What's the next move after the war?

Kastor

@Elijah Mikaelson  Rosesphere is still smaller than an independent Citadel and hasn't been targetted by Chaos or KETOG, so unless you think your entire Bloc are all so qualitatively inferior to Rose that they alone would wipe all 4 of you.

Even then, and I told you this yesterday, the biggest threat to and independent Citadel is YOU. All the bullshit you spew is far more likely to get you guys hit than you merely existing is.

Quit making excuses and grow a pair. Take a risk. TFP has questionable loyalties and position, which means Rosesphere is a total of about 160 nation's. Rose might be a major AA but it isn't unbeatable God tier, it's position is vulnerable and yet KETOG hit chaos over them.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Being realistic? Well, first off, Screenshot_2019-06-29_at_7.10.49_PM.png?width=400&height=15, and while more alliances are backing out, BK and NPO certainly don't want to surrender until Rose and Guardian get grinded down enough to hit the mid tier. After the war, I see a new BK-NPO treaty, KETOG/Chaos treaties, maybe Rose getting in on the act. So lots of consolidation, and then after 2-3 months of posturing and shittalking, somebody pre-empts the other and it's this war part 2.

That ss is from NPO's forums, by the way.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, CitrusK said:

Well, obviously @Kastor has to remake Lordaeron. Empyrea and Valinor will merge into it, right? Then, reunited, Kastor, James and Vexz will become a triumvirate of the alliance while Filip is an officer. Next step would be deciding on a bloc to be in, Chaos or K.E.T O.G.G and then boom! 

They'd join the Citadel. They, with their Citadel breathren will hit BK. And then instead of IQ vs TKR. It'll be IQ vs Kastor. 

Easy peezy.

I'm game.

THE Definitive James:

KastorCultist, Co-leading Roz Wei Empyrea The Wei, former TGH warrior, Assassin, and a few more. Player of this game for more time than I want to think about...

infernalsig.png.492fbaaf465234c6d9cf76f12f038d04.png

Honestly I think it's more of a meme / community circle jerk than reality to think that the game is stuck in a loop.

Now, moreso than any other time I've noticed in the last few years, there's so many new alliances and faces. There's no one in the top 50 that should be considered irrelevant. There's also never going to be an onus on anyone to swap sides if they're met with downvotes and trolling when they come out in public.

To give you an idea: Alliances #46-50 add up to NPO's score and roughly their member count.

There's no reason why coalition building shouldn't be a thing but "minispheres" (4 or 5 larger alliances and nothing else) aren't going to cut it in this current political environment of dozens and dozens of smaller groups that need to be coalesced into a broader force to be effective.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Daveth said:

Duly noted, I must say it should be interesting to see the political changes to the web once the war is over, though. ?

It would be interesting, Citadel has potential but it is ultimately killed with BK being your puppet master, that an people like Elijah in Yakuza who are diehard BK suck offs. 

You guys have tons of potential and it's being burned away, I mean no disrespect to you or anybody in Citadel (except for Elijah, he's a downright idiot). 

I hope you guys the best though ❤️ 

• Upvote 2

All the Micros will break ties with all the Top 50 Alliances and form a super-microsphere and then proceed to become the new superpower by rolling every alliance starting from #50 and moving up.

• Haha 2

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

1 hour ago, Hodor said:

Hi, I'm TGH's FA head, you may not know me because Buorhann is a fricking tank of a man, but jesus fricking christ diplomacy is literally what moves this game. It's literally my job to seek out those we are antagonistic towards and see if there is legitimate reason and play devils advocate to our cause. I don't get fired up too easily, so if you're on my shit list you're there for a reason. If you haven't been in our DMs, you haven't tried.

Upvoted simply because the statement "Buorhann is a fricking tank of a man" made me laugh for some reason. 

I mean, you're going to be attacked, large pile of treaties or no. If you stick to giant blocs, you can likely expect fewer wars in a given year, but those wars to be longer and more damaging. If you want to just never be attacked or attack, well, that isn't going to happen and I really don't see the point. Suggesting we were preventing more multipolarity because we engaged in localized conflicts isn't really accurate. Had all of chaos hit Fark/WTF and dog piled them for being alone, sure, that would absolutely justify a need to find more allies. But as it is, you are just trading off frequency for intensity. Do you want potentially more wars, but shorter and with fewer combatants, leading to generally reduced damages. Or do you want fewer but longer and more damaging conflicts? There isn't a right or wrong answer there, its a matter of preference. And if certain blocs would prefer to fight a few giant slogfests like this every year than risk more localized conflict, fair enough. But there is no escaping war no matter what you do in this game.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

9 hours ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

Honestly I think it's more of a meme / community circle jerk than reality to think that the game is stuck in a loop.

Now, moreso than any other time I've noticed in the last few years, there's so many new alliances and faces. There's no one in the top 50 that should be considered irrelevant. There's also never going to be an onus on anyone to swap sides if they're met with downvotes and trolling when they come out in public.

To give you an idea: Alliances #46-50 add up to NPO's score and roughly their member count.

There's no reason why coalition building shouldn't be a thing but "minispheres" (4 or 5 larger alliances and nothing else) aren't going to cut it in this current political environment of dozens and dozens of smaller groups that need to be coalesced into a broader force to be effective.

This is an excellent post and since it's from a member in an alliance less connected to the conflict, maybe it will actually be read.

• Upvote 2

Similar to how TGH Sphere grew from just being TGH/Empyrea/TK to really be a major power, I think other spheres will also need to expand. Although this doesn’t need to mean more alliances being entangled in the treaty web, but could instead mean more disconnecting from it mostly as they join or form other spheres. Although assuming the NPO/Syndicate relationship dead now (safe to assume I think) I don’t think if BK & NPO end up realigning it would result in a BiPolar World.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

9 hours ago, Big Brother said:

Hopefully something that makes him complain about us some more. I mean, how else are we gonna keep track of what we're doing wrong?

Er, what? I wasn't complaining, idgaf what y'all do even though I do have a soft spot for t$ and I want you guys to do well. These last FA moves weren't particularly sensible in my view, but you somewhat corrected it by pulling out of the war when NPO joined at a larger scale.

You guys have capable members, such as Chaunce or Timmy. Wilhelm as well, even though I don't believe he (and the rest of gov) made the best call by joining the war in the circumstances it did.

Were I at the helm, I'd cut all paper ties except for HS and Enterprise which is an extension of t$ ofc, but those are just my 2 cents.

Best of luck to you guys in the future.

On 6/29/2019 at 8:46 PM, Vladamir Putin said:

Everyone will merge into Rose and declare war on Alex. 

I wonder how many new guys don't get what this is referencing.

On 6/29/2019 at 9:20 PM, Sri Lanka 001 said:

remember the time when the game is not toxic? I don't lol I only played this game for not even 4 months?

But this is fun

It was always toxic. It was just contained much better earlier, stuck mainly in IRC and alliance forums.

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

On 6/30/2019 at 1:19 PM, Elijah Mikaelson said:

So many things could happen, but the likely hood things will remain the same as this is what the powers that be, BK, NPO, Rose, T$, KETOG and Chaos all forced upon the rest of us.

Why would mid-size alliances want to cancel on say NPO or BK, to form their own block, Both Chaos and KETOG have proven within less than 6 months they will attack people they see as weak or even weaker than them for no other reason than they can, Soup hit FARK/WTF for no reason just due to them being cut off, do you think if one of those alliances had a treaty with say T$, NPO or BK that soup would have attacked, We all know they wouldn't as the whole threat of "TKR will counter anyone who counters soup" would be laughable, now this does not mean soup didn't keep it somewhat fair but we know the war was one-sided as soup was full milled up and fark/wtf wasn't. Then KETOG hit Chaos over some old bullshit dislikes no valid CB but the fact you have no one else you could hit again KETOG full milled UP it was clear you would win but we all know if not for you hitting first Chaos would run all over KETOG., but we all know if there was a small block cut from the powers that be KETOG would have hit them.

Someone said about Citadel breaking away from BK, Well if we did how long before KETOG or Chaos get bored and hit Citadel as our of all the blocks we would be the smallest ?

I really like how you always forget to mention how IQ planned to roll the smaller blocs in Orbis for no valid reason.
The reason you dont want to cancel isnt because Chaos/KETOG will roll you. It is because you will be rolled by IQ for not being allied to them

1 hour ago, ShadyAssassin said:

I really like how you always forget to mention how IQ planned to roll the smaller blocs in Orbis for no valid reason.
The reason you dont want to cancel isnt because Chaos/KETOG will roll you. It is because you will be rolled by IQ for not being allied to them

I am not wasting pixels on a low value target like Citadel.  The only way I would even bother looking at them, is if they hit us for some reason.  But if you really want to hug those precious pixels of yours, i recommend you get enough members in your bloc that it makes it difficult to hit you, but not enough members to become a real threat to anyone else.  I would guess if you guys drop BK, and pick up another 50 or so members or pick up another micro alliance, you would be pretty close to that sweet spot.

• Upvote 2