Target Aircraft Not Working

hope

When you click the target aircraft button it doesn't always register as a dogfight. Instead it doesn't do anything. 

If you can't have it always work when targeting aircraft, at least have it do something instead of nothing like target infra. Otherwise, idk. Why have a button that doesnt work all the time

Edited by chanel
  • Like 2

Ah, I'd have to disagree on the proposal; if you want to dogfight you darn well want it to be a dogfight and if you want to airstrike tanks you darn well want it to airstrike tanks. If that means running through the dropdown list again in order to actually register the airstrike then so be it, it'd be MUCH worse if when the airstrike glitched out it went ahead and targetted something we didn't want it to target, thus wasting our resources, planes, action points and enemy resistance.

3 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Ah, I'd have to disagree on the proposal; if you want to dogfight you darn well want it to be a dogfight and if you want to airstrike tanks you darn well want it to airstrike tanks. If that means running through the dropdown list again in order to actually register the airstrike then so be it, it'd be MUCH worse if when the airstrike glitched out it went ahead and targetted something we didn't want it to target, thus wasting our resources, planes, action points and enemy resistance.

true, i think im more just frustrated that it ends up just doing nothing and wasting a whole attack

It's a known problem that the dropdown list glitches out and doesn't actually register the target properly. It's why I do it twice/reload at critical moments just so there's no significant loss of MAPs, resources, and units. I'm not sure that actually helps though because, while every time I have done so it's worked out, it could just be coincidental.

Edited by Dio Brando

• Administrators
On 6/19/2019 at 9:11 PM, chanel said:

When you click the target aircraft button it doesn't always register as a dogfight. Instead it doesn't do anything. 

If you can't have it always work when targeting aircraft, at least have it do something instead of nothing like target infra. Otherwise, idk. Why have a button that doesnt work all the time

What do you mean it does nothing?

This is the first I've heard of something like this, dogfights should work properly.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

What do you mean it does nothing?

This is the first I've heard of something like this, dogfights should work properly.

It will not say "dogfight airstrike" after the attack. The issue may be it doesnt pop up in the attack message after you do it but it appears in the timeline? I know it hasnt always used the dogfight airstrike wording in the attack screen, so that may be what is confusing me, but when I just checked my war timelines it said dogfight airstrike. 

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, chanel said:

It will not say "dogfight airstrike" after the attack. The issue may be it doesnt pop up in the attack message after you do it but it appears in the timeline? I know it hasnt always used the dogfight airstrike wording in the attack screen, so that may be what is confusing me, but when I just checked my war timelines it said dogfight airstrike. 

Dogfights don't append any extra information to the report message, if that's what you mean. The other attack types do (and X tanks/ships/soldiers/etc.) but the attack message already reports the number of aircraft you destroy regardless of attack type so there's not a need for extra messaging.

As far as I know, it's all working properly.

• Like 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Dogfights don't append any extra information to the report message, if that's what you mean. The other attack types do (and X tanks/ships/soldiers/etc.) but the attack message already reports the number of aircraft you destroy regardless of attack type so there's not a need for extra messaging.

As far as I know, it's all working properly.

I do think you should change this to either A) move the message to the end to follow the convention of the other attacks, or B) Post the number of aircraft destroyed in both in the middle and at the end. (i.e.) 100 aircraft destroyed due to the attack, and 150 destroyed due to targeting aircraft.)

Option B would at least show people how much extra aircraft they are destroying if they select dogfight.   

• Downvote 1