Change military buying mechanic to address server lag

Azaghul

Recently the server lag has made the game almost unplayable around update.  People can win attacks just based on luck of the draw if they can get past server lag and their opponent cant.  Taking 20+ minutes to do your war actions is very frustrating.

The problem is current mechanics pushes everyone to be online at the same time.  So I'd like to propose a few options.  Some of these have probably been proposed before.

1)  You aren't allowed to buy military the next day for one hour after buying military the previous day.  It basically nerfs double buys, which I'm not a fan of, but it's one way to address this.
2)  Unit rebuys are limited on a rolling basis,.  Basically, the limit for what you can buy is based on how much you have bought in the last 11 turns.  For example, if your limit is 100,000 soldiers per day, and you bought 30,000 soldiers 10 turns ago, and 50,000 soldiers 2 turns ago, you can immediately buy 20,000 soldiers, in 2 turns you could buy 30,000 more, and in 10 turns 50,000 more.  This also nerfs double buys.
3) Allow people to pick their own update time for military unit times.  There could be some rules to prevent abuse: You can only push your update time forward and/or you can't change it if you've already bought units that day and/or you can only reset every certain number of days or weeks.
4) Some kind of lock out mechanic post update that tells people how long they will be locked out and gives the same lockout time to people who are in wars with each other.
5) Stagger turns for different types of game updates.  For example MAPS and income are based on turns, but military buying resets in the middle of the turn 1 hour into it.

I know some of these might be complicated to program and implement.  But something needs to give.  I also think these proposals would make the game fairer to people for whom update is at a bad time.

GnWq7CW.png

The admin tested out something similar to this on Test server 2 years back called the stack system. It basically allowed you to stack a certain amount of rebuys per turn up to a limit of 70%your totals.

It also changed the very nature of military improvements so you could pile them without limit but they caped out at a certain level. 

It freed everyone up from the update time  but there was a glitch he could never figure out a work around for.(sounds familiar ?

I liked the stacking system but unless Alex has passed his Hogwarts wizardry & gaming class it's gonna rest on the shelf of incomplete ideas. 

• Upvote 2