Endgame?

Sir Scarfalot

2 minutes ago, Frawley said:

No we don't. If we make an actual agreement we stick to it.  Hence we would have been in if it existed.  It doesn't which is why we have come into a totally different section of the war days later.

Well the people you accused of having paperless ties in the past, and the moves you justified on the basis of the assumption those paperless ties exist, never had actual agreements they stuck to either.

And yeah Abbas Frawley brought you up as an example and I used that as an excuse to make a light snipe at you, because that's my rule. :D

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

13 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

That's a paperless tie, by the definition your government has established. I know I was accused of holding paperless ties for far, far less. :P

So you maintained paperless ties to IQ while allying t$. Which everyone can obviously tell, but doesn't jive well with the narrative Kayser was trying to spew. That's my point, mostly.

Being privy, we’ve been approached by multiple spheres/people for a variety of hits. As always the lengths of those conversations might wary but we’ve always declined. If we had signed on to a war or a rolling with tC, tS and HS would have been involved in that discussion and things would have moved forward differently. 

Our tie with polar is an example of how we function. That relationship would always exist and we’d always reserve a right to defend one another where we can. Rather than keeping that tie paperless, we downgraded our MD and continue maintaining the tie because that’s how we roll. Quite straightforward.

Thats miles in difference to you actually hacking agreements to defend one another in case you are ever attacked while publicly running a different line. The fact that for the longest time TKR denied the existence of TS protection during that paperless face till their Prince at the time came out and told us the truth, our belief was right. There were a set agreements that existed and would kick in under specific circumstances. If those existed here, we’d be balls deep into KETOG or Chaos Rn defending BK and not focusing our efforts and a different war/design.

Edited by Shadowthrone
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Ok, I mean, I was being a little flippant, so I'll try again. Here's the thing then. I mean, for next time. :P

There's a difference between hearing a rumour and thinking that rumour has credibility. The biggest thing that makes me assume NPO as a whole is being disingenuous about what they knew about the quoted part in the leaked material is that they issued a flat denial, which is pretty much unthinkable. TCW said they intended to hit up your sphere, and no one in that sphere ever floated anything to NPO? Ridiculous. My assumption is that they did, and you gave a noncommittal, but not negative response. It's pretty clear from the tone of the posts from BK's sphere since t$'s dec that they see this as an attempt to help them. And, that makes sense, because it very simply is.

But in terms of the leak your present allies have claimed to be baffled. So the way I see it, either you are keeping the depth of your contacts with the parties from the leaks from them, or all of you are lying. That has me worried more than Abbas, because Abbas is kind of a dingbat. :P 

So let's clarify this. There was something we were asked about which Frawley is referring to but it's not about the contents of the screenshot. So at the time we were dealing with a dragged out diplomatic situation and people inquired whether we'd try to escalate the Oblivion-Alpha conflict and where people would fall if we did when the members started moving in and out  and it was asked about several times later and we weren't sure when it would end. Then finally people in KETOG started bulking up and we actually aimed for de-escalation to avoid the possibility of them going to war over the impasse in peace discussions as it was a reasonable concern. We were never in talks about latching onto a war launched against Chaos. I haven't discounted the possibility of individuals being approached and being keen. Afterwards,  when BK and TCW went ahead with hitting Nova Riata  we had no prep for that and the KETOG-Chaos war could have feasibly peaced out and turned on them like in this scenario.

7 hours ago, James II said:

N$O isn't overtly agressive.

KEETOG has been rolling small alliances one by one and attempted to pull one on Alpha. Chaos did the same.

TGH/KT vs Revolutionary Front, and Soup vs Fark are the ones that come to mind. It was obvious TKR and co hadn't learned from previous actions, and KT/TGH have never been kind to anyone. t$ joining BK sphere is nothing compared to what Chaos and KEETOG have put against others.

You should ask Fark what they thought about that war. Soup handled that war in a fair manner where both sides became friends during and post-war.

You’re being disingenuous.

Edited by Kevanovia
  • Upvote 1

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

You turned my minions into sockpuppets, @Roquentin. Hairy muppets who dance for your entertainment. Walking, talking, smiling, singing rags whom you use as ovencloth and will undoubtedly promptly dispose of when their wishes and desires are no longer convenient to you.

I solemnly congratulate you with a tremor of sorrow in my voice. It is clear to me that all that stands between you and godhood is a jester's stratagem. We lock eyes.

Surf's up.

Edited by Prefonteen
  • Haha 4

os9LcJK.gif

5 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

You turned my minions into sockpuppets, @Roquentin. Hairy muppets who dance to your entertainment. Walking, talking, smiling, singing rags whom you use as ovencloth and will undoubtedly promptly dispose of when their wishes and desires are no longer convenient to you.

I solemnly congratulate you with a tremor of sorrow in my voice. It is clear to me that all that stands between you and godship is a jester's stratagem. We lock eyes.

Surf's up.

Ooooo, careful bud. This is starting to sound like it's actually about something. Would you like me to address it as such or would you like to go back to your silly thread? >:D

Edited by Spaceman Thrax

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

13 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

You turned my minions into sockpuppets, @Roquentin. Hairy muppets who dance for your entertainment. Walking, talking, smiling, singing rags whom you use as ovencloth and will undoubtedly promptly dispose of when their wishes and desires are no longer convenient to you.

I solemnly congratulate you with a tremor of sorrow in my voice. It is clear to me that all that stands between you and godhood is a jester's stratagem. We lock eyes.

Surf's up.

Wait is Roquentin secretly the snek in disguise and the present snek secretly roquentin in disguise ? 

52 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

Surf's up.

If only you knew.

46 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

Wait is Roquentin secretly the snek in disguise and the present snek secretly roquentin in disguise ? 

Roq is deus ex machina

Brave and beautiful coalition are the machines

Chaos+KETOGG+Rose are Zion

I am Neo

BK is agent Smith

Snek is the architet

The guy with leaks is the oracle

But I will not save you from agent Smith

8 hours ago, Shadowthrone said:

Being privy, we’ve been approached by multiple spheres/people for a variety of hits. As always the lengths of those conversations might wary but we’ve always declined. If we had signed on to a war or a rolling with tC, tS and HS would have been involved in that discussion and things would have moved forward differently. 

Our tie with polar is an example of how we function. That relationship would always exist and we’d always reserve a right to defend one another where we can. Rather than keeping that tie paperless, we downgraded our MD and continue maintaining the tie because that’s how we roll. Quite straightforward.

Thats miles in difference to you actually hacking agreements to defend one another in case you are ever attacked while publicly running a different line. The fact that for the longest time TKR denied the existence of TS protection during that paperless face till their Prince at the time came out and told us the truth, our belief was right. There were a set agreements that existed and would kick in under specific circumstances. If those existed here, we’d be balls deep into KETOG or Chaos Rn defending BK and not focusing our efforts and a different war/design.

Right, because hacking agreements to defend one another while publicly running a different line somehow isn't exactly what you're not merely doing but following through on? Pull the other one.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

7 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Right, because hacking agreements to defend one another while publicly running a different line somehow isn't exactly what you're not merely doing but following through on? Pull the other one.

Not the case here. But keep trying to believe that. 

On 6/20/2019 at 12:20 PM, Shadowthrone said:

I have answered this multiple times through the thread. We could have had all that you suggest yes, but that is insignificant to upper tier inflation. That does not mean we are here fighting with BKSphere or their coalition at large, but doing what we said we would as laid out in tS' DoW thread. At the end of the day, it is your prerogative to take that at face value, or ignore it, but our reasoning doesn't change because you don't' believe it. 

Under any strategy, if we were in here to defend BK, we would have come out of the blocks the moment they were hit. We had the information, we did not, because it is not our war. If you believe our reasons to deal with GoB/Guardian, then fair and well, if you do not, we can keep coming around this. As you stated, you should not do FA, therefore assuming our intentions/motivations to defend BK, when we've made it clear we have not, and have not done anything to indicate we are on their side of this war, are actions that have been undertaken. Easier to spin collusion, than see the reasoning and deal with the reasoning as explained throughout the last 24 hours. 

On 6/20/2019 at 8:58 PM, Sisyphus said:

Play by the rules and I will too. 

On 6/20/2019 at 2:13 PM, Edward I said:

I'd hesitate to say "coalition", but only because we're not planning on expanding our front beyond GOB and Guardian, counters notwithstanding.

On 6/20/2019 at 10:55 PM, James II said:

N$O isn't overtly agressive.

On 6/21/2019 at 5:39 AM, Frawley said:

No we don't. If we make an actual agreement we stick to it.  Hence we would have been in if it existed.  It doesn't which is why we have come into a totally different section of the war days later.

ThE sYnDicAtE aNd iTs AfFiLiaTeS hAvE nO inTeNt To ExPaNd ThEir WaR oN tHe CoALitiOn CuRrEnTLy FigHtiNg ThE bLAcK kNigHtS aNd ThEir ALLieS bEyOnD gUaRdiAn AnD gRuMpY oLD bAsTaRdS.

On 6/21/2019 at 12:48 AM, Frawley said:

I have been playing polsims for 13 years

I've been playing these things for about as long. Through dozens of games and hundreds of alliances and major wars, I've learned just one thing... just one.

I HATE being right.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

ThE sYnDicAtE aNd iTs AfFiLiaTeS hAvE nO inTeNt To ExPaNd ThEir WaR oN tHe CoALitiOn CuRrEnTLy FigHtiNg ThE bLAcK kNigHtS aNd ThEir ALLieS bEyOnD gUaRdiAn AnD gRuMpY oLD bAsTaRdS.

I've been playing these things for about as long. Through dozens of games and hundreds of alliances and major wars, I've learned just one thing... just one.

Reveal hidden contents

I HATE being right.

I hope the Hippo has been rewarding you with plentiful Scooby snacks.

• Downvote 1