$yndicate Businessweek Update: Cessation of External Venture

24 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Well, I did ask you directly for help 3 different times and you literally ghosted me.  

fair enough, I was guilty of ennui 

Anyways good for you, you're living your dream of talking shit and having the chops to back it up too

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

5 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I know people are suppose to be nice to you guys, because you leaving helps us out, but you guys got roasted because honestly your activity was pretty terrible.  your blitz was underwelming, I believe guardian/grumpy declared more wars on you guys than you did on us within a few hours.

We were expecting to do more throughout the following counters but we had to start somewhere - literally had people who couldn't get slots off the target list from that blitz. 

I would've been happy to continue the war for a few rounds and systematically dragged you guys down for a while but then that leads us to the question: for what reasons and for whose interests? 

Trust me, I'm not exactly chipper about letting round one go (as we always do) and then being forced between choosing to let it all go or allow my alliance to be taken advantage of.

• Upvote 4

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

20 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

We were expecting to do more throughout the following counters but we had to start somewhere - literally had people who couldn't get slots off the target list from that blitz. 

I would've been happy to continue the war for a few rounds and systematically dragged you guys down for a while but then that leads us to the question: for what reasons and for whose interests? 

Trust me, I'm not exactly chipper about letting round one go (as we always do) and then being forced between choosing to let it all go or allow my alliance to be taken advantage of.

Quoting for when you drop NPO post-war.

• Upvote 2

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
7 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I know people are suppose to be nice to you guys, because you leaving helps us out, but you guys got roasted because honestly your activity was pretty terrible.  your blitz was underwelming, I believe guardian/grumpy declared more wars on you guys than you did on us within a few hours.

Starting to like you :), I personally believe T$ joined thinking they would have an easier time taking out your top tier, Sharply found out what a mistake that is. Let's take it 14 billion damage in less than 48 hours is more than enough for a self-proclaimed company to move its HQ and rebrand.

1 hour ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

Starting to like you :), I personally believe T$ joined thinking they would have an easier time taking out your top tier, Sharply found out what a mistake that is. Let's take it 14 billion damage in less than 48 hours is more than enough for a self-proclaimed company to move its HQ and rebrand.

Somebody wasn't paying attention to the air craft totals. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

You thought t$ thought taking out the GOB and Guardian upper tiers, which many others had quite recently failed to do, would be easy? Good for you. I myself would say an easier option, if that is what t$ was looking for, would have been smashing into the mid-tiers with NPO. That's just me though. 

a.k.a. Chaunce

Chaunce - Today at 9:55 PM
with the watermelons there isn't much space left
I still have a lot of room to improve

Manthrax Has Venomous Bite! - Today at 9:57 PM
Hee hee. Room indeed.

Sabriel - Today at 10:01 PM
I feel like, if the other AAs knew how we act, they'd feel a deep sense of shame in knowing that they consistently get beat by us.
when we talk about how many vegetables we can fit in Chaunce's ass.

If we want to play political strategist/conspiracy theorist here... What I think they really wanted to do was hit us and do enough damage so that our allies would be forced to help, which would give NPO the excuse they wanted to enter the war without making it look like they were bailing out their old IQ drinking buddies.   If NPO just jumped in or crashed into the middle tier as Chaunce alluded to above, then we would just call them out for reforming IQ, which would be terrible PR for them, which if you read the forums is exactly what happened.  It would also put giant targets on their backs post war.

The problem they ran into, was that Grumpy/Guardian is if not the top fighting force in the game, easily top 3, and we absorbed their hit and turned it around on them pretty fast, to the point were two days later, they needed CoA to jump in, who were also easily put down.   When this happened I think, NPO/tS says "shit our sweet sweet political maneuver, just backfired on us, what do we do?"  And I think NPO just said YOLO! and rolled out and hit TKR with a flimsy CB in an attempt to lessen the backlash they were going to face breaking tS's rules of engagement.

What is really interesting here, is that tS completely tossed NPO under the bus, then put it in reverse and rolled over them again.  This kind of betrayal is something I don't think we have ever seen between two major alliance allies before. (note this betrayal goes both ways, NPO breaking tS's rules of engagement, and tS peacing out with the quickness leaving NPO to burn)  But the part I find interesting is that tS just pulled an old school tS move.  Which was by bouncing out of this war with the quickness, they just deflected a shit ton of hate off of them for attacking Grumpy/Guardian, straight onto NPO, so my guess is after this war ends, no matter the winner tS has probably maneuvered themselves out of everyone's target sights yet again, which is to their credit what they do best.

I hope you all enjoyed my Inst, and that other guy that posts stupid stuff on the forums impersonation.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

If we want to play political strategist/conspiracy theorist here... What I think they really wanted to do was hit us and do enough damage so that our allies would be forced to help, which would give NPO the excuse they wanted to enter the war without making it look like they were bailing out their old IQ drinking buddies.   If NPO just jumped in or crashed into the middle tier as Chaunce alluded to above, then we would just call them out for reforming IQ, which would be terrible PR for them, which if you read the forums is exactly what happened.  It would also put giant targets on their backs post war.

The problem they ran into, was that Grumpy/Guardian is if not the top fighting force in the game, easily top 3, and we absorbed their hit and turned it around on them pretty fast, to the point were two days later, they needed CoA to jump in, who were also easily put down.   When this happened I think, NPO/tS says "shit our sweet sweet political maneuver, just backfired on us, what do we do?"  And I think NPO just said YOLO! and rolled out and hit TKR with a flimsy CB in an attempt to lessen the backlash they were going to face breaking tS's rules of engagement.

What is really interesting here, is that tS completely tossed NPO under the bus, then put it in reverse and rolled over them again.  This kind of betrayal is something I don't think we have ever seen between two major alliance allies before. (note this betrayal goes both ways, NPO breaking tS's rules of engagement, and tS peacing out with the quickness leaving NPO to burn)  But the part I find interesting is that tS just pulled an old school tS move.  Which was by bouncing out of this war with the quickness, they just deflected a shit ton of hate off of them for attacking Grumpy/Guardian, straight onto NPO, so my guess is after this war ends, no matter the winner tS has probably maneuvered themselves out of everyone's target sights yet again, which is to their credit what they do best.

I hope you all enjoyed my Inst, and that other guy that posts stupid stuff on the forums impersonation.

Maybe them allying NPO in the first place was a conspiracy to break the aura of invincibility IQ seemed to have, which was causing nobody to want to take them on without at least thinking they might let each other get rolled individually.:P

Always found that plan to break up IQ odd if there wasn’t a planned follow up to roll either BK or NPO after getting them to voluntarily weaken their positions.

48 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

What's hilarious is that you are so close to right you can almost taste it but then you can't help careening sharply off in the direction of being completely falsifiable before you're done. 

I love conspiracy theories. I love conspiracy theorists. The more conspiratorial you get, SRD, the more you will please me. 

This particular one is wrong in several key points that lead you to a false conclusion, but what you propose isn't entirely unreasonable given what is public knowledge. 

Either way, don't let that stop you. A group of us from PnW a couple years ago used to regular listen to a local Toronto conspiracy AM radio program. Unfortunately the powers that be have shut the program down now. It did serve as a major component of the inspiration for CoS's theme though, so the Spaceman lives on. 

Though my only issue is that your post wasn't conspiratorial enough. 

a.k.a. Chaunce

Chaunce - Today at 9:55 PM
with the watermelons there isn't much space left
I still have a lot of room to improve

Manthrax Has Venomous Bite! - Today at 9:57 PM
Hee hee. Room indeed.

Sabriel - Today at 10:01 PM
I feel like, if the other AAs knew how we act, they'd feel a deep sense of shame in knowing that they consistently get beat by us.
when we talk about how many vegetables we can fit in Chaunce's ass.

15 minutes ago, Flame of the Flawed said:

I love conspiracy theories. I love conspiracy theorists. The more conspiratorial you get, SRD, the more you will please me. 

This particular one is wrong in several key points that lead you to a false conclusion, but what you propose isn't entirely unreasonable given what is public knowledge. 

Either way, don't let that stop you. A group of us from PnW a couple years ago used to regular listen to a local Toronto conspiracy AM radio program. Unfortunately the powers that be have shut the program down now. It did serve as a major component of the inspiration for CoS's theme though, so the Spaceman lives on. 

Though my only issue is that your post wasn't conspiratorial enough. 

I like my conspiracy theory more, since it would involve a continuation of plot from the one Prefontaine spoke of after thinking it was called off with Partisan's disappearance. Although most events are likely due to opportunism at the moment, rather than any grand schemes though.

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

>I hope you all enjoyed my Inst and that other guy who posts stupid stuff (That's Noctis)

Touche.

It was hard enough getting through a few paragraphs I didn't even attempt to read the last two lines tbqh

No conspiracy here, it's pretty simple, Grumpy is an hegemony of the whale tier just like NPO is an hegemony of the mid tier, but the difference is that you can attack a mid tier with low, mid, and upper tier nations while whales can only be attacked by other whales and high upper tier nations, plus they always are high at military because their nations make a lot of money to cover the upkeep, you can't blitz them like for example KETOGG did with Chaos

So we have already almost no one that can fight them 1 vs 1, you need to bring in allies to match their power because you need 3 nations for every Grumpy nation plus some reserves, we are talking about at least 100 upper tier nations so it's already hard to find a team to fight Grumpy alone, if other than that you have to deal with their current allies it's way way way harder because they are the perfect team to cover them

t$ knows this, they have to hit Grumpy while their allies are busy with other enemies, so they did it when whales were already out of range of most enemies and did a fair fight that I think both sides liked

Ending the war too early sure was bad for the morale because they had no time to try to accomplish their objective but it was a very good move for their FA

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Big Brother said:

Don't go off the deep end brother, you might not like what you find:

24131930-599882963682181-672021731065445

See, the level 7 is whatever part is where it actually becomes good. The theories are so absurd they're obviously epistemological experiments. My favorite is "Stanley Kubrick did direct the moon landing, but the set budget was getting out of hand so they used tho real moon instead." The American Civil War is a re-enactment of itself" is actually an application of Baudrillard's notions of the hyperreal, although I think Baudrillard would rather ascribe that to post-modernity.

Edited by Inst
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

You know, it's sad. I love a good conspiracy, but my best rule of thumb for these games is "never put down to conspiracy what could be explained by being inept", and it rarely fails me. : (

Also edit: I'm definitely not jumping on the t$ kumbaya love train here, by the by. You guys made a lot of piss poor decisions, and (and this is your founder who loves you guys talking, actually) I'm glad you got slapped around as a result. I still think you have a ways to go before I'll be applauding you again.

Oh shit! daddy does not approve.  Looks like its time for tS to take some time for self reflection.

2 hours ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

You know, it's sad. I love a good conspiracy, but my best rule of thumb for these games is "never put down to conspiracy what could be explained by being inept", and it rarely fails me. : (

Also edit: I'm definitely not jumping on the t$ kumbaya love train here, by the by. You guys made a lot of piss poor decisions, and (and this is your founder who loves you guys talking, actually) I'm glad you got slapped around as a result. I still think you have a ways to go before I'll be applauding you again.

And to think I just went over budget acquring a ton of kumbaya love train fuel, too. ?

Edited by Sisyphus

2 hours ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Don't worry Syndicate! As t$ other, more charismatic and more succesful founder, I am doubling down on the kumbaya train. This means that duckface's finger wag is effectively cancelled out.

Keep on trying. Keep on innovating. Keep on being you. The world will learn to accept it. Or perish.

• Haha 4

os9LcJK.gif