We are here for the Whales

Sisyphus

Just now, Sisyphus said:

I'm hideous.

What are you wearing, Jake from Statefarm at 3 am in the morning?

Uhh Khakis

She sounds hideous.

You heard it here first.  New advertising campaign for syndicorp after the bad PR.

26 minutes ago, Senatorius said:

Hang on is this on PnW's discord server?? Genuine question... I don't spend anytime on it. If it is then who is the mod for that server???

no it's KT's personal server

3 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

So real talk here to tS.

I actually believe you, that your goal is to do damage to our vaunted upper tier, but what I don't get is your strategy.  Unless you are expecting to fight us for like 2-3 months, the only nations you hurt in your blitz are the middle tier guys between 20-28 cities, you guys didn't touch a single nation above 30, besides for some spy attacks (which makes me sad, it was my only real way to hurt bk's side once we finished knocking them all out of range.)  Your "affiliates" have only hit our smallest members. 

So is the goal for you to hit the small guys and then launch nukes at our bigger members when they come to counter you? because if that was it, BK's sphere was doing a pretty good job of it, and it could have saved you a few billion in damages.

(Side note, I was actually surprised you guys have a nice little upper tier over there in tS)

We do have a developing group of maybe 12 to 15 nations in the 26-32 city range, but even in that tier, they are out-gunned against you, and as expected, largely got blown away in the first hours of the offensive. Grumpy and Guardian combined have 20 nations between 26 and 30 cities, 21 nations at 31+ cities, and another 10 between 23 and 25; all of them pretty heavily built up. I believe the majority of counters have come from the 26-30 city tier, and so those are the nations that have to be our highest priority. Can't have dessert until we finish our vegetables.

It had to be done the hard way in Knightfall, too- you blew away CoS, TEST, and the upper tiers of Rose and t$ in the first round of that war. We've got none of those other parties helping us this time.

• Upvote 2

Le1AjCa.png

12 hours ago, kosmokenny said:

They scattered into the wind, and I spent the next year and a half chasing them as those who remained in the game changed their names and joined new alliances

Sounds like a great script for a Netflix movie, but IG was crushed and like every other nation who ever belonged to a rolled micro we moved on, scattered into the wind sound cool though, and I never changed the name of my nation. Well that is not entirely true,  my nation name was changed for about 24 hours when Kosmo accused me of being a Nazi to a MOD while Alex was on vacation. Kosmo does chase though, that part of the movie is true. One day without an alliance and whamo it is a Fark dogpile .  A musroom cloud rises over Kosmony, end credits.

3 hours ago, chanel said:

ZS1F62g_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

oQFIh7X_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

^the racist war dec by this person, who used to be named WHITE POWER ranger in caps

xsDq8n0_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

KT member at time of posting 

v4ycOvI_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

kv5chCG_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

is this a record for slurs in a PnW server's public channels?

oh and dont forget all the blatant racism Iron Guard members posted in the KT server and who were protected by KT.

oh and Thalmor's racist bounty

please dont compare kosmo calling you out to prejudice against KT.

Nice, screenshot police.

Yes, Adraya is a moron who likes saying edgy things because edgy things are forbidden. However whatever the context, what he did was wrong,  he got a nation strike for it, and Sheepy was right to give him one. He was close to being kicked out, and it was a tough call. His mercy plead convinced us he is, after all, just an edgy kid. If an excess were to happen again, he knows what would be his fate. 

"KT member at time of posting" How convenient wording. Almost as if the person in question was banned and kicked from KT for saying dump crap and hugging pixels, and later banned from our discord. 

And then someone who does not live within American social construct of pejoratives and is repeatedly told to stop using the slurs you so carefully search for.

And IG stuff, really? Those folks were banned from our channel years ago.

I'd sooner have one edgy kid that I can educate and show them you can actually be cool without going against social norms, than actual closet racists that some alliances are filled with on this game. It's almost ironic how much you guys like putting KT's channel under scrutiny and you are not even in it. We have dozens of people from all over the game talking in our channel every day, and moderation is usually rarely required. When someone brings something to my attention, I intervene. You were our member Hope, and for a good while too. I remember you having a good time, and I don't remember any complaints from back then. As a final note, I know the rest of people here do not want this to go offtopic, so you're welcome to hit me up in DMs about our channel moderation any day.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Vexz said:

Roq? Come on man, is this really a good event to build a conspiracy from? It's not like Empy didn't try to send their bank money to Yarr the alliance, but accidentally forgot to change the setting from alliance to nation, and just ended up giving it to our member, and it's not like alliance bank transfers didn't exist, so I'm honestly suprised this was one of the events to have a conspiracy built from. 

1. Tbh, I'm not gonna talk much about KT/TRF, but I will say that we do care for what our members think of alliances and we insure to not do any FA moves that would go against their beliefs. 

2. I assume this had to do something about Valinor not having any sway on what Chaos did with their FA and what not, but either way this hurt my ego especially coming from you, so I will say this. Valinor and CoS are one, so not only would we have political backing from CoS because Ripper is "I'm in Charge", but I'm also already in the works of taking down TKR and that tyrant Rienne, just that people are cutting the line in it (ignore the fact that I cut it first), and it seems they have not done it so I'm left to deal with that *looks at KETOGG and BK*. For the other members of Chaos I have already set myself up in a good position to have sway: Charlie can be bought, and I already have their Milcom on my side and some gov (Rebel, HannaH, Pika, Venom ♡) so theres that for Soup, and Kev is Pika's husband iirc, I usually get confused on who she's married 2 between Charlie and Kev, but if im right then Kev will have to do what is needed to keep his wife pleased so there's that for Kev. SK? It's Squeegee, he will do what is less work, so it won't be much work to sway him (No joke intended).

I had to do a double take here since it didn't make sense until I realized it was Vexz. The Empyrea thing isn't a conspiracy theory. I'm sorry if it came off that way. I meant it gave more of a reason to fight  that Nexa got some of their stuff. NR scandal  happening also engendered resentment against Chaos bloc. From an outside perspective war starts off fairly casually and both sides are having fun and then the damage increases as certain events occur. I don't know what the full plan was or what they had in mind. It just appeared to be a friendly rather than a serious conflict.  I don't have an issue with it, in earnest but it just seemed to have no real objective at the time except to shame other people for not doing the same thing. The way I saw it is KETOG was frustrated at the sphere situation so they hit the only one where they felt there wouldn't be outside intervention.  I thought it'd just be a limited conflict and the point would be to show that the other spheres should act like-wise and engender a climate of dissatisfaction with doing so.

The other possibility into account was a different one. At a different point when a lot of the game was under the Syndisphere umbrella, it was advocated at a meeting between most of the unaffiliated alliances during Papers Please by I think Prefontaine that we should just ignore the main web and have wars against us each other and if the winners got hit by the treaty web, then the disconnected alliances would give each other a break for a while. The goal of the idea was by not feeding into the main web and typically ignoring it, they would frustrate the participants into boredom and having to change things up eventually. I thought it might have been a variant  of that idea developed independently. This isn't a conspiracy theory. I just had the concept in mind given it fit into the parameters.

With KT/TRF, I'm mostly saying that the tensions between the ex-members and KT are irrelevant to Valinor/CoS's trajectory, especially in this conflict given the decision by the primary party to not partake.

20 hours ago, Mikey said:

So, we get logs that BK sphere is planning to roll us, preferably with N$O also taking out the only other sphere, seemingly in a resurrection of your old partnership. Then, despite strenuous denials from n$o, we hear that there is no tension between you and no intention to oppose each other, and now when BK feels the heat you actively bail them out. As a result we come to the conclusion that your groups are working together.

You see two spheres engage in weeks of warfare, causing significant damage to chaos in both infra and military. Then, after explicit leaks about rolling us come out, we strike at BK despite being in a disadvantages position with chaos having no spies and most of us having only 30% air. Your conclusion is it's a massive ruse we've been planning for ages.

And we're the conspiracy theorists?

If we wanted to fake the war to catch BK off guard, we could have just done a half-hearted blitz and then turned around the next day with everyone fooled. We definitely wouldn't lose our most important units before trying to take on tbe biggest sphere in the game.

As for the 'fun' war stuff, that was all in response to frawleys claim that wars without animosity aren't fun and we should never oppose people we like, leading us right back to the old two spheres. If losing our militaries and dealing 1/4 the damage of knightfall with a fraction of the nations and war time is a fake war, I'm not sure we can execute a 'real' one.

If you heard there were no tensions, there were plenty of the Green color bloc and other things. I never said there were tensions between BK and NPO. Everyone knew there we didn't hate them or anything despite disagreements in how to do stuff. This was openly advertised. No one expected there to be tensions but wanted the deconsolidation anyway. I'm not sure how they've been "Bailed out" so to speak. You've wrecked their side for an entire round of war. Given nations on that side appear to be selling infra, I'm not sure how they've avoided incurring loss because of anything NPO did. 

I didn't say it was a ruse. I said the people involved had explored rolling certain treaty web clusters for quite some time and had been willing to collaborate if enough support could be gained. This coalition's interests didn't surface overnight. It has been a long process in the making starting with the FA moves right after Knightfall. This is common knowledge because people have even told it to the people they wanted to roll. Both sides have been gunning for parts of the other side for a variety of reasons.

It's totally possible to have a  war for fun and limit damage to participants. It's just more if it's not openly stated, it could appear deceptive. The high damage didn't occur until well after the speculation. I honestly don't know what Keegoz had in mind with it. Any commentary is speculative without knowing his thinking.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

>high damage didn’t occur until well after speculation

Uhhh...  what?  Pretty sure there was a lot of damage done on the initial blitz.

I don't see how that'd be the case since there wasn't much infra that was destroyed at that juncture or at least I didn't see a ton despite the lack of military. The stats at the time it was launched didn't show the initial set of raids/ordinary which were most of the decs being particularly damaging.

14 hours ago, ?ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™? said:

I've never tagged/pinged Queen M that way. Anything anti-communist would set her off and 99% of exchanges were same as with Big Brother.

Yeah, sometimes you just go looking for fights you know. However, if you actually compared the number of anti-communist posts I have responded to vs. the same kind of posts I haven't responded to, you'd probably find that most of the time I can't actually be bothered to start anything.

Also, Cimmeria > Hyperborea. Just saying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

1 hour ago, Roquentin said:

I don't see how that'd be the case since there wasn't much infra that was destroyed at that juncture or at least I didn't see a ton despite the lack of military. The stats at the time it was launched didn't show the initial set of raids/ordinary which were most of the decs being particularly damaging.

i have already answered this, but for old times sake i will say it again.  Our attack plan on Chaos was entirely based around it being a surprise attack.  So with that in mind, and the fact that honestly there aren't a ton of infra hounds in Chaos, Grumpy had decided to switch up our normal attack strat and attack with raids rather than attrition, because we figured if we could catch them off guard, we might be able to toss up a few blockades and hit them in the warchest, where it may actually hurt more than hitting the infra. As I said before, it didnt work out as well as we wanted, because we realized pretty quick that we couldn't waste the first strike on a blockade because all of them had too many planes, and end of the day,  controlling/winning the war was more important that getting, as the kids say, phat lootz.

Also thank you tS member that confirmed that you want to fight for multiple months. 

I cannot believe Roquentin, the leader of the largest alliance in the game is actually speculating that a war that caused 250 billion dollars in damage, second only to knightfall in this games history was fake. Yes, we faked a war with Chaos just so that we could both be heavily damaged and depleted in time for our blitz on the blob sphere. There wasn’t a lot of infrastructure damage in the initial blitz? Well of course not, the first few days of a war are always focused on unit kills and getting opponents under control before the padding begins.

Feel your head man, still there?

• Haha 1

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

13 minutes ago, Justin076 said:

I cannot believe Roquentin, the leader of the largest alliance in the game is actually speculating that a war that caused 250 billion dollars in damage, second only to knightfall in this games history was fake. Yes, we faked a war with Chaos just so that we could both be heavily damaged and depleted in time for our blitz on the blob sphere. There wasn’t a lot of infrastructure damage in the initial blitz? Well of course not, the first few days of a war are always focused on unit kills and getting opponents under control before the padding begins.

Feel your head man, still there?

Where did I say it was fake after the  damage was done? Your last few sentences would make sense except Chaos wasn't militarized normally allowing  infra damage to be done. The fact that the war didn't line up with some stuff I knew some of the people involved wanted to do that I kept in confidence at the time was another thing. So yeah I'm more than here but don't let that stop you from playing the conspiracy theory card.

43 minutes ago, Justin076 said:

He's saying it because knightfall was fake too.  The TKR hegemony has never died.  And obviously if knightfall was fake, Surf's UP was too.

• Haha 1

I find it funny KEETOG and Chaos are crying about being ganged up on. It was all chaos did until knightfall and all KEETOG did until surfs up

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

5 minutes ago, James II said:

I find it funny KEETOG and Chaos are crying about being ganged up on. It was all chaos did until knightfall and all KEETOG did until surfs up

Did you not know it's dynamic when they do it. Just how it was dynamic to create mini-spheres to then join spheres.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, James II said:

Crying all the way to the bank.

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

1 hour ago, James II said:

You really don't think before you do anything do you?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

1 hour ago, James II said:

Well let's say in your opinion, because you can't see well, we do gang up on people. Even then, we actually fight besides your alliance.

aka Filip, The Royalist or Tremor