Out of Character attack in war declaration

Bezzers

Screenshot_20190626-192246.jpgScreenshot_20190626-192239.jpgHere is your proof of him being that same discord member I mentioned, validating my claim in that regard, who appears to have had a run in with an admin before since his name is unashamedly WHITE POWER Ranger on the discord, and he claims so on his forum account, which makes it pretty clear that his name has been changed on the forum, because otherwise he would have changed that part of his information too. Here is proof of his arrival into the valinor discord on the date of the declaration. IMG_20190626_193450.jpg

Screenshot_20190626-193137.jpg

Note I am an hour ahead of the game, so this was actually only several minutes after the war declaration. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

I think the player base has more of a responsibility to root it out if an alliance wide problem, rather than expect Alex to try alliance wide warns.

If TK are as bad as some say, everybody who doesn’t like it attacking I would think the more appropriate solution. Personally I thought it was a let down when KETOG hit Chaos rather than BK while I was still there. So I don’t mind rolling out the tanks & killing off food production longer with nukes. Although KT is already taking heavy damage anyways in this war, so would probably be pointless. :P

• Downvote 2

49 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

I think the player base has more of a responsibility to root it out if an alliance wide problem, rather than expect Alex to try alliance wide warns.

Yeah, wrong.

An alliance wide warn is a silly idea: while I understand the argument that there are some communities that are more tolerant than others of that behavior and don't at all think that is okay, I'm still opposed to any approach that paints a collective as responsible for an action that members of that collective may indeed be ignorant. What I want is punishment for the relatively few people who do these things.

I don't know how many ways it needs to be said that making death threats about lynching a black player is totally unacceptable and that no one should actually want this player in our community. It's ludicrous I should have to say that once, let alone multiple times. A nation strike is not enough and that is clear to anyone with sense, so I'm saying: fix that.

Alex has stated his "the community should police itself" belief in these matters, and I've always disagreed. He's the admin. Yeah, we should all be revolted by what this player has done. But blowing up his pixels is a totally asinine way to express that. Is that what we want to be the political fodder, here? "Come play politics and war. My alliance is planning to fight a war that's about lynching a real life black person!" Get fricking real.

Edited by Spaceman Thrax
  • Upvote 5

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

1 minute ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Yeah, wrong.

An alliance wide warn is a silly idea: while I understand the argument that there are some communities that are more tolerant than others of that behavior and don't at all think that is okay, I'm still opposed to any approach that paints a collective as responsible for an action that members of that collective may indeed be ignorant of. What I want is punishment for the relatively few people who do these things.

I don't know how many ways it needs to be said that making death threats about lynching a black player is totally unacceptable and that no one should actually want this player in our community. It's ludicrous I should have to say that once, let alone multiple times. A nation strike is not enough and that is clear to anyone with sense, so I'm saying: fix that.

Alex has stated his "the community should police itself" belief in these matters, and I've always disagreed. He's the admin. Yeah, we should all be revolted by what this player has done. But blowing up his pixels is a totally asinine way to express that. Is that what we want to be the political fodder, here?

Personally I would hope this player learned his lesson and there isn’t a systematic problem in TK which needs addressing. Although need to remember this was a first offense for the nation, so even if an ongoing problem with others; lynching him even if he’s learned his lesson won’t do much. If he does it again, I do think maybe Alex should be much harder on him. Although I think it’s better to wait & see; will get reported if they do it again & seeing some words doesn’t cause so much harm it would be the end of the world if the nation gets the chance to prove a ban warranted.

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Personally I would hope this player learned his lesson and there isn’t a systematic problem in TK which needs addressing. Although need to remember this was a first offense for the nation, so even if an ongoing problem with others; lynching him even if he’s learned his lesson won’t do much. If he does it again, I do think maybe Alex should be much harder on him. Although I think it’s better to wait & see; will get reported if they do it again & seeing some words doesn’t cause so much harm it would be the end of the world if the nation gets the chance to prove a ban warranted.

You did not read the thread. There's been several issues with this same player.

Edit: And it doesn't matter, actually, anyway. Do we all get one free lynch joke, here? Seriously.

Edited by Spaceman Thrax
  • Upvote 3

~ William S. Burroughs

1 minute ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

I was under the impression those were before the warn.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

Just now, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

I was under the impression those were before the warn.

Again, doesn't matter. But do you not think having your forum name changed from "WHITE POWER RANGER" is a warn? This declaration was an escalation of that behavior, not that of someone who was at all sorry or reflective.

~ William S. Burroughs

Just now, Spaceman Thrax said:

Again, doesn't matter. But do you not think having your forum name changed from "WHITE POWER RANGER" is a warn? This declaration was an escalation of that behavior, not that of someone who was at all sorry or reflective.

Probably a dumb 12 year old who thought it was funny, but I don’t have a stake in this. Although I prefer mods/admins as hands off as possible; only intervening in severe cases. Although I won’t stop you if you think it’s worth all the fuss trying to get him punished further even if he doesn’t break anymore rules presently. :P

Some of you are just plainly pathetic. I don't think @Alex has to really look much further than to see that people are attempting to use moderation as a political tool.

*Note this is not aimed at everyone in this thread, mainly the ones who use an example of one person and equate it on a whole community.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

12 hours ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Edit: And it doesn't matter, actually, anyway. Do we all get one free lynch joke, here? Seriously.

Maybe we should just ban everyone who makes an insensitive joke at some point & see how long the game survives, once it devolves into everybody reporting each other for anything said they can find offense in & him banning them right away.

Would be an interesting way to suicide the game if he goes with that approach of banning everyone who offends anybody else.

• Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Maybe we should just ban everyone who makes an insensitive joke at some point & see how long the game survives, once it devolves into everybody reporting each other for anything said they can find offense in & him banning them right away.

Would be an interesting way to suicide the game if he goes with that approach of banning everyone who offends anybody else.

Calling yourself white power Ranger and referencing Zimmerman and lynching in war declarations against ethnic minorities comes on pretty strong for a misguided joke tbh 

5 minutes ago, Bezzers said:

Calling yourself white power Ranger and referencing Zimmerman and lynching in war declarations against ethnic minorities comes on pretty strong for a misguided joke tbh 

Kind of ironic you guys are now fighting in a coalition together with same alliance you’re still complaining to the mods about DoWs from. ?

• Haha 1

I'd say that no matter what the OP did, it generally warrants one nation strike, not two. The punishment is fair, but some clarification on WHY the nation strike occurred would be warranted.

4 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Kind of ironic you guys are now fighting in a coalition together with same alliance you’re still complaining to the mods about DoWs from. ?

This isn't about politics, I don't care. I don't like kettogg, not at all, but I dislike BK enough to work with them. Nobody likes this arrangement. This war could end tomorrow, I'll still be here arguing for harsher punishment. 

That remains entirely separate from this issue. If that guy gets banned I'm not going to go to the KT discord and run my mouth about getting a KT nation banned. I'll likely just celebrate a horrible racist getting banned after fricking with my member in ooc attacks. Now are you going to take your politics to a relevant thread? 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Keegoz said:

Some of you are just plainly pathetic. I don't think @Alex has to really look much further than to see that people are attempting to use moderation as a political tool.

*Note this is not aimed at everyone in this thread, mainly the ones who use an example of one person and equate it on a whole community.

Considering you still have him as a member of your community, it's a pretty clear admission that your community is exactly what I've been saying it is

Furthermore, I'm not pushing for you all to get banned, but I am pushing for you all to get warned because you keep fricking doing this, and you'll keep doing it if more isn't done. You welcome this shit in your community, you've done nothing about it in previous instances or this one, and you are very much responsible for it continuing to happen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

• Administrators

I feel that this situation has already been handled by the strike issued, and as far as I can tell, that punishment has worked, as we haven't had any more offenses from the player since. One user engaged in bad behavior, I issued a nation strike as a warning to correct behavior or be banned, and the behavior was corrected. I don't like banning people, and it's typically a last resort after repeated rule violations.

Now, I'm sure someone is going to say "what about the forum thing and the Discord thing"?! My answer to that is based on longstanding policy of separation of moderation between the game, forum, and Discord (formerly IRC). This is for your (the players') protection. What happens on Discord will not affect your forum account, and what happens on the forum will not impact your game account, etc. Of course, if you're banned in-game, you are prohibited from the forum/Discord.

But the point of separation of moderation is this: imagine how easy it would be to make a fake Discord account, for example, with your (insert yourself here) avatar and name. Someone pretends to be you, say a bunch of racist things in #politicsandwar in the P&W discord server, and before you know it, you're banned in-game and you don't know why. That would quickly allow for and encourage people to try and use moderation as a weapon to get ahead in the game, which is obviously something we want to prevent.

At the end of the day, the point is this: until this player breaks more rules, I'm not going to take further action against them. If other users break the rules, we will handle it appropriately on a user-by-user basis. I am not going to blanket ban or warn an entire alliance based on the actions of a few individuals (again, imagine how easy it would be to create a few fake accounts and join {insert your alliance here} and do racist things, and then clamor for the entire alliance to be banned/warned as a result.)

I do not condone or tolerate racism in the community, and it has always been against the rules. I am going to keep doing my best to enforce those rules and root out racism in the community. So far, it seems the warning in this case has worked, and if it turns out in the future that that the warning was not enough, the player will be banned then.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Was you previously warning a KKKT member enough to stop it from happening again?  No.  Was that warning enough to stop it from happening again after that?  No.  Was warning that KT player enough to stop it from happening this time?  No.  Did none of those actions you took amount to anything at all to the people in KT doing them, while the person they did them to cant play the game now without being regularly targeted for racist attacks by them?  Yes.  Is you ignoring this fact tolerating racism in this community?  Yes.  Have you done your best to do something about it?  No.

• Downvote 6

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

Someone said about an alliance-wide strike, in truth when the leader of the alliance has this as a picture on his nation page do you really think things will stop.

unknown.png

The image was later removed by a mod, but nothing will change as someone said they have 70 members who seem to be taking it in turn.

I know Alex has a three strike rule and after three strikes people are banned, but sometimes doing things like the above should just be a simple ban as promoting terrorist acts is a lot worse than what Pooball did and he got a life ban.

Aside from delusional and ignorant statements running strong in this thread, perhaps irony is the strongest of them all. The likes of Kosmo and Moonshadow are out here, with their pitchforks raised high, shouting and screaming, in yet another witch hunt, to lynch entire communities.. in a thread where a racist lynch war declaration has been reported. Let that fact sink in.

KT has not defended nor condoned this or any other inappropriate behaviour by anyone in the community. The person in question was reprimanded and threatened with removal after the nation strike has happened, and only a mercy plead saved him from being kicked out. Then, sooner than it was made, promise to behave was broken, and it became apparent this person does not care for our community or how his actions negatively impact our alliance. He was promptly removed and is now seeking his fortunes elsewhere.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Theodosius said:

Aside from delusional and ignorant statements running strong in this thread, perhaps irony is the strongest of them all. The likes of Kosmo and Moonshadow are out here, with their pitchforks raised high, shouting and screaming, in yet another witch hunt, to lynch entire communities.. in a thread where a racist lynch war declaration has been reported. Let that fact sink in.

KT has not defended nor condoned this or any other inappropriate behaviour by anyone in the community. The person in question was reprimanded and threatened with removal after the nation strike has happened, and only a mercy plead saved him from being kicked out. Then, sooner than it was made, promise to behave was broken, and it became apparent this person does not care for our community or how his actions negatively impact our alliance. He was promptly removed and is now seeking his fortunes elsewhere.

“Kt has not defended or condoned this behaviour”

Hardcore c*ck movements their Theo. You may not have defended or condoned the movements after the backlash but it certainly wasn’t me that came up with that spicy war dec. just following orders.

????

• Downvote 4

16 minutes ago, Friendly Power Ranger said:

“Kt has not defended or condoned this behaviour”

Hardcore c*ck movements their Theo. You may not have defended or condoned the movements after the backlash but it certainly wasn’t me that came up with that spicy war dec. just following orders.

????

Oh, so you're now into lying too? Your marvelous traits keep stacking up.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Theodosius said:

Oh, so you're now into lying too? Your marvelous traits keep stacking up.

The war dec didn’t come from me that’s all I’m saying.

Edit: point is kt should grow some b*lls

Edited by Friendly Power Ranger
My point of the edit
  • Downvote 1

• Alex locked this topic