We are here for the Whales

Sisyphus

It could be argued that t$ were actually harming BK's war effort by knocking the whales further down the score count putting them in to range for more of BK-sphere's targets. Anyone assuming that t$ was doing more than being opportunistic really wasn't looking at the bigger picture.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

I mean, if the whales wanted to dive bomb, they could always sell down themselves. That said, I do agree that t$ ultimately proved through their actions that while they were taking advantage of the war to catch the whales alone, they were honestly trying to sway the BK war as little as possible. 

• Upvote 1

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

20 minutes ago, Dwynn said:

It could be argued that t$ were actually harming BK's war effort by knocking the whales further down the score count putting them in to range for more of BK-sphere's targets. Anyone assuming that t$ was doing more than being opportunistic really wasn't looking at the bigger picture.

Not much of a impact as you think it is.  They could’ve just taken page from BK and sold Infra down if they really wanted.

2 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Not much of a impact as you think it is.  They could’ve just taken page from BK and sold Infra down if they really wanted.

"Could have"... i mean if we're playing that game the entire war "could have" played out differently. I'm merely talking about what DID happen. And sure, they "could have" sold down, but really, what do you think the likelihood of that "could have" been? Guardian and GOB have always prided themselves on their nation building ability. They have done that since I was a part of them long ago.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

7 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

>nebulous wording

He said, omitting the details of the greater overall conversation that took place surrounding the decision and my clearly expressed intent to keep the war limited on our part and the effort I put into building a legitimate consensus on the expressed goal: which at the time was a strike at the upper tier consolidation. 

>tacit approval

That implies tacit responsibility. If you had expressed your waffling conviction and conflicts of interest to me before I was committed to the war effort I would've never declared in the first place. 

I told you straight up it would be suicide if you declared. So don't act like your ass is all chapped now because I wasn't straight with you from the onset. I'm not the one who had to be so nebulous and vague about my goals that I can only refer to my commitment as "tacit approval" to maintain a shred of integrity. 

Everyone in tS had last minute damascene conversions about what they wanted to leaving this "limited" stuff as the only possibility for war, which created all the bad blood while leaving a lot unresolved. There was no assurance of zero retaliation ever. It was the same thing that came up with virtually every limited strike: Terminus Est on Pantheon/NB. You wanted to do stuff that would pander to your friends so you could look good to them. That takes a back seat to our security when we're told that someone is counting on tS keeping us out so they can hit us later. The uncertainty since tS's positions constantly changed once Hilmes disappeared and strongarming and condescension became your MO meant we could no longer rely on you.

Did you ever once announce you were going to pull out either way? No. Your priority was looking good to CoS and whoever else you wanted to flatter. That's not a priority for me. You were asked a million times of who this course of action would have us relying on post-war. It wasn't good enough. So when someone expects us to rely on the sweet nothings you got from a bloc for our long-term security, it's not going to happen.

Every other alliance who joined in on the front disagreed with your hard restrictions not changing on anything. You were taking heat and you took an easy out I provided. The least you could have done was inform.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, Roquentin said:

Everyone in tS had last minute damascene conversions about what they wanted to leaving this "limited" stuff as the only possibility for war, which created all the bad blood while leaving a lot unresolved. There was no assurance of zero retaliation ever. It was the same thing that came up with virtually every limited strike: Terminus Est on Pantheon/NB. You wanted to do stuff that would pander to your friends so you could look good to them. That takes a back seat to our security when we're told that someone is counting on tS keeping us out so they can hit us later. The uncertainty since tS's positions constantly changed once Hilmes disappeared and strongarming and condescension became your MO meant we could no longer rely on you.

Did you ever once announce you were going to pull out either way? No. Your priority was looking good to CoS and whoever else you wanted to flatter. That's not a priority for me. You were asked a million times of who this course of action would have us relying on post-war. It wasn't good enough. So when someone expects us to rely on the sweet nothings you got from a bloc for our long-term security, it's not going to happen.

Every other alliance who joined in on the front disagreed with your hard restrictions not changing on anything. You were taking heat and you took an easy out I provided. The least you could have done was inform.

Cool, but like, doesn't that actually rely on Kerchtogg actually planning to hit you?  Cause that's the missing link here.

• Upvote 3

Former leader of Chocolate Castle 4/1/2021

"It's pretty easy to get abused by Rosey without being a weirdo about it" - Betilius

"Rosey is everything I look for in a fighter" - partisan

"I’m very much not surprised that Lossi has you blocked tbh" - @MCMaster-095

13 minutes ago, Rosey Song said:

Cool, but like, doesn't that actually rely on Kerchtogg actually planning to hit you?  Cause that's the missing link here.

It was anticipated to engender enough bad blood to make that happen at some point. I brought up the concerns of it being easy to turn  it into tS/NPO pixel hugging and that would unite sectors of both sides to pursue us after.  Buorhann was pretty vocal that he wasn't playing by Sisyphus's rules so we weren't sure what would happen. The indication was that sectors of the coalition could move onto us specifically if they felt they had a handle.  The alternatives presented to doing something bigger weren't particularly appealing. I preferred not to do an isolated hit on KETOG after because that make it about curbstomping them like the war last year and I prefer just getting everything out in globals. When we don't have any nailed down common interest, goals, or plans with an ally, it's hard to rely on that and their friendships with people we don't get along with.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

It was anticipated to engender enough bad blood to make that happen at some point. I brought up the concerns of it being easy to turn  it into tS/NPO pixel hugging and that would unite sectors of both sides to pursue us after.  Buorhann was pretty vocal that he wasn't playing by Sisyphus's rules so we weren't sure what would happen. The indication was that sectors of the coalition could move onto us specifically if they felt they had a handle.  The alternatives presented to doing something bigger weren't particularly appealing. I preferred not to do an isolated hit on KETOG after because that make it about curbstomping them like the war last year and I prefer just getting everything out in globals. When we don't have any nailed down common interest, goals, or plans with an ally, it's hard to rely on that and their friendships with people we don't get along with.

>Engendered enough bad blood to make that happen at some point.
Do I hate NPO with a passion?  Absolutely.  I lost a lot of friends at your hands from Knightfall, and it's ripe time that favor is returned now that you attacked us without cause.
Does that mean we planned to attack you?  Absolutely not.  KERCHTOGG is a coalition out of necessity, a necessity, that mind you, YOU and BK created with your secret treaties that the whole world honestly knew existed despite our lack of proof until you confirmed it.

Right about now, I'd MUCH rather be rolling CoS and reminding them that the only reason they beat us was because we were outnumbered 5 to 1, but unfortunately, your desire to completely control this game has caused a halt to that.  So keep on keeping on about this bullcrap that we planned to attack you, despite all evidence proving the contrary.

• Upvote 1

"It's pretty easy to get abused by Rosey without being a weirdo about it" - Betilius

6 hours ago, Rosey Song said:

>Engendered enough bad blood to make that happen at some point.
Do I hate NPO with a passion?  Absolutely.  I lost a lot of friends at your hands from Knightfall, and it's ripe time that favor is returned now that you attacked us without cause.
Does that mean we planned to attack you?  Absolutely not.  KERCHTOGG is a coalition out of necessity, a necessity, that mind you, YOU and BK created with your secret treaties that the whole world honestly knew existed despite our lack of proof until you confirmed it.

Right about now, I'd MUCH rather be rolling CoS and reminding them that the only reason they beat us was because we were outnumbered 5 to 1, but unfortunately, your desire to completely control this game has caused a halt to that.  So keep on keeping on about this bullcrap that we planned to attack you, despite all evidence proving the contrary.

Every coalition is out of necessity for whichever reason. If you want mini-spheres you have to at some point accept you have to go to war without the numbers needed to win and hope skill etc wins you the day. And yes KETOG, Chaos and Rose was enough to take out BK-Sphere with the advantage of first hit.

Your side this war is incredibly contradictory. You are portraying that you all believed IQ had split and so the logs we had was paranoia and then on the other hand you are saying no one really believed it. So which is it? 

27 minutes ago, ArcKnox said:

Believe it or not, our side is made up of multiple people who each hold their own opinions. I know it's hard for an NPO member to grasp this, but please just trust me on this.

I fully understand thank you. My point is mainly that alliance leaders are saying one thing when gov in those same alliances are saying the opposite. Memberships opinions really count for sweet fa. 

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Your side this war is incredibly contradictory. You are portraying that you all believed IQ had split and so the logs we had was paranoia and then on the other hand you are saying no one really believed it. So which is it? 

>iQ dIsBaNdEd.
>Gotta save BK

Yep, *we're* the contradictory ones.

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

>wE wAnT MiNi SpHeReS
>Run back to bi-polarity at first opportunity.

That statement implicates that BK/NPO had never truly split. Otherwise, there'd be no bipolarity as it'd be KERCHTOG (which is a temporary arrangement, ftr), BK/Cov and N$O.

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

Just now, Shiho Nishizumi said:

That statement implicates that BK/NPO had never truly split. Otherwise, there'd be no bipolarity as it'd be KERCHTOG (which is a temporary arrangement, ftr), BK/Cov and N$O.

You've made it clear you never really believed we had split......

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

You've made it clear you never really believed we had split......

Believing it has nothing to do with giving you the benefit of the doubt.

2 minutes ago, Rosey Song said:

Believing it has nothing to do with giving you the benefit of the doubt.

No you either believe it or you don't. You only give benefit of the doubt if you don't actually believe in something.

Just now, Tiberius said:

No you either believe it or you don't. You only give benefit of the doubt if you don't actually believe in something.

I like how you're desperately defending this little hill you're on despite your leader already having ordered the artillery regiment to turn it into a crater.

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Congrats on actually not having a clue what a benefit of the doubt is kid.  I know it's summer vacation, but perhaps a few summer classes should be ordered by your parents.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rosey Song said:

Congrats on actually not having a clue what a benefit of the doubt is kid.  I know it's summer vacation, but perhaps a few summer classes should be ordered by your parents.

You never believed it but couldn't prove it. That belief is still there whether you want to give the opportunity to be proven wrong or not until evidence arrives to the contrary.

In any case we are simply doing mini-spheres following your precedent. We are just collaborating with BK-Sphere for this war.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

>tfw your ally puts more effort into cooperating with a completely unconnected alliance than you

Being t$ is suffering

Edited by ArcKnox
  • Like 5

Praise Dio. Every !@#$ing day.