Out of Character attack in war declaration

Bezzers

• Upvote 3

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

I'm going to agree with this.

There is a need to increase the warn - without actually having a stance, Alex, it basically just allows (and fosters) other people who take this course. There is plenty of satire, jokes, and lightweight banter within this same field that these types can hide behind. Unfortunately, they remain here and the real threat that we have seen multiple times by this guy - and others - remains a part of this community.

The in-game war dec still says what you striked him for, which doesn't make much sense.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm.PNG

I appreciate the sentiment. Is there any chance we can use it to revisit issues like the one from this thread? @Alex

Edited by Spaceman Thrax

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

• Administrators
On 6/10/2019 at 3:13 AM, Bezzers said:

It was my impression that this is a repeat offender

This is the only offense they have recorded in-game.

My goal is to encourage people to follow the rules, not ban everyone.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

This is the only offense they have recorded in-game.

My goal is to encourage people to follow the rules, not ban everyone.

so what are you going to do to make sure it doesnt happen again in the future, or are you going to keep doing nothing until it starts affecting your pocketbook

• Administrators
Just now, chanel said:

so what are you going to do to make sure it doesnt happen again in the future, or are you going to keep doing nothing until it starts affecting your pocketbook

I issued a strike against the user's account, he responded saying he was sorry and it wouldn't happen again.

If it happens again, I'll take harsher action.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

I issued a strike against the user's account, he responded saying he was sorry and it wouldn't happen again.

If it happens again, I'll take harsher action.

as if joking about lynching a black woman is something you can say you're sorry about and just move on

would you just tell the african american community "we said we were sorry about slavery and institutionalized racism. just move on!" did he say sorry to queen m? did queen m accept that apology?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I absolutely am.  With how many times this has happened, over and over and over again from KKKT, there is absolutely no reason anyone in that alliance should get a free pass for pulling this shit again.  They recruit people that do this intentionally.  Theyre not the only one either.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Contextual. Is the recipient of the problematic war declaration of African-American descent? If not, are death threats banned? Am I allowed to declare war with a reason of "I'm going to rip your liver out, eat it, and leave you to bleed to death?"

14 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

There is punishing people that deserve to be punished, and then there is using moderation as a weapon, Kenny you are pushing toward the 2nd.

You're flatly wrong. It's not using moderation as a weapon to protect members of the community from racial death threats, dude.

This is not the first offense from this player; I reported him earlier for having the name WHITE POWER ranger on the forums. Do you not keep logs of that kind of thing? Does that not inform the decision on what the reasoning behind that "joke" might have been, and demonstrate that this is part of a pattern of behavior?

@Alex I'm sorry to ping you again, but a lot of people are upset about this, and most of them have just given up on trying. I'll give it one less crack. That apology wasn't even to the person who was wronged. It's incredibly difficult to take you seriously as someone who wants this community better when you act as if a nation strike is appropriate. As Kosmo is alluding, other members of that same community have attacked this same player (it was a whole thing, as you may recall). Should they all do so once, get a nation strike, apologize to you, and walk? Is that the community you want for your game? It's beyond ridiculous.

It's your game. You're the mod. People are going to take their cues from you. When you let crap like this slide, you come back in a month to a bunch more toxic nonsense, and you give a blanket statement on how we should all be excellent to each other... these things aren't actually totally contained from each other. It's not just on us: you are the one who can actually enforce the vision you want. 

Lead from the front.

Edited by Spaceman Thrax

~ William S. Burroughs

Don’t want to defend the idiot warned, but can see why Alex doesn’t want to suddenly suspend or ban someone after already making a decision to give a warn in this case. Changing his decisions based on forum complaints of not being harsh enough can make decisions seem whimsical, so think it’s expecting a bit much for him to change decisions made without additional rule violations or new evidence.

I think how he deals with it next time will give a better vision on how he wants to deals with this if it’s a problem which continues.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

24 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Don’t want to defend the idiot warned, but can see why Alex doesn’t want to suddenly suspend or ban someone after already making a decision to give a warn in this case. Changing his decisions based on forum complaints of not being harsh enough can make decisions seem whimsical, so think it’s expecting a bit much for him to change decisions made without additional rule violations or new evidence.

I think how he deals with it next time will give a better vision on how he wants to deals with this if it’s a problem which continues.

He's reversed course on things before, and good on him for it. When you make the wrong decision based on not looking at the full scope of the problem, you fix it, you don't just shrug and move on.

~ William S. Burroughs

Having spoken to an ex KT member who is familiar with this type of action, apparently this isn't that nations first offense, nor is it uncommon for him to make such remarks. Said friend stated his surprise that the player hadn't been banned before too. 

Also @Inst this situation is different to that. We had the player come into the valinor discord server at the time under the name 'White Power Ranger' (how subtle) looking to bait queen M. This was a recognised racial attack on a figure for whom we have documented history of bad blood with KT and racial aggression/discrimination lay at the core of those cases too.

Telling someone you're going to eat their liver in a maniacle way is a completely different case to purposeful baiting of an ethnic minority player, don't bring your smarts in here and defend it. 

Edited by Bezzers
Grammar

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

He's reversed course on things before, and good on him for it. When you make the wrong decision based on not looking at the full scope of the problem, you fix it, you don't just shrug and move on.

I think he risks overreacts if he lets the mob dictate he increase punishment. Few will bother saying they think the warn was good enough in cases they are, even if most do. Since it’s assumed he’s made up his mind and it’s not worth talking about more if fine with his decision. Also I don’t even know him, but still..

Banning that player won’t fix the overall problem, also he already has an agreement with that player on how to handle it this time. Although making your views known so he deals with better next time isn’t a bad idea. I do think the apology should have probably went to the player effected.

If that isn't enough for you Alex, his war declaration against myself was 'Zimmerman sends his regards', and considering the comment about the lynching of African-American people was hardly veiled, is it not safe to assume that the only reference this could refer to was George Zimmerman, the shooter in the highly documented case of the murder of African-American teenager Trayvon Martin in 2012? Given the proximity of the two declarations and the disparity of this players custom war declarations in comparison to these personal ones, am I to not assume that, despite the fact that I am not of an ethnic minority, this is still a case of racially inclined humor, or fueling the provocation towards Queen M? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Man some people are just never happy. He gave him a nation strike guys, which presumably does something. What more could you possibly want?

C0r3Fye.png

A ban, a KT wide warn so they can't keep doing this without getting banned for it, the bloc targeted by this to not instantly align with the people responsible for it immediately afterwards, and for TKRs former FA person to at least pretend to have a modicum of respect for the FA person who proceeded him and was the victim of this shit which is happening repeatedly from the same people. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, kosmokenny said:

A ban, a KT wide warn so they can't keep doing this without getting banned for it, the bloc targeted by this to not instantly align with the people responsible for it immediately afterwards, and for TKRs former FA person to at least pretend to have a modicum of respect for the FA person who proceeded him and was the victim of this shit which is happening repeatedly from the same people. 

I thought it was obvious but my comment was facetious

• Haha 1

C0r3Fye.png

• Alex locked this topic