Alliance Hostility Web

Great Ukraine

How would you determine if an alliance is hostile to another? The treaty web works because treaties are an in-game mechanic alliances themselves do not have an in-game hostility mechanic beyond the war activity of their members

• Upvote 3

Screenshot_2018-12-26-00-42-07-578_com.discord098.png

The nomenclature used in the past escapes me at the moment, but there have been player-made ''war webs" to display who was fighting whom in global-level wars. Personally, I don't find them particularly useful, but there have been times in which "sub-fronts" were being waged in which alliances from Side A would not be attacking all alliances from Side B due to whatever reasons. Insofar as the in-game treaty web is concerned, the ability to propose treaties and have them reflected automatically in-game is a new (and good) addition, but one that came after the manual addition of treaties on a similar platform. At the time, alliances would request that their treaties be added/removed from the web once signing/dissolution of ties occurred.

If you mean 'hostility' in the political/social sense of the word, as opposed to a state of open warfare, while publicly declaring who you dislike/hold hostile intent towards can be 'interesting', it's also moronic as far as FA is concerned outside some very special circumstances. I'm all in favor of making information like this accessible to new players more readily, but sometimes it is better that new players get involved with the community and 'read the subtext' as opposed to get such information handed to them.

Having said that, a 'war web' isn't a terrible idea, and if @Alex thinks it is one that should be implemented, I'd be all for it.

Edited by Dio Brando
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Vanek26 said:

Adrienne is an evil witch.

She turned me into a newt!

I dunno, TKR have always been alright in my interactions. Seems they made a lot of enemies or something before I paid any attention to the politics of this game though.

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, doge said:

Too much work. Plus with raiding it'd seem as though Arrgh was warring everyone. 

If raiding is the only thing that bothers, it can be ignored maybe? The Web of all present wars can be easily built although there isn't always huge wars happening in Orbis. Otherwise, the simplest daily report kinda thing that displays the most popular type of wars that occured that day might be a better option (what alliances involved and if raid/attrition/ordinary). It could just look like a column chart but would be very helpful for following the game politics instead of looking for it all by yourself. 

• Upvote 1

I've done a few war webs through the years and they do get to a point where they look pretty and its cool and fun to make them and then they turn to shit and become trashed up.

3 hours ago, Epi said:

You could just highlight  the current warring parties on the treaty Web, or make ties on a separate Web by number of wars. 

But we need 2 other changes first, the ability to take a HD image of the treaty Web and that alliances sub 50 but over 30k score appear on it. 

No

I think the game plan of encouraging TKR to accept terms quickly in Knightfall, so IQ would break apart doesn’t make a whole lot of sense if TGH Sphere just planned to hit TKR again later.

IQ breaking up seemed completely pointless towards that end & why didn’t TGH sphere hit them during Knightfall instead? Whole thing seemed odd to me.:P

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

10 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

I think the game plan of encouraging TKR to accept terms quickly in Knightfall, so IQ would break apart doesn’t make a whole lot of sense if TGH Sphere just planned to hit TKR again later.

IQ breaking up seemed completely pointless towards that end & why didn’t TGH sphere hit them during Knightfall instead? Whole thing seemed odd to me.:P

Why would we want to join a dogpile that lopsided tho? Heck, would we even have had slots?

• Upvote 1