New Project: Spy Satellite

Prefontaine

This one is actually good, improves spies, but not OP af.

Question: So if someone has this project, but they're not using Arcane and someone spies them with Covert on, does the detection perk cancel out?

Edited by ?ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™?

6 minutes ago, ?ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™? said:

Question: So if someone has this project, but they're not using Arcane and someone spies them with Covert on, does the detection perk cancel out?

That's a question for @Alex as I'm not privy to the coding

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

Increases spy attack effectiveness by 50% is a little too high I would say 25% is more balanced.  You have to consider war policies that already boost spy op def/off  stacking with this.

3 minutes ago, Zaxon said:

Increases spy attack effectiveness by 50% is a little too high I would say 25% is more balanced.  You have to consider war policies that already boost spy op def/off  stacking with this.

Covert is the policy of exceptional espionage capability. This War Policy increases the chances of offensive espionage operations being successful by 15%. The downside is that the nation takes 5% more infrastructure damage in Ground Battles, Airstrikes, and Naval Battles.

The boost is only to the success rate according to the description. If the 15% is added to the damage as well, then I would suggest making the project add 35% more effectiveness to bring the combination of the two up to 50% bonus.

scSqPGJ.gif

3 minutes ago, Epi said:

50% is a pretty nice buff, it's not like we've seen spies overused in wars rn. This is mainly because they don't do much damage :P.

Pretty much

You really only need spies to cover your nukes if on defense

For offensive purposes they barely help against whales when trying to drag them down.

They're very min-max purpose right now. Minimum effect overall for those trying to maximize effectiveness.

38 minutes ago, ?ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™? said:

While I do like the idea of it, it is very OP.  The cost of it needs to be bumped up.  The increased effectiveness needs to come down a tad (I'd say 25%, not 50%).  The rest is actually fine.

Not sure how I'd increase the cost since it is loaded on resources to buy it, but considering it would be a very IMPORTANT and PERMANENT project (If you keep the project, which you should) - there needs to be tweaking of it.

Many people don't consider Spy Ops being important in a battle or at war, but they can quickly add up in value over the course of a war.

24 minutes ago, Epi said:

50% is a pretty nice buff, it's not like we've seen spies overused in wars rn. This is mainly because they don't do much damage :P.

This is false.  Or you just haven't been paying attention to those who use them well.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

While I do like the idea of it, it is very OP.  The cost of it needs to be bumped up.  The increased effectiveness needs to come down a tad (I'd say 25%, not 50%).  The rest is actually fine.

Not sure how I'd increase the cost since it is loaded on resources to buy it, but considering it would be a very IMPORTANT and PERMANENT project (If you keep the project, which you should) - there needs to be tweaking of it.

Many people don't consider Spy Ops being important in a battle or at war, but they can quickly add up in value over the course of a war.

I agree that it is strong, all of the satellites are IMO. Cost-wise remember that you have to consider the cost of the gateway project as well. These projects do take 3 project slots to get. 

Perhaps making it a roll for the modifier? It does 25%-50%, a randomized percent with those bounds. 

Edited by Prefontaine

scSqPGJ.gif

I do think we should go into outer space, satellites could be a start. Other possible effects could be reduce the impact of an enemy having the ground advantage some, since they could be coordinated by satellite maybe? 

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

Just now, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

I do think we go into outer space, satellites could be a start. Other possible effects could be reduce the impact of an enemy having the ground advantage some, since they could be coordinated by satellite maybe? 

That would be an idea of something to build off of the military satellite sort of thing. Requires that project to build a satellite to tweak control percentages or something.

• Upvote 2

scSqPGJ.gif

13 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Not sure if 50% is stronger increase than needed & maybe it should be lower along with costs? Already spies can be killed off pretty fast.

That was one of the few spots I was touchy on myself. Maybe capping the increased bonus number of spies killed at 5 would be a decent idea. Basically if you kill 10 spies, you instead kill 15. If you kill 20, you only kill 25 instead of 30. etc.

Edited by Prefontaine

scSqPGJ.gif

2 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

That was one of the few spots I was touchy on myself. Maybe capping the increased bonus number of spies killed at 5 would be a decent idea. Basically if you kill 10 spies, you instead kill 15. If you kill 20, you only kill 25 instead of 30. etc.

Already CIA is a pretty big advantage over those without in wiping their spies. I think maybe boosting the success odds by 10%, defense odds by 10% & allow another spy purchase might be better. Would still be powerful in adding to success some & recovering spies much faster.

1 minute ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Already CIA is a pretty big advantage over those without in wiping their spies. I think maybe boosting the success odds by 10%, defense odds by 10% & allow another spy purchase might be better. Would still be powerful in adding to success some & recovering spies much faster.

Success odds are one thing.

Effectiveness of the attack is a different thing.

Odds of failing are one thing.

Odds of being detected are another.

I think you might be a little confused on what is impacting what. 

scSqPGJ.gif

Just now, Prefontaine said:

Success odds are one thing.

Effectiveness of the attack is a different thing.

Odds of failing are one thing.

Odds of being detected are another.

I think you might be a little confused on what is impacting what. 

I know what your suggestion is, but I think a boost in success odds (smaller for both defense and offense) would better. People wouldn’t have their stockpiles wiped as fast from losing the spy advantage; although this would help people gain or keep it some.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ?ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™? said:

No, off the top of my head the War Policies don't affect the chances of being caught, just the chances of being successful, whereas the perk only affects the chances of being caught and do not impact success. So if someone spies someone else with this project and the spy-er has Covert War Policy, they're both 15% more likely to get caught and also 15% more likely to be successful.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Spies are extremely overpowered if used correctly
I've used em this war to get out of tricky situations. 
3 spy ops before and 3 spy ops after update against a unit(yes, i took help from another guy) and a double buy can more or less give you a decisive victory.

Instead of giving a 50% buff to the spy capabilities, I think an additional spy op that can do everything will be more helpful

The math is:
With Pre's suggestion: 2 spy ops that let us kill units can kill x+0.5x+x+0.5x=3x

With my suggestion: 3 ops that let you kill units can kill x+x+x=3x

This will help smaller alliances with less members to do more espionage operations. Moreover, it will allow single targets for single nations.