Rule change on Hiding Banks

Tiberius

@Alex with the rule addition on Hiding Banks, can I ask why hiding a bank in beiged Nations is not also against the rules? If a Nation gets max beige then they can't be attacked for 10+days.

5 attacking slots = 5 x 2 = 10

3 defensive = 3 x 2 = 6 

That's effectively a bigger exploit that the 14 days a new Nation gets.

Edited by Tiberius
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 5

• Administrators

I think we ought to just eliminate alliance bank looting as it's a mostly useless mechanic that just causes moderation headaches.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 13

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think we ought to just eliminate alliance bank looting as it's a mostly useless mechanic that just causes moderation headaches.

I can get behind that, but if you remove the bank loot then there should be some kind of compensation, such as a larger nation beige loot maybe? Lots of people go to war for the purpose of looting, and not looting a bank is a large stream of lost potential 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Alex said:

I disagree. Alliance bank looting favors the more skilled alliances. Plus, offshores, and them getting looted brings a lot of fun to the game when the community makes meme and shut about it. 

As for the moderation issues, it someone breaks the rules regarding hiding banks in VM nations, multis, new nations, etc, then as with any other rule, if they break it they pay the price. 

Arguably hiding banks on organically beiged nation's is just taking advantage of your enemies incompetence in beiging them. If you can hide it in new nations, you could just make a new country every 12 days and perpetually safe, no matter how disciplined and watchful your enemy.

Personally I think blockading alliances could be an interesting mechanic. Like blockading all enemy members blockades their bank from being sent out, or blockading x members blockades a % of the bank equal to some % they make up in the AA (numbers, score, cities, etc). It may not be feasible either, but it's a better concept for stopping beige invulnerability imo.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

14 hours ago, Alex said:

Oh yes, let's just drop a major benefit of war because Alex is too lazy to moderate banks. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/2/2019 at 6:40 AM, Alex said:

It's factually incorrect that this mechanic is useless. Looting is in fact a motivation for many people to war in the first place.

You can't take a complaint serious in which someone compares the beige awarded to a nation through the incompetence of opponents (by removing resistance to 0 instead of letting the war expire) to beige that is given to a new nation which is totally out of the hands of opposing nations.

It is completely beyond me how someone is seriously making this argument. And you shouldn't remove bank looting because it's too bothersome for you to moderate rule breakings or because you don't want to deal with the ludicrous argument the original poster is trying to make.

• Upvote 2

On 7/2/2019 at 7:40 AM, Alex said:

If you increase the base nation loot take I wouldn't really be opposed to this. Its incredibly difficult to have your bank looted as it is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

XLL3z4T.gif

4 hours ago, Mitsuru said:

It's factually incorrect that this mechanic is useless. Looting is in fact a motivation for many people to war in the first place.

You can't take a complaint serious in which someone compares the beige awarded to a nation through the incompetence of opponents (by removing resistance to 0 instead of letting the war expire) to beige that is given to a new nation which is totally out of the hands of opposing nations.

It is completely beyond me how someone is seriously making this argument. And you shouldn't remove bank looting because it's too bothersome for you to moderate rule breakings or because you don't want to deal with the ludicrous argument the original poster is trying to make.

Stop getting your panties in a twist. This isn't a complaint, it's in discussions for frick sake. I was posing the question to get an understanding of the thought process behind it being cheating. There is many parallels with this cheat that is legally allowed. So if it is illegal as it's not a player made beige, it would be nice to know that information going forwards.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 4

• 2 months later...