War Stats: Global War 14

Guest Frawley

Guest Frawley
6 hours ago, Reuben Cheuk said:

For some reason one of my wars isn't being counted: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=467294

The KT offshore wasn't registered, it is now.

16 hours ago, Hodor said:

I like that you're trying to do something different with victory/defeat conditions, but introducing strategy as a factor is something that's just not feasible. There are plenty of suicide hits, none of these would be considered victory even though they are strategically significant. Similarly, someone who sits on a nation and does minimal damage, they would possibly receive more damage or result in a draw, but you many would consider that a strategic victory.

You can't know intention, so it shouldn't factor into victory conditions in individual wars.

Its not strategic, its math.  If it costs you more to war than you did, you lost on stats.

Of course it has limitations, NPO doesn't beige as a general rule and the all planes strategy means we lose the stat war early on.  Just the same as being at war previously, or selling off infra improves your 'relative' performance.

Guest Frawley
2 hours ago, Lyev said:

Terminal Jest has switched sides, and is now allied with NPO.  Not sure what that will do to the stats page.

Already added.

10 hours ago, Frawley said:

Its not strategic, its math.  If it costs you more to war than you did, you lost on stats.

Of course it has limitations, NPO doesn't beige as a general rule and the all planes strategy means we lose the stat war early on.  Just the same as being at war previously, or selling off infra improves your 'relative' performance.

Yea, yea, we agree, I was just saying we shouldn't factor in strategy to these conditions. Maybe I misunderstood your original statement.

I wonder if there is a way to make the stats more meaningful, since having more expensive infra to lose isn’t reflective of performance & higher spending if generating more income. Maybe if the value of resources produced constantly throughout counted against net damage like raiding resources; selling down with a negative net income & no resource production wouldn’t be helpful toward stats in the long term. :P

Guest Frawley

We are having persistent issues with high load, LoD and I will likely be taking the server offline for some time over the next few days while we continue to optimise and refine the site.

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

Don’t worry @Frawley, I’m sure @Aragorn, son of Arathorn will step up and show us stats.

Shhh it’s ok the other alliances will reach out and do the real negotiations we get it you’re a real tough guy. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

Shhh it’s ok the other alliances will reach out and do the real negotiations we get it you’re a real tough guy. 

No idea where this came from, but cool.  Less to do on my part then!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

Aren't TGH just an oversized micro at this stage? So I doubt they'll have much to say in their surrender talks as its mostly just major players who do the talking.

Considering the Hippo loves his stats I'm sure they'll love these: 
GPQCfwm.png
58blYDw.png

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 7/26/2019 at 7:00 AM, Miller said:

I heard we’re doing a favor for an old friend and keeping this fight going until your military reputation has been restored. Get comfortable boys, this’ll be a while. 

No we actually did restore our military rep. See people thought we had faulted but we've just redoubled our efforts to master the Zapp Brannigan style of throwing wave after wave of our men Infra at the problem until it goes away.

But serious though yes we've got a lot of work to do but tCW has made some great improvements from the disaster of Knightfall, and when I said "Improve our military rep" it was directed more so to allies since I wanted us to be more than just a meatsheild to absorb damage and so far we're on our side 2nd in damage dealt this war, 2nd in offensive wars declared, and our unit kills are spiking. But I don't deny we've got a lot of work ahead of ourselves but at least we don't have 25% of the alliance hiding in VM anymore.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 7/18/2019 at 7:25 PM, Hodor said:

Is the determination of victory by net damage calculated as a percentage of total damage?

If I remember correctly the percentage is 10%. As an example if the total war damage was $20million you'd get the following:

Draw would be 8-12million net damage each
Victory would need Net damage to be above 12million
Defeat would need Net damage to be under 8million.

• Upvote 1