Blatantly Self-Serving War suggestion Volume 2

Sweeeeet Ronny D

About planes I noticed that whales now have a crazy number of planes killed with a single attack, like 600+

I think there should be a cap or a reduction

In general I think units die too fast except for tanks in ground battles, the first 24-48 hours are for killing units, the rest of the war is more boring and slow

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 4:12 PM, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

So right now i think we all agree that Planes are the strongest unit in the game, as shown by people claiming that plane counts are a good indicator of who is winning and who is losing, and by the fact that people now fight wars with plane only military strategies.

Due to the over powering nature of planes, I feel that they should be worth more score wise.  Right now in a city, a full complement of ships is 30 NS, tanks is 62.5 and planes is 45.  I think we should double the ns score of planes to be equal to 90 NS.  Aka I think we should double how much score a plane counts for.

I feel like this change will give planes their proper weight in terms of their military importance, and it "may" just force people to use all of their military to fight rather than just their planes.

Also side note, I still believe that as a larger city, I should be able to declare war on anyone that can declare war on me.  So up declare range should be limited to 1.33 x their score not 1.75x, or the down declare range should be .5x score, and not .75x score.

No, don't try and excuse people who have no strategy. If all they want to use is planes *cough* Coaliton B *cough* then let them do it.

planes are the slowest way you can beige someone and are expensive to operate which is a way to drain your resources quickly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Deulos said:

No, don't try and excuse people who have no strategy. If all they want to use is planes *cough* Coaliton B *cough* then let them do it.

planes are the slowest way you can beige someone and are expensive to operate which is a way to drain your resources quickly.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, do you?

They're not beiging anyone. The strategy is to wipe your military with 3 guys and then hold you until the ear expires and send more.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Akuryo said:

Hold you until the ear expires and send more.

Not that I begrudge IQ their tactics, but they should really see an ENT about that. 

• Haha 2

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

7 hours ago, Akuryo said:

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, do you?

They're not beiging anyone. The strategy is to wipe your military with 3 guys and then hold you until the ear expires and send more.

You also have no strategy. You shouldn't let anyone hold you without launching missiles at them. I assure you they will try and beige you real fast then.

• Downvote 1

The greater problem is the disproportionate amount of damage planes do and their slow rebuild speed. Damage should be over all nerfed, hitting planes a little harder than others, and the rebuild timers should be changed to 3-4-4-4 instead of 3-5-6-5 days. We can't just keep fiddling with the war ranges when their are far deeper issues in the war system.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't make rebuild times all the same.  Different units taking different times makes things more dynamic.  I'd rather see some way to choose how many units you commit to defense.  The idea being you could put your units in a no defense stance and build them up before using them.  There'd have to be some restrictions for balance.

GnWq7CW.png

On 7/7/2019 at 5:18 PM, Deulos said:

You also have no strategy. You shouldn't let anyone hold you without launching missiles at them. I assure you they will try and beige you real fast then.

No, they won't. It's called Beige discipline. How absolutely uninformed and full of shit are you? 

• Downvote 1

• Administrators
On 7/5/2019 at 2:12 PM, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Also side note, I still believe that as a larger city, I should be able to declare war on anyone that can declare war on me.  So up declare range should be limited to 1.33 x their score not 1.75x, or the down declare range should be .5x score, and not .75x score.

I fundamentally disagree (which is why the war ranges are set the way they are, and also why you can always declare on the next 10 ranks above you.) Allowing you to down declare an equal range as up declare makes it too easy to stay on top.

The game is perpetual, and no one should be able to remain at the top forever. This aspect of the system is designed intentionally to prevent people from being on top for too long.

As for increasing the score from aircraft, I think that's fine.

• Like 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
On 7/5/2019 at 9:12 PM, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

So right now i think we all agree that Planes are the strongest unit in the game, as shown by people claiming that plane counts are a good indicator of who is winning and who is losing, and by the fact that people now fight wars with plane only military strategies.

Due to the over powering nature of planes, I feel that they should be worth more score wise.  Right now in a city, a full complement of ships is 30 NS, tanks is 62.5 and planes is 45.  I think we should double the ns score of planes to be equal to 90 NS.  Aka I think we should double how much score a plane counts for.

I feel like this change will give planes their proper weight in terms of their military importance, and it "may" just force people to use all of their military to fight rather than just their planes.

I said the same thing but also added cities, let's face it at the start of this war, GoB, CoS, Guardian and Rose top tier was able to down declare by up to 15 cities  with having max planes, max tanks, max ships.

Infra adds war so much nation score also compared to other areas.

3 hours ago, Alex said:

I fundamentally disagree (which is why the war ranges are set the way they are, and also why you can always declare on the next 10 ranks above you.) Allowing you to down declare an equal range as up declare makes it too easy to stay on top.

The game is perpetual, and no one should be able to remain at the top forever. This aspect of the system is designed intentionally to prevent people from being on top for too long.

To be fair, he said that in a tongue in cheek manner. Though a slight revision would help towards balance.

Edited by Shiho Nishizumi

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

On 7/12/2019 at 10:41 PM, Alex said:

Those at the top will likely always remain at the top due to the city advantage they have. In wars they fight less (this isn't to say they don't lose a lot), they have a bigger income etc. If you want people at the top to change then we need dynamic caps to slow their growth and allow those smaller to catch up or make it so that past a certain amount of infra/cities upkeep get's even more expensive. Maybe some kind of ahead penalty. 

Increasing score from aircraft will also push the one's at the top higher in score, meaning it is harder to up-declare and thus allowing those at the top to stay at the top. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

27 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Those at the top will likely always remain at the top due to the city advantage they have. In wars they fight less (this isn't to say they don't lose a lot), they have a bigger income etc. If you want people at the top to change then we need dynamic caps to slow their growth and allow those smaller to catch up or make it so that past a certain amount of infra/cities upkeep get's even more expensive. Maybe some kind of ahead penalty. 

Increasing score from aircraft will also push the one's at the top higher in score, meaning it is harder to up-declare and thus allowing those at the top to stay at the top. 

It'd double everybody's plane score, so not really. It only becomes a problem if you decide to sell out all your infra, which is a tactical choice, and not the fault of game mechanics. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Akuryo said:

It'd double everybody's plane score, so not really. It only becomes a problem if you decide to sell out all your infra, which is a tactical choice, and not the fault of game mechanics. 

We still have the same issue, just moving it up in score. Rather than solving the problem. It would be another band aid fix. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

We still have the same issue, just moving it up in score. Rather than solving the problem. It would be another band aid fix. 

Fair point. Scoring needs to be redone, honestly.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Fair point. Scoring needs to be redone, honestly.

There are definitely improvements that can be made. There needs to still be a variety of strategies that can be used too, rather than everyone ending up fighting the same way. Ultimately whichever way things get changed, tiering will most likely dictate what strategies are used, and we will likely end up back wanting to change things further. 

On 7/5/2019 at 10:56 PM, Micchan said:

About planes I noticed that whales now have a crazy number of planes killed with a single attack, like 600+

I think there should be a cap or a reduction

In general I think units die too fast except for tanks in ground battles, the first 24-48 hours are for killing units, the rest of the war is more boring and slow

A cap is an awful idea. I remember the dark days before scaling damages and how there was no way to destroy more units in a day than the other side could rebuy.

Also, I thought the strategy didn't work which is why you're all saying that you're winning and we're losing. Clearly the all planes strat needs to be buffed according to your propaganda.

Edited by Malal
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

1 minute ago, Malal said:

A cap is an awful idea. I remember the dark days before scaling damages and how there was no way to destroy more units in a day than the other side could rebuy.

When in God's name was that a thing? Awful idea.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Akuryo said:

When in God's name was that a thing? Awful idea.

In the dark times known as Alpha, when the biggest whale in the game had a dozen cities and GPA actually decided to fight a war.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

On 7/12/2019 at 5:43 PM, Mohammad.badawy4 said:

I like the idea of doubling planes, since it would make it harder for a 20c whale wiht max planes and no mil to declare war an a 10c and wipe out thier units.

People would simply halve their plane count to hit and rebuy after.

• Downvote 1