Endgame

Adrienne

4 hours ago, Sketchy said:

Lolololololololololololololololololol

I'm gonna quote this just to say lol more because wow, whew, WHEW.

Can you bottle that, Roq? I find its total lack of fidelity strangely refreshing.

• Upvote 1

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

21 hours ago, Sketchy said:

Lolololololololololololololololololol

16 hours ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

I'm gonna quote this just to say lol more because wow, whew, WHEW.

Can you bottle that, Roq? I find its total lack of fidelity strangely refreshing.

Oh wow. Sketchy and Manthrax and their entire respective friend groups dislike me and call me a liar? That's really new to me.  Not like it has been the case for the past 3 year or so years.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Roquentin said:

Oh wow. Sketchy and Manthrax and their entire respective friend groups dislike me and call me a liar? That's really new to me.  Not like it has been the case for the past 3 year or so years.

pot meet kettle

• Like 1

TBF, you lie a lot, so it makes sense to call you a liar. If they called you something inaccurate, like a good leader, you would have a reason to be upset.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, durmij said:

TBF, you lie a lot, so it makes sense to call you a liar. If they called you something inaccurate, like a good leader, you would have a reason to be upset.

Oh man. Look who's back. That other guy who's always shit on me and is in a hostile bloc who unironically championed the philosophy of "if you can't beat em join em" and now is part of a side decrying hegemony.  Durmij is a totally impartial and not full of shit party and a true paragon of excellence and virtue.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Like 3
  • Downvote 2

On 6/27/2019 at 8:27 AM, Nizam Adrienne said:

I have no reason to believe you, having heard some of the spins placed by you on other conversations I've had with people who supposedly have no motive to implicate my alliance in anything false.

Were you privy to the forum post where he argued that us critiquing his econ policy was just an excuse to inflict more damages?

We were arguing that they should go to 1500 infra after a war, and they said that they would just lose it when they got rolled. We did the math and the extra 200 infra pays it's self off in under a month on commerce alone, nvm the slots. But nope. Got the same tone argument you did, which is what reminded me.

5 minutes ago, durmij said:

Were you privy to the forum post where he argued that us critiquing his econ policy was just an excuse to inflict more damages?

We were arguing that they should go to 1500 infra after a war, and they said that they would just lose it when they got rolled. We did the math and the extra 200 infra pays it's self off in under a month on commerce alone, nvm the slots. But nope. Got the same tone argument you did, which is what reminded me.

You do realize that was at a time when people threatened to raid us regularly, when our treasure would get stolen by default because people knew we were isolated, and it was a real possibility they would constantly hit us or hire people to hit us if it would be worth it? This all while you were enjoying the safe comforts of the unipolarity you helped establish. So you suggest a huge capital expenditure for us at a time when we had severely limited capital and had to pay reps? How does that make sense?

Have I ever done  those low infra levels since ToT? Nope. Because I've had a measure of security for those periods. You've been attacking me since you became leader of Rose and probably before, so you have zero credibility here.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

You do realize that was at a time when people threatened to raid us regularly, when our treasure would get stolen by default because people knew we were isolated, and it was a real possibility they would constantly hit us or hire people to hit us if it would be worth it? This all while you were enjoying the safe comforts of the unipolarity you helped establish. So you suggest a huge capital expenditure for us at a time when we had severely limited capital and had to pay reps? How does that make sense?

Have I ever done  those low infra levels since ToT? Nope. Because I've had a measure of security for those periods. You've been attacking me since you became leader of Rose and probably before, so you have zero credibility here.

You do realize that those "safe comforts" started out with a scheme to eat alliances out from under Rose and implode us for good so we could be cannibalized into a new bloc? And that Mensa has said, through many people, that if they thought we were just looking for safety, they wouldn't have signed us.

I really hate the whole "You have an investment so you're argument doesn't count" angle. It is literally a non-argument that can be applied to anyone at any time. It just as much applies to you and your baggage.

And since you want confirmation of a timeline, yeah, I disliked your in-game conduct before I assumed leadership. Silent War pushed it over the edge and I have yet to see one redeeming act from you our the alliance you have near complete control over.

Again, this scenario is mostly of your own making. You want it to change, then change. People believed the IQ split up and gave you the benefit of the doubt, and you fell back into old patterns and made everything about yourself again. Not even about NPO, but you. If you don't want to be back here in 6 months doing the same song and dance, you need to change.

5 minutes ago, Pasky Darkfire said:

Guys, stop. Otherwise we're going to get another thread locked and another message from Alex about unity and being nice to one another.

Edit- Struck my joke cuz it was a little too over the top, though accurate.

Edited by durmij
Self moderation

Durmij is a totally impartial and not full of shit party and a true paragon of excellence and virtue.

Uh oh here we go again... Syndisphere, assemble!

• Haha 1

I don't intend to shit on you personally, Roq. And I think you're a very good leader, actually: the measure of a leader is if they represent their community, so my own opinions on your play style are totally irrelevant.

However, you have a nasty habit of deliberately pushing false narratives against my friends. People I know to be earnest, and not playing the game in the same way as you. When you do that, I'm going to push back, and I don't feel at all wrong to do it. Sorry: you don't get to act like a victim when declaring an aggressive war on TKR, again, for flimsy reasoning without me both trying to slap down your alliance, and your narrative. That's the whole game.

• Like 3

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

Since it keeps going back to a few things, I'll post something to try to tone down the animosity and vilification:

1. I really don't like being dishonest or saying things I don't believe.  I posted the DoW even though I typically don't post them and prefer joke DoWs to avoid it being tS breaking their own rules since they felt strongly on the subject.

2. This chain of events goes back to last year with a discussion between myself, Prefontaine, and Partisan. The idea of tS-NPO sphere was proposed with both alliances cancelling all their treaties. This would be a balanced thing as it wouldn't necessarily disadvantage other alliances. With the lead-up to AC involving a lot of criticism towards BK for being allied to NPO and people attacking them and their allies in vulnerable tiers starting with tJest, I thought it would give us a way to end that dynamic, aid in pursuing some other golas, and BK would be able to pursue their goals of getting bigger. We would no longer be a liability for them and it would avoid  This was never fully fleshed out and I had no clue it was given out beyond the three.  It was also never specified that I had to start hating BK or that we'd never be able to be on the same side of a war.

3. Partisan disappeared and tS was less interested in the total cancellation and we hesitated when we found out other people have a stake in it and that they feel shunted because it didn't happen at x point when they wanted it to happen. Prefontaine had also retired and one of his biggest qualities is that he's willing to do things that are unpopular in terms of public opinion and had ambitions most people didn't have so an effective guarantor was now missing. The motives of many interested parties seemed questionable and Chaos bloc formed and we bring up a variety of concerns about CoS/SK. Eventually a deal is reached way later on and it was that if two spheres combined in a war, we unite with the one harmed in a war. Various war proposals to test out the sphere concept were  made with one of them is an independent war on KETOG in which there's to be limited animosity and the people in Syndicate/etc. who have issues with them can box it out and deal with them along with addressing the upper tier issue. This was not meant to be a follow up to any other war or done as a support action. There were events in between that like the Alpha thing that could have stimulated the idea of a joint war, but it was not the intention of the sphere to do it as some sort of long-term powerplay.  Then the KETOG-Chaos war happened, which was odd since until then the apparent intention of KETOG was to pursue a bigger war. The redefined position that  if it ended and everyone rebuilt, we would only hit relatively unharmed big nations to avoid harming those who had rebuilt to normal levels.

4. Sphinx leak happens and war starts. Questions about previous shelved plan are brought up even though Kayser disappeared and his last stated had been about the limited war. I deflect a bit. Initially, I think Cov/BK should be able to stalemate it so I'm not particularly adamant about intervention outside of just figuring out a way to provide some form of war within the 3-6 months time table post-Knightfall I had hoped to be on schedule with. However, we are eventually informed that Adrienne is upset and what they got from their conversations with her was that she would be relying on tS keeping us out,   wanted to lock down BK first and then swing in our direction. The initial dec from tS happened and there was a lot of anger. It's  possible she told them  that out of anger but with every passing day, the situation was deteriorating and a coalition of angry people with low infra and high air was staring us down, there was constant rhetoric about us plotting, having a chokehold on the game, and so on.  It's a coalition of the most well-connected and powerful, individuals in the game's history mowing down a coalition of perpetual beat down targets, inexperienced alliances, and  some alliances where it's mostly noobs. It has had no indications of stopping. For us, this necessitated taking action because it became a major liability to have that unstoppable momentum continue. I've conveyed my opinions on the potence of these informal arrangements some of the alliances have each other and the personal ties many do.

tl;dr IQ splitting doesn't mean we can't intervene if it happens to put us on the same side as BK and does not constitute a reconstitution of IQ.  KETOG/Rose/Chaos combined is super potent so if someone's angry and the coalition has momentum it's a huge problem for us as the odd man out if they can definitely beat down/lock down the other side. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Roquentin said:

Oh man. Look who's back. That other guy who's always shit on me and is in a hostile bloc who unironically championed the philosophy of "if you can't beat em join em" and now is part of a side decrying hegemony.  Durmij is a totally impartial and not full of shit party and a true paragon of excellence and virtue.

If I remember correctly, part of the reason they left, beyond simply getting bored of the dynamic they were stuck in, was to get some material help from Mensa on rebuilding their war prowess as an alliance. Or something to that effect. Considering they went from the but of most PW jokes with inactive members and single digit blitzes, to one of the most effective milcoms in the game, I'd say they made a good choice. Especially when most alliances that have changed in quality have done so in the other direction.

If I also recall correctly, there wasn't supposed to be two sides in the silent war, when ostensibly paracov broke up and they were just joining back for a one off war while feeling threatened. If that is the case, they didn't even have a side to leave. Except VE's I guess as they were still allied.

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

If I remember correctly, part of the reason they left, beyond simply getting bored of the dynamic they were stuck in, was to get some material help from Mensa on rebuilding their war prowess as an alliance. Or something to that effect. Considering they went from the but of most PW jokes with inactive members and single digit blitzes, to one of the most effective milcoms in the game, I'd say they made a good choice. Especially when most alliances that have changed in quality have done so in the other direction.

If I also recall correctly, there wasn't supposed to be two sides in the silent war, when ostensibly paracov broke up and they were just joining back for a one off war while feeling threatened. If that is the case, they didn't even have a side to leave. Except VE's I guess as they were still allied.

The point of the break up they did was because Syndisphere was supposed to recipocrate. Syndisphere didn't have an intention to recipocrate. Joining contradicts the purpose of breaking up one side. I think Rose's homegrown talents like DtC are to be credited more with war prowess than outside intervention. It's also difficult to get good at war by joining an overwhelmingly large side. They also didn't have single digit blitzes before that. You're thinking of VE.

My criticism of durmij is his friendship narrative doesn't really translate into tangible stuff. It only enlarged and consolidated a dominant grouping and he continued doing so before Trail of Tiers and after. So when the main criticism of other people is now consolidation, it's a huge problem for him to throw that stuff out. I can get his perspective where always being conciliatory to your enemies is way better than pushing back on the OWF, but the main purpose isn't to win enemies over especially in cases where they'll have many deep-seated personal issues, it's to offer a counter-narrative so no one side dominates the discourse. He doesn't see that as desirable while it's the reason I post at all.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1