We are here for the Whales

Sisyphus

51 minutes ago, Betulius said:

I'll just be over here, with my 5 offensive wars and no counters, waiting for someone to exploit my overextension

I hope no one takes advantage of my defensive slots either. I'm a sitting duck pls no booly.

also, holy shit 11 pages in 3 hours gg T$.

• Upvote 1

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

2 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

>never took fruition

Are you that dumb?

(No, we wouldn't have peaced and hit BK right after you fricking paranoid idiot, had that leak not happened)

I've heard VM'ing is good when the salt gets too much to handle.

• Downvote 2

41 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

Come now. I'm just messing around at the moment. Surely you are aware enough that you didn't construe that as my line of argument? Apparently not. Given that his post ignores nuance and jumps straight to showing the treaty web without replying to my point, I saw fit to reply to it as I would any other shitpost: with a shitpost.

Edit2: I have an obligation to share Partisnek's posts. Here: 

Alright, so what you’re saying is that you simply *have* no substantial rebuttal to Smith’s clear and obvious implied (almost to the point of direct) point that your hegemony is based on being good at consolidating and signing garbage treaties, covering their inadequacies with sheer quality-free bulk?

I’ll take that as a concession of the point. Checkm8.

Tbqh

This whole thing is a war over a leak that didn't happen but was considered

and now that war is happening according to what Chaos and KETOGG feared

So uhh, this kinda happened because the decision to blitz BK and tC was made

Anywho, if Neo-IQ controls the game, then there isn't even a need to argue in this thread.

Next up we just need to get Neo-IQ leaders as mods and ban the opposing spheres. Purge 'em all.

We're gonna win on all fronts by consolidating even irl. Rumor is IQ leaders are gonna marry into Alex's family for actual ownership of the game.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Justin076 said:

Ok are Syndi-IQ people actually uttering the words along the lines of "we have to deal with a threat to the game" when they have literally consolidated a massive hegemonic blob? A blob thats only competition is two much smaller spheres? 

Not sure, which is more threatening, upper tier consolidation or mid tier consolidation? 

5 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Alright, so what you’re saying is that you simply *have* no substantial rebuttal to Smith’s clear and obvious implied (almost to the point of direct) point that your hegemony is based on being good at consolidating and signing garbage treaties, covering their inadequacies with sheer quality-free bulk?

I’ll take that as a concession of the point. Checkm8.

Emphasis mine.

That's a nice argument, but no. Do you want me to start pointing out the flaws with what you just wrote? In the back-and-forth between Smith and myself, I specifically mentioned competency-via-numbers very much being a thing. Signing garbage treaties by definition must mean they don't have much worth. If you collate fifty garbage treaties, you're not suddenly gaining a boost in martial prowess. History has repeatedly countered the points you just wrote. Naturally, there are many in BKsphere/tC I consider inept and incompetent at war, but there are many I believe are good at fighting, or at-least are learning how to function as an alliance as they go. Attempting to paint the picture that all of them draw their ability to fight solely from being many-in-number is a ridiculous prospect and I expect better from someone generally as astute as you.

Fourth I-don't-remember-which-number-this-is try? :) 

Edited by Dio Brando

3 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

The Syndicate and its affiliates* declare war on the alliances of Guardian and Grumpy Old Bastards.

The Rules

1.) This is not a result of hard feelings. This is strictly business.

2.) The Syndicate and its affiliates have no intent to expand their war on the coalition currently fighting the Black Knights and their allies beyond Guardian and Grumpy Old Bastards. 

3.) Any counters upon The Syndicate and its affiliates by any alliance outside of Guardian and Grumpy Old Bastards will be met with extreme prejudice. 

*The term "affiliates" refers to any party committed to this effort, announced and unannounced.

We're attacking you, but NONE OF YOUR ALLIES CAN ATTACK US OK? OK?? BECAUSE WE'LL BE REALLY MAD OK, LOSING WARS IS FOR LOSERS AND YOU CAN'T MAKE US. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Avruch said:

We're attacking you, but NONE OF YOUR ALLIES CAN ATTACK US OK? OK?? BECAUSE WE'LL BE REALLY MAD OK, LOSING WARS IS FOR LOSERS AND YOU CAN'T MAKE US. 

Y'all don't even need us to make them lose. They're already -500m net dmg. Absolutely pitiful lol

thalmorcommie.png

I mean your allies are free to hit tS. If they choose not to, that is on them lol. 

Just now, Shadowthrone said:

I mean your allies are free to hit tS. If they choose not to, that is on them lol. 

Thank you! So gracious that we have your permission!

• Haha 1

Hope the DoW being posted by someone named Sisyphus isn't an omen of things to come ?

• Haha 1

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

Thank you! So gracious that we have your permission!

You're welcome! Always a pleasure to solve your complaints and grievances. Remember, our counter opens again, in about 5 minutes~ 

1 minute ago, James II said:

*Cries fowl over alleged consolidation*
*Consolidates*
*Gets  mad when people criticize them for ACTUALLY consolidating*

*replies without quoting anyone*

*no one knows who you are talking about*

*mystery maintained*

1 minute ago, James II said:

*Cries fowl over alleged consolidation*
*Consolidates*
*Gets  mad when people criticize them for ACTUALLY consolidating*

Sounds a bit like their plan was to declare war, expect them to declare war, whine because they actually did declare war. 

15 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

Emphasis mine.

That's a nice argument, but no. Do you want me to start pointing out the flaws with what you just wrote? In the back-and-forth between Smith and myself, I specifically mentioned competency-via-numbers very much being a thing. Signing garbage treaties by definition must mean they don't have much worth. If you collate fifty garbage treaties, you're not suddenly gaining a boost in martial prowess. History has repeatedly countered the points you just wrote. Naturally, there are many in BKsphere/tC I consider inept and incompetent at war, but there are many I believe are good at fighting, or at-least are learning how to function as an alliance as they go. Attempting to paint the picture that all of them draw their ability to fight solely from being many-in-number is a ridiculous prospect and I expect better from someone generally as astute as you.

Fourth I-don't-remember-which-number-this-is try? :) 

Look, either “competency by virtue of quantity of numbers covering for deficiencies in quality of said numbers” is either a thing or it is not. So is your strategy, as smith points out, to sign as many treaties as possible and accept anyone possible in order to bulk up numbers and thus compete by using numbers to compensate for relative lack of tiering/activity/experience/discipline, or is that not your strategy?

More to the point I was originally making, @Smith made a clear, concise, and well-considered point, to which you essentially responded that you don’t have a response or at least were unwilling to make one. Either way, that’s a concession of his point.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

Guest Frawley
11 minutes ago, Vesemir said:

Y'all don't even need us to make them lose. They're already -500m net dmg. Absolutely pitiful lol

Honestly, I feel like I should put a big sign on the war stats with the pre-war infra levels.  Whoever wins this conflict won't change the fact that you cannot destroy infra that doesn't exist.  Infra is the single largest cost in the war stats, so its always going to look like one side is kicking ass.  The better metric is to look at units killed/lost, and that is presently in Chaos/KERTOG's favour at a coalition level.

2 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Look, either “competency by virtue of numbers covering for deficiencies in quality of said numbers” is either a thing or it is not. So is your strategy, as smith points out, to sign as many treaties as possible and accept anyone possible in order to bulk up numbers and thus compete by using numbers to compensate for relative lack of tiering/activity/experience/discipline, or is that not your strategy?

I mean, doesn't that basically mean that they aren't exactly a hegemony, but a competitor...?   

4 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Look, either “competency by virtue of numbers covering for deficiencies in quality of said numbers” is either a thing or it is not. So is your strategy, as smith points out, to sign as many treaties as possible and accept anyone possible in order to bulk up numbers and thus compete by using numbers to compensate for relative lack of tiering/activity/experience/discipline, or is that not your strategy?

More to the point I was originally making, @Smith made a clear, concise, and well-considered point, to which you essentially responded that you don’t have a response or at least were unwilling to make one. Either way, that’s a concession of his point.

Okay, let me put it this way. BKsphere is a mixture of competent fighters and seasoned warriors, with a not-insignificant mass of untested players. Whether it is via recruitment practices, signing/maintenance of treaties, it is inherently a disingenuous position to adopt to claim that one is a hegemony and incompetent. If they draw their competence via numbers/quantity, then surely you see that negating the first point. If they are not drawing competency/martial prowess from any of these, then surely it contests the idea that they are a hegemony. Do you see where I'm going with this? Smith's point was cleverly delivered and I had a laugh. I saw fit to respond to that with a shitpost, apologies if that does not meet the standard.

• Upvote 1

Can you clarify something important to me?

Until t$ and GG are at war no alliance of the N$O bloc will attack an alliance of the Chaos/KETOGG bloc unless attacked? Is this right?

• Upvote 1