Reporting myself

Lu Xun

I think one last clarification is needed. During Knightfall and the immediate postwar, I sequentially operated (i.e, deleted and rerolled) three nations. The first was "I'M SOOO DRUNK" because I was really drunk when I decided to play PnW. This nation was eventually countered by Pantheon, forced to boost, and deleted. The second was "Mohist Black", to whom the same eventually happened, but not before harassing the hell out of EastAsia. The third was "Einstein on the Beach" / "A Boy Named Crow". This nation was when I decided to start picking up mercenaries.

The rerolls weren't actually because I was trying to game the credit system to generate free money, but because I didn't like giving opponents the joy of defeat alerts on me, and I enjoyed confusing people by using different account names so no one would know which was actually me. In the first two instances, I think I never quite got through the in-game constraints on new player trades, and I recall paying reps to an alliance that had peaced out by playing an hour of baseball with them. It was the third account that resorted to hiring mercenaries, because I was essentially alone against SynDIQ at the very beginning, being unwilling to join any of the combatant alliances on the TKR side.

I basically ran an almost 1-man credit-fueled war on Syndisphere assets in the last global. Total expenses reached $1700. Obviously, TKR surrendered.

===

Also, I'd like to thank you for bringing back my beautiful memories. Someone in a certain sphere confronted me once and claimed I had dealt incredible levels of damage. That was mostly because I fought off AA, and I told them, if you filtered NPO war stats to only Knightfall, not all wars, my contribution was more minimal. But if you add together all three rolls, and manually include wars I had launched on SynDIQ, I dealt a total of about 830 million net damage last war. So I wasn't as bad as I had thought. That would have put me at rank 18 in a certain alliance.

Edited by Inst

11 minutes ago, Sondirrasta said:

Sorry, are you talking to me?

I'm getting old, perhaps I'm talking to myself.

But tl;dr

Paid to others less than $1700 worth of credits last war, with credits I bought for my own rerolled accounts deducted from the total. Kept sanitation. Bannable?

Edited by Inst

I'm being reported for a different perceived offense and having fun with the angry ex-NR member (who deleted when I vectored attackers on him). I seriously want to get clarification on donation standards and sanitation standards.

6 minutes ago, Inst said:

I'm being reported for a different perceived offense and having fun with the angry ex-NR member (who deleted when I vectored attackers on him). I seriously want to get clarification on donation standards and sanitation standards.

If you have this kind of cash to go around, sent me a few thousand. lol.

Just now, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

If you have this kind of cash to go around, sent me a few thousand. lol.

I don't anymore. I mean, if you want to wonder where the money went, I think I'M SOOO DRUNK bought 10 credits, then deleted, then Mohist Black bought 20 credits during the month change, and eventually deleted as well. Einstein on the Beach I think might have bought 20 credits between November and December and 10 credits in January. There were like 12 mercenaries who received credits, some of them 20 credits, some of them less, and I think like 6 of them just went straight inactive. There was this really annoying guy who was supposed to have been a friend from elsewhere, and basically turned into this odd troll / saboteur I kicked out. Someone was actually pregnant during the merc campaign and I forgot about it when it went overtime, and when she delivered, I had to let her go.

Then there was the guy who ran off with the money by pretending to be inactive and took out like 20 credits. I even took a loan out for him from a bank paid off based on my own creditworthiness so he could nuke Typhon for me from the 2 city tier. He, unfortunately, went inactive, and when I asked him to repay the loan, he was just inactive. He eventually ended up joining an alliance whose government might have been friendly, and they seized the cash he embezzled and took it as a donation from me since I couldn't actually receive it due to RMT constraints. I think most of the merc hiring ended by mid-January, because the original service span was supposed to be 2 weeks and we had gone to 4.

Let me think, that actually looks like 920, doesn't it? I think there must have been two NR people who got nuke projects, not just one. So up to 1k now. Then that NR gov guy took my money so he could buy munitions and gas past a blockade. Something like 3 credits, but then his kid brother ran off with the gift card to make unauthorized micro-transactions in Candy Crush or something.

Oh, then there were two people I had boosted over something or another. So looks closer to $1,120 in this gift card storm.

====

I personally was very entertained. I had talked about this is Discord, and when confronted about it, I explained it was "pay to troll". I definitely pissed off a lot of people who thought they would be winning because they were on the SynDIQ side, including quite a few opponents who were so shocked at the engagements they met that they deleted. It seriously was just one 10 city nation without an alliance that spent way too much money on this game and was making friends and hiring mercs.

Now I'm trying to remember working with Pooball. You see when I talk about how disappointed I am in Pooball, it's because I think we were great together. I think I must have noted the double nuke and asked him to report it, although I'm so drink-fogged I can't remember much of anything. I tried to sell him on the idea of alliance-killing tactics, i.e, find the weakest spot in the opfor coalition and hammer them until they quit / disband. I'd like to think I had some part to play in Sirius's disbandment. Then he went after TCE, which I wasn't quite fond of because it was still UPN/Acadia allied before it died.

I eventually wandered off because I didn't like to fight in place and get killed in place, and by that time I was pretty reliant on raiding to finance myself. The estimated yield on raids was like 10-15mn a day at that point, so that'd have come out to 375 million a month, which was 75% of monthly income as I had stopped rerolling by then. I was pretty tired of the entire campaign by that time, so I eventually just decided to save up nukes and spies and make sure I'd just come out of nowhere and dump nukes on Typhon. And Pantheon-sphere STILL didn't figure out I was fighting for the TKR-side and wasn't attempting to actively suppress me, just thinking I was some kind of nutjob or raider.

So, yeah, that's how I earned my 830 mn net war stats. In retrospect, it wasn't really worth the money, time, or dedication to make that little "Inst's Patrol" thing work out. But it's a golden memory.

16 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

By that logic we should get Frawley to add a section for net damage to Inst's wallet ?

Yeah. TBH, if you want to start doing credit storm tactics, I'm sure there's more efficient ways to do it (total cost was 2.4 bn or 4 bn in then-year credit value). The only reason I started hiring mercs with credits was because I couldn't talk people into dumping money onto lower tier assets; my key original concept was that low-tier assets, if they were highly trained and properly equipped, could make mince-meat out of Pantheon-sphere and begin declaring up. Even if they weren't the best assets for creating war stats, they could terrorize the enemy and create confusion.

===

As for this war, I tried suggesting to Empyrea to try to create zero-tier special operations forces with cash infusions from their bank (high performers get selected for being given boost capability to create slot-filled assets), but the person I talked to didn't like it. They don't really need it anyways, KETOG is beating Chaos badly, to my disappointment. On the other hand, we did boost low-end assets in Pantheon who had strong combat experience towards the end of this war, but by the time they were ready to come into play, NR was already getting murdered by BK.

Edited by Inst

32 minutes ago, Inst said:

I don't anymore. I mean, if you want to wonder where the money went, I think I'M SOOO DRUNK bought 10 credits, then deleted, then Mohist Black bought 20 credits during the month change, and eventually deleted as well. Einstein on the Beach I think might have bought 20 credits between November and December and 10 credits in January. There were like 12 mercenaries who received credits, some of them 20 credits, some of them less, and I think like 6 of them just went straight inactive. There was this really annoying guy who was supposed to have been a friend from elsewhere, and basically turned into this odd troll / saboteur I kicked out. Someone was actually pregnant during the merc campaign and I forgot about it when it went overtime, and when she delivered, I had to let her go.

Then there was the guy who ran off with the money by pretending to be inactive and took out like 20 credits. I even took a loan out for him from a bank paid off based on my own creditworthiness so he could nuke Typhon for me from the 2 city tier. He, unfortunately, went inactive, and when I asked him to repay the loan, he was just inactive. He eventually ended up joining an alliance whose government might have been friendly, and they seized the cash he embezzled and took it as a donation from me since I couldn't actually receive it due to RMT constraints. I think most of the merc hiring ended by mid-January, because the original service span was supposed to be 2 weeks and we had gone to 4.

Let me think, that actually looks like 920, doesn't it? I think there must have been two NR people who got nuke projects, not just one. So up to 1k now. Then that NR gov guy took my money so he could buy munitions and gas past a blockade. Something like 3 credits, but then his kid brother ran off with the gift card to make unauthorized micro-transactions in Candy Crush or something.

Oh, then there were two people I had boosted over something or another. So looks closer to $1,120 in this gift card storm.

====

I personally was very entertained. I had talked about this is Discord, and when confronted about it, I explained it was "pay to troll". I definitely pissed off a lot of people who thought they would be winning because they were on the SynDIQ side, including quite a few opponents who were so shocked at the engagements they met that they deleted. It seriously was just one 10 city nation without an alliance that spent way too much money on this game and was making friends and hiring mercs.

Now I'm trying to remember working with Pooball. You see when I talk about how disappointed I am in Pooball, it's because I think we were great together. I think I must have noted the double nuke and asked him to report it, although I'm so drink-fogged I can't remember much of anything. I tried to sell him on the idea of alliance-killing tactics, i.e, find the weakest spot in the opfor coalition and hammer them until they quit / disband. I'd like to think I had some part to play in Sirius's disbandment. Then he went after TCE, which I wasn't quite fond of because it was still UPN/Acadia allied before it died.

I eventually wandered off because I didn't like to fight in place and get killed in place, and by that time I was pretty reliant on raiding to finance myself. The estimated yield on raids was like 10-15mn a day at that point, so that'd have come out to 375 million a month, which was 75% of monthly income as I had stopped rerolling by then. I was pretty tired of the entire campaign by that time, so I eventually just decided to save up nukes and spies and make sure I'd just come out of nowhere and dump nukes on Typhon. And Pantheon-sphere STILL didn't figure out I was fighting for the TKR-side and wasn't attempting to actively suppress me, just thinking I was some kind of nutjob or raider.

So, yeah, that's how I earned my 830 mn net war stats. In retrospect, it wasn't really worth the money, time, or dedication to make that little "Inst's Patrol" thing work out. But it's a golden memory.

You think Pooball would falsely accuse others of cheating on his way out to try bringing more down on false charges or think he'd only accuse others guilty when he knows he's banned anyways?

@Noctis Anarch Caelum

If we're talking about "that thing", let the investigators do their job. They'll file a complete report when they're done. Even if I'm banned, I'll still try to badger Alex in any way I can to do a full audit on the involved persons if they find nothing, and if Alex finds nothing, someone can always report them with details of the transaction in order to clear their name. In which case, if they were actually abusing "that thing", they'll have gotten away with it.

1 hour ago, Inst said:

@Noctis Anarch Caelum

If we're talking about "that thing", let the investigators do their job. They'll file a complete report when they're done. Even if I'm banned, I'll still try to badger Alex in any way I can to do a full audit on the involved persons if they find nothing, and if Alex finds nothing, someone can always report them with details of the transaction in order to clear their name. In which case, if they were actually abusing "that thing", they'll have gotten away with it.

Meant mostly if you thought him as a reliable source; since I think Poo has already outed others for cheating who would dispute it. No idea how deep what you're referring goes if you're right on it & not concerned about it. So guess we'll see if there is something big there or not.

4 hours ago, Malleator said:

Paying to win mechanics and the people who use them disgust me, and I wish both were removed from the game.

Yeah, anyone who pays for credits should be removed if they use it for anything other than cosmetic stuff...

Although I agree with some of your post, such as the pay to win mechanics. Recently realized price of credits was at least over $15m since their trade in value is up 50% (Can be traded direct for $15m)

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

40 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Yeah, anyone who pays for credits should be removed if they use it for anything other than cosmetic stuff...

Although I agree with some of your post, such as the pay to win mechanics. Recently realized price of credits was at least over $15m since their trade in value is up 50% (Can be trades direct for $15m)

Credits are mostly broken in zero tier, which is why I don't want to get above the zero tier (the tier without city building timers and the tier dominated by raiding gameplay). And since most players aren't interested in deleting and rerolling their nations, the amount of damage credits are doing to the zero tier is much more limited. Even then, in peace-time, raiding is usually more profitable in the zero tier (would be 67% of income compared to credit income under current prices), and I've currently already blown through my bank loan / am in the process of repaying it.

===

As for my actual view on pay-to-win, etc, my view is that RMT / microtransactions should be done more at the alliance level than at the player level. Players are of varying means, ranking from the utterly broke (Akuryo) to the guy with a drinking problem and is spending money he doesn't have (me) to the player who's rumored to have RMTed like a couple of thousand bucks to buy a protectorate for their whale account from a major alliance. But if it ends up being an entire alliance benefiting from RMT, first, there's a lot of over-committed and overly prosperous players in alliances who'll do it. Second, by making more than a single player benefiting from it (and when I was credit storming, I was credit storming for alliances getting rolled), it's less unfair. If people don't have money for credits, all they need is an alliance mate who does, and the problem is solved.

That is to say, if RMT / microtransactions were more targeted to benefit alliances instead of players, Alex would both get more money this way and it'd be less unfair to individual players. Something like a Gold API key might cost 20 or more credits, and would be something every major alliance could pay off. Or an alliance-wide 10% income bonus that's priced at 1 credit per 10 cities in the alliance; when we're talking about alliances breaking 1 billion a day, this comes out to 3 billion or so a month at the cost of about 200 credits per month or the equivalent of 3 billion a month through normal credit donations.

Edited by Inst

• Administrators

This thread has already been resolved and appears to just be devolving further, so I'm locking it.

• Downvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked this topic