Dial Up War: Propaganda

Kevanovia

1 minute ago, Dio Brando said:

In another realm, a long, long time back, a certain group of people accused NPO of being Nazis. NPO embraced the symbolism to mock them till they realised how moronic their statements were. Different times - the methods won’t be popular in this day and age, but they were effective and showed how incredibly ridiculous it was to accuse someone of being Nazis when 3/4th of the leadership was Jewish (and vehemently hated the very group they were accused of being). 

As for KT being under the jackboot... well, that just made me chuckle. 

I gotcha now. Makes more sense when you have the backstory and context. But yeah, I was really confused about the flag placements there for a minute.

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

Guest Curufinwe
12 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Only 7 people from TKR entered VM/Left/Deleted from the start of this war.  Majority of TKRs VM was before this conflict began.

Think BK has 9?  I’ll have to look at the updated sheet.

Others have had it far worse though.

Currently 7 in vmode actually, though 3 of those predate the war by at least a couple of months and one is because a guy is traveling overseas and can't get his VPN working consistently where he's at.  By way of comparison, we actually have a smaller percentage of our membership in vmode than TGH atm and a little more than a third of TKR's percentage, so you're correct to state that some people have had it worse ?

3 hours ago, Curufinwe said:

Currently 7 in vmode actually, though 3 of those predate the war by at least a couple of months and one is because a guy is traveling overseas and can't get his VPN working consistently where he's at.  By way of comparison, we actually have a smaller percentage of our membership in vmode than TGH atm and a little more than a third of TKR's percentage, so you're correct to state that some people have had it worse ?

If we want to get nitpicky, you have had 6 who entered VM since the war started (1 who returned since), 2 who deleted, and 1 who bailed for Fark.

TGH has 6 VM since the war began (3 of them who returned recently).

You're right though, you do have a smaller percentage (You should work for click bait media) though.

Guest Curufinwe
2 hours ago, Buorhann said:

If we want to get nitpicky, you have had 6 who entered VM since the war started (1 who returned since), 2 who deleted, and 1 who bailed for Fark.

TGH has 6 VM since the war began (3 of them who returned recently).

You're right though, you do have a smaller percentage (You should work for click bait media) though.

Well percentages are a more accurate measurement in this context - if you're a 10 person AA and 3 people go into vmode, it represents a larger portion of your membership (30 percent) than if 4 people go into vmode from a 100 person AA (4 percent), even though the number from the 100 person AA is larger in absolute terms.  Saying one AA has 3 people in vmode and the other has 4 wouldn't really capture the impact that people going into vmode have on their respective AAs, so it's not so much clickbait as contextualizing the figures (which is actually the opposite of clickbait, so perhaps I wouldn't do well in that industry after all ?

Guest Curufinwe
6 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Ok, let’s use your basic skills of arguing that point.

TGH has a lower percentage (or rather lack thereof) of deletions and leavers than BK at the moment.

Well I don't have a chart to consult, but I'll take your word for it, sure.  So, based on your premise, that would mean that BK has a higher absolute number of people that have departed permanently than TGH (3 > 0) but a lower percentage that are unavailable temporarily  (6 percent and change > 5 percent and change).  On the other hand, and this is me being nitpicky, of the 7 currently in vmode only 4 entered it after the 17th (and one of those was the guy with connection issues who renewed his vmode the same day it expired).  You're correct that one guy has returned (hi, JHE), but incorrect that 6/7 people currently in vmode entered it following the start of the war.  Given that the 3 I'm referring to are all in the 17 to 20 city range (IE the range you guys hit in the first wave), taking a look at their nations would confirm that their vmode predates the current hostilities (if you don't want to take my word for it, that is) ? 

Edited by Curufinwe

25 minutes ago, Epi said:

... And here I'd been calling the mid tier dolphins for 3 years... We were sharks this whole time... 

At least the upper middle tier is still Narwhales 

Actually, I self identify as an Orca.

• Upvote 1

Le1AjCa.png

1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

I said the same thing at the end there, Krusty durmij.

At least there aren't any frickable planes in this one

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Macharius said:

B8qzBDh.png

Yeah but except the US military actually has planes, unlike a certain group.

Was a good meme though, ;,,P

Edited by Sphinx
  • Haha 6
  • Downvote 1