Endgame

Adrienne

8 minutes ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

Sorry I should have clarified. 20+ VM or 20%+ in one alliance. That would be your side. 

If all of them had entered VM this war, you might have a point. They haven't though but hey, whatever lets you sleep at night.

BrOQBND.jpg

14 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

No your side has 91 nations in VM, 32 deserters, and 26 deletions.

Lmfao. 

My sincerest apologies. My previous figures were wrong. It seems in the time we were arguing my sheet updated.

Turns out you have 92 nations in VM and 27 deletions.

Lmfaooooooooo

XLL3z4T.gif

10 minutes ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

Hurr Durr stats are all that matter 

Says the guy playing a game that runs about 80% off of numbers. Statistics exist for a reason. They're not for the mathematically challenged though.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Sketchy said:

BuT thE pLaNe gAp!!!!

I mean don't get me wrong, the stats debate kinda bores me but maybe someone can translate for me. Doesn't the "plane gap" only exist because they performed so incredibly poorly at the start of the war, and are now just performing very poorly instead?

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

Just now, Spaceman Thrax said:

I mean don't get me wrong, the stats debate kinda bores me but maybe someone can translate for me. Doesn't the "plane gap" only exist because they performed so incredibly poorly at the start of the war, and are now just performing very poorly instead?

If the plane gap is just raw planes, and not percentages, and they don't understand that they have more nations, I'm going to have a fricking conniption fit.

• Haha 6

Just now, Spaceman Thrax said:

The plane gap exists because everytime we overtake their plane count, they bring in another micro to offset it.

What they choose to ignore is that this "plane gap" is spread across way more nations, meaning they have shit all average plane count, most of those guys are out of range hiding in the bottom tier, and a bunch of others are just sitting around. It would be pretty pathetic if they didn't have more planes with how many more nations they have.

So yes, its basically a case of "Look we aren't failing as much as we could be" consolation prize.

XLL3z4T.gif

8 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

The plane gap exists because everytime we overtake their plane count, they bring in another micro to offset it.

What they choose to ignore is that this "plane gap" is spread across way more nations, meaning they have shit all average plane count, most of those guys are out of range hiding in the bottom tier, and a bunch of others are just sitting around. It would be pretty pathetic if they didn't have more planes with how many more nations they have.

So yes, its basically a case of "Look we aren't failing as much as we could be" consolation prize.

Would it be possible to calculate the plane gap, but only include nations that have had a war in the last 24 hours? Or is that not significant?

10 minutes ago, durmij said:

If the plane gap is just raw planes, and not percentages, and they don't understand that they have more nations, I'm going to have a fricking conniption fit.

NPO for example has an average of around ~600 planes/nation right now. BK has an average of 834. For comparison, Rose has an average of 1217. TGH has an average of 1048. 

Most of BK/NPO is 1000 or less planes, as those with more tend to be above the 2.1k safe zone. 2.2k isn't safe as this mythic guy who had 1600 planes last night found out after getting GC'd and Airstriked for 400 planes by me. 

Meanwhile leo will complain with this post that i'm hiding, while hilariously not checking my score, or that is of his alliance to see that i am literally the worst at hide and seek.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Yeah cn is the only possible reason anyone might not like you. There definitely aren't at least 3 other things in this single post that would make people think you guys are awful.  :P

Here's a casual reminder: no one hit you. You were aggressive in this war, based on a fabricated narrative and dated set of logs that just happened to justify you hitting the same people you've been hitting for literal years. That has nothing to do with that other game.

I mean Valdo brought up CN and I was responding in that context. But nice flex~ 

3 minutes ago, durmij said:

Would it be possible to calculate the plane gap, but only include nations that have had a war in the last 24 hours? Or is that not significant?

Possible yes, significant not so much. Lots of nations in beige won't have wars in the last 24 hours. Filtering for participation and/or activity would be closer to the mark.

But even then, the plane count is only significant if it can be used. 

XLL3z4T.gif

3 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

NPO for example has an average of around ~600 planes/nation right now. BK has an average of 834. For comparison, Rose has an average of 1217. TGH has an average of 1048. 

Most of BK/NPO is 1000 or less planes, as those with more tend to be above the 2.1k safe zone. 2.2k isn't safe as this mythic guy who had 1600 planes last night found out after getting GC'd and Airstriked for 400 planes by me. 

Meanwhile leo will complain with this post that i'm hiding, while hilariously not checking my score, or that is of his alliance to see that i am literally the worst at hide and seek.

Grumpy has 2640.  What sucker what?  Get bigger so we can fight some more!

5 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

Possible yes, significant not so much. Lots of nations in beige won't have wars in the last 24 hours. Filtering for participation and/or activity would be closer to the mark.

But even then, the plane count is only significant if it can be used. 

Yeah, I'm thinking back to Git Gud when it was basically a Rose v BK 1v1. The plane gap was in their favour the entirety of that war too but we were firmly in control because of participation and coordination. Usable planes, how would you get that number?

At this point I think both sides are 100% convinced the other is working together long term & potential long term hegemonic threat; not sure either of their views will change as long as the other is fighting alongside each other. Had just one of the spheres attacked, I do think NPO would have stayed out. Although if Chaos & KETOG were working together long term, can see why NPO would consider a threat they’d be better off fighting alongside BK than alone later.

So if these spheres really did align short term upon the leak rather than a longer term plot, will be interesting to see if that dynamic can change or the untreatied spheres working together in this war stick together until the end no matter how long it drags out. NPO’s entire economic system tends to be based on the expectation wars like this are an inevitability & BK/NPO both tier to maximize strength around the same city count. So I can see them holding out a long time working together. Many of high NS nations in Grumpy can’t even fight after having eliminating the other sides upper tier & Syndicate peacing our, so will be long grind of cheaply bought infra probably.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

At this point I think both sides are 100% convinced the other is working together long term & potential long term hegemonic threat; not sure either of their views will change as long as the other is fighting alongside each other. Had just one of the spheres attacked, I do think NPO would have stayed out. Although if Chaos & KETOG were working together long term, can see why NPO would consider a threat they’d be better off fighting alongside BK than alone later.

So if these spheres really did align short term upon the leak rather than a longer term plot, will be interesting to see if that dynamic can change or the untreatied spheres working together in this war stick together until the end no matter how long it drags out. NPO’s entire economic system tends to be based on the expectation wars like this are an inevitability & BK/NPO both tier to maximize strength around the same city count. So I can see them holding out a long time working together. Many of high NS nations in Grumpy can’t even fight after having eliminating the other sides upper tier & Syndicate peacing our, so will be long grind of cheaply bought infra probably.

How many times. KETOG and Chaos were literally at war just prior to this coalition, and did not have enough time to replace spies or full militarization.

What part of that indicates "long-term cooperation"?

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

How many times. KETOG and Chaos were literally at war just prior to this coalition, and did not have enough time to replace spies or full militarization.

Word of advice:  Don't reply or block out Inst and Noctis.

5 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Word of advice:  Don't reply or block out Inst and Noctis.

You forgot Element. He's worse than both of them combined. 

37 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Personally I think if you guys did war each other just to throw them off, it would be such a wasteful plan I have a hard believing it despite all the circumstantial stuff which might make it seem that way. Although whether you are or aren't working together long term will only really be seen when the war is over, so that could be a while with all the talk of this war having so many grudges involved.:P

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

I've lost count of how many times Bourhann has made posts just to tell people not to respond to me, control freak much. lol

@kosmokenny I assume you made him Fark gov?

11 minutes ago, Ryan1 said:

@kosmokenny I assume you made him Fark gov?

I did think Rose had some standards before they let you in, but I'm not going to bother tagging them for that; since that would be pointless. I'm not sure why you think he'd care what you think. :P

• Downvote 1