Guilt by association?

Blink

16 minutes ago, Keegoz said:

Wrong place to post this.

This.

I won't comment on whether the ban was justified or not, that is Sheepy's prerogative, but here's my question. Do you and Pooball not live together that removing your home address from the ban list would not result in him simply being able to access the site?

18 minutes ago, Blink said:

I am honest member of the community and feel I have been treated unfairly just because of my family relations. 

The problem with this situation is that it's your word against a fairly reasonable assumption. I don't think you should have been banned, but I don't think some punitive actions would have been particularly out of place.

For what little it's worth, I'm told you were not interested in growing as much as you were in fighting so I'll hold off from passing judgement immediately, but I genuinely do have doubts - which I don't think are particularly unreasonable - that someone with a blood relation, playing the same game, connected via a protectorate tie, wouldn't have eventually discussed fast, anomalous growth. 

Given Sheepy's reluctance to actually dish out bans, I doubt he acted on nothing here. If it is found that there was a lack of information, I hope you get the ability to play again, perhaps with a diminished nation size.

Edited by Dio Brando
  • Upvote 1

I think alex posted that pooball sent him resources through alliance bank. Cant confirm which post or comment

B74A992B-5D2E-4341-A1E4-6285FA5C5E32.png

Edited by Limbuwan
  • Upvote 1

All cheaters and their sympathizers have to be banned. Alex needs to make 9/11 look like a joke in comparison to his banning spree.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 14

“I'm cheap and enjoy butchering” - Manthrax

8 minutes ago, Limbuwan said:

I think alex posted that pooball sent him resources through alliance bank. Cant confirm which post or comment

B74A992B-5D2E-4341-A1E4-6285FA5C5E32.png

One thing I would not want someone I might share IPs with is cheat & get me banned. So I doubt they would tell me if trying to do just that, so the ban seems based on an assumption.

The ban is based on assumption, Alex knows we are separate people as he receives payment from two separate credit cards registered at two different home address's. 

If he is unwilling to un ban my Home address then I expect a full refund for all credits and awards purchased. 

Pooball and myself are grown men who live in our own houses the only way we share an ID is when I leave work and he starts (we work opposite shifts) banning my work IP is fair but to ban my Home isn't. I'm not even asking for my nation back I'll happily reroll. 

The total nation ID 116741 Ruination received from nova was funding for a NRF and a 300m loan for City 19 as I was in arrgh at the time having a break from tkr. 

Edited by Blink
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

Just now, Blink said:

The ban is based on assumption, Alex knows we are separate people as he receives payment from two separate credit cards registered at two different home address's. 

If he is unwilling to un ban my Home address then I expect a full refund for all credits and awards purchased. 

Why don’t you ask your brother to pay you back?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

I was a government member of TKR and we take opsec very seriously, Pooball used to joke he got more from Adrienne and others than I let on to him. 

I can't keep going over this over and over you all could see my transactions in game. A fair compromise would be to unban my home ID and keep the shared work ID banned. 

15 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

Why don’t you ask your brother to pay you back?

Because I'm talking about earned real money that I paid Alex for credits. If he's unwilling to un ban me I should be reimbursed. 

Edited by Blink
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Blink said:

Because I'm talking about earned real money that I paid Alex for credits. If he's unwilling to un ban me I should be reimbursed. 

But you were banned for cause, even if you don’t agree with it. Should pooball receive a reimbursement too?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 11

23 minutes ago, Blink said:

Pooball used to joke he got more from Adrienne and others than I let on to him.

I don't understand this part. What do you mean by this and how does this connect to the point you were trying to make?

6 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

But you were banned for cause, even if you don’t agree with it. Should pooball receive a reimbursement too?

23 minutes ago, Blink said:

You're donating to the game. You do not get a refund if you were banned. If you are unbanned in the future, you still are not owed any refund whatsoever, though I'm sure you can appeal Alex to do something similar. 

The terms of service quite literally state as much.

Edited by Dio Brando
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Dio Brando said:

I don't understand this part. What do you mean by this and how does this connect to the point you were trying to make?

You're donating to the game. You do not get a refund if you were banned. If you are unbanned in the future, you still are not owed any refund whatsoever, though I'm sure you can appeal Alex to do something similar. 

The terms of service quite literally state as much.

The first part was about information sharing between me and pooball. (it doesn't happen) 

Secondly thanks @Dio Brando I did not know about purchases being donations and non refundable. 

Just feels harsh to be banned before a investigation or even a comment from Alex was made to me, at the very least he could of spoken to me personally. 

10 minutes ago, Blink said:

Just feels harsh to be banned before a investigation or even a comment from Alex was made to me, at the very least he could of spoken to me personally. 

I agree, it is. Reviewing what I do have at the moment, I feel as if a reset might've been more productive.

8 minutes ago, PDunny said:

there is a general community consensus that Blink should not have been banned

Should his nation have incurred a penalty in some manner? I'd go with yes. Banned? Probably too much. While there is a close relation between the two, and making a connection isn't all that unreasonable, the outcome of making that connection should likely not have been a complete ban. The deletion of a few cities, or resetting of his nation makes more sense. I'd hold out and see what Sheepy has to say about this, though. He didn't dish out the first deletions lightly, and I doubt he dished this one out without real cause.

Edited by Dio Brando

3 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

Punished? I would say yes. Banned? Probably too much. I'll hold out and see what Sheepy has to say about this, though.

Yeah delete the nation or anything gained from the money sent to him from NR, fine by me. I think something like that should be done to everyone who directly benefited from it. 

Banning was too far though. It's unreasonable to expect Blink to know everything his brother does. It's also far more plausible for his brother to not tell him so that the brother would have "bragging rights" about the rapid growth. If it was due to cheating than it would negate that portion of it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

• Alex locked this topic