End of the Great Sock War and Mr.Fox's last stand

Uriah 'the Fox'

8 minutes ago, Inst said:

It's partially the alliance's responsibility to monitor its users. And it's also the alliance's responsibility to monitor its protectorates. If say, someone were to attempt to infiltrate as a cheater to get the alliance rolled and/or banned, they'd deserve their victory if the target alliance wasn't good enough to detect and prevent the attempt.

I wasn’t even thinking about Protectorates, but if the responsibility to monitor goes that far it could set even more dangerous precedents.

You do realize Ol' Ramirus Maximus become Graemlins government because he wanted to take the alliance down, right? There's many other ways to infiltrate and destroy an alliance without needing to resort to cheating.

1 minute ago, Inst said:

You do realize Ol' Ramirus Maximus become Graemlins government because he wanted to take the alliance down, right? There's many other ways to infiltrate and destroy an alliance without needing to resort to cheating.

His refusal peace without IRON’s unconditional surrender after every other alliance & unwillingness to speak with anyone about it made it seem that way, unless there was a point he really wanted to make. He did coordinate the war against IRON during Karma or at least he’s the one who wanted me to declare with FCC on them last minute from Valhalla.

Although I favored letting them off light & TOP lobbied for leniency with them. So also possible he wasn’t happy with the peace. I never had any issue with IRON, just their allies at the time.

1 hour ago, Inst said:

People talked to him IRL and it turned out he was a Berk grad student who made up his in-game identity because he had a hate-on for Graemlins.

Possible he just didn’t want to sound like an idiot, so claimed he joined from the start with that intention & pulled off some really long term plan. He was Gov at least as far back as Karma War; wasn’t until BiPolar he destroyed them with a stubborn & illogical course of action.

Edit: Also despite not being the most sociable guy, he got to the top because he was good at econ & investing a lot of time into building them up. So even if eventually he did despise most of them, I don’t believe he joined & invested all that time in Gov because he hated them. Also at the time, he had the other Archons in power backing his decision to war until unconditional surrender, despite IRON being unwilling to surrender with unknown terms. They had sort of a Triumvirate System as well, so he wasn’t able to do that without support from other gov. I remember during it speaking with one, but he was unwilling to go against Ramirus & was even convinced they weren’t being insane.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

I may be considered a traitor etc within the NR members and I don't blame them, but I have to say

Nova Riata was probably one of the most active and fun alliances I have ever been in, the voice chats were very involving, accepted anyone into their conversations, and out of game, they are great guys and continue to be, and despite the setbacks in-game I wish for them a successful future, even if that sounds hypocritical. All those poker games were fun, would like to play again, if any of you are free.

Uriah, you are a great guy, although we didn't speak much, I think you are a pretty cool guy, and not to forget the fact that you made an entire alliance worship foxes, had fun with poker, when we were last in the game, you beat me, but it was fun nonetheless

Viselli, we may have gotten on the wrong foot after I left, but I can still remember all those crazy poker games, introducing me, and being important to my time in NR

Sondi, Smooth Irish accent, haha, but very cool to be around with, the poker games, one of my most challenging opponents, very involving, just all around cool guy, very funny.

Njordor, introduced me to NR entirely on the get go, and a large part why I joined in the first place, always defusing tense situations, always being funny, looking out for others

Pooball, outside of the game, outside of cheating, he honestly was fun to be around with, his English tone, the time when I think it was Njordor or Sondi tried to get him to go all in on me when I had a Flush was very funny, and one of my best moments, really made the banter that much more

Jason or whatever your name is now, fun banter, interesting conversations, next time you try a business, look into it before buying! : P 

Boofy, the wise old bovine of the alliance, really got the conversations within the alliance all that more fun, cool guy altogether.

Most of this is going to be my short experience in Poker, and in the alliance, but it was definitely incredible to be in it, having something that hardly any other alliance could achieve to have, or even dream of having, a very inviting community, an active community, sure it's great, but getting new people instantly into the affairs on the first day is legendary. Sorry that it had to end so abruptly and quickly, but if any one of you guys want to create an poker game, I'll be sure to invite me, haha, I'll spend another night on it.

So drunk, so let me solve the problem. Because i'm so drunk, I didn't this was trivial.

Step 1: Take the pooball across the river, leaving Uriah alone with 204 billion (it's supposedly up to 370 billion now!). Return to the shore.

Step 2: Take the money across the river to the Pooball, but picking up Pooball on the return trip.

Step 3: Take Uriah across to the other shore, leaving pooball alone by himself. Return with an empty boat.

Step 4: With pooball and Uriah left without the money, take the money across the river to pick up the money and return to pooball and Uriah.

Step 5: Set everyone on the other shore on fire.

• 1 year later...