SNN: Inquisition Civil Wars

Majima Goro

1 hour ago, Akuryo said:

Nobody ever told me about that, I just knew the first time I saw it was a big deal was during AC. ?

Oui. People threw a hissy fit even tho the said member continued with us for close to a year before going inactive. Something about trying to cheat when it wasn’t so :P but that’s where the beige/new player can’t hold a bank thing became a controversy. Hiding it in VM is a different case altogether.

6 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

Oui. People threw a hissy fit even tho the said member continued with us for close to a year before going inactive. Something about trying to cheat when it wasn’t so :P but that’s where the beige/new player can’t hold a bank thing became a controversy. Hiding it in VM is a different case altogether.

Well they can't see the future, can't blame them for what it looked like. 

The VM thing is AC then? I swear it was, i remember Polaris did it and Alex shot that idea right outta the sky.

29 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Well they can't see the future, can't blame them for what it looked like. 

The VM thing is AC then? I swear it was, i remember Polaris did it and Alex shot that idea right outta the sky.

Haha I mean his track record suggested otherwise (he’s been in the NPO for close to 8-10 years or something I think) but oui I digress. I still want Alex to send me my taxes back! 

Jokes apart yeah the Featherine hitting VM was AC. Or Eva with the bank? Either way that was Polar and that’s when Alex edited to rules to stop vm bank hiding but not new nation/protected beige hiding 

11 hours ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

None of what was done is/was against the rules at the time. The Sphinx thing is BS and now Alex is going to change everything because y'all are salty. Congrats?

Just find it funny that Epi and Shadowthorne upvoted this reply, even though precedents were already set that everything shown was against the rules.

Also, it’s funny how you’re claiming salt here.  Especially after you mass reported Horsemen for “slot filling” after they refused to cater to your side further.

Despite the fact that they were called into war by your side.  That’s some pretty poor handling of those who could’ve supported you.

• Haha 1

Just now, Buorhann said:

Just find it funny that Epi and Shadowthorne upvoted this reply, even though precedents were already set that everything shown was against the rules.

Also, it’s funny how you’re claiming salt here.  Especially after you mass reported Horsemen for “slot filling” after they refused to cater to your side further.

Despite the fact that they were called into war by your side.  That’s some pretty poor handling of those who could’ve supported you.

Was it in the rules prior to 24 hours ago? If so less newer alliances don’t know unwritten rules from 3 years ago. 

I haven’t reported anything. Unlike y’all who feel the need to block who actually messaged Alex. 

I have never been tied to horseman, and have no idea what their relationship with NPO is. Pretty sure that’s their business

• Like 1

Pretty sure offering payment to people to beige you while you do nothing has always been slot filling. Just that other people were smart enough not to get caught buying beige before.

1 hour ago, Shadowthrone said:

Jokes apart yeah the Featherine hitting VM was AC. Or Eva with the bank? Either way that was Polar.

I can’t remember who, but both have done it in 2 different conflicts.  Pretty sure Eva was AC though.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

So, put aside for a sec whether or not what sphinx did should count as rule breaking under current statutes. Do you really not see the difference in circumstances? One strategy is to attack enemy coalition nations in the hopes they will perform poorly and beige you, when they have every incentive and order not to. Often while also launching missiles or trying to get in damage on your way down, with any units you might have an edge in. The other is to attack an alliance in your sphere - the protectorate of your direct ally - and offering to pay them to deliberately assist you with beiges There is a world of difference between relying on enemies to frick up, and paying friendly third parties to assist you in circumventing your enemies.

It's flabbergasting to see people try and justify such obviously sketchy behavior. Sphinx has fricked up repeatedly now, be it for your side in by leaking your intel, trying to skirt the game rules by paying people to beige him, and continuing to spew stuff to Akuryo as if he were Nixon thinking himself untouchable by his own recordings. When Gandalf was being Gandalf I admitted he fricked up and we deserved all the shit we were getting. When the AC leaks happened we didn't try to justify it (aside from Blake explaining why he thought it prudent to speak with Boki), nor pretend we didn't frick up yet again.  This particularly sketchiness with beigeing - which sphinx tacitly admitted by feeling the need to leave TCW to cover it up - didn't need to reflect back on anybody but him. By defending him you chose to make his actions your own.

Both are wrong. You don't get to ride the high horse when your hands are dirty too. It's simply shenanigans debating which is more wrong. The crime is the same no matter the way you go about committing it.

• Downvote 11

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Both are wrong. You don't get to ride the high horse when your hands are dirty too. It's simply shenanigans debating which is more wrong. The crime is the same no matter the way you go about committing it.

Uhhhhhhh no. What Sphinx did is cheating and that's why Alex ended his wars. We can't even control if your side ends up beiging us so there is certainly no "crime".

Your sides continued attempts to equivocate these two things is a bit suspicious and makes me wonder if this was a more widespread action done by your coalition that you are now attempting to downplay.

I recommend you DM Alex if you don't believe me regarding the difference between these two things. Something tells me you won't though. 

Edited by Smith

C0r3Fye.png

1 minute ago, Smith said:

Uhhhhhhh no. What Sphinx did is cheating and that's why Alex ended his wars. We can't even control if your side ends up beiging us so there is certainly no "crime". I recommend you DM Alex if you don't believe me. Something tells me you won't though. 

If you are intentionally hitting people to get beiged it's the same crime, you are trying to exploit the same mechanic. Sphinx paying simply increased his odds of being successful with it. This isn't to say I agree with what he did. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in this thread. 

Tbh when you look at it without bias what part is actually cheating?

1. Attacking a Nation to get beiged? Happens a lot.
2. Paying someone to carry out attacks? Happens a lot.

• Downvote 8

How disingenuous. Paying someone to carry out attacks, assuming it's not rule breaking like sphinx did, is called hiring mercenaries to hit someone. Which has been attempted on me a few times.

Guy could never pay up, or pay more than the swift beating those mercenaries would receive though. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Epi said:

I just need to restate this, in the logs provided Sphinx was to my knowledge agreeing to pay reps after he realized they were allied and subsequently peaced.

He was not buying beige! If anyone has evidence of that explicitly publish it.

If I do, will it shut you up?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Micchan said:

*beep beep*

Identified malfunction!
Ability to develop thoughts 12%
Human pretend ability 7%
Ability to distinguish when it is harmful to try to defend an ally 0%

*beep beep*
Critical problem, violation of the first law of roqbotics, high levels of damage to the reputation of the alliance

Leave your drivel for IC matters this is OOC. Also learn to read.

• Downvote 6

Pay me $20m upfront and I might beige someone if it’s not rule breaking. :P

Although I don’t see why people care enough to make it into a mod issue & Alex potentially breaking the game mechanics so he doesn’t need to deal with those reporting others for it.

SNN has more proof about tCW paying people to beige them. They are a bit old, from around the start of this war. 
Hence, I dont want to use them.

However, all I can tell to IQ is SHAME!
If you are winning the war as you people claim, why are you trying to cheat?

If you frick up, admit it and move on. Defending someone who did an oopsie is equally bad as having done it urself

2 hours ago, ShadyAssassin said:

SNN has more proof about tCW paying people to beige them. They are a bit old, from around the start of this war. 
Hence, I dont want to use them.

However, all I can tell to IQ is SHAME!
If you are winning the war as you people claim, why are you trying to cheat?

If you frick up, admit it and move on. Defending someone who did an oopsie is equally bad as having done it urself

At this point who are you trying to impress? Alex has already dealt with it. 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

At this point who are you trying to impress? Alex has already dealt with it. 

I dont need to impress anyone, do I?
help,this is roqbot 1400 version 80.8. I've infilitrated the coalition chats but it is gay af. Please save me roq-sama

• Haha 1