The Shitposting and the Damage Done. [RE: Hyperborea Disbandment]

Guest San Fortunado

Guest San Fortunado

This is the second side of the story to Shifty's last SNN posted 17 hours ago. 

Sorry for a late response, I didn't know what to post at the time and if it would be at all appropriate, but after thinking it through, I owe it to everyone involved to give them the truth, not some souped up summary of what happened last night. I also owe it to SAXON to clear his name and to note that Shifty deserved better than what I gave him last night in those DMs last night. No logs will be posted in respect to everyone here, just the facts of said case and how this was entirely MY fault.

Without wasting any more of your time, let me just get right into it.

First the facts:

SAXON was telling me he was contacting Rose, SK, and others on the other side to cut down on attacks. 
In the midst of this, other members of Hyperborea were thinking about whether we should be peacing out of the war, and most of the alliance was inactive, being kicked for inactivity, or just being plain useless.
HOWEVER, SAXON never actually spoke to the other side (according to logs and his statement to me) about white peace. (This would be found out thirty minutes after Hyperborea disbands.)

Shifty came on hours later and jokily asked what was going on to which I stated that SAXON had been contacting the other side and doing FA in a pursuit to get peace.
He demanded logs, which SAXON was afk at the time and I did not have said logs. Shifty asked why SAXON did this, and I jokily said we assumed he (Shifty) was dead.
This led to another DM between Shifty and myself where he asked for logs, and I said that I did not have them.
This led to Shifty accusing SAXON and I of trying to coup him (Shifty). I laughed and said, coup what? His inactive 7 members? I then went on to say that the bank was mainly SAXON, so there was nothing to be had there. He stated that he had some stuff tied up in the banks, to which I said, still mainly SAXON's. 
Shifty then said if that's the case, then this is not a surrender or a coup, but a disbandment notice. I told him I would not argue for either case.

Shifty then posted to Hyperborea that he was disbanding in 24 hours and to find a new home cus Hyperborea is dead thanks to Saxon and Fien (me) being traitors. He then posted that post which you saw there and then decided to immediately delete both Hyperborea's server and in-game alliance then go into Vacation Mode for a year.

He then alerted all of his "allies" and informed them that SAXON was a traitor and why he disbanded Hyperborea. 

Why this is my fault, if it isn't obvious:

Shifty, without getting into much details since this is a public forum, trusted me as an online friend (as well as currently dealing with some IRL shit) and I took advantage of that for a shitpost. This led to a lot of damage and some irreparable costs. I hope that alliance leaders and gov viewing this can see that SAXON is clearly not a traitor and did nothing wrong. No, Shifty was not drunk and even though he did overreact, he is going through a lot of shit, and I shouldn't have let my apathy and my anger let me shitpost the way I did when he clearly needed serious responses from me. 

What I ask from you reading this:

Please leave SAXON and Shifty alone for right now and give them time to heal and gather up the pieces I blew around. I will go into VM starting after I am finished typing this and reconsider my priorities for this game and the community as well give myself a timeout for what I have done. I will put VM in for 69 Days in honor of Shifty. All work ordered by you guys for the graphic studios will be still done, do not worry. Thank you. 

TL;DR: SAXON isn't a traitor and you guys need to give him a break. Shifty didn't deserve the shitposting treatment from me that led to him quitting and I am putting myself into VM and giving myself a timeout for being an idiot.

-San Fortunado

Guest San Fortunado
4 minutes ago, what is property? said:

looking forward to your application

I don't know...Arrgh! doesn't seem like a micro that believes in its people.

what does that even mean? is there any standard of 'believing in our people' set somewhere on orbis we dont meet? because i highly doubt it.

Edited by what is property?
  • Upvote 2

Throw me to the wolves and I’ll return leading the pack.

Guest San Fortunado
2 minutes ago, what is property? said:

what does that even mean? is there any standard of 'believing in our people' set somewhere on orbis we dont meet? because i highly doubt it.

r/woosh

Guest San Fortunado
1 hour ago, Horsecock said:

This is a case study in how micros work internally. Thanks for typing it out for everyone to see, good read and good laugh.

I hate to be the one to tell you: All alliances are shit. 

I mean Pantheon had a gov that quit so he could spam about being a victimized black because somebody was antisemitic. 

BK and tCW has more leaks than my grandfather with dementia.

Soup is ran by two drama queens that think "The Soup is hot." is funny.

And KT has to deal with people like you.

Shifty did feel alienated from every other sphere and did say BK Sphere was where he'd make his final stand. So I do respect him making his final stand with them despite the odds, shame he quit if that's the case.

• Like 1

First off:  *while resisting quoting Tupac*  Saxon can defend himself if he is inclined to. And im gonna take an opportunity for a quick "I told you so". I wish none of this happened, and I hope everyone involved can heal and be friends again soon.

Everyone is dealing with shit. Everyone likes to shitpost and take advantage of that. It's the toxic nature of this community. It's sad when the most famous of the shitposters shitpost eachother and actually feel betrayed by their own shitposting buddies. Viva the SNN team. I hope we'll come together again in the future. ❤️

Love you guys. Get well soon. You know where to find me! Slide in the DMs, I got you through anything.

Edited by Kitschie
Spelling Dx
  • Upvote 2

? Kitschie 

4 hours ago, San Fortunado said:

I mean Pantheon had a gov that quit so he could spam about being a victimized black because somebody was antisemitic. 

Hey now, you haven't shit on TGH or Grumpy, c'mon surely you have something there ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest San Fortunado
2 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Hey now, you haven't shit on TGH or Grumpy, c'mon surely you have something there ;)

Tbh, I forgot about them, like everyone else does during peacetime.

36 minutes ago, San Fortunado said:

On the one hand, oof. On the other hand though, that's such an absurd, nonsensical statement that I can't even find it amusing.

4/10 ?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, San Fortunado said:

How could you forget about TGH rolling entire micros when they raid one of TGH's allies?

It’s good to post this, because it allows for others to think about how they communicate with others in this game and shows that toxicity happens everywhere. It’s really a shame because Shifty is a good dude who also happens to be one of the most interesting characters in this game. Thanks for the clarity and I hope this acts as a warning to others in the community to be more mindful of how your words may affect those around you.

• Upvote 1

On 7/1/2019 at 7:22 PM, San Fortunado said:

Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, you signed to bk.

the soup is hot

• Haha 1

ⲡⲓϣⲁⲉⲓ

On 7/1/2019 at 10:45 PM, San Fortunado said:

I don't know...Arrgh! doesn't seem like a micro that believes in its people.

I'd Arrghue with you that we trust our members so much more than any other alliance, that we've basically given them complete FA, IA and Milcom freedom for their independent nations. (And no this doesn't mean we don't care about each and every one of them, and we do our best to help and guide them, when we feel they need it or they ask for it).

• Upvote 1

tvPWtuA.gif

Guest San Fortunado
44 minutes ago, DragonK said:

I'd Arrghue with you that we trust our members so much more than any other alliance, that we've basically given them complete FA, IA and Milcom freedom for their independent nations. (And no this doesn't mean we don't care about each and every one of them, and we do our best to help and guide them, when we feel they need it or they ask for it).

r/whoosh for you too. Notice the word micro...though, nice propaganda.

I still consider Shifty a friend even if I’m not BK sphere anymore, as well as still have other friends on both sides this war which transcend spheres. Although easy to become a little more distant when no longer allied. 

Hopefully Shifty didn’t quit & this war doesn’t result in any quitting who happen to be on both sides. Good people on both sides, think a lot people he thought were friends suddenly weren’t when he wasn’t in their sphere. Which can happen when friendships are mostly based on political convenience. So he may have had few he really considered friends left, with friends being what motivates people to keep playing.

On 7/2/2019 at 12:07 AM, Sir Scarfalot said:

:sip:

Former leader of Chocolate Castle 4/1/2021

"It's pretty easy to get abused by Rosey without being a weirdo about it" - Betilius

"Rosey is everything I look for in a fighter" - partisan

"I’m very much not surprised that Lossi has you blocked tbh" - @MCMaster-095