We are here for the Whales

Sisyphus

1 minute ago, Dio Brando said:

I assumed that, as it was back-and-forth between us, and most of our conversations have taken place in DMs... yeah. That was my misunderstanding, I suppose. Apologies. One small gripe: BK's sphere didn't slowly trickle in altogether. They waited a significantly lesser period of time than us. We didn't hit everyone, we didn't launch a full frontal assault. That said... fair points, old friend. You're right as far as answering questions and concerns go. I will do my best to set up a thread and detail them at length soon. Does that work?

Sure, let's see what ya got 

C0r3Fye.png

48 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

2.) The Syndicate and its affiliates have no intent to expand their war on the coalition currently fighting the Black Knights and their allies beyond Guardian and Grumpy Old Bastards. 

3.) Any counters upon The Syndicate and its affiliates by any alliance outside of Guardian and Grumpy Old Bastards will be met with extreme prejudice.  

^ The Syndicate and its affiliates. We're surprisingly on the DoW, and have always been. But keep trying. 

>T$ declares war in support of BK

me: NPO is totally getting involved
Others: Naw, let's give them the benefit of the doubt
NPO: We're not involved

>NPO gets involved

Shadowthrone: LOLOL WE FOOLED U, WE WERE TOTALLY JOINING FROM THE START

me:

51191606.jpg

2 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

>T$ declares war in support of BK

me: NPO is totally getting involved
Others: Naw, let's give them the benefit of the doubt
NPO: We're not involved

>NPO gets involved

Shadowthrone: LOLOL WE FOOLED U, WE WERE TOTALLY JOINING FROM THE START

me:

51191606.jpg

I mean we never stated we were neutral, nor did the DoW state that. tS entered followed by HS covering where they could, and ourselves eventually joining in where we can. Our DoW was explicitly clear with regards to tS and its affiliates, followed by an addendum in page 6, to clear out any misconceptions. 

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

Everyone is banging on about how T$ had no reason to enter, What reason did Rose have to enter again?.

6 hours ago, Inst said:

I mean, you guys more or less said it was a friendly war, which is a synonym for training war. If you had given it your all, Joe Baker, for instance, would have sold infra so he could have hit assets lower down. Instead, Grumpy didn't move its infra, and while its lower tier engaged in much fighting, and Guardian's lower and mid-tiers did so as well, you didn't give it your all.

I know i am like 5 pages behind... but I sold 14k infra, 40k tanks 500 ships, 1000 planes, and 3 projects to hit Ripper.  Inst doesn't let something like the truth get in the way of his posting tho. 

Again, NPO and tS people saying we never taking damage, do you guys know what nukes are?  You really want to do damage to us in a war we are winning, pull a page out of Nuke Block, buy tanks and ships to get up to our range, and launch nukes at us, my vds does not work at all, so far this war i think it has gone 1 for 10, knightfall it went 4-46.  All that infra that makes us all that money that you seem to disapprove of disappears one city at a time when a nuke wipes out 1.7k-2k infra a shot.

24 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

The thing that makes me the most upset about that is you could have stood to gain so much more by just maintaining the charade for another month or two, and then allied BK against us in a revenge war where you'd be able to potentially hit Chaos and KETOGG sequentially as opposed to simultaneously, both times with the militarization and first strike advantages.

Why does it make you upset that we are now not going to gain all this extra stuff? Surely a weaker NPO is better for you? 
I'm having a hard time comprehending your arguments. You don't want us to support BK this war but the war after we you suggest we should ally and take you down one by one. I'm getting the feeling you are more annoyed that N$O entering will make this war more difficult for you rather than any other reason.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

Everyone is banging on about how T$ had no reason to enter, What reason did Rose have to enter again?. 

Rose wasn't making vehement denials of being aligned to Chaos

Praise Dio. Every !@#$ing day.

1 minute ago, ArcKnox said:

Rose wasn't making vehement denials of being aligned to Chaos

As a noble of protectorate of Rose i'd just like to inform you good sir that our involvement in this conflict is completely unrelated to your spheres. It's just a complete coincidence Rose decided to blitz BK of all people at the same time your spheres hit TC, and its down to the randomness of the universe that we hit OFA to help arrgh.

Really this is nobody's fault, shits just crazy sometimes, totally unrelated though. 5000% unrelated. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Akuryo said:

As a noble of protectorate of Rose i'd just like to inform you good sir that our involvement in this conflict is completely unrelated to your spheres. It's just a complete coincidence Rose decided to blitz BK of all people at the same time your spheres hit TC, and its down to the randomness of the universe that we hit OFA to help arrgh.

Really this is nobody's fault, shits just crazy sometimes, totally unrelated though. 5000% unrelated. 

You could have a point, if Rose had only attacked BK.

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

She's shitposting. It's kinda her thing. (All the more ❤️ for it.)

(The point in the shitpost is amusing, though an inaccurate analogy. But hey. I'll hash this out when it's not 12:48 AM.)

Edited by Dio Brando

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

We only attacked BK so I guess he does have a point 

Edited by Mhearl
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, kosmokenny said:

This is just my loud protest to ask good people to play the game better, because you can. And yeah, I'm louder and more brash and assholish about it than I could be, but nobody ever got any change by being quiet and polite about it unless someone else was there screaming hellfire at the top of their lungs too. If you want change to come more politely, Spaceman, then start pushing for it more politely than I am. You be MLK, I'll be X. Official mods and Alex are never going to do anything about this, it's on us. 

: )

This is actually a really beautiful sentiment and I'll keep trying.

• Upvote 3

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

4 minutes ago, kosmokenny said:

This community has a handful of the trashiest trash to ever trash.

Official moderation of that trash has been at best ineffective, at worst deliberately and maliciously obtuse. Alex initially said he appreciated my efforts, and hoped the community would take a more active role in self policing because his hands are tied when someone does shit on discord but not in game. Official mods and Alex are never going to do anything about this, it's on us.  

You must not get out much.

It's not "deliberately and maliciously obtuse" if he can't do something not on his site. Kind of contradicting yourself here.

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

1 hour ago, Dio Brando said:

Expecting you to have any understanding of the situation whatsoever and refrain from shitposting? No, not really. 

Edit: I hadn't realized it was Grumpy's 1000th day of existing. Congratulations! :) 

HOW DARE YOU PREEMPT THE OWF FORUM POST I WAS GOING TO MAKE LATER TONIGHT!!!!  I am still doing it, BUT HOW DARE YOU!

• Haha 2

Just now, WISD0MTREE said:

You must not get out much.

It's not "deliberately and maliciously obtuse" if he can't do something not on his site. Kind of contradicting yourself here.

You have no idea the scope of what I'm talking about. In game shit has been reported plenty of times to no effect. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Why does it make you upset that we are now not going to gain all this extra stuff? Surely a weaker NPO is better for you? 
I'm having a hard time comprehending your arguments. You don't want us to support BK this war but the war after we you suggest we should ally and take you down one by one. I'm getting the feeling you are more annoyed that N$O entering will make this war more difficult for you rather than any other reason.

See, that's your problem: You always, ALWAYS think of things in terms of 'what advantage does this gain me personally'. Well, I'm not sure how I can explain it if you're that unwilling to comprehend it, but my motivation is, as always, to encourage an environment in which I can have fun; which is indeed an advantage to me personally. And the only way I can ensure that is to make sure that the game remains playable and fun for everyone.

Yes, that includes you. And seeing your all too familiar actions and all too familiar arguments and all too familiar shortsighted, maladaptive tendencies makes it damn hard for me to keep helping you, but I am nothing if not an optimist. I'll keep doing my best for you. I have no intention to win, unlike you; I have every intention of creating an environment in which everyone wins, including you.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
wow, forums pls

14 minutes ago, kosmokenny said:

This community has a handful of the trashiest trash to ever trash. Official moderation of that trash has been at best ineffective, at worst deliberately and maliciously obtuse. I tried dealing with it a couple years ago when I went after Iron Guard and encouraged others to join in.  Hell, I didnt even go after them initially because they were nazis, I went after them for the shit they were pulling on discord at the behest of shifty spamming OOC attacks and posting private pictures of another community member, and found out they were nazis. They stupidly left parts of their alliance forum public, and it was full of sieg heil, 14/88, gas em all, and so forth. They scattered into the wind, and I spent the next year and a half chasing them as those who remained in the game changed their names and joined new alliances. Id go to their new alliances and point out who they were, some like Pantheon instantly acted on it and removed the member. Others like Acadia brought things to hours before an update strike by Nuke Bloc before removing the member after initially refusing and promising to protect them, on 3 separate occasions. Alex initially said he appreciated my efforts, and hoped the community would take a more active role in self policing because his hands are tied when someone does shit on discord but not in game. Meanwhile their ilk like shifty and minesomemc rallied a decently sized group of very vocal trash to rail against my efforts. The community that initially lauded Fark for giving no shits and going after the nazis turned instead into getting annoyed by the whole thing and forgetting why it was even done in the first place. Now shifty has some of that IG nazi trash in Hyperborea, and nobody gives a frick. KKKT chased another member from the game with their 500000th racist war dec on her, and nobody gives a shit. The trash is firmly entrenched here because nobody gives a shit and keeps playing the game alongside them, welcoming them into their alliances, and treatying with the alliances they're in. Im not saying don't play the game, or I would've quit long ago. Im just saying Fark is sitting this one out in protest, because we give a shit, and we have better shit to do than join a war machinated by trash. It's why Fark isn't tied to either side of this mess by treaties, because theres frickall we can treaty with that isn't connected to it somehow, though CB was more because we don't want to play the game like TKR does until this. This is just my loud protest to ask good people to play the game better, because you can. And yeah, I'm louder and more brash and assholish about it than I could be, but nobody ever got any change by being quiet and polite about it unless someone else was there screaming hellfire at the top of their lungs too. If you want change to come more politely, Spaceman, then start pushing for it more politely than I am. You be MLK, I'll be X. Official mods and Alex are never going to do anything about this, it's on us. 

Can I just say that this was beautiful @kosmokenny.  If I wasn't just a tiny member, I'd like to help you.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

She's shitposting. It's kinda her thing. (All the more ❤️ for it.)

(The point in the shitpost is amusing, though an inaccurate analogy. But hey. I'll hash this out when it's not 12:48 AM.)

Wait

Akys a chick?

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

11 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

See, that's your problem: You always, ALWAYS think of things in terms of 'what advantage does this gain me personally'. Well, I'm not sure how I can explain it if you're that unwilling to comprehend it, but my motivation is, as always, to encourage an environment in which I can have fun; which is indeed an advantage to me personally. And the only way I can ensure that is to make sure that the game remains playable and fun for everyone.

Yes, that includes you. And seeing your all too familiar actions and all too familiar arguments and all too familiar shortsighted, maladaptive tendencies makes it damn hard for me to keep helping you, but I am nothing if not an optimist. I'll keep doing my best for you. I have no intention to win, unlike you; I have every intention of creating an environment in which everyone wins, including you.

Okay, answer me this. Why would it be more fun for everyone if we didn't enter, but rather wait until the war is over, ally BK and then proceed to carry out 2 sequential lopsided wars against your sphere's? 

7 hours ago, CandyShi said:

This... is so stupid that I don’t know where to start.

a) If you’re saying it was a conspiracy because Rose joined in without being directly related, then this was clearly a conspiracy to leak a war plan to get KT/Chaos to declare. Has more credibility than your conspiracy.

b) Why do you think it takes time to plan to hit someone? This seems to be a circular argument with “KT planned the attack before hand, so clearly Rose hitting early proves KT planned the attack”

c) What part of “BK has the advantage even with Rose in the war” makes you think that without Rose it would be fair? Unless you’re insinuating that Rose is as dead weight as your brain, you’re not making sense here.

Your mistake is engaging with Inst at all. He’s one of the most uniformed people in relation to the frequency in which he opens his mouth. 

scSqPGJ.gif

1 hour ago, Dio Brando said:

You started out believing we hadn't split after IQ dissolved. We had similar conversations leading up to the day of the leak and you weren't of that mindset before any actions had taken place, so please cut the whole "we can't believe you *crosses arms*" bullshit. It was explicitly written down that the leak about N$O was either intentionally false or an incredible misinterpretation of whatever had been discussed, because NPO gov held no such gov-level conversations with BK/tC that he would so openly declare we were with them.

We may have been disinclined to believe you, but were willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, as evidenced by us not hitting you and explicitly giving that as the reason we only hit BK-sphere. The reason people are upset is because, evidently, giving you the benefit of the doubt was a mistake.

Whether this was planned or is an opportunistic attack is ultimately irrelevant. You've shown people that it's safer to act as though IQ remains intact than to act as though it doesn't.

Dec 26 18:48:22 <JacobH[Arrgh]>    God your worse the grealind >.>