity wins.

Stories Win.

The other side of this is, bringing back the simplicity of roleplay might draw in some more people, it should remain simple. Variations of RP aren't needed - you just need to filter out people, sign up - present your character/nation, present the backstory and introduce yourself.

-create a forum for signups/introductions.
-create a board/council/moderation advised reviewing submissions for RP
-allow the community to upvote to provide community-like representation
-open a new forum for actual RP events. Now, everyone has their backstory and everything listed within their own topic that can be accessed at any time - not just locked in some 25-mile long thread.
-make the 'world' fun to be in and thrive in, work together and fight together........focus on the main event, ROLEPLAY, be your character.
-don't shun those that don't know what they are doing, encourage them, work with them and build with them.

This is what makes RP work, fostering an environment that allows creative juices to flow without the restriction of rules than benefit those that cry to administration. That is how it's done, that's how it should be done.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Mad Max said:

Snip

As a kid I jumped off the balcony

• Haha 1

1878498441_DJKrmko.png.dccff90b8a322ff56cb0b8e3e056be19.png
Yeet on all the fascists, viva la revolution mofo - Josip Broz for all dem Titos and Tities

5 hours ago, Mayor said:

To be honest I just like the National RP and it is all I use these days. Should we not merge all sub-forums into just NatRP to increase activity?

Problem there is you'll get the 'powerful' people complaining and wanting to reset again to justify fairness to the superior RP.

• Upvote 1

Just ignore the powerful people then? I think I have shown time and time again no nation can beat Calondia. Poland, ally of many and a bastion in Europe, invaded and conquered by Calondia? The much envied Empire of Mogar who was a superpower in the region with a massive land mass and considered unbeatable; became the newest Calondian province and personal fiefdom of the Empire. There are still ways to have fun, I think people just get to caught up in rules and guidelines they forget the most important part.

And I'm not gonna lie, Holy Britannian Empire was a Calondian target this war. And you better believe I would have RP every bit of that war and may still do so...

Yeah we all have to cater to the wishes of Mogar and what is termed "fantasy RP"! Hahahaha!

Have fun with the tired same old, same RP that you guys always do on your pathetic maps. XD

And yes there was a time when the map based no rules Nat RP was fun before you all ruined everything and divided the community with your crap drama. If your wondering what happened to NatRP you need not look further than yourselves. :P

You do you, I will just keep using the NatRP and ignoring whatever new crap you come up with that will probably be abandoned anyways after a few months, per usual.

• Upvote 2

Seriously though for the nature of this discussion it is imho better to have no sub-forums like the old days, an opt-in optional map based RP for those who want to be on a map, and no dividing in-game RP with "fantasy" RP, and no "I could care less about what you do or your RP" and more say ... I don't know ... actually contributing more and not just sticking to your preferred RP group which divides the community and creates less content.

Sure you can have some rules for the map and general respect guidelines like no trolling and bad faith posts but no official moderation councils and sub forums upon sub-forums, expanding colonies and "aggressive war" consent forms/agreements. I mean I only resorted to "in-game" RP with my wars cause you all got me banned and my posts locked for a month because I had the nerve to start a war so ofc I resorted to in-game cause people just cry to moderation "council" when things don't go their way or they are not top shit in RP cause they have the biggest territory. People don't like losing so they make rules to prevent them from losing. So get with the program and adapt or keep proposing the same things every few months because no one else wants to join in on this boring stuff. Also did you ever reply to my Invasion of Mogar? nope it was entirely ignored, and of course it was because it interferes with your little utopia you have set up for yourself in the map-RP where the super actives take advantage of the conquest/colony rules they themselves usually set up to give them an advantage. Anyways that is my 2 cents on this dying community, good luck guys.

• Upvote 1

Its not like he replied to Spectre's invasion of Mog[Corp], and many others beforehand. The reason he does what he did by playing a super large state is because there are were and will be people that do so and just want to god mod, roflstomp everyone, and war would be out of the question as it would damage their utopia.

I have talked with Mogar about this often. First, he always leaves a loophole in his strategy which the enemy can exploit to beat. Second, wars can be declared as anyone wishes. You could declare a war for no reason out of the blue, but that wouldnt be the best idea, but you should be able to interviene if someone does some act you are highly against, but those people stay behind the consent rule or suck off to the mods. I am pretty sick and tired of how some people requested change for a long time, but they were called names, like warmongrers. 

The problem is that everyone can become an America and more from the get go. They have 30 aircraft carriers 500 million soldiers and tanks as well as a gorillion aircraft all modern. What if you just had one aircraft carrier at max from the start, you'd cherish it probably, and when you build the 2nd you'll be careful and look close to its mantainment capabilities and other, because you did it and were just gifted.

We should also remember that there should be a divide between grand strategy game and national RP. You rp by making a however you want nation wherever you want maybe make some objectives for the nation, rp every aspect of your nation, the leaders, army, the people, a random little event etc. This RP wont be a CK2 or HOI4 of the words.

I end this post with ladies, gentlemen and Eva, you all suck.

• Upvote 1

Yeet on all the fascists, viva la revolution mofo - Josip Broz for all dem Titos and Tities

10 hours ago, Rimski said:

Rimski it is not just that, but say in my Invasion of Mogartopia, Mogar could have roleplayed resisting the Calondian menace (As Poland *kind of* did), after war is over in-game Mogar could have done an RP about liberating their homeland, they could have done propaganda, they could have said their were doing guerrilla tactics against Imperial forces, Mogar could have done 100 things to make the RP more interesting but he never does. All he does is grow his empire on the map and RP with his friends and then complain that the RP is dying. I find it so ironic he is always saying ideas to "improve" the RP without actually doing any more RP which is what people want: more content. I would rather have someone reply to my threads and have fun rather than just ignore and do their little clique RP where no one else is invited nor replied to. I have also replied to some of those "clique" threads and every-time I am also ignored. The answer is obvious but they do not want to RP with anyone else it seems.

• Downvote 1

On 7/9/2019 at 2:08 PM, Mayor said:

And I'm not gonna lie, Holy Britannian Empire was a Calondian target this war. And you better believe I would have RP every bit of that war and may still do so...

Wait what war?

Why was I never told of this, lemme mobilize my troops real quick

All in all, two things

1. I like the idea of one setting like WW2 because it's arguably the best time period for war and growth. With one simple trick, Germany went from a smolboy to Europe back to not-existing.

2. LIke @Rimski said, it's a rp, not a Grand Strategy game, we have steam for that

If we get enough people to be down for a new proper fleshed out, wholesome, non-mogar type RP, I'll be the first to sign up

Dibs on Turkey and my Neo-Ottoman dream

or another attempt at Britannia

• Like 1

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

People who cling to the concepts of a "fair and balanced rp" in a nation sim. Are basically trying to make a game on top of this one.. which isn't necessary. They think that fair and balanced is defined by arbitrary rules.. and it isn't. You want a fair and balanced game, rely on the system as it has been created. Play the ups and downs of your nation as they happen within the context of the game world of Orbis. Bring your actual nation to life rather than fabricating a falsity in the hopes of propping yourself up. 

Besides.. it's a game of pixels. If you're taking pride in your numbers, you're taking pride in the wrong thing. I hope there's a lot more to your nations than mere stats or your rp is at best...

Mediocre and hollow.

Dragonisia, for instance, is currently a blasted and cratered wasteland of prideful Dragons fighting a brutal war lead by a hive mind Emperor and the nation itself spans multiple realities (seriously, half its rp doesn't even take place on this world).. I take pride on its rise and its fall, not because of numbers, but because it is cool and well written, its constituents fighting with honor and reliably to its allies. I rely purely on the game itself to dictate its rise and fall so that may role in determining my own scope of power is actually limited.

?

Combining all the forums into one is not at all simplification. It is the induction of confusion, an attempt to squelch RP that is not in likeness to the popular norm among all the other traffic.. which is usually garbage that last.. maybe 3 months then dies out. Arbitrary systems.. are very prone.. to utter collapse. People do not like to be restricted because someone else perceives their power as "unfair" and obsess over it. Everyone is a crater once in a while..

... Unless you're just.. bad... at picking sound allies and political maneuvering or something. Then you might not get out of the crater.

My suggestion: No rules other than basic Free Form rules. Break the forum down into categories so people can do sci-fi, fantasy, modern.. or my favorite Game-Related. That's pretty much the only categories you need. Game related, btw, is fairly open ended as a category title because nations represented in game can span the gambit of the categories and I am creative enough to engage them all.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex
  • Upvote 1

V̢ͭ̔ͣͯͫ͐ͥ̄͗ͬ̄ͭ͏̹͖̺̲͕̦͉̣̙́i̡͕͙̺̗̻̹̘͇̋̽̆ͮ̈́́ͭ͢͢͞n̢̛̫̘͎̝̪̪͔̙̗̘͚͇͚̣̦ͫ̊ͩ͊͌͘͜͝i̡̱̭͉͔̘̖̠̲̺̍͐ͯ̌̈̾̾́̔͑̋ͬͯ̑̚͠ ̸̷̨̜̦͓͖͖̹̫̹̖̮͙̻̻̹̺̞͍̙ͥ̏̃ͨ̓͑̏͊̀ͯ̉ͯ̒͒͗̄̚V̢̢̡̙̻̳̘͖̖̟͚̣̬̏͐ͮ͒̎̈̽̽̾̂̔̅ͩͪͦ̑̿̏̍ͅͅi̶͍̮͈͇̰̫̯͉̜͒́̉̊̓̚͘̕ḑ̸͈̟̫̹̟͓̹̠͇̗͖̤̥̰̲̬ͮ̉ͫi̴͔̪͍͇͌̋̆̃͆̈̔ͧ͆̎̋ͥͫͫ́͢͠ ͕̞̠̯͍̫͚̪̺͓̣̦̖ͧ̓ͬ̎̀͝ͅV̴̨̤̙͔̥͍̟̦̥̺̟̯͔̤̫ͬͮ͑͌i̞͎̹͇̻͎̘̳̮̤͙̯̩ͪ̂͌̐ͪ͐̓̃ͧ̈̓͛̎̄̈͞͡ͅd̸̵̬̫͔͙̀̓͐̈́͜͡e͍̝̗̱̝͈̣̤̜̳͑̓͂̈ͯͤ̕͡v̸̖̰̟͈̠̰̣̮̦ͭ̆̑ͮͮ̾͊ͤ̒̊̊ͯ̈́ͬ͌ͭ̚͜ȏ̧͊̿͑ͯ̚͏̲̣̩̼͙ṙ̴̴̠̗̼̥͈̣̌͋̃̔̎̿ͨͥ͗̈̋̋̆̐̀ͩͦ̕͘͜ͅá̵̦͎̣͇̦̙͙͖̟̣̲̳̘̣̣̳̝͊̈́̐̇̑̔̈̉͒̆ͬv̵̨̭̝̯̫̞̜̭̭̘ͦͧͭ͋̂ͣͨͮ̑ͪͤ͌ͣ̒̽̾̾͢͠͡î̛̞̟̤͍̰̂ͪ͛̒̍̅͒̉̅ͥͯ̌̽̈́̾̈͛̏͡ț̷̲̟͎̰̟͇͖͖̻̼̰̞͎̯͚͚ͩͧͨ̆͗̕͢.̵̢̦̭̳̗͖͙̼̜̩̖̹̤͓͔̈́ͫ̂͊ͩͮͤ̕͢͡ͅ ̴̡̰̙̙͕̩͈̩̻͕̰̠͑̅̔ͩ͛ͩ͆̂̀̋ͬ͂̑̔I̶̢͇̖͖̥̠̳̘͚̓͋ͮͮ̊̽ͯ̈̽̒̓ͮ͂ͨ́͠f̶̴̥̗̙̳̫̜̥̗̞̳̍̅̎̍̒̒ͮ̇̈̊̿̚̕ ̸̢͕͇̜̙̩̭̮̱̈̓͆ͨ̄ͥͮ̽ͧ́́͘ͅy̡̱͚̺͈̳̤̺̞͎̻̮̣̤̘͖̥̗̬͒̊̉̅̆ͧ́͛̌̑ͣ̿̾͋̊̀͜͟͡o͚̳̯͙̬̦͉͚͙̦ͣͥ̿̏̌ͩ͗͌̎̆ͫ̌̿ͫͩͥ̕͝ͅu̷̲̘̖̯͈ͪ̔̇ͥͧ̈́̓ͬ̓͑ͨ̋̓̃̅͜͜ͅ ̸̢̖͇̜͖̺̙̲͙̻̫̝̣̗̈ͦ́͞a̶̢̢̰̻̰͍͎͙̺̪̪ͯͯ̄̋ͮ̒͛̅ͬ͆͐ͧ̃ͬͤ͛ͯ͟r̷̟̦͈͈̥̤̖̤͔͎̤͉̜̼͇͇ͭ͂ͩ̔ͥ̀͋ͨ̈́̊͐̈̆͒̓̃̎́̕͘͝e̶̱͓̜͙ͩ͒ͪ̂͛̋͆̈̂̌̌̒̂̐ͪ͗̓͐͠͞ ̴ͦ̉̏̓ͨͬ̐̓͛ͦ̽ͮ̎̎̓͟͏̶͏͖̩͙͕̗̘͉̯̫̹̱̺̻̞͇á̴̧̮̹̜͓͕͒̽̈ͤͪͮ͋̊̑̔ͤ͂̉͑͛̚͜t̛ͪͮ̈́̋̉͏̮̫͓͙̲͔̼ ̴̵͎̫̝̼͈̰͇̑͋ͤͩͮ͘w̵̡̥̫͉̯̯̭̪͈̜͎̤͇̙͎͖̳̝͛̄̔ͯ͐̓̅ͩ͑̃ͤͥ̕͢a̵̡̡ͦͫ͊ͣ̍̓͐͒̈̒ͧ͌̉͛͏͖͕̜͉͉r̵̛̘̞͙͕̉̄̔́̉̓ͯ͌̾̓̄͞͡ ̨͊̇̊͏̛͓͕̘̤͟͞w̢͚͎̥̙̜̠̻̫̹̮̦͛̑͒͋̏͗̊͜͞i̸̶̧͖͈̥͚̭̰̦̞̫̥̬̰̝͍̬̗̦͚̲ͨͨ̉͟t̸̵̵͖̦͉͕̱͇̐͑ͧ̋͆̀̔ͯͨ͌͆̚ḧ̵̛͎̫̬̣̩͇̥̞̭̼̜̩͕̈̐̂̌̍̎ͬͭ͌͠ ̛̘̫͔̹͓̻̗̻̲͉̞̞͚̩̯̮ͪ̔̌̿̍ͦ̀ͥ̍̎̿ͨ̽̀́͢͠m̶̶̡̭͎͎̤̩̹̩̞͇̦̼̳̝̑̅̑͛̽ͭ̅̓̆̍ͫͮ́̄͘ͅeͬ̊ͨ͂̿ͨ̊͝҉̸̺̰̯̤͚̖͜ͅ,̡͎̖͇̙͎̿ͨ̆ͤ̑́͡ ̷̸̫̲͕̻̫̰͇̖̳̗̙ͮ́̓̉ͯͭ̀́͜ͅp̆͐ͥ̐͒ͦ̐͊̂̓̈̊̽ͫ͊̊̇ͨ͠͏̸̼̘̦̺͈̠̰̤͚̝͙̰̺̩̰r̛͙̩̭͚̞͇̩̥̼̦ͯ̇̃̐̂̔ͫͯͫ̏ͭͤ̑̀̽̾͗ͫ̓̀̕͡ͅe̛̳͖͚͇͎͑͑̓̍̓͗͗̓̄ͦ͠͝͡p̸̘̮͉̼̯̲̻͔͕͇͖͖̟̗̭̹̘͚̗ͩ͗͛̉͒ͥ̀̌̆ͩͤ̃ͨ̽̿͒ͨ͠͠a̸̷͒̒̍̀͗͑͜͏̱̘̘̲̮̯̳̘̀r͙̜̝̲̯̝͔̦̺̗͉͚͉͙͍̠̓ͦ͊̿ͬ̈ͪ͂̌̚͟͡͡ͅe̶̪̱̪̟̣͉͉̹͈̫͇̝̪̮̙ͯ͂̈̈̓ͦ̍̂̾̏ͪ̏ͭͧ͛ ̷̧̭̝̺̗̟ͬ̾̏ͫ̕t̷̵̡͓͔̜͙̘͈̲͈̳ͦ̊̇̽̅̄̀ͮ̒ͪ͆̑̓͊́͝ͅǫ̶͈̞͚̹̻̤̲̙͖̪̍̃̐̏ͦͪͦͤͩ̽̿̿ͮͪ̿̀͂̀͡ ̡̤̹̲̜̪̞̽̽̓ͥ̒ͨ͊̐ͫ͗ͫ̐̈́̑ͥ̕͢͡b̴̨̨̛̦͇̪̠̺͔͙̤̜̉͐̓̌̀͟ͅͅë̢̼͔̗̰̦̼̘̯̟̩͚́͗͆͒͋̀͆̑̋ͩ̉̒͊ͬ͊̃ͪ̆͊͟͡ ̵̡̛̳̜̦̱͎̞ͤͣ̏͒ͯ̇̈́͗ͮ̇̎ͬͧc̴͍̞̼̹ͨͭ̇̒͌͗̉ͥͥ͗̓̎̌̅͒ͭ̇̅́o̧̧̤̘͕̬̰̣͔͖̘̥͖̜̐ͥ́ͤ̒̔͘͠ͅņ̶̛͔͎͍͉ͪ̾̃ͦ͛̈́̒̅̒s̶̷̸̙͍̹͎̬̜̦̞̤̥̦̙̞̥͚͈̬̋̃͒ͮ͒ͪ̆ͩͯ̒͋̾̒̾͋̅͌̓͡ǔ̶͚͈̠̭̻̜̉ͪ́̓ͩͤ̅̌̌̈̍ͤ̾̌͛ͥ͗ͦ͟͜͞m̛̯̪̘͍̜͕͕̞̤͖͉͉͔̞͙͈͓̐ͦͯ̽ͬ͒̾ͣ̓̒̔͛ͤ̎̏̈͜͝è̵̱̜̯̙͔̜̝͙̼̬̤̥̒̒ͣ͒̈́͊̀́̕͟ḑ̧̅͂̈͌̔ͧͤ̋ͤ́́̒̂̋͗͆ͮ̚҉̙͚̬̻͎͚̤͞.̴̨̺̜̟̯̹̪͋̋͆ͫͧ̐̔ͩ̉͌̋͋͞

>!

12 hours ago, Mayor said:

Rimski it is not just that, but say in my Invasion of Mogartopia, Mogar could have roleplayed resisting the Calondian menace (As Poland *kind of* did), after war is over in-game Mogar could have done an RP about liberating their homeland, they could have done propaganda, they could have said their were doing guerrilla tactics against Imperial forces, Mogar could have done 100 things to make the RP more interesting but he never does. All he does is grow his empire on the map and RP with his friends and then complain that the RP is dying. I find it so ironic he is always saying ideas to "improve" the RP without actually doing any more RP which is what people want: more content. I would rather have someone reply to my threads and have fun rather than just ignore and do their little clique RP where no one else is invited nor replied to. I have also replied to some of those "clique" threads and every-time I am also ignored. The answer is obvious but they do not want to RP with anyone else it seems.

Why would I bother RPing against game mechanics? Relating any RP directly to another game is a naive route to go about. You never did anything that was related to my own RP beyond attack me in-game, there was no backstory to allow for an IC reasoning, and while whoever else ignored you, I acknowledge all players on map based RP, which leads to my own desire to ensure there is no egregious acts are possible.

The dream would be something where nobody is invincible, but basic concepts of strategy are still an aspect of how a war is gonna go rather than simply believing whatever fantasy your Utopia has created.

FUN FACT: Not a single person in NatRP has attempted to use an EMP against me.

Maelstrom up there is actually one of my favorite RPers because he has always had a willingness to determine that an army of 1000 dragonmen is worth more about the same as an army of 10,000 regular soldiers, or whatever hypothetical scenario the evas of the world desired.

All it takes is a desire to write a good story rather than refusal to ever take a loss.

20 minutes ago, Mogar said:

Why would I bother RPing against game mechanics? Relating any RP directly to another game is a naive route to go about.

"In-Game roleplay of events that involve or affect your nation."

Copied directly from the National Affaris forums so I don't understand why you think basing RP on my in-game nation is so weird. I just think people should post more and not adhere to such a restrictive set of rules.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mayor said:

"In-Game roleplay of events that involve or affect your nation."

Copied directly from the National Affaris forums so I don't understand why you think basing RP on my in-game nation is so weird. I just think people should post more and not adhere to such a restrictive set of rules.

Not everyone bases their in game nations to the one in the RP. It doesn't say that in-game actions must have an effect in the rp and vice versa, it can, but that means the RP is just a game dependent on politics of PnW, RNG age and etc. That leads to issues where younger nations are at an disadvantage and etc. Dont you realize if you declare on someone in-game you get countered and bashed.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, Mayor said:

This subforum is for separate National Affairs roleplay related specifically to a single world-map.

This roleplay subforum is intended to be an entirely separate entity from the National Affairs roleplay post

I can copypasta too, I also want you to actually take the steps back enough to realize that bringing along potentially hundreds or thousands of people to war in-game over RP grudges would likely not lead to a healthy political base for a lasting game.

We all seem to want nteraction, just nobody seems interested in potentially losing said interaction. I have been willing to take a loss but that requires someone to actually play politics, otherwise I will continue to RP as I have and await somebody who actually wants to treat the great game scenario as though their choices had consequences.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lol you completely miss the point, both of you. I am saying why don't you post more and contribute more so maybe there is more activity (because this thread is about trying to increase activity in the NatRP and you both are very active) and you both just find reasons to just continue doing what you have done before. I am not saying you can't have your sub-forums or w/e kind of role-play but don't be surprised when nothing changes. Couldn't you have your special RP forum but also post more for in-game NatRP?

"I have been willing to take a loss but that requires someone to actually play politics, otherwise I will continue to RP as I have and await somebody who actually wants to treat the great game scenario as though their choices had consequences."

The problem isn't that you are not willing to take a loss under certain circumstances, the problem is your strict set of rules and guidelines for even wanting to engage with others is not appealing to many of the RPers. Whatever is decided for the sub-forums I guarantee that just the usual suspects will even post there but have fun I guess.

• Upvote 1

I am more than happy to take a loss, write more than "Sends all the tanks and planes that are invincible for some reason!".

You claim you care about RP but then completely disregard the fact you ain't invading regular islands without any defenses, my entire schtick has been designing a society where I have little control and an occupying power would have a far less enjoyable time. I wish you could understand how little I give a frick about my in-game nation, logging in every 6 hours to feel like I won a fictional war is something I may have done in 2006, but nobody has time for that level of forced participation.

"Make mire posts to improve interaction" 

That's a great idea except we did that, we cannot make a lot of headway, some rules prevent us fro engaging in things in the rp, and if we were to only rp internal things happening, then whats the point of other people being therr and the map?

Send your leader or an emissary, I will meet whoever needed in order to prove my desire for a world where we all can get along. The problem I have noticed is that I don't mind dying but others may have issues with such a scenario, come and have a real conversation.

Eva, you most importantly must partake, I don't care for many in this world but you are a critical part of the global family. Perhaps others were less willing to work with you but I have always struggled with simply joining you and ending the rest of them. I want you to join a new world, work with me to ensure you and all others can join a world where we all can be content.