"Vassal"?

Sir Scarfalot

5 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

What the hell, BK? You expect your protectorates, your "vassals", your slaves to fight for you, as a condition of your protecting them? 

Yep. 

No sweat. I got banned from there too. 

In light of their argument, I hereby urge all "Vassals" of BK to consider that your "vassalage" is in BK's own words voluntary. Therefore, you need not fight for them, if you do not wish to. You need not be protected by them, if you do not wish to be. You do not need to be in this unbelievably abusive, one-sided, powerless relationship.

They're not healthy for you. Leave them.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

Counterpoint: Did BK just suddenly become awful yesterday?

I would posit that a lot of these alliances had all the tools to know what they were getting into. :P

• Upvote 3

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

What's in it for them? This is what I don't understand. You have no independence -- and the "protector" is too incompetent to actually serve its role and needs you to serve as cannon fodder for them to even have a chance. It's the least advantageous relationship possible.

3 minutes ago, Malal said:

BK has been calling their procts vassals since 2015. The fact you guys didn't shit on them with me back during Oktoberfest proves your're all hypocrites. Once again the only morally consistent person is me and everyone should stop pretending they're even trying to be. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk

I personally had no idea about it. But what's really interesting is that I actually did shit on them for something very similar to that during Oktoberfest, in my last account. Therefore I am, by your own logic, morally consistent.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

1 minute ago, ArcKnox said:

>05/09/2017 (772 Days Old)

How would he?

It's his fault for being a noob, just like it's my fault I'm not a GoB member with 46 cities.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Guest Curufinwe
14 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

slaves

*slayyves

Also, like Under said, it's just a flavour thing Yoso and Strum came up with back in 2015 to fit the knight/medieval theme.  So, um, PM them about it I guess?

Edited by Curufinwe

It should be noted that, Elijiahg Mikaelson, a leader of Yakuza, who is a member of Citadel and has an MDP or whatever with BK, was also labelled as a vassal.

However that could very easily be missed stewardship of the discord.

Also scarf, you should probably focus less on the word itself, and instead on the irony that what was basically flavor text became true.

Edited by Akuryo

Just now, Curufinwe said:

*slayyves

Also, like Under said, it's just a flavour thing Yoso and Strum came up with back in 2015 to fit the knight/medieval theme that we never saw the need to change.  So, um, PM them about it I guess?

Right, well, when you're not merely calling them something on a discord server but actively treating them as such, that's when it goes from being a fun theme thing to a genuine and stark insult, and characteristic of very real abuse.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Also scarf, you should probably focus less on the word itself, and instead on the irony that what was basically flavor text became true.

Oh, I don't disagree, I'm just saying that it really should go without saying. If it doesn't, then the kool-aid is already drunk, and there's no hope for logical discourse on the subject.

Guest Curufinwe
Just now, Sir Scarfalot said:

Right, well, when you're not merely calling them something on a discord server but actively treating them as such, that's when it goes from being a fun theme thing to a genuine and stark insult, and characteristic of very real abuse.

Like, we're buying and selling them on a market?  And that we had slave catchers roam the countryside and drag them to our shores?  And we're forcing them to engage in unpaid agricultural labour for several generations?  That's what you mean by actively treating them like slaves?   Cuz otherwise you might be acting a little hyperbolic for relationships between AAs in a browser sim.  

You be you though I guess ? 

1 minute ago, Curufinwe said:

Like, we're buying and selling them on a market?  And that we had slave catchers roam the countryside and drag them to our shores?  And we're forcing them to engage in unpaid agricultural labour for several generations?  That's what you mean by actively treating them like slaves?   Cuz otherwise you might be acting a little hyperbolic for relationships between AAs in a browser sim.  

You be you though I guess ? 

Like, you're keeping them under your leash by threat, and forcing them to engage in unproductive warfare at your convenience for years, so yeah, that's what I'd call you treating them like slaves.

But sure, break out the old "Scarfy is just a hyperbole machine" defense, as if it somehow disproves the substance of my claims. True though it is, I am the most hyperbole ever :P

• Downvote 6