Blatantly Self-Serving War suggestion Volume 2

Sweeeeet Ronny D

9 hours ago, Tiberius said:

That's entirely subjective. CN is an example of a game where the admin completely didn't give a frick and it's still going now. The issue with CN is that active people left and the void never got replaced. I'd also argue the admin changing the game mechanics once it was established and made things worse.(changing the amount of tech that could be sent)

No it's not. Nobody argues CN isn't dead. NPO doesn't even argue that CN isn't dead. They know it's dead. They just argue it wasn't their fault as some people claim, and frankly they're more victims of circumstance in that as far as I can tell.

CN is dead. You say because the admin didn't care. Do... You realize an admin which does not care, is an admin which does not spend much time actually updating and making the game better? Food for thought. 

People say technology killed CN. I, and any reasonable person reading your post would say, admin who cares would've done and changed something about it. He didn't, so he changed next to nothing of any real importance. 

• Downvote 1

16 hours ago, Akuryo said:

Yes, because I didn't research literally every successful MMO to exist I'm full of shit. It's totally not that you're a disingenuous tard nugget who wants to promote an endless status quo that allows his side to effortlessly change nothing while slowly strangling the game through stagnate development and wars lasting 1/3 of a year.

I see you listed CN in an example above. You realize it died specifically because of a lack of change right? Sit your ass down and learn what you're talking about before you speak.

How long do you think wars should last?  CN worsened as Kevin changed the game mechanics and still runs. As for you, I think as a newer player to the game you should really listen before you speak.

14 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Fella, we brought up half a dozen and that doesn't even scratch the surface, since there's thousands and thousands of examples in our favor and almost literally none in your favor. Game balance needs to be consistently tweaked since, as Tiberius accurately said,

Since that's true, the game must be constantly tweaked to compensate for those emergent imbalances, so that the game doesn't end up with all of us playing the same way with no creativity. Arguing that making changes drives people away is absolutely invalid; changes need to be made to keep pace with the meta in *all* successful perpetual multiplayer environments. That's not even questionable. The exact changes can be debated over and tested endlessly, but change is still a constant necessity.

He brought up one.  The game is balanced. You saying it needs to be constantly tweaked doesn't make it so. We're playing creatively within the current mechanics and everyone from the opposing side appears to want these changes.  The changes aren't just not needed, but actively harm the game.

21 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

No it's not. Nobody argues CN isn't dead. NPO doesn't even argue that CN isn't dead. They know it's dead. They just argue it wasn't their fault as some people claim, and frankly they're more victims of circumstance in that as far as I can tell.

CN is dead. You say because the admin didn't care. Do... You realize an admin which does not care, is an admin which does not spend much time actually updating and making the game better? Food for thought. 

People say technology killed CN. I, and any reasonable person reading your post would say, admin who cares would've done and changed something about it. He didn't, so he changed next to nothing of any real importance. 

CN's still going.  Kevin has never cared and it's run.  It's far older than PW and is still running.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

GICjEwp.gif

I mean sure @ComradeMilton, if your only criteria is that the servers haven't been shut down yet and a meagre number of people still log on to do the equivalent of collect a daily login bonus, in a political simulator that hasn't had a major war in... How long? Over a year? And where activity is so low and the game so abandoned by basically the entire playerbase that literally one alliance is most of said playerbase?

Then sure, CN is doing SMASHING! But by literally any other metric that doesn't judge "living happily" as starting at being a vegetative coma and going up to all your dreams coming true, CN is in a vegetative coma and the power of attorney should pull the plug to end it's suffering.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Then sure, CN is doing SMASHING! But by literally any other metric that doesn't judge "living happily" as starting at being a vegetative coma and going up to all your dreams coming true, CN is in a vegetative coma and the power of attorney should pull the plug to end it's suffering.

I didn't claim what you're saying I did. At least you did admit CN is not dead.

GICjEwp.gif

2 hours ago, Hariff said:

Not that it particularly matters, @Alex but it doesn't seem to me like Fraggle will be moving off the top nation score spot anytime too and even if someone tries to catch up they have very little chance unless the entire game throws money at their military, nation etc 

Still unfeasible as the 1 nuke per day limit is keeping anyone who starts now ~550 nukes behind, if I recall Fraggle's nuke count correctly, and cities get extremely expensive. If someone tried to catch up in infra, it would make more sense for Fraggle to forgo a few nukes fighting the person. The immense amount of infra damage, due to the high cost of the infra at the level required to even come close to competing, would greatly exceed the nuke's cost and score loss.

1 hour ago, ComradeMilton said:

CN's still going.  Kevin has never cared and it's run.  It's far older than PW and is still running.

CN has 2,853 nations in existence. PaW has 17,578 as of now.

I didn't claim what you're saying I did. At least you did admit CN is not dead.

Congrats, you know one of the many definitions of the word "dead." How fricking obtuse can you be? CN is dead.

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

29 minutes ago, WISD0MTREE said:

Congrats, you know one of the many definitions of the word "dead." How fricking obtuse can you be? CN is dead

You admitted one line up that there are just under 3,000 players.  That's not dead at all.

GICjEwp.gif

2 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

Imagine that in PnW every time you lost a war you retooled your nation, but all your troops get 1% stronger. After a huge amount of playing, the game would become a shitshow. That’s basically what RotMG became, and it became too easy so I quit.

That would be something that would need to be changed in PW to happen. The game is balanced; no reason to change that.

GICjEwp.gif

3 hours ago, Akuryo said:

The vast majority of players here and in CN are guided by a minority. If those disappear and are replaced by incompetent and less active people then the whole politics side of the game degrades. You end up left with 1 or 2 people to run an alliance. Without direction and leadership the membership will slowly leave, because nothing is happening. This is what has killed CN as a sim, not a lack of game changes. The tech changes compounded the issues and didn't help. CN pretty much ran actively for 10-11 years before gov inactivity kicked in without hardly any major game changes. CN could easily come back to life if there was enough competent people to run alliances and could dedicate the time to it. 

I do like that Alex does make changes here and there so long as they are minor ones. Major changes are risky. There is no guarantee any change will have the long term effect you wish for. If you are having to constantly change mechanics then changes are always knee jerk with no forethought to how it will shape the game in the long term. 

• Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

Your definition of balanced is different than mine apperantly.

my point there was that a game mechanic that is exploited that makes the game too easy (like suiciding yourself many times to “feed” your pet) would be unbalanced. Right now you’d be stupid to not think that the war system needs a redo, as planes are too strong.

The war system doesn't need a redo. Planes are not too strong. People are misusing them and then instead of trying to learn are begging Sheepy to change the game to something else, thinking that'll change things and it won't. Our side has fantastic strategists and we'd adapt. Which is just what you could be doing now and finding success without Sheepy having to hold your hand while doing it.

37 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

also nice dodge on the 3k number

The explicit acknowledgement of it as evidence of CN not being dead was a dodge?

GICjEwp.gif

3 hours ago, ComradeMilton said:

You admitted one line up that there are just under 3,000 players.  That's not dead at all.

From the dictionary:

no longer having interest, relevance, or significance - Seeing as how PaW has almost 6 times as many nations as CN despite PaW having been around for a fraction of the time, I would argue CN's relevance and significance is minimal, if existent.

lacking in gaiety or animation - I haven't played CN, but from what I've heard, there is a severe lack of dynamic™ political action. A certain alliance has held the top spot for ages. Some have said the spheres there haven't changed in a long time, nor have the leaders or influential players been replaced.

devoid of former occupants - Seems self explanatory since the population of CN has declined in recent years. While there are a few former occupants, the number has significantly dropped in recent years. Using linear approximation from random dates where I could find archives over the past 3 years, CN will have no players by Q1 of 2021.

Would you feel better if we called it a dead game walking instead of a dead game?

Which is just what you could be doing now and finding success without Sheepy having to hold your hand while doing it.

k

R1TQoz7.png

FrB5W2f.png

RSmqtUP.png

axxgHr0.pngDtN2F8m.png

9 hours ago, CandyShi said:

500,000 African Elephants have existed, at one point or another (random number can’t exactly google it in China). Therefore, elephants are not going extinct extinct.

I had to adjust your analogy here to match what you said because if thousands of elephants remain alive they are absolutely not extinct.

9 hours ago, CandyShi said:

2900 CN accounts exist, therefore it’s not dead

You, and others, have been the ones to claim CN is dead, not me.

7 hours ago, WISD0MTREE said:

From the dictionary:

no longer having interest, relevance, or significance - Seeing as how PaW has almost 6 times as many nations as CN despite PaW having been around for a fraction of the time, I would argue CN's relevance and significance is minimal, if existent.

CN's been around about 1.5x as long as PW. That's not a fraction.

7 hours ago, WISD0MTREE said:

R1TQoz7.png

FrB5W2f.png

RSmqtUP.png

axxgHr0.pngDtN2F8m.png

Yeah, I don't have to actually worry about taking damage. I'm covered for that so I can attack even when if it damages me too.  I'm surprised the other side doesn't have that. That's going to be an advantage it seems we'll have even if your side successfully beg Sheepy to try to let you win without simply adapting to the game mechanics.  This whole thread is pitifull.

GICjEwp.gif

7 hours ago, ComradeMilton said:

CN's been around about 1.5x as long as PW. That's not a fraction.

even if your side successfully beg Sheepy to try to let you win

If you read my post, I said PaW was around for a fraction of the time, not the other way around.

I don't know what this is, other than winning.

DtN2F8m.png

40 minutes ago, WISD0MTREE said:

If you read my post, I said PaW was around for a fraction of the time, not the other way around.

I don't know what this is, other than winning.

DtN2F8m.png

If you are winning and Coalition B have a 2-1 advantage with more planes, then surely that shows planes aren't as OP as you make them out.

5 hours ago, WISD0MTREE said:

If you'd read what I posted with a little more care, I'm saying PW has only been around 50% longer than CN.  That's not a fraction.

GICjEwp.gif

35 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

If you'd read what I posted with a little more care, I'm saying PW has only been around 50% longer than CN.  That's not a fraction.

If you read what YOU posted with more care you'd realize it's physically impossible for PW to have existed LONGER than CN. 

That's just basic time. CN is still dead btw.

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

If you are winning and Coalition B have a 2-1 advantage with more planes, then surely that shows planes aren't as OP as you make them out.

Where did I say that?

5375-63116-original.jpeg&f=1

2 hours ago, Akuryo said:

If you read what YOU posted with more care you'd realize it's physically impossible for PW to have existed LONGER than CN. 

That's just basic time. CN is still dead btw.

Oh, typo.  Well, now you know what I'd intended to post.

I hope you let those 3000 players know that their game is dead

GICjEwp.gif

8 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

I hope you let those 3000 players know that their game is dead

I just checked their forums. They're aware of it.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

Active communities are so informative.

In their alliance affairs section, there's 2 threads that have been posted in this week.

kcXYrIB.jpg

And that top one? It's a news article, which includes this excerpt:

2S0xDWL.jpg

Your move.

18 hours ago, ComradeMilton said:

Alright, let's use what you meant.

For simplicity, let's assume PaW has been around for 4 years. If CN has been around for 50% time than PaW, 1.5*4=6. Therefore, it is safe to say that PaW has been around 4 of the 6 years CN has been around. 4 of 6 can be represented by the fraction 4/6. I stand by my statement that PaW has been around for a fraction of the time CN has.

Edited by WISD0MTREE
I should also point out 4/6 = 2/3, which is also a fraction.
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, WISD0MTREE said:

Where did I say that?

In the post I quoted of yours you are insinuating your are winning due to the positive stats. Yet your coalition is crying saying our air strategy is OP. Yet if you are winning against 2-1 odds and not using the plane strat as we are then that shows your strat is OP.

Just now, Tiberius said:

Yet your coalition is crying saying

So we can agree that I've never said it. It's just the usual salt found on both sides of any conflict.