End of the Great Sock War and Mr.Fox's last stand

Uriah 'the Fox'

You sir, just earned my respect. The fact that you are sticking with your alliance until the very end is something I can't help but to respect. I wish you luck @Uriah 'the Fox'.

• Upvote 6

Rest in peace, Nova Riata, land where all the animals were free, not abused by any greedy farmers.

I give lots of respect and wish a lot of luck to all the foxes, beans, bees/bears/planes/faecal, my past and current friends. 

Time to say bye, a new adventure awaits you

• Haha 1

Respect o7

• Upvote 1

Nova was a great fun & vibrant community and I will sincerely miss it . 

I guess we had our own little disappointing GoT plot twist that turned into the "Brown Wedding" eh Uriah ??

The Fox Remembers !

• Upvote 2

When he started mass wiping cities and projects on innocent nations like Fox & treating them all guilty; I thought it wasn’t handled well.

It bring a drastic change from his original announced stance only makes it more poorly handled to do the opposite not long later as well.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Madden8021 said:

Goodbye! remember, cheaters never win in the end.

wtf, Uriah posted a nice post... he wasnt a cheater.

But goodluck to you Uriah!

Edited by Shlappa
  • Upvote 6

For those who feel good about the outcome and wishing the Fox luck, what about their Cities and Projects destroyed due to the mob calls for collective punishment? How many care if the Fox gets those back or does the mob still think Fox deserved these punishments for being connected to cheating somehow? Think the guilty have all been banned by now & it wasn't reasonable to take the cities/projects from those who just got what a normal players could achieve in another alliance during that time.

Image result for assange those who do nothing

If the cheater had wanted to disrupt the game experience for normal players, success in ruining it for many players treated as cheapers after Alex got caught in the mob mentality of being associated with the cheaters in any way being grounds for additional punishment. Doesn't feel like this ended in feel good moment when most of the remaining innocents are deleting or asking their nations wiped to avoid further negative stigma for being in the wrong place. Uraih was brave enough to post a gov announcement when the rest have been banned and mob has called for all punished as accomplishes. I would have spoke up more between Alex saying what he was going to do initially and what he changed it to if I knew he would suddenly change punishments on a whim to hurting those who clearly didn't know about cheating.

Restore their lost projects or set their projects timers so time wise they're not set back on that at least.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I agree it was handled poorly. I rerolled a 500+ day nation to clear myself of the stigma and try and salvage some reputation but I’m still being branded a cheat and being embargoed. Alliances have even given orders to embargo the innocents in Nova *cough*Typhon. I think Alex handled it badly but also the community hasn’t helped in my opinion the guilty have been banned so let the innocents play on without witch hunting them 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, Beans98 said:

I agree it was handled poorly. I rerolled a 500+ day nation to clear myself of the stigma and try and salvage some reputation but I’m still being branded a cheat and being embargoed. Alliances have even given orders to embargo the innocents in Nova *cough*Typhon. I think Alex handled it badly but also the community hasn’t helped in my opinion the guilty have been banned so let the innocents play on without witch hunting them 

I agree the community wasn't helpful in some of their demands; although kind of expect him to stand his ground if people try getting him to punish those he thinks aren't guilty of the crime. Those treated as cheaters and weren't are all potenially lost players who ended up wasting 100s of hours playing a game they don't think cares about fairness.

Although if any Nova members really can't find an alliance, maybe send me a PM and I'll see if I can help them find one.

Better to go out with a bang than with a whimper, Best of luck to you guys, hope you end up staying in the game. 

12 hours ago, Madden8021 said:

Goodbye! remember, cheaters never win in the end.

Uhmm, not counting the fact that Uriah didn't cheat. You realise that many many times cheaters do win, its just in this case they got caught for being too cocky. 

2 hours ago, Beans98 said:

Good to see you back in TF, hope you guys get back on track as quick as you can. 

7 hours ago, Shlappa said:

wtf, Uriah posted a nice post... he wasnt a cheater.

But goodluck to you Uriah!

Don't worry Madden just does these posts that make no sense sometimes,

Edited by Sphinx
typo
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Epi said:

Everyone but Pooball will be easily forgotten after 2 weeks, benefiting from 6 months worth of income they never have to pay back....you know since Nova disbanded and Sheepy didn't delete 90% of the cities bought.

And what exactly did this community do that was so heinous? last i checked we rolled the alliance caught cheating to disband it, totally justified. Embargoed the nations in it, since they might still have generated resources that would fk with the market. And instead of demonizing them, there have been countless radio shows breaking it down and treating the members and leaders with respect.

The real frick up here is you & the Nova members who think they're being treated unfairly.

You’d feel fairly treated if someone in Camelot got caught cheating, then you lost your nukes and most expensive cities for being Gov on the same AA? With the rest of Camelot deserving similar treatment if a cheater is ever caught from the alliance?

Great way of handling things...

1 hour ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

You’d feel fairly treated if someone in Camelot got caught cheating, then you lost your nukes and most expensive cities for being Gov on the same AA? With the rest of Camelot deserving similar treatment if a cheater is ever caught from the alliance?

Great way of handling things...

Actually, yes, that is entirely fair. Gov members have a duty and responsibility which puts them on the hook when any of their members or fellow gov members misbehave; be that unauthorized raiding up to and including cheating. Leaders have an expectation and duty to know these things, and if they don't know or don't at least try to find out then they've failed in their obligations as a leader. It's not like you'd forgive Epi for avoiding action against someone in camelot that declared 5 attrition wars against BK and proceeded to go nuke-happy, right? To answer the second question, though, the normal level of membership don't share that responsibility and shouldn't be held accountable for their leadership, because they don't have any expectation or duty to know their leaders' secrets.

That said, without evidence of active participation in the cheating, administrative action would indeed be inappropriate, but being socially called out and asked to resign or disband the offending alliance is entirely appropriate. Which is why we should respect Uriah for doing exactly that, and consider his duty fulfilled. At some later point he might even lead an alliance again; it would be difficult for him but still entirely allowable, since his duty in regards to the cheating has been fulfilled.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Actually, yes, that is entirely fair. Gov members have a duty and responsibility which puts them on the hook when any of their members or fellow gov members misbehave; be that unauthorized raiding up to and including cheating. Leaders have an expectation and duty to know these things, and if they don't know or don't at least try to find out then they've failed in their obligations as a leader. It's not like you'd forgive Epi for avoiding action against someone in camelot that declared 5 attrition wars against BK and proceeded to go nuke-happy, right? To answer the second question, though, the normal level of membership don't share that responsibility and shouldn't be held accountable for their leadership, because they don't have any expectation or duty to know their leaders' secrets.

That said, without evidence of active participation in the cheating, administrative action would indeed be inappropriate, but being socially called out and asked to resign or disband the offending alliance is entirely appropriate. Which is why we should respect Uriah for doing exactly that, and consider his duty fulfilled. At some later point he might even lead an alliance again; it would be difficult for him but still entirely allowable, since his duty in regards to the cheating has been fulfilled.

So best way to bring down an alliance for a cheater would be get an alliance to let them join, use cheats to the alliances benefit & get that account caught. Seems that could reward cheating as well if decided fair & standard practice.

Edit: Although I mostly disagree with the administrative response & don’t expect most alliances to care about what is fair, etc. It’s a war game, so not calling out any alliances who attacked as doing wrong.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

32 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

So best way to bring down an alliance for a cheater would be get an alliance to let them join, use cheats to the alliances benefit & get that account caught. Seems that could reward cheating as well if decided fair & standard practice.

Edit: Although I mostly disagree with the administrative response & don’t expect most alliances to care about what is fair, etc. It’s a war game, so not calling out any alliances who attacked as doing wrong.

It's partially the alliance's responsibility to monitor its users. And it's also the alliance's responsibility to monitor its protectorates. If say, someone were to attempt to infiltrate as a cheater to get the alliance rolled and/or banned, they'd deserve their victory if the target alliance wasn't good enough to detect and prevent the attempt.