We are here for the Whales

Sisyphus

1 minute ago, Vent said:

Nobody 'called us in', this war has nothing to do with BK's war.

You're right, it's just a mysterious, no grudges, for the heck of it war.

Despite the insistence of the larger spheres like yours that such things are pointless.

Makes about as much sense as all this big talk from TC while their entire sphere has launched barely 100 counters, lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

30 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

You have the right to refuse help and not activate your treaty, as I understand these things. 

Oh, so when we counter T$ that means they’ll refuse NPO’s “offer” of activating their Mdp? Good to know ?

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ?ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™? said:

Everyone here is salty af

Yet I'm here just happy we're being mentioned

We did it bois, we can die in peace.

Same hehe

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Akuryo said:

Despite the insistence of the larger spheres like yours that such things are pointless.

Makes about as much sense as all this big talk from TC while their entire sphere has launched barely 100 counters, lol.

It's my understanding that 'no grudges, for the heck of it' wars are encouraged as being 'dynamic'. What's your point?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, ?ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™? said:

Everyone here is salty af

Yet I'm here just happy we're being mentioned

We did it bois, we can die in peace.

I'd never forget you baby.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dusty said:

I feel like your forgetting a few things when you try to state that this is a dogpile.

Please feel free to share the average city counts for both sides, feel like that will better reflect the member counts, and ya missed a few alliances on each side, as well you missed that you guys hit several unmiltarized alliances while being war torn and crying "we still have postive damadge" no shit ya do there's nothing to burn. Stop !@#$ing about it be a dog pile and face the war ya started.

The averages were already mentioned, go be stupid somewhere else.

The average city count between the two sides, to reiterate for you, is 18 vs 14, KETOG/Chaos/Rose vs BK. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

This is not a heck of a war though. tS has designed it such to hit a tier that is untouched, and undamaged and being one of the few alliances with even some numbers to ensure that upper tier inflation still faces damage. Even if its a losing cause, there is an intent, and that isn't based around a "heck of it" war. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Vent said:

It's my understanding that 'no grudges, for the heck of it' wars are encouraged as being 'dynamic'. What's your point?

The point is your sphere doesn't believe in such things making it a transparent wall of bullshit. Which i expect from you, just not necessarily the rest of t$.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Vent said:

that t$ isnt joining for the heck of it, and that they are joining to aid BK and Co.

unless, of course, there's another reason for this happening? however, something tells me that you'll respond saying there is no reason, or that you cant tell us the reason

Edited by chanel
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

I do not understand the thinking of KERTOG when they keep saying the fight was even, and You do realise how wars work yes. How is it also for your upper tiers to have no infrastructure, therefore, letting nations with 32 cities hit people with 18 cities only due to the small nation having infrastructure, So please explain to me how its fair to have what 150 nations above 20 cities plus, down declaring nations on 15 cities and such.

Sure it might have been fair in terms of nations but please do not pass it off as anything more, you had the upper hand by having no infrastructure and being able to down declare by ten cities or more with having maxed military.

2 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

This is not a heck of a war though. tS has designed it such to hit a tier that is untouched, and undamaged and being one of the few alliances with even some numbers to ensure that upper tier inflation still faces damage. Even if its a losing cause, there is an intent, and that isn't based around a "heck of it" war. 

11 minutes ago, Vent said:

Nobody 'called us in', this war has nothing to do with BK's war. It literally says that in our DoW. ?

Edited by chanel

8 minutes ago, Vent said:

Nobody 'called us in', this war has nothing to do with BK's war. It literally says that in our DoW. ?

I can respect starting stuff simply for the sake of starting stuff. However, this is really more of an attack of opportunity than anything. If this really was a "no grudges, just business" endeavor it could have been done when your opponents weren't already engaged in battle.

4 minutes ago, Kriegskoenig said:

[snip...]

However, psychology, political science, and economics IRL all make it abundantly clear that human nature hates both uncertainty and abundant war, especially war with high losses.  We desire the ability to engage in smaller wars.  That requires less protection.  But as soon as ONE alliance began signing another alliance to a treaty to fight a third, that Eden was over, and we all left the garden.  The slide toward hegemonic spheres is almost inevitable without adjusted game mechanics to make it less attractive.  I'd agree that in a game, fluidity, change, and an ability to have an immediate, observable effect on your surrounds is desirable in gameplay to preserve interest and activity.

In other words, take a large part of the politics out of the game, or reset it/level it at intervals.

But I think you need a different game for that, unless Alex makes some massive changes...in which case it's already going to be a different game.

Hit me up on discord if you want to talk polisci, human nature, economics, and psychology!  Y'all have a fun war.

I would agree that human nature is absolutely that way. Human nature wants us to be safe and to survive, but this isn't human nature. This is a game of pixels. If I wanted a safe space that didn't involve a war I could possibly lose, I'd play Nationstates or something like that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Just now, chanel said:

Hmm? How does hitting upper tiers, have anything to do with BK's war lol. If they did indeed call us in, we'd be on other targets. Anyway, do continue, its fun to watch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
5 minutes ago, Vent said:

the point they are making is you didn't help them, that's all it is, if you had hit say tCW then they would hail it as the most dynamic action of 2019.

What I said in the previous thread is as still as true as ever. We weren't invited by BK/tCitadel to take part in this war, we were going to do it regardless.

o7 tS, let's hope no one counters you lot.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

I do not understand the thinking of KERTOG when they keep saying the fight was even, and You do realise how wars work yes. How is it also for your upper tiers to have no infrastructure, therefore, letting nations with 32 cities hit people with 18 cities only due to the small nation having infrastructure, So please explain to me how its fair to have what 150 nations above 20 cities plus, down declaring nations on 15 cities and such.

Sure it might have been fair in terms of nations but please do not pass it off as anything more, you had the upper hand by having no infrastructure and being able to down declare by ten cities or more with having maxed military.

Yes, because having no spies, population restricted everything, depleted warchests and no break from fighting for weeks is SUCH an advantage.

go sell your infra to 500 if you feel it’ll help you

• Upvote 6

"How dare an alliance hit their biggest perceived threat in the game thereby ruining our three sphere alliance! How are we supposed to keep trying to poach memespheres top tier if ours actually has to fight and is at risk!?!"

Edited by Malal
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Just now, Shadowthrone said:

Guardian? Untouched? I wouldn't say that. GoB, sure. But, then, GoB is merely going to remind t$ why exactly that is. 

All while claiming, essentially, that its for the shits and giggles, and also "lol ur mdps arent allowed to attac or we'll make it 2000 vs 700". 
I mean, sure, great job. Very dynamic and noble of you. Though one now must question why the other whales such as the ones in KT are being given such a lovely free pass.

Realistically, this is either of two things. Bait to drag in all of N$O, or to claim "oh hey guys see we didnt sit out of war there, nosiree, t$ from our sphere participated!"

• Upvote 4