New Bloc on the Block

Aksel

If you include top 65 the treaty web gets even more hilarious:

4Mv3lys.png

I just think the game would be more interesting if there were more diffuse blocs (and kudos to the people who actually have vaguely distinct blocs) which would make for more interesting FA as opposed to this clusterf***. Really don't understand the mentality in some AAs who seem to think having as many treaties as possible is a good thing: it just makes your treaties more meaningless because we all know fine well you don't value the 10+ AAs you are treatied to equally - just have a few treaties which actually mean something and both your allies/the rest of Orbis will respect you more.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Swedge said:

4Mv3lys.png

I just think the game would be more interesting if there were more diffuse blocs (and kudos to the people who actually have vaguely distinct blocs) which would make for more interesting FA as opposed to this clusterf***. Really don't understand the mentality in some AAs who seem to think having as many treaties as possible is a good thing: it just makes your treaties more meaningless because we all know fine well you don't value the 10+ AAs you are treatied to equally - just have a few treaties which actually mean something and both your allies/the rest of Orbis will respect you more.

That is what cancer looks like. 

15 minutes ago, Swedge said:

4Mv3lys.png

top 75?

1 hour ago, Prefontaine said:

I’ve offered advice and still do to aspiring up and comers. My DMs are always open to questions if you want to ask. I might take a little longer getting back to you these days, but never the less. I encourage other former and current major players to do the same. Just because they’re and enemy or on an enemy sphere in game does not make them an enemy OOC. 

Hello. Im a newer player looking for advice

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

os9LcJK.gif

People get too hung up on "treaties" killing dynamic gameplay. I've always ascribed to the idea that treaties are at best, symptomatic. Come war time, treaties are little more but assurancs and confirmations. Visualizations of the political chess board. The end of a treaty can be the catalyst to as much movement, gameplay and interest as any war. Some of the biggest rivalries of PW's history can be traced back to treaties gone bad. Just have a run down the archives and see what you can find.

My point is, that playstyle and attitude are the primary drivers to in game content. Keep OOC friendships out of the IC realm. Hang with someone OOC, frick eachother over IC and laugh about it OOC. Be ambitious IC and recognize that you can not be friends with everyone. If you are liked by everyone as a major (FA) leader in this game, then this only means that you have not made waves and are a passive player.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

os9LcJK.gif

2 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

I’ve offered advice and still do to aspiring up and comers. My DMs are always open to questions if you want to ask. I might take a little longer getting back to you these days, but never the less. I encourage other former and current major players to do the same. Just because they’re and enemy or on an enemy sphere in game does not make them an enemy OOC. 

Wholesome Prefontaine hours

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

20 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

People get too hung up on "treaties" killing dynamic gameplay. I've always ascribed to the idea that treaties are at best, symptomatic. Come war time, treaties are little more but assurancs and confirmations. Visualizations of the political chess board. The end of a treaty can be the catalyst to as much movement, gameplay and interest as any war. Some of the biggest rivalries of PW's history can be traced back to treaties gone bad. Just have a run down the archives and see what you can find.

With no treaties wars have no reason to expand into the kind of global ones which pull most alliances in, so I agree with there. Not sure about screwing friends over, but people should try keeping it separate if they end up on opposing sides and taking it overly personal.

45 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

With no treaties wars have no reason to expand into the kind of global ones which pull most alliances in, so I agree with there. Not sure about screwing friends over, but people should try keeping it separate if they end up on opposing sides and taking it overly personal.

You don't need to be friends to be allies, and you don't need to be allies to be friends.

It's a misconception (imo) that politics should be driven by friendship. That's secondary. Strategy should lead in a strategy game. fricking friends over carries a cost that is generally too great anyway. If your goal is long term success anyway. Rather... what i'd suggest is simply adjusting alliances and political agreements based on your political reality and ambitions (and actually having ambitions beyond "grow"), and embracing the idea that sometimes you may land in a rivalry or may end up with controversy.

It's more fun and carries reward along with the risk :P.

os9LcJK.gif

11 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Good news for you guys is that Soup is currently in a losing war, and as their allies in CoS have set the precedence about what people in alliances are allowed to say on the OWF, we could just put a term in outlawing Soup from referencing any temperature of the soup.

LOL

Ngl SRD. I'd love to see that term pass. 

5 minutes ago, TheRebelMan said:

May the Bay Leaf be with you? 

Blessed be the Bay Leaf, Rebby. 

~~~~~

Also, 

I Got 99 Problems but a Bisque Ain’t One!

Edited by Princess Slothicorn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
On 6/11/2019 at 11:28 AM, Mad Max said:

So - with the newly minted Citadel Bloc and now that time has passed since the major changes in the treaty web - I was just curious as to what y'all think?

Do we need more splits, do we need more blocs?

What of BK?

Thoughts on Citadel?

Lets talk.

Hello Max

Many know me as kind of an open book, I do not hide what I am thinking or feeling and sometimes that's an issue, even makes me look dumb when I am replying with emotions than thinking about what i should say before hand, I am sure many of you get many giggles out of some of the dumb crap I say, well with my grammar should I say "what I try to say lol".

Edited by Elijah Mikaelson