Reporting myself

Lu Xun

Proper Format:

Nation Link: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=165874

Ruler Name: Nila Taylor

Nature of Violation: See below

Yakuza has informed me that I sent resources to an offshore bank, bought with credits, then rerolled and had the money sent back to me, and that this is against the game rules. I am hereby reporting myself for cheating.

I do note that the money that was generated was disbursed back to Pantheon and that I am strongly cash negative relative to Pantheon.

Edited by Inst
  • Upvote 4

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
1 minute ago, ShadyAssassin said:

We should reward him for his honesty and courage

Should we reward those who simply do not cheat ?

I'll also note I rerolled because I got slotted, not with intent to artificially generate cash via credit spamming. I felt my attackers were utter bullshit, and I had no desire to allow them the victory. I made sure I beiged the Federation guy I was attacking (and this wasn't recorded in war stats), then deleted.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

So if i understand this, you made a nation bought credits to get cash, sent that cash to a bank, deleted, made a new nation donated and so on ?

I know via discord you have $450 set to one side for it, but still cheating

It’s against the rules to receive from funds from somebody you give any to before rerolling or is this rule really specific? Regardless only resetting his nation or wiping his cities/improvements is fair since he turned himself in. (J/k, he didn’t even know it was against the rules. So not guilty due to not knowing about this obscure rule and turning himself in)

2 minutes ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

So if i understand this, you made a nation bought credits to get cash, sent that cash to a bank, deleted, made a new nation donated and so on ?

I know via discord you have $450 set to one side for it, but still cheating

Um, no, I made the nation to fight and was planning to use the credits to avoid having to cost Pantheon anything. The deletion only occurred because I was slotted, and I didn't want my attackers to enjoy their BS victory.

There was about 500 mn loaned from a bank. The money sent to Pantheon was the remainder of the combined bank loan + credit buy.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
1 minute ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

It’s against the rules to receive from funds from somebody you give any to before rerolling or is this rule really specific? Regardless only resetting his nation or wiping his cities/improvements is fair since he turned himself in. (J/k, he didn’t even know it was against the rules. So not guilty due to not knowing about this obscure rule and turning himself in)

it clearly states when you sign up "have you read the rules" then you tick to agree you have, only himself to blame for not reading them ?

4 minutes ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

it clearly states when you sign up "have you read the rules" then you tick to agree you have, only himself to blame for not reading them ?

See the violations noted:

https://politicsandwar.com/terms/

https://politicsandwar.com/rules/

But I'm just bringing this up because I don't want to be involved in cheating, and I think Alex will rule if I violate any of the terms.

===

Just to make things simpler, the former alliance/nation was, um, I forget the name? LogisticStorm for nation name, Hecate for alliance.

Hecate 1:

https://npowned.net/pw-war-statistics/alliance/5507

https://npowned.net/pw-war-statistics/alliance/5506

LogisticStorm:

https://npowned.net/pw-war-statistics/nation/163834

Edited by Inst

Just now, Elijah Mikaelson said:

His intent was not credit spamming, but wanting a new a nation. If rerolling I would think if I gave a friend resources, they’d be able to send me resources if I reroll. 

Also was joking in that other thread when I said ban everyone, liberal use of bans is what will end up killing the game if it gets that way.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
On 6/2/2019 at 6:11 PM, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

His intent was not credit spamming, but wanting a new a nation. If rerolling I would think if I gave a friend resources, they’d be able to send me resources if I reroll. 

Also was joking in that other thread when I said ban everyone, liberal use of bans is what will end up killing the game if it gets that way.

Well from my understanding and I'm sure Alex can clear this up, that's not allowed also, you can not have a friend hold resources for you in order for you to remake, and Yes Inst said he planned on deleting his nation using credits every time not to simply re-roll once.

Just now, Elijah Mikaelson said:

Well from my understanding and I'm sure Alex can clear this up, that's not allowed also, you can not have a friend hold resources for you in order for you to remake, and Yes Inst said he planned on deleting his nation using credits every time not to simply re-roll once.

As I understand what he did was a rule violation, but not a very likely bannable offense regardless. (Unless paired with something, like association with the duping thing)

Although seem to be spending a lot of accusing people of cheating for minor stuff & overly hung up on it. Anyone who cheated will need to be ready to face any potential consequences if caught; considering Inst turned himself in; Alex can take it from here without your explanation of the rules.

So, official policy is that credit bought cash can't be moved through rerolls? And what's defined as credit bought cash? As seen above, much of the resources sent back came from a bank loan. There was roughly a 4:1 ratio between bank loan and credit bought cash., and around 8-10% of the injection value was sent out and recovered at that time.

I'm just looking for sanitation policy. In my view, what occurred does not violate any rules in the T&C or Rules of the game. So obviously there's some kind of policy making this illegitimate, but the policy has not been clarified to me.

Edited by Inst

Aren't you the guy who was sending his CC details around during Knightfall in order to buy credits for everyone?
As well as re-rolling to buy credits
It seems that you can get away with cheating aslong as you pay enough to do so???

Capture.PNG

Edited by Sondirrasta
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sondirrasta said:

Aren't you the guy who was sending his CC details around during Knightfall in order to buy credits for everyone?
As well as re-rolling to buy credits
It seems that you can get away with cheating aslong as you pay enough to do so???

Capture.PNG

Real-World Transactions for In-Game Materials

Politics & War has a limited donation system to prevent the game from being "pay-to-win." In addition to limits on Credit usage, it is against the rules for players to make exchanges of real-life money or goods for in-game materials, including but not limited to: in-game money, and in-game resources. Examples of this type of behavior would include: sending someone real-life money for in-game money or in-game resources, purchasing someone a Steam game for in-game money or in-game resources, sending someone a gift-card for in-game money or in-game resources, and any other sort of real-world trade for in-game goods.

The punishment for real-world transactions for in-game materials will be a complete nation reset upon first offense, and a permanent ban from Politics & War upon a second offense.

I did not pay anyone for in-game money or in-game resources. I had asked Alex before hand whether it would be okay to move gift cards around, given that there's a well-known precedent of a major alliance with a whale (in the Gaming Industry term) who paid something like $1000 a month to his alliance mates so they could donate.

Mercenaries were recruited at about 1 gift card of 10 to 20 credits, and people were receiving gift cards so that low-tier mercenaries could boost up and be able to fight with a considerable warchest. This actually failed, since about 12 people were paid for, and only about 5 combat actives emerged, and one member absconded with the gift card money. That person was eventually caught and returned their money to a separate alliance, due to RMT rules preventing me from actually receiving their resources.

Edited by Inst

4 minutes ago, Sondirrasta said:

I count that as your second offense, no?

It depends on whether we count this as an offense or not. I linked above the Rules and Terms and Conditions. Nothing in the game specifies that the self-report offense was illegal, which is why I asked Alex for a clarification on policy as rules and policies are different. I checked this Discord account, and it is not recording a conversation with Alex over the legitimacy of the actions of the mentioned whale who dumped $1000 a month into his alliance. He said it was okay to give friends Paypal or gift cards for the purposes of donations.

I will also note that when I was working with Nova Riata, alliance members were willing to accept payments to cover the cost of nuclear projects. I covered, I believe, Haven Maine's nuclear project.

However Alex decides to rule on this matter, I do think it's a good time for clarification on the usage of donations and so on.

Edited by Inst

So you're saying that you sent people real life money (in the form of gift cards) in order for them to purchase warchests and builds in order to hit a target?

How is that not using a gift card to purchase in game resources. Just with extra steps...

You're saying to me that it's illegal to do so in the 1st person but by proxy it's perfectly fine

1 hour ago, Sondirrasta said:

So you're saying that you sent people real life money (in the form of gift cards) in order for them to purchase warchests and builds in order to hit a target?

How is that not using a gift card to purchase in game resources. Just with extra steps...

You're saying to me that it's illegal to do so in the 1st person but by proxy it's perfectly fine

It's perfectly legitimate for me to use a gift card to purchase in-game resources through the credit system, just as it is for you. However, the question is sanitation, i.e, whether I'm using intermediaries to divert the resources to myself. In the $1,000/month whale case, the member apparently did maintain sanitation, as these resources never touched their hands.

===

TBH, Sondirrasta, go buy credits if you can. Currently the credit max will cover you to 11 cities or so, and if we consider market prices for sold credits, you'll be able to cover city 12. The question is more whether you can clear the infrastructure cost, but at 17.5mn a pop you should have 25 million left over after buying cities on manifest destiny to 1k infra everything.  Improvements are probably not provided, but if you have a bit of savings you should be able to buy farms and shit. At city 12, you can't really raid anymore, so you'll be stuck farming until you get to city 15 and become combat capable, or get grants to city 15. And even then you'll likely be stuck farming.

If you can't, well:

The two reasons people stay at low cities is because they like raiding (and many people are bad at it, 10-15mn daily profit down low is reasonable), they're bad at the game, or their alliance sucks. The real combat tier of the game is between 15 and 25 cities right now, so if you want to fight an alliance war, find an alliance that'll get you grants to put you up to 15 cities.  If you want to be a whale, raid and bank invest for a year or two, and you'll eventually have enough saved up to hit 40 cities.

Edited by Inst

• Alex locked this topic