Declaration of War

Roquentin

I just feel insulted I dropped from NPO's unanimous consensus #1 most hated shitposter to like, below @Dio Brando on the OWF shitposting train. 

• Haha 1

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

20 minutes ago, greatkitteh said:

I just feel insulted I dropped from NPO's unanimous consensus #1 most hated shitposter to like, below @Dio Brando on the OWF shitposting train. 

You still have a chance to get it back.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

settradirect.png

Just now, Mogar said:

This thread is so much about CN you managed to summon a political post out of me, are you happy now?

This makes me deeply concerned with regards to the allocation of my time and energies. Also, hello. Post more. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mogar said:

This thread is so much about CN you managed to summon a political post out of me, are you happy now?

Stand back, I got an Internet Explorer installer and I'm not afraid to use it against you! Are you truly ready to face the ultimate weapon of destruction?
EFDUtKt.png 

3 hours ago, Placentica said:

Person who made that video should feel really ashamed.  It's completely unnecessary and stuff like that is why so many people avoid these forums due to toxicity.

[OOC: I really hope some more IC/OOC moderation is brought on board to clean this up.]

It is quite sad, if it had been a funny parody it might have passed. But this was no better than career politicians cutting half out of someone's statement in an attempt to defend and validate an inexcusable statement. But in a unique way it's still less annoying than people putting square flags on stock photos without blending them in and calling it propaganda.

I solemnly swear Lord of Darkness is up to no good.

22 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

The fact I have to stop watching the Cricket to post in this train wreck of a thread...

Sketchy mate come on. You're serious? Using out of context logs from a over 2 hour conversation with hypothetical scenarios raised doesn't help your case in fact it makes you seem even more desperate. I've given clarification for them and if you don't want to believe it that's fine, but it doesn't make it any more true than you hope it is.

And Honestly, its astonishing at the level of hypocrisy that some from Chaos/KETOG have shown in this thread, that video and "transcript' is something special......... I honestly think some people are too blind to realise their irate ramblings and "theories", only draw people closer together against them. We're it not for the hatred you have for NPO or BK, they would've been enemies long ago but even when they try to break you just do everything in your power to make it painfully obvious to them that any break would be exploited by the very same people who keep pushing for this supposed "dynamism". Secondly to address the claims of "NPO killed CN they'll do it here as well", I played CN for years (2010-2015), when the game was still active, at no point did NPO have anything like the hegemony you claim. Only when the game really started dying and player numbers collpased below 10k did NPO start to become top dog and that wasn't through consolidation or anything or the sort it was simply because they had the staying power others did not, as someone mentioned before Doombird was far more hegemonic than NPO ever was. People claiming otherwise are either noobs who didn't experience old school CN, before its demise or are just spreading lies. In PW, NPO don't have anywhere near the sort of "hegemony" you claim. And yes I know people are going to say "Oh but Sphinx you plotted against Chaos, so your just as full of shit as them", yeah I did plot against them so of course I'm full of shit, but at least I can recognise our side is at fault to. Yes BK and NPO have a strong consolidation of the mid tier but the very same people parroting the garbage about that conveniently ignore G&G's even stronger vice grip on the upper tier. Grumpy especially has steamrolled through any upper tier opposition. Whilst that's not anything to fault Grumpy for, If people are going to try and bring up consolidation at least look in a damn mirror before conventionally ignoring you own consolidation.  

EDIT: Just to respond to Smith's post. You know maybe they volunteered to join..... Not everyone in NPO sphere is a brainless slave shackled to Roq's hamster ball.

2ND EDIT: Also why are people so obsessed about what NPO's CB is, global wars have been fought with no CB's before, why should you be so concerned with what another alliance chooses to do, Your feelings on that are worth squat since its NPO choice to take military action for their own reasons if you don't want to believe that, then be my guest but to repeat it over and over is just honestly sad.

Now I can go back to the Cricket before its over..... Already had another out that I missed..... >_>

Accusing others of theories and ramblings while your side proliferates fake war conspiracy theories is pretty ironic. What's even more ironic is your accusation that we are the ones forcing your spheres together when:

1. Nobody forced N$O to join this war when they did. They involved themselves in an ongoing war (which they admitted was opportunistic) which benefits BK and then play the victim card when the coalition whose war efforts they are stifling point this out

2. In the best case scenario (meaning the split was real and N$O was not involved) you and BK were planning a war on a sphere you massively outnumber. You had targets lined up and were at least trying to get another sphere to help out as needed.

The apples and orange comparison of logs from 3-5 months ago, before IQ had split, before NPO signed t$, and before Chaos was formed is poor comparison to logs that take place after all that occurred. Personally I am still eager to see @Dio Brando respond to Adrienne's rebuttal that happened 50 pages ago. 

As far as NPO's protectorates "volunteering" to join. I mean maybe they did? Hand-waving it off as that though ignores the context of the conversation involving NPO and their protectorate ties, where it was being claimed those ties should not be factored into them "having too many ties" because they would not fight alongside them. Whether NPO calls them in or they "volunteer" it's clear these ties will fight when NPO is threatened which is a contradiction of their previous argument. 

Edited by Smith
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

C0r3Fye.png

1 minute ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Hahahaha. So you made it up. Ok.

I have a log of Roq promising to wash my car, but it got deleted before I could cap it. CLEAN MY CAR!

If you say so ?‍♀️

• Downvote 1

Seriously? Reading this hurts my brain. ?‍♂️

24 minutes ago, Smith said:

1. Nobody forced N$O to join this war when they did. They involved themselves in an ongoing war (which they admitted was opportunistic) which benefits BK and then play the victim card when the coalition whose war efforts they are stifling point this out

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's been whining the most of them all? It's easy to blame someone else of playing the victim card and whine about it, but by doing so you're pretty much trying to frame yourself as a victim. Luckily, complaining isn't really an effective weapon, otherwise we'd be in serious trouble.

26 minutes ago, Smith said:

2. In the best case scenario (meaning the split was real and N$O was not involved) you and BK were planning a war on a sphere you massively outnumber. You had targets lined up and were at least trying to get another sphere to help out as needed.

If I may be frank for a minute here, going by your implied logic here, why does your sphere exist at all if it isn't the biggest? What I'm hearing here is a twisted version of complaining about someone being bigger than you and calling them a bully as a result of that. Yet you somehow expect that so-called "bully" to ignore you when you challenge them in any way. Life's unfair, deal with it. Improve your recruitment, nation building strategy, war strategy, ...

29 minutes ago, Smith said:

The apples and orange comparison of logs from 3-5 months ago, before IQ had split, before NPO signed t$, and before Chaos was formed is poor comparison to logs that take place after all that occurred. Personally I am still eager to see @Dio Brando respond to Adrienne's rebuttal that happened 50 pages ago. 

Let me begin with the pedantically stating that we are on page 17 at this time of writing.  Additionally, it is easy to write a version that fits your desired story line if you are selectively ignoring facts or don't know about everything that occurred.

31 minutes ago, Smith said:

As far as NPO's protectorates "volunteering" to join. I mean maybe they did? Hand-waving it off as that though ignores the context of the conversation involving NPO and their protectorate ties, where it was being claimed those ties should not be factored into them "having too many ties" because they would not fight alongside them. Whether NPO calls them in or they "volunteer" it's clear these ties will fight when NPO is threatened which is a contradiction of their previous argument. 

Forcing your protectorate to join a war is sort of counterproductive when you're trying to protect them...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bart said:

Seriously? Reading this hurts my brain. ?‍♂️

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's been whining the most of them all? It's easy to blame someone else of playing the victim card and whine about it, but by doing so you're pretty much trying to frame yourself as a victim. Luckily, complaining isn't really an effective weapon, otherwise we'd be in serious trouble.

If I may be frank for a minute here, going by your implied logic here, why does your sphere exist at all if it isn't the biggest? What I'm hearing here is a twisted version of complaining about someone being bigger than you and calling them a bully as a result of that. Yet you somehow expect that so-called "bully" to ignore you when you challenge them in any way. Life's unfair, deal with it. Improve your recruitment, nation building strategy, war strategy, ...

Let me begin with the pedantically stating that we are on page 17 at this time of writing.  Additionally, it is easy to write a version that fits your desired story line if you are selectively ignoring facts or don't know about everything that occurred.

Forcing your protectorate to join a war is sort of counterproductive when you're trying to protect them...

I'll quote @Nizam Adrienne since I was no involved in the creation of Chaos. "When we formed Chaos, the goal was not to hit any specific grouping, and I believe we said as much in our opening statement. Our goal was to embark on a new FA path with people we hadn't been allied to before and that's what we did."

Whether you think that is a good reason or not is your opinion. But what's interesting to me is you seem to be implying the only reason to make a sphere is to make it as big as possible? It's good to see somebody admit that at least. 

I'm not really sure what your comment regarding protectorates is about. I'm pointing out that N$O said their protectorate ties shouldn't be a factor because they don't fight with them when that's proven not to be true, you have had multiple involved in this war. 

C0r3Fye.png

5 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

-more disingenuous trash that specifically mentions my name for some reason-

Yawn. Got like a fifth of the way in. I dunno what I did to offend you. Presumably you're upset because you realize your government has no control over the political situation they have placed themselves in. But I don't even know you, so I dunno why you've suddenly got a problem with me. As I said, though, I don't see much reason to reply to your drivel, and I suppose I'll carry that rule onto the forums.

Edit: Seriously, though. You should cool off. I don't see much necessity in calling me or anyone a "lying piece of shit". Give your head a shake.

Edited by Spaceman Thrax
  • Upvote 1

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

5 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

Tbh I've maintained my civility for quite some time, but given the deliberate obtuseness people like Manthrax are showing (guess what honey, there's a big fricking difference between actually having proof that DMs were deleted that indicate that it was done again and having a similar set of logs, and trying to make up a bullshit analogy about washing cars) that's becoming harder. I was planning on not responding because I've seen exactly how dismissive you are of very legitimate plans that your own alliance had and I have far better things to do (which you, Smith, are well acquainted with because I gave you almost live updates of how those things developed IRL) than to indulge the passing fancy of people that aren't going to be convinced anyway, but okay. 

I hope everything is doing better IRL for you. That said, I saw you were responding to other posts and not arguments from people like Adrienne which made it look to me like you were avoiding it. 

Edited by Smith

C0r3Fye.png

Just now, Spaceman Thrax said:

Yawn. Got like a fifth of the way in. I dunno what I did to offend you. Presumably you're upset because you realize your government has no control over the political situation they have placed themselves in. But I don't even know you, so I dunno why you've suddenly got a problem with me. As I said, though, I don't see much reason to reply to your drivel, and I suppose I'll carry that rule onto the forums.

Uh? If you have any familiarity with how I act in-game, I can't be bothered to give more than two shits about my nation. I'm in this game because I like hanging out with certain people. I don't even really have a problem with you, but what you post. But meh. 

1 minute ago, Smith said:

I hope everything is doing better IRL for you. That said, I saw you were responding to other posts and not actual arguments from people like Adrienne which made it look to me like you were avoiding it. 

No, it went to shit a couple hours ago. Meh. 

8 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Get with the show, we are bots. 

I appreciate it, gold is good right?

You have the unyielding loyalty, I'll give you that.
But bots usually have some sort of intelligence. Which you clearly lack.

Sure. So good you could eat it.

• Downvote 1

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

Learn to use partial quotes, please.

15 minutes ago, Smith said:

I'll quote @Nizam Adrienne since I was no involved in the creation of Chaos. "When we formed Chaos, the goal was not to hit any specific grouping, and I believe we said as much in our opening statement. Our goal was to embark on a new FA path with people we hadn't been allied to before and that's what we did."

Whether you think that is a good reason or not is your opinion. But what's interesting to me is you seem to be implying the only reason to make a sphere is to make it as big as possible? It's good to see somebody admit that at least. 

I'm simply analysing your statement and removing the sugar coating. Let me rephrase it in a way you might understand: If you poke a dragon with a stick you're still going to get burned to the same degree. And no amount of complaining about how big the dragon, how much fire it can spout, or how small the stick was changes the fact that it's your own fault that you got burned by doing so.

15 minutes ago, Smith said:

I'm not really sure what your comment regarding protectorates is about. I'm pointing out that N$O said their protectorate ties shouldn't be a factor because they don't fight with them when that's proven not to be true, you have had multiple involved in this war. 

A healthy protector-protectorate relationship means that you grant your protectorate the freedom to do as they please as long as it doesn't negatively affect you in any way. You seem to be under the impression that the protector is some sort of malicious grand-vizier with a big curled-up moustache directing the protectorates and ordering them to go to war. While you folks might (no idea to be honest) treat protectorates that way, most decent alliances do not.

• Alex locked this topic