We are here for the Whales

Sisyphus

4 minutes ago, Cypher said:

Whether or not if it was appropriate to enter over one slot or fifty, we would have entered regardless against Guardian/GoB. If Buorhann feels the need to counter with your whole coalition then so be it.

that's generally what coalitions do... counter together

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

Just now, Dio Brando said:

Wait, where have I been saying KETOG fighting Chaos was fake? Also, your first point shows an incredible lack of understanding. Granted, those people aren't particularly vocal about their opinions either so I don't really blame you for not getting it.

And he didn't say you did. But have you noticed what Auctor  and other members of your sphere have been insinuating? 

Wine for courage, making love to a camp follower. Tomorrow the battalion leaves for Burgundy.
Wine for courage, and two hours of sleep before dawn. Thank you, thank you  recruiters

You've got wine and a camp follower..thank you, thank you, recruiters

Wait, where have I been saying KETOG fighting Chaos was fake? Also, your first point shows an incredible lack of understanding. Granted, those people aren't particularly vocal about their opinions either so I don't really blame you for not getting it.

I wasn't responding to you dio. The other people in your alliance said those things lol.

• Upvote 1

XLL3z4T.gif

2 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

Wait, where have I been saying KETOG fighting Chaos was fake? Also, your first point shows an incredible lack of understanding, particularly with respect to tension/'good terms'. Granted, those people aren't particularly vocal about their opinions either so I don't really blame you for not getting it.

• Upvote 1

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

1 minute ago, Tankobite said:

And he didn't say you did. But have you noticed what Auctor  and other members of your sphere have been insinuating? 

1 minute ago, Sketchy said:

I wasn't responding to you dio. The other people in your alliance said those things lol.

Oh sorry. Lol, my bad, I thought you were responding to me. The whole KETOG v Chaos war was fake is pretty dumb in my opinion.

Edit: Saw Justin replied to me but the forums aren't allowing me to quote you in my edit.

Edited by Dio Brando

Oh sorry. Lol, my bad. The whole KETOG v Chaos war was fake is pretty dumb in my opinion.

Common ground

Wine for courage, making love to a camp follower. Tomorrow the battalion leaves for Burgundy.
Wine for courage, and two hours of sleep before dawn. Thank you, thank you  recruiters

You've got wine and a camp follower..thank you, thank you, recruiters

1 minute ago, Justin076 said:

Fake wars, like honestly this is the thinking of the people running this games massive blob. 

Who said the t$ v Guard/Grumpy wasn't a fake war ? ?

Edited by MonkeyDLegend
32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

Wanted to say that by going after big players you are destroying the games economy.   The amount of money each player generates adds to strength of the economy, if you have a bunch of strong but small economies you have a little bit of income and not much cash to go around, thats what we had for the first couple years.   Once we had big players who could help smaller players build new cities we were able to keep growing, and the growth would slow around war time and the small player would get a war chest and the big players would rebuild and grow.   The amount of money that we have in the game is because of older players like myself whose purpose in the game was more about building and playing the game over destruction.

If you get rid of all the larger players by attacking them you are forcing the game farther towards all the money is old money in the hands of larger alliances and no players who could produce enough to grow the economy.   Pretty much a world where the warfare is the only way to get funds.

Since we're all shitposting in this thread, I thought I'd leave stuff like this here. This is from a few days ago.

unknown.png

This was taken earlier today.

unknown.png

This is the battlefield as it currently stands.

unknown.png

For reference purposes, Knightfall saw roughly twice the C2.8 on the SynDIQ side go up against TKR-sphere. In the crucial Grumpy tier, Radiant-sphere held a 2:1 C2.8 advantage, while in the 20-30 tier SynDIQ held a 2:1 advantage. Combined, it was roughly around 3:2 in favor of SynDIQ.

As to what C2.8 actually is, it's an application and modification of Lanchester's Laws of Warfare

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanchester's_laws

Of course, this is an approximation and does not compensate for the fact that the BK sphere lower tier protectorates fight like garbage, that certain elements in The Covenant have barely sent out any attacks, and that KERTOG Chaos got the first strike in, and that BK sphere has been sending people in like an Hong Kong action flick wherein the bad guys attack the hero one by one. I'll also mention that, as Frawley states, a more accurate model of PnW warfare would be discrete, not continuous as in this model, but the C2.8 model is easy to work with and as time approaches infinity C2.8 is accurate as the discrete approaches the continuous.

But what C2.8 DOES compensate for are air superiority and ground control. It doesn't do so fully, as with C3.5, but it assumes that both sides can obtain air superiority and ground control. And the initial day plane damage ratio (1.5 vs 1) closely modeled the predicted C2.8 damage effects, wherein KERTOG Chaos was expected to deal 50% more planes damage than BKsphere.

The net effect, anyways, is that BK-sphere is STILL outpowered and outtiered by its opfor, not even considering the various advantages Chaos KERTOG has, and without further reinforcement this will all go to shit. Or perhaps Chaos KERTOG elements will break, since at low tiers BK-sphere has a near-absolute qualitative advantage and with proper tactics everything in the low tier will be blockade held indefinitely.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RedPhx said:

Wanted to say that by going after big players you are destroying the games economy.   The amount of money each player generates adds to strength of the economy, if you have a bunch of strong but small economies you have a little bit of income and not much cash to go around, thats what we had for the first couple years.   Once we had big players who could help smaller players build new cities we were able to keep growing, and the growth would slow around war time and the small player would get a war chest and the big players would rebuild and grow.   The amount of money that we have in the game is because of older players like myself whose purpose in the game was more about building and playing the game over destruction.

If you get rid of all the larger players by attacking them you are forcing the game farther towards all the money is old money in the hands of larger alliances and no players who could produce enough to grow the economy.   Pretty much a world where the warfare is the only way to get funds.

War is bad for the economy? Say it ain't so.

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

The brightside is: Inst will only need to count KERTOG planes and negate them from total planes in the game to know what each side of the coalition has to offer

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RedPhx said:

I get it P&W is in another world war, but my nation is a trading nation only. I only fight back when attacked, I do not attack other nations. I am only in the alliance I am in so that when nations attack I can get backup. I don’t know how you fell about wars but considering you attacked me I figured you’re the kind of person who enjoys it. That’s fine when it doesn’t affect me if you actually want to fight a war I can point you to a few people who enjoy that part of the game.

I however hate the war part of the game. As a result whenever a nation attacks me I place and embargo and hand their information to my alliance for people who like to raid. I’ve been informed that you currently have your war slots full but Acadia raiders will probably give you trouble for the rest of the war until the war ends or you have someone within the alliance asks on your behalf for you to be left alone

I’ll be online every day this week to do as much damage as I can to defend myself. But we can end this quickly and peacefully, and I’ll remove your information from war suggestions if you accept my peace offer or send me one yourself should you regret your decisions later.

• Haha 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

11 minutes ago, Inst said:

you do realize that the "oh noes evil IQ" meme is Noctis level, right? That's why you're getting pwned.

I think it was a poorly thought out plan to begin with if they thought NPO/Syndicate wouldn’t get involved. That’s why they’re losing & I don’t think they have more allies to bring in.

Maybe if TGH gave Partisan his name back this wouldn’t be happening or maybe it was foolish to assume everything real in the Sphinx leak except the NPO/Syndicate Part.:P

6 hours ago, Pasky Darkfire said:

And I'm Carmen Sandiego, GUESS WHERE I AM?

Hahah "you cheeky dickwaffle!" 

I too sir enjoy TFS. 

(Sorry for the ooc) 

Sooo wait.. when tkr, tcw and prots got rolled by everyone it was ok, but when T$ and co decide to attack Grumpy and guardian that's not allowed because they're fighting another war already?  I'm confused but isn't that how the game is played? Just enjoy the war, shed some pixals then we will all shake hands and go back to our prospective corners for a pint.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Inst said:

you do realize that the "oh noes evil IQ" meme is Noctis level, right? That's why you're getting pwned.

We're getting pwned? This is news to me.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

I think it was a poorly thought out plan to begin with if they thought NPO/Syndicate wouldn’t get involved. That’s why they’re losing & I don’t think they have more allies to bring in.

Maybe if TGH gave Partisan his name back this wouldn’t be happening or maybe it was foolish to assume everything real in the Sphinx leak except the NPO/Syndicate Part.:P

It was foolish to believe the leaks he says, as everything in the leaks comes to pass...

Sure, lets assume that BK wouldn't have hit us directly after this war. So what? Now that we have hard proof N$O/BK are working together, the only target they could fight is us. Either sphere vs sphere with either of you having significant numerical superiority in any war, or both of you on the two of us, again with significant superiority. Since we have no choice but to fight this war, we may as well fight it on our terms while we're already in the groove.

Edited by Mikey
  • Upvote 3

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

6 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

Did half of BK delete, or am I missing the part where BK has always enjoyed an overwhelming advantage in all of it’s wars?

Now that there’s some semblance of balance between the two sides of a global war, BK has to run to 3/4ths of the entire game to back them up?

If you’re going to say “hurr why didn’t you let Chaos rebuild”... we picked them up and spanked them into 0 mil, including spies. If you don’t think that BK revealing that they were planning to hit both of us doesn’t 

a) warrant an immediate response 

b) make allowing Chaos to spend 20 days rebuilding its spies seem stupid

you’re honestly beyond trying to reason with. 

Here let me simplify it for you.

1) Chaos/KT sphere are 100% justified in their blitz of BK, due to the leaks. This is in **defense** of ourselves, and we have the most valid CB in history.

2) BK are the aggressors here, with the leaks. You could argue that only alliances with the oAP can help BK, but we all know hypocrisy with invisible treaties is par for the course for them.

3) You can say “hurr low infra down declaring REE” all you want, but use that tiny brain of yours and think ahead. Say BK is as fricked as you say it is. What happens when your infra is lowered to a point where we can no longer declare on you? Seems like BK has a huge advantage with this war, as they’re going to be able to utilize their large number advantage while being out of counter range. Having 200+ more people join on the advantageous side, even if they’re losing because of incompetence, is stupid.

Stop feeding it. The more you feed him the bigger he gets and more justified he feels. 

• Upvote 1

FORMER LEADER OF COTL. PLEASE GROW INTERNALLY