Metropolis and Megalopolis: Make Cities Easier to Manage

Lu Xun

Problem: Many people have way too many cities, and it becomes a pain for both attacker and defender to manage and consider the city.

Solution: Add Metropolis and Megalopolii upgrades. These require 3 cities and metropolii respectively to build, and convert 3 cities or metropoli into 1 metropolis or megapolis respectively, with city age being averaged between the source cities ar metropolii.

Cost would be roughly 150 million and 300 million per Metropolis and Megalopolii.

For all gameplay purposes, metropolii count as 3 cities, and megalopolii count as 9 cities. Infra cost and land is treated as infra/3 or infra/9 and land/3 and land/9 for the purposes of the upgrades. The cap on manufacturing and farms would be increased by 3 and 9 times respectively relative to original cities, and the added pollution from improvements would be reduced by 66% and 88% respectively. Military building cap would also be increased by 3 and 9 times by tier, and commerce buildings would also be cap-scaled, but have their effect reduced by 66 and 88%.

Land bonuses to farming would also be reduced by 66 and 88%.

Might be interesting to add metropolis and megalopolii only improvement options later on, but this would essentially condense players like Seb, who have 40 cities, into 4 megalopolis, 1 metropolis, and 1 city.

Edited by Inst

If you find it har to manage your cities then don't buy more, problem fixed.
What could be usefull would be to bulk buy infra for more cities then just one at the time.

• Upvote 2
32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

If the purpose of this is to make managing cities easier, then I don’t think your metropolis/megalopolis idea is necessary, considering Alex can program a quality of life thing where you could sort your cities into categories. Also, I’m confused on the reductions. Can you explain it?

The reductions are to maintain scaling, the result is that you have neo-Cities that have 3x or 9x the commerce / mining slots. Say, with 3x the commerce slots, you could get 3x the recycling centers and 3x the subways, so pollution could be reduced a lot more. Maybe uncapping this would be a better idea in the long-run, but the goal is to get the game, well, see below.

IMO the game should eventually move toward whales with 100 cities or so. This is more a prophylactic for the situation wherein whales have 100 cities and mid-tier has 70 or 80 cities.

Edited by Inst

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

What happens if someone nukes a metropolii (count as 3 cities), and megalopolii (count as 9 cities) do all the cities take that damage if so thats an insane amount of damage from one nuke, 9 cities losing 900 infra in each?

The metropolii or megaolpolis takes 1750 damage on attrition, as it would otherwise.The preliminary effect for now is a cosmetic change, but long-term I could see metropolii and megalopolii only improvements like "military base" which replaces the barracks and functions as 6 barracks a piece with a 5 barracks limit (20% buff on 15 barracks).

I’ve stated it before, but one thing we definitely need with cities is the ability to buy infra to a certain point.

e.g I’ve got 1874.43 infra, and I put into the box “2000”. The game would then buy 125.57 infra. It’d be very easy to repair after wars. Perhaps you could also bulk buy infra in all cities to a certain level?

• Like 1
inb4 new spy operation “Plane Hijack”

This is the 21000th post in this subform and I'm fine with it.

TRI-poloski.jpg

On 6/15/2019 at 6:04 PM, Ivan Ivanov said:

I’ve stated it before, but one thing we definitely need with cities is the ability to buy infra to a certain point.

e.g I’ve got 1874.43 infra, and I put into the box “2000”. The game would then buy 125.57 infra. It’d be very easy to repair after wars. Perhaps you could also bulk buy infra in all cities to a certain level?

Ugh, yes, it's tiresome doing all that freakin arithmetic. What else are computers for but doing our arithmetic for us?

• Upvote 1

On 6/19/2019 at 3:59 PM, Sir Scarfalot said:

Ugh, yes, it's tiresome doing all that freakin arithmetic. What else are computers for but doing our arithmetic for us?

I like the practice, but I'm the guy who computes 40-60 alliances daily for real time plane counts.