A clarification on "Slavery"

Sir Scarfalot

It has been brought to my attention by a number of DMs that people have deeply misinterpreted my prior post regarding the concept of 'vassalage'. I wish to set the record straight on this matter: I do NOT use the word "Slave" pejoratively, and I do not intend to imply any victim shaming or blame against any protectorates of IQ. I realize that your situation is far from simple; as these relationships invariably are. I realize you may well feel that you're in the best of available worlds; that your environment permits you no superior option. If so, then I disagree, but I still can respect your right to your opinion and your decision, even if I may not agree with what that decision actually is.

My intent with that thread is purely to call out IQ for being shameless, selfish and irresponsible racketeers, nothing more. I simply believe, and this is my firm opinion, that they are taking unfair advantage of their protectorates; and that their actions, not merely their discord setups, are entirely consistent with the term of "slavers", though perhaps "oppressors" or "thugs" may be more accurate/appropriate.

For my part as a loud, obnoxious, hyperbolic and (too) blunt voice on the forums and in our environment, I apologise for how insecure I may personally make anyone feel. It's honestly hard for me to remember that not everyone is as unashamedly independent and forceful as me, that not everyone is comfortable with having the game tell them they've 'lost' something, that not everyone is comfortable with the idea of acting against one's own short-term interests for any reason. I cannot make the same claim of my alliance, of course; I am not and certainly never shall be anyone's mouthpiece. My posts and my ideas are my own, and no-one else's.

As for IQ itself, I do grant that they too have a right to an opinion, and that their actions are derived in no small part due to how they feel their environment requires them to act. I strongly disagree with their actions, the reasoning behind their actions, and I do not respect their actions, though I do yet respect their right to make their decisions, even if I may not respect what those decisions actually are. I still maintain that their short-sighted power-grabbing is ultimately self-destructive for reasons outlined quite extensively elsewhere, but that's beyond the scope of what I want to say with this thread in particular.

tl;dr: I apologize for the things that I apologize for, IQ man bad but no hate for IQ protectorate man.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Downvote 11

Guest Curufinwe
3 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

I do NOT use the word "Slave" pejoratively

Is there a positive way to call someone a slave?  Are you suggesting it's a sex thing and Leo is domming Shifty and Dusty?  If so, would you support that?

1 minute ago, Curufinwe said:

Is there a positive way to call someone a slave?  Are you suggesting it's a sex thing and Leo is domming Shifty and Dusty?  If so, would you support that?

Gets me hot....?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Curufinwe said:

I'm saying that they are the victims. Of course that is not positive, but it is also not something for them to be blamed for. That alone is what I said, nothing more, nothing less. Don't twist my words around, it's inaccurate at best and disingenuous at worst.

Guest Curufinwe
1 minute ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

I'm saying that they are the victims. Of course that is not positive, but it is also not something for them to be blamed for. That alone is what I said, nothing more, nothing less. Don't twist my words around, it's inaccurate at best and disingenuous at worst.

Hey, you're the ones calling people slaves - I'm just wondering how kinky you think BK is.  Have you considered that maybe it's the sex dungeon that keeps people coming back for more?

Or perhaps some people just like BK? If you leave the forum circle jerk behind it’s almost like we’re not as reviled as every call out thread would have you believe. You’ve chugged so much koolaid that because you dislike BK literally everyone dislikes BK or is enslaved to them and incapable of being able to openly dislike BK. 

Edited by Aragorn, son of Arathorn
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Curufinwe said:

Hey, you're the ones calling people slaves - I'm just wondering how kinky you think BK is.  Have you considered that maybe it's the sex dungeon that keeps people coming back for more?

Right, I can see that the serious discussion part is out of the way then. Just respect their personal boundaries and keep it SSC, don't be an abuser 'cos that's not cool. Other than that, you do you

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

Guest Curufinwe

Right, I can see that the serious discussion part is out of the way then. Just respect their personal boundaries and keep it SSC, don't be an abuser 'cos that's not cool.

Okay, but you promise you'll come out with another thread tomorrow accusing BK of engaging in hunting endangered animals or trafficking in children or something, right?  I'm enjoying the fact that you seem unable to distinguish between disagreeing with someone politically and them being literal monsters that abuse and enslave other people (in an online browser game, no less) and I wouldn't want you to get discouraged and stop posting crazy shit for the community's edification in these weighty matters.

4 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Right, I can see that the serious discussion part is out of the way then. Just respect their personal boundaries and keep it SSC, don't be an abuser 'cos that's not cool. Other than that, you do you

We really pissed in your Cheerios huh? Based on this and previous threads I think that:

1:You need to take like 20 steps back and realized it’s a game, and a vassal/knight rp fits entirely in the scheme of a game. 

2: You’re so deep in your biases that you are diving off the deep end. If people felt mistreated they would leave, simple as that. BK runs much more hands off its protectorates than several other aas, but you wouldn’t know anything about that. 

3: What theme of thread can we get tomorrow? We’ve had “brave beautiful Bk” and “BK literally enslaves people”, so we need a good one. I suggest we talk the orphans I slap or puppies I kick, we need bigger. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Curufinwe said:

Okay, but you promise you'll come out with another thread tomorrow accusing BK of engaging in hunting endangered animals or trafficking in children or something, right?  I'm enjoying the fact that you seem unable to distinguish between disagreeing with someone politically and them being literal monsters that abuse and enslave other people (in an online browser game, no less) and I wouldn't want you to get discouraged and stop posting crazy shit for the community's edification in these weighty matters.

Naw, I only post stuff that can be substantiated, otherwise I'd be whining about how you're winning the war and therefore are killing the game or something stupid like that

Guest Curufinwe

Naw, I only post stuff that can be substantiated, otherwise I'd be whining about how you're winning the war and therefore are killing the game or something stupid like that

So you can substantiate that BK keeps sex slaves?  Do you have documentation to this effect?  Testimonials?  Kinky pictures of Shifty dressed in leather?  If you do, please share (for the good of the public, of course).  I (and I'm sure many others) eagerly await the sexy, sexy substantiation you say that you're able to provide.

37 minutes ago, Curufinwe said:

So you can substantiate that BK keeps sex slaves?  Do you have documentation to this effect?  Testimonials?  Kinky pictures of Shifty dressed in leather?  If you do, please share (for the good of the public, of course).  I (and I'm sure many others) eagerly await the sexy, sexy substantiation you say that you're able to provide.

Hey now, it'd be a massive, unforgivable violation of the bro code to publish the pictures, you know that; I'd never do that to my hippo and snek bros. Never!

Trying to get me to give up my blackmail material, smh...

Edit: At this point, it should go without saying but I'll say it anyway: There's nothing further to say. There is no more argument to be made, there is no further point to make, there is no reason to further discussion. I wanted to clarify myself for the benefit of the individuals that said they misunderstood me, not to continue to point out the same fallacies and inconsistencies that have been pointed out ad nauseam.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

1 hour ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

Or perhaps some people just like BK? If you leave the forum circle jerk behind it’s almost like we’re not as reviled as every call out thread would have you believe. You’ve chugged so much koolaid that because you dislike BK literally everyone dislikes BK or is enslaved to them and incapable of being able to openly dislike BK. 

If you want to change the perception of your alliance, you may want to start with your leader, as he does a pretty good job of making enemies.  I know my BK dislike has been earned.

4 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

If you want to change the perception of your alliance, you may want to start with your leader, as he does a pretty good job of making enemies.  I know my BK dislike has been earned.

He...  is BK's leader. ?

2 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

For my part as a loud, obnoxious, hyperbolic and (too) blunt voice on the forums and in our environment, I apologise for how insecure I may personally make anyone feel. It's honestly hard for me to remember that not everyone is as unashamedly independent and forceful as me, that not everyone is comfortable with having the game tell them they've 'lost' something, that not everyone is comfortable with the idea of acting against one's own short-term interests for any reason. I cannot make the same claim of my alliance, of course; I am not and certainly never shall be anyone's mouthpiece. My posts and my ideas are my own, and no-one else's.

You're very humble about yourself, too.

Don't forget that part.

Edited by Alexander Hamilton
  • Upvote 1

Guest Curufinwe
1 hour ago, Sketchy said:

IQ attempting to hide the truth from the people. Typical.

Unlucky for you, our man on the inside has brought us undeniable proof of your habits.

zQGoVfL.jpg

image.jpeg.cca4eef3ef36b359868742d91feee05f.jpeg

Edited by Curufinwe

1 hour ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

On the other hand if 25 pages of salt are to go by he is also really good at making friends? So good in fact that they are his friends without knowing they’re his friends.

You also entirely missed the point about OWF =/= orbis opinion. 

Edited by Aragorn, son of Arathorn
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

literally everyone dislikes BK or is enslaved to them and incapable of being able to openly dislike BK. 

I'm aware that I'm taking words out of context, but this is honestly the most accurate depiction of the political spectrum I've seen this war.

1 hour ago, Avakael said:

This doesn't make me less confused

Allow me to shed some light.

Basically, this is what our little coalition will look like rolling into peace talks in three months with our reps demands and joke terms. 

REOXxOI.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.