Why no power?

Zontar

3 minutes ago, Zontar said:

So 0.27 is not enough?  It has to be 1.00 or greater?

As long as you have at least 1 unit of oil on your nation, you'll be fine. The 0.27 per turn will make sure you stay powered. If you have less than 1 oil stockpiled in your nation, you'll have no power. Same goes for coal or uranium plants.

2 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

As long as you have at least 1 unit of oil on your nation, you'll be fine. The 0.27 per turn will make sure you stay powered. If you have less than 1 oil stockpiled in your nation, you'll have no power. Same goes for coal or uranium plants.

So I need to increase oil drilling until the excess is 1 or greater?  (Meaning that I need to buy more oil wells?)

Edited by Zontar

23 minutes ago, Zontar said:

So I need to increase oil drilling until the excess is 1 or greater?  (Meaning that I need to buy more oil wells?)

Nope. You just need to have 1 oil on your nation. Like how at the top of the page it says you have, say, 5,000 food for example. The icon for oil needs to be 1 or greater. 

Meaning you produce enough oil to keep it going, you just need to physically have 1 or more oil for it to start working.

44 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Nope. You just need to have 1 oil on your nation. Like how at the top of the page it says you have, say, 5,000 food for example. The icon for oil needs to be 1 or greater. 

Meaning you produce enough oil to keep it going, you just need to physically have 1 or more oil for it to start working.

Oh... okay! :)  Thanks!

But wait! I have 29.4 oil listed at the top of the page.  Hmmm...does not compute?!?  I still don't have power. :(

6 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Oh... okay! :)  Thanks!

But wait! I have 29.4 oil listed at the top of the page.  Hmmm...does not compute?!?  I still don't have power. :(

Are you sure the manufacturing is unpowered? Manufacturing requires raw resources to turn them into, which you may have run out of.

Although as a small nation it's advisable for you not to manufacture at all. I'd reccomend you drop all manufacturing and the lead mine to max out oil Wells (max of 12 per city), as you will get a 50% production bonus. You can then sell the excess oil for money.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Are you sure the manufacturing is unpowered? Manufacturing requires raw resources to turn them into, which you may have run out of.

Although as a small nation it's advisable for you not to manufacture at all. I'd reccomend you drop all manufacturing and the lead mine to max out oil Wells (max of 12 per city), as you will get a 50% production bonus. You can then sell the excess oil for money.

A good idea!  I'll consider it as I learn the game better. :)