New Bloc on the Block

Aksel

So - with the newly minted Citadel Bloc and now that time has passed since the major changes in the treaty web - I was just curious as to what y'all think?

Do we need more splits, do we need more blocs?

What of BK?

Thoughts on Citadel?

Lets talk.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly though, to contribute to the thread, I think most of us would love to see more blocs and dynamic gameplay and manoeuvres. The plausibility of it though is unlikely by the sheer mechanics that we all play the game through. 

The Tactics involved with big moves are usually triumphed as a positive until the are brought crashing back down into the dirt. It's a shame that Nova was daft enough to cheat, because it would have set Chaos up nicely (whilst I can concede that Nova wasn't as prestigious as CoS or TKR etc. they still could have had a cornerstone to allowing a more diverse divisive landscape.) So on Citadel or Covenant or any others that sit in the IQ bowl or whatever we decide to call our next spider web. To encourage the balance that I see lots wanting to achieve in their wars or what not, look into less bridging treaties and more little worlds of gunpowder waiting to explode. Like the fun KETOG and co. are having in Dance Dance 2 the Return of Disco (or Surf's Up ?)

To be frank, I'd love to see a schism like the fun catholic ones with grunted hostilities around ideologies.   

Now just for reference, I enjoyed @Prefontaine Pondering from a little will back what came to mind for me was the Machiavelli player. No what that is is someone who is loyal to their alliance and is willing to make big moves and challenge fellow players that might not be to everyone's or anyone's liking. The community makes this game and whilst I'm personally a young player of just past a year, I have meet some super cool people, not gonna lie. They have shaped news was of viewing the game and it's mechanics. Whilst @Dio Brando, @katashimon13 or even Shifty subscribe to different styles of gameplay (just to name a few, of course I'm missing people ?), even though I personally might not agree with what people are doing or saying it keeps things interesting and unpredictable.

I was talking with @Inst recently, and was indicated about the downfall of CN "the idea that people have active cheats and have "deep opsec" operations annoys the crap out of me". Now in that discussion we were also talking with Pooball, and how the recent server lag might have been more people trying to exploit the system for their own game. Is this Machiavelli gameplay... (I'll let you decide Orbis)

I may not be the head honcho or someone even worth your time listening to, but as much as I love getting to read the big names of the forums the little guys (like myself), do enjoy having a word every once in a while. But it needs to be my duty as much as any other player to encourage the echo-chamber of growth in our game. Mass downvoting a post made by a rubbish micro leader, as much fun as it is, he/she just lacks a mentor, so sure go ahead and downvote them to encourage them never to post again. But maybe instead shoot the person a dm and give them some tips to do the things that CAN address the crux of the issue. Look, they have the energy to bring light to and rework your developed and knowledgable ideas. I'd like to thank @Batavus, @Zafri Zackery, @Sphinx and many many more, who have personally gotten to know me and encouraged me to look to having an impact on the game. But whilst I appreciate the advice that most give of 'oh micro politics is rubbish' and 'just join a big alliance', the danger is this stat:

Rank #50 Sanctuary 57,321.29

Rank #60 House Arryn 28,651.38 
That's almost 30K worth of score difference. In our games micro tier, where are we going to get the next dynamic or exciting alliance from if they have to bridge that huge gap (Metaphorically and Physically) to even be considered relevant (yes that's an assertion on relevant but doesn't matter). To context that's almost 3 @Fraggle's worth of score. So I'd love to see major players testing their own hand like @Maia (I've referenced it as well) and digging in and creating a micro or joining a micro, it's a change and would spice things up. But yet I fall back on the plausibility of it occurring. Slim... Just another thing to read and not take action.   

TL;DR
So what's the point of my little pamphlet of prose, 3 things:

1) To the new bloc of Citadel, (but not you exclusively), as a growing and developing alliance(s), take a leap of faith, if it doesn't work then fall back on the safe option.

2) Emphasising the role of the Machiavelli player, who isn't liked but is decisive in challenging the status quo

3) To all you established players, if you do want your (and our) community to prosper and improve; Mentor, Teach and Get To Know the younger inexperienced players so they can better the game. 

Cheers,

Jordy

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Filmore said:

Screenshot_20190611-094118~2.png

Please read the JordyHams post about being dynamic. Objectively Soup came into Orbis as an alliance looking to do something different. Based on the corner of Orbis the animosity is coming from, I feel alright with what we have been doing.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

The soup is hot.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 11

Wine for courage, making love to a camp follower. Tomorrow the battalion leaves for Burgundy.
Wine for courage, and two hours of sleep before dawn. Thank you, thank you  recruiters

You've got wine and a camp follower..thank you, thank you, recruiters

9 minutes ago, MinesomeMC said:

Yeah but your "Soup is hot" is annoying and getting old. it was fine as a catchphrase but you basically killed your own meme by overusing it and spamming it.

That is the whole purpose. Whenever anyone mentions soup when there is no need to than it just adds to our entertainment. One of the reasons I enjoy you and your character so much is that you do as you like for your own entertainment. No different than us.

• Upvote 2

FORMER LEADER OF COTL. PLEASE GROW INTERNALLY

Just now, Leftbehind said:

That is the whole purpose. Whenever anyone mentions soup when there is no need to than it just adds to our entertainment. One of the reasons I enjoy you and your character so much is that you do as you like for your own entertainment. No different than us.

ye but the difference is what i do isnt repetitive, for your case its just "The Soup is Hot". If you hear something a lot, it can annoy you. That's why we are complaining, i respect you guys enjoying yourselves but please keep it to a respectable tone. 

54 minutes ago, MinesomeMC said:

ye but the difference is what i do isnt repetitive, for your case its just "The Soup is Hot". If you hear something a lot, it can annoy you. That's why we are complaining, i respect you guys enjoying yourselves but please keep it to a respectable tone. 

If you think that’s all we have been doing, you aren’t paying attention.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 2

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

56 minutes ago, MinesomeMC said:

We can just start commenting "the soup is piss cold" when they start acting up. It'll probably just make everything worse, but at least this way everyone can get involved. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Filmore said:

We can just start commenting "the soup is piss cold" when they start acting up. It'll probably just make everything worse, but at least this way everyone can get involved. 

the Soup is piss cold

• Haha 5

25 minutes ago, Filmore said:

There you go make a game out of it. Have some fun, I promise it won't hurt.

Edited by Leftbehind
Double a

FORMER LEADER OF COTL. PLEASE GROW INTERNALLY

3 hours ago, JordyHamsVII said:

3) To all you established players, if you do want your (and our) community to prosper and improve; Mentor, Teach and Get To Know the younger inexperienced players so they can better the game. 

I’ve offered advice and still do to aspiring up and comers. My DMs are always open to questions if you want to ask. I might take a little longer getting back to you these days, but never the less. I encourage other former and current major players to do the same. Just because they’re and enemy or on an enemy sphere in game does not make them an enemy OOC. 

• Like 3

scSqPGJ.gif