"Vassal"?

Sir Scarfalot

11 minutes ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

Wow this thread has been an eye opener. I never realized how problematic my behavior is in. I’d like to first offer an apology to all of orbis for both ruining the game and literally having slaves. KT has informed me only the second is ok, but not both. But I do see this issue here and would like to offer several personal apologies. 

First, I’d like to apologize to shifty and @Dusty, my current slaves. I know being under BK’s boot has been horrible for your alliances and their growth, and can only imagine the victimization you feel. 

I’d also like to apologize to @Elijah Mikaelson, @Sval, @Khai Jäger, @KiWilliam, and @Epi. Your slavery goes beyond even the current slaves, as you internalized it. Your Stockholm Syndrome became so advanced you (un)willingly signed BK after. We all know there is zero gains in signing BK, and any free folk would run as far as possible. 

I will also apologize to @TheNG, @Malal, and @Alexio15. We may not even be signed but regardless I personally make you clean BK’s boots with your tongue daily. Truly disgusting. 

Finally and most significantly I would like to apologize to @Sir Scarfalot. It is apparent that BK is on his mind so much  that we have mentally enslaved him. It is disgusting how my slaver abilities are so effective I can mentally enthrall an enemy during a war. Does my evil have no bounds?

I will reiterate how sorry I am for both myself and BK. Going forward I promise to explicitly stick with ruining the game, the slaves can always come later. 

I'm downvoting coz of the ping (and I expect a subsequent apology for the ping)

Edited by Skepta
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

Wow this thread has been an eye opener. I never realized how problematic my behavior is in. I’d like to first offer an apology to all of orbis for both ruining the game and literally having slaves. KT has informed me only the second is ok, but not both. But I do see this issue here and would like to offer several personal apologies. 

First, I’d like to apologize to shifty and @Dusty, my current slaves. I know being under BK’s boot has been horrible for your alliances and their growth, and can only imagine the victimization you feel. 

I’d also like to apologize to @Elijah Mikaelson, @Sval, @Khai Jäger, @KiWilliam, and @Epi. Your slavery goes beyond even the current slaves, as you internalized it. Your Stockholm Syndrome became so advanced you (un)willingly signed BK after. We all know there is zero gains in signing BK, and any free folk would run as far as possible. 

I will also apologize to @TheNG, @Malal, and @Alexio15. We may not even be signed but regardless I personally make you clean BK’s boots with your tongue daily. Truly disgusting. 

Finally and most significantly I would like to apologize to @Sir Scarfalot. It is apparent that BK is on his mind so much  that we have mentally enslaved him. It is disgusting how my slaver abilities are so effective I can mentally enthrall an enemy during a war. Does my evil have no bounds?

I will reiterate how sorry I am for both myself and BK. Going forward I promise to explicitly stick with ruining the game, the slaves can always come later. 

does this mean I'm free? 

0b3897cd640f95254329f7a2d45d8c77b1c120e.

1 minute ago, Pestilence said:

does this mean I'm free? 

Free to merge into TC, yes. I have a very delicate tongue so if you do you can take my place shining his shoes.

Edited by Malal

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

2 hours ago, MinesomeMC said:

Wait so since my protector is a slave of BK, does that make me a slave of a slave, or a slave of BK. 

Slaveception me thinks

• Haha 1

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

34 minutes ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

Please apologize to me as a slave of a slave, making me a double slave of you. We (GPC) and Resplendent are a oppressed minority and demand representation and an apology.

Oof. Inb4 Scarf goes on about how he will not rest till BK is disbanded and annihilated. I mean, not only have I made him physically disgusted, now BK's making him physically sick. Clearly we are terrible players and need to be chased out of the game, since it doesn't fit with his circle jerk. 

1 hour ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

You're such a HORRIBLE person. I despise you, and I can only hope that some day you will change your ways my son. Until then, I am considering disowning you.

Your Father,

Arathorn

Edited by Arathorn
  • Upvote 2

"I VM due to timezone differences" -Reuben Cheuk

timezoneVM.jpg.64e93c4270b92d26e0ac30572d9351eb.jpg 

Guest Curufinwe
1 hour ago, CandyShi said:

No.. vassals were dependent on the lord because they were too poor to own their own land, and this had no choice but to accept an abusive relationship.

Edit: Not exactly taking a side here, but please represent the horrible feudal system for what it was.

You're thinking of villeins, or serfs, which were peasants who were tied to the land.  The vassal-liege relationship (at least as it developed in Europe) was predicated on the King owning all the land and him essentially 'renting' it out to lords and knights in exchange for military service.  Modern bureaucracies didn't develop until the early modern period, meaning the average monarch didn't have the personnel to administer huge tracts of land.  He (or she) instead granted a portion to a lord, who became his vassal in exchange for agreeing to provide a mutually agreed upon period of military service.  Lords then divided their own land and granted tracts of it to knights and lesser lords, who became vassals of the lord in the same manner the lord was vassal to the king.  Peasants generally weren't regarded as people during the medieval period (unless they lived in a town with a charter), so they weren't vassals as much as property, but if you were a lord owing service for his (or her) land, the feudal system wasn't half bad.  It should also be noted that kings could owe fealty to other kings - the Plantagenet kings of England did fealty to the kings of France for their French territories, while the kings of Scotland did fealty for English lands at different times.  So yeah, if you were at the top of the social order in Europe during the Middle Ages you were more than likely someone's vassal and it was a pretty good arrangement as long as both sides upheld the feudal contract.  

Edited by Curufinwe

1 hour ago, CandyShi said:

No.. vassals were dependent on the lord because they were too poor to own their own land, and this had no choice but to accept an abusive relationship.

Edit: Not exactly taking a side here, but please represent the horrible feudal system for what it was.

Wait... Too poor to own land... Accept abusive relationship... This sounds a lot like what Marxist would say, you're not a... Commie, are you?

Curious.

Just, carry the critique forward on to Capitalism, and we'll get along alright, pikachu man! :>

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

It was during one of my talk shows, in truth I'm not about to waste 12 hours listening to it all to find it sorry. But @Keegoz did clearly state that before the KETOG vs chaos war that KETOG was looking at hitting BK but went for Chaos as BK had too many nations to make the hit damaging enough, I am sure someone can find it @CitrusK maybe you can find as you were there also.

Well, I personally blame KETOG as Citadel was talking about the idea of signing one extra alliance and then split out on our own, but within the forums, it was made quite clear if we did that, KETOG will have a target on our backs, And as we are being honest here in a respectful manner, even tho we had fewer nations and still a pretty good score we would have been no match for KETOG so was not worth us breaking ties at that time. After this war, we may now never be able too. 

I believe I said that we had a plan to roll most of the spheres in the game and that I found it a pragmatic thing to do. I did say that going offensive on either N$O or BK sphere would be difficult alone due to the numbers.

I mean I dunno where you got the idea that we'd roll you because I am pretty sure your announcement thread we just disliked the fact that in reality nothing had changed, you were still BK sphere (The largest sphere in the game). I know at a sphere level, the idea of rolling Citadel was not brought up. I don't deny that we're a menacing sphere from time to time but I believe you may have somewhat misread the situation.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
20 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

Lmfao yes @Elijah Mikaelson we were so desperate to hit Citadel that we didn't hit you when we hit BK and only hit you after people in your bloc ht us.

Yet again, take responsibility for your own choices. 

How can they be my own choices when I am a slave to BK, I really wish you would all make your mind up.

Are we having to take responsibility for our own choices or are we slaves, can your side please stick to one and go with it, this flip-flopping is making me seasick.

Just now, Elijah Mikaelson said:

How can they be my own choices when I am a slave to BK, I really wish you would all make your mind up.

Are we having to take responsibility for our own choices or are we slaves, can your side please stick to one and go with it, this flip-flopping is making me seasick.

I haven't said you were slaves. Scarf doesn't speak for a coalition of 700+ nations and certainly not for me.

As far as I'm concerned BK had every reason to call you in and you had every reason to answer the call. 

Its only you who seems upset by that arrangement. All you've done is complain that you were obligated to enter since the war started. And you've claimed its our fault that you had no choice, when we've not done anything to stop you from making other choices, and if anything have enabled you.

XLL3z4T.gif

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
Just now, Sketchy said:

I haven't said you were slaves. Scarf doesn't speak for a coalition of 700+ nations and certainly not for me.

As far as I'm concerned BK had every reason to call you in and you had every reason to answer the call. 

Its only you who seems upset by that arrangement. All you've done is complain that you were obligated to enter since the war started. And you've claimed its our fault that you had no choice, when we've not done anything to stop you from making other choices, and if anything have enabled you.

Ok, I see like another person you have taking my jokes and trolling to heart, please let me clear this up for you.

I have no issues with my treaties, if I did, I would cancel them.
I have no issues with the war its fun and a good learning lesson for those who have not been in a war before.

As for not going on our own, We did not wish too, just found it funny how much everyone complained about it, I do not tell anyone else who they should or should not sign, so why should you all care if we stay with BK or not.

The whole OWF is just an ego troll feast that makes me laugh, most of what is posted here, is by people blinded by what their side tells them nothing more, I personally do not care it's that simple.

1 minute ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

Ok, I see like another person you have taking my jokes and trolling to heart, please let me clear this up for you.

I have no issues with my treaties, if I did, I would cancel them.
I have no issues with the war its fun and a good learning lesson for those who have not been in a war before.

As for not going on our own, We did not wish too, just found it funny how much everyone complained about it, I do not tell anyone else who they should or should not sign, so why should you all care if we stay with BK or not.

The whole OWF is just an ego troll feast that makes me laugh, most of what is posted here, is by people blinded by what their side tells them nothing more, I personally do not care it's that simple.

I never said you had an issue with your treaties I said you had an issue with fulfilling them, as evidenced by the complaining you've been doing since the war started. 

But if you are all fine with it now I guess I won't see you complaining anymore then. Good lmfao

XLL3z4T.gif

9 hours ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

Wow this thread has been an eye opener. I never realized how problematic my behavior has been. I’d like to first offer an apology to all of orbis for both ruining the game and literally having slaves. KT has informed me only the second is ok, but not both. But I do see this issue here and would like to offer several personal apologies. 

Don't bring me into this.
I'm a vassal. I have no opinion.

<~Sval[OWR]> I am your father.
<+Curufinwe> Can confirm