War Stats: Global War 14

Guest Frawley

12 hours ago, Inst said:

Suggestion for Coalition B renaming: Reality.

This is actually ducking brilliant, but in the exact opposite way you intended.

Roq's Reality for IQ 2.0 anyone?

• Upvote 2

Genius Corp is an Acadia proxy: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=122270

Attempting to contact Kerbin since 1983 (in-game)...

Hey, have anyone seen those fireworks? What do you mean, Jeb had them strapped to SRBs?

Discord: Ray3501#0305. I frequent the SK Network discord (duh).

Are applicants counted towards the stats for each alliance?

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

I don’t think it’s worth singling anyone out. Although people with a lot of infra selling all their cities down to 1k infra & just having enough for military improvements might save on damage on the stats; although as the war drags on the cost lost revenue for selling down versus making out improvements at their highest infra level can really add up.

So the smarter strategy can make alliances potentially look like they’re doing worse for not caring about the $ spent damaging the enemy.

Guest Frawley

unknown.png

Graph incorporates all entry and exit dates from each side.

We will be adding this feature for all unit types soon on the website.

3 hours ago, Frawley said:

Can you do that for the 15-30 cities range?

Guest Frawley
1 hour ago, Micchan said:

Can you do that for the 15-30 cities range?

Unfortunately the way the data is stored now, its really annoying to do that, but in the refactor it should be possible.

1 hour ago, Frawley said:

Unfortunately the way the data is stored now, its really annoying to do that, but in the refactor it should be possible.

Yeah because that's the important part of the war, if a random low tier or a whale have max planes no one cares right now

• Upvote 1

Hey @Frawley. Is there something weird going on with the stats? We noticed that over the last couple days, there seem to be wars missing from the global war stats that are in the all-time stats and it seems to be sort of random, with some wars from the same alliance appearing for this war and others not.

• Upvote 3

BrOQBND.jpg

Yeah about 60 billion in Damage, including the recent Polaris bank loot has disappeared. 

EDIT: I believe it’s been fixed

Edited by Justin076

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

53 minutes ago, Justin076 said:

Yeah about 60 billion in Damage, including the recent Polaris bank loot has disappeared. 

EDIT: I believe it’s been fixed

It has. I'm not sure what caused it - the damage itself was still recorded, but could still be found by going to the nations concerned (Theo and Cobrastrike). Frawley and LoD are working on optimizing things and making sure incidents like the one @Nizam Adrienne mentioned don't occur. It's a process. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jan Orwell said:

The same here. Page shows 4 defeats and 2 victories. In reality I had only 1 victory and 0 defeats. 

https://npowned.net/pw-war-statistics/conflict/12/nation/118533

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=118533&display=war

5 hours ago, Hodor said:

The stats tracker counts victory/defeat based on net damage rather than beige; you might have ended up right on the edge there Hodor

1 hour ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

The stats tracker counts victory/defeat based on net damage rather than beige; you might have ended up right on the edge there Hodor

I feel like that math can't be right, but at the same time, am too lazy to calculate.

If victories are based on damage rather beige; does it include all the damage and losses someone takes when getting beiged when determining that? Seems an odd way to decide the victor or loser in a round.

Edit: Also it would be stupid to do, but if victories are based on damage according to the stats; the ideal way for someone to get a bunch of victories would be just be sell everything & drop some nukes on nations with infra. So with so many ways for people to manipulate how much damage it seems like they're taking by self inflicting it first; beginning to think these damage stats aren't very reflective of reality at all in how much damage many alliances are actually taking. :P

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

Guest Frawley
On 7/7/2019 at 6:16 PM, Frawley said:

unknown.png

This is now live on the coalition pages, we have also populated some data from that's bait war too.

Screenshot_20190712-085335_Chrome.jpg

7 hours ago, Epi said:

RE: How we were able to do 2.7bil of dmg to RedPhx in 6 wars with only nukes...sadly Frawley's stats were down for maintenance for more than half of those.

Even if the site was down, we collect all the data, so your stats will be there. 

13 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

If victories are based on damage rather beige; does it include all the damage and losses someone takes when getting beiged when determining that? Seems an odd way to decide the victor or loser in a round.

Edit: Also it would be stupid to do, but if victories are based on damage according to the stats; the ideal way for someone to get a bunch of victories would be just be sell everything & drop some nukes on nations with infra. So with so many ways for people to manipulate how much damage it seems like they're taking by self inflicting it first; beginning to think these damage stats aren't very reflective of reality at all in how much damage many alliances are actually taking. :P

Yes it does, it looks at the infra damage every city takes, as well as nation loot, alliance loot etc. 

I'd argue the opposite, given that beiging your opponents is dumb strategically, its much more reflective of the actual winners in wars. 

Edit: But yes, it is more sensitive to initial conditions, eg infra sell offs or prior conflicts reducing infra, both of which have happened in this war. 

Edited by Frawley

Guest Frawley
2 hours ago, Epi said:

There is a gap of about 6 days in the stats, ik that much, I'll find the logs later. By El Chach vividly remembers 2 rounds and only 1 was on their last I checked

Off shore AA perhaps? If you have a war id I can check

15 hours ago, Frawley said:

Yes it does, it looks at the infra damage every city takes, as well as nation loot, alliance loot etc. 

I'd argue the opposite, given that beiging your opponents is dumb strategically, its much more reflective of the actual winners in wars. 

Edit: But yes, it is more sensitive to initial conditions, eg infra sell offs or prior conflicts reducing infra, both of which have happened in this war. 

I like that you're trying to do something different with victory/defeat conditions, but introducing strategy as a factor is something that's just not feasible. There are plenty of suicide hits, none of these would be considered victory even though they are strategically significant. Similarly, someone who sits on a nation and does minimal damage, they would possibly receive more damage or result in a draw, but you many would consider that a strategic victory.

You can't know intention, so it shouldn't factor into victory conditions in individual wars.